Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Re: Your 9POA Questions Answered Here!

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Any Stranger Things 9POA figures planned? How about a Tiny Ghost 9POA figure? Ok that last one was a joke but Stranger Things would be sweet!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
commodorefunko wrote:I love the Batmobile! Any more Rides planned for 9POA?

Not at the moment. We have some we'd love to make in the future, but we want to see how the Batmobile does first. :)

Oh, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Batman '66, after CW DC figures(which I hope you guys eventually change your mind about making, but you're already spoiling me)is the dream line that I wanted you guys to make! Man, I'm gonna need to get every single figure now. I'm also glad that you guys are making the Batmobile right off of the bat, as that sexy beast is one that I've been wanting to get in this scale, but have been unable to find at a decent price from Mattel's diecast versions.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

popfanboy wrote:Any Stranger Things 9POA figures planned? How about a Tiny Ghost 9POA figure? Ok that last one was a joke but Stranger Things would be sweet!

Oh! A Tiny Ghost action figure?! I love that idea!
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Hey, just saw some pics of the Batman 66 figures at Toy Fair(again, looking amazing), and I noticed some certain elements.

1) Some of the figures seem to have a peg assembly that would indicate an outward hinge joint at the shoulder(from my knowledge, if they were retail samples, they would usually be covered up more, but you can usually see them on prototypes). I also noticed that

2) Some of the figures appear to have a cut right at the wrist, indicating a swivel at that point.

My question here is if these figures do truly have those points of articulation, or is that just some prototype weirdness? I don't mind either way.
Unity, Duty, Destiny

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:45 pm

But what about Stranger Things?
And are LOST figures a possibility?
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

kassle

Postby kassle » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:40 pm

The Batman 66 figures are so fun. I watched afterschool as a kid, and I would have loved these exact figures.

Really excited Catwoman & Batgirl made Wave 1!!!!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:Hey, just saw some pics of the Batman 66 figures at Toy Fair(again, looking amazing), and I noticed some certain elements.

1) Some of the figures seem to have a peg assembly that would indicate an outward hinge joint at the shoulder(from my knowledge, if they were retail samples, they would usually be covered up more, but you can usually see them on prototypes). I also noticed that

2) Some of the figures appear to have a cut right at the wrist, indicating a swivel at that point.

My question here is if these figures do truly have those points of articulation, or is that just some prototype weirdness? I don't mind either way.

Yes, the shoulders have an insert ball joint for those "come at me bro" poses. But no wrist articulation.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am

commodorefunko wrote:But what about Stranger Things?

We will have an update on Stranger Things hopefully soon.

No plans for Lost at this point.

ImageImage

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:21 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
commodorefunko wrote:But what about Stranger Things?

We will have an update on Stranger Things hopefully soon.

No plans for Lost at this point.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear the news! Thank you, Reis!

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

kassle

Postby kassle » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 pm

I'd love to see The Goonies in this style. I know there was an attempt with ReAction...but I just don't think that style was quite right. 9PoA would really make them the figures of my childhood dreams.

I think the other issue w/ ReAction was the same choice Mezco made - only half the group got produced. There are some solid options with the core gang of Mikey, Chunk, Data, Mouth, Andy, Brand and Stef...along with Sloth, Ma Fratelli & the Fratelli boys.

Anyway. I imagine that ship has sailed, but I do think they could be done and done well in this style!

And just imagine a cave playset (w/ the collapsing skeleton piano) or One Eyed Willie's pirate ship. THE POSSIBILITIES.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:Is it possible that the Star Trek: The Next Generation figure which were discussed for the Reaction line could find their way to the 9 POA line? The Galoob line back in the 80's for TNG was similar and it would be great to get more like those. Star Trek just had it's 50 year anniversary and TNG is 30 this year so maybe, of done right, these could be a success? I would sure be interested in boxed sets. Maybe a boxed set of all the captains to test interest?

Unfortunately, this is pretty unlikely at this point. Sorry.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here Reis but does this reply mean it is unlikely we will see Star Trek at all indefinitely? The Pops you guys did for Star Trek: Beyond were great! I would have really liked to have seen some of those great character designs especially the Aliens as 3 3/4" figures! I'm hoping the CBS All Access Star Trek: Discovery series that is in development now will maybe garner some new fans to the genre. My question is do y'all have fans of Star Trek on the design team? If so what are some of the things that they would like to produce? Does the co-ownership of Star Trek between Paramount and CBS contribute to the difficulty in this lines success?

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 am

Oh sorry I have another question. When will we see or hear info about the Second Wave of Game of Thrones? Will these get the shoulder hinge too?

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:45 am

Batman 66 figures look awesome, will definitely get those!

But my question is concerning the lack of GOT action figures (wave 2) in Toy Fair 2017. Is GOT wave 2 coming out this year 2017 or will there be no more waves for GOT?

Also will you provide a list of 3.75 inch action figures coming out in 2017?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:42 am

bgiles73 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:Is it possible that the Star Trek: The Next Generation figure which were discussed for the Reaction line could find their way to the 9 POA line? The Galoob line back in the 80's for TNG was similar and it would be great to get more like those. Star Trek just had it's 50 year anniversary and TNG is 30 this year so maybe, of done right, these could be a success? I would sure be interested in boxed sets. Maybe a boxed set of all the captains to test interest?

Unfortunately, this is pretty unlikely at this point. Sorry.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here Reis but does this reply mean it is unlikely we will see Star Trek at all indefinitely? The Pops you guys did for Star Trek: Beyond were great! I would have really liked to have seen some of those great character designs especially the Aliens as 3 3/4" figures! I'm hoping the CBS All Access Star Trek: Discovery series that is in development now will maybe garner some new fans to the genre. My question is do y'all have fans of Star Trek on the design team? If so what are some of the things that they would like to produce? Does the co-ownership of Star Trek between Paramount and CBS contribute to the difficulty in this lines success?

Basically it all comes down to sales. I wouldn't say "indefinitely", because anything can happen in the future, but for the foreseeable future we do not have any plans for further Star Trek figures.

And yes, we have some major Trekkies (and Trekkers) on the design team, but even they know the climate out there for Trek collectibles.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:43 am

bgiles73 wrote:Oh sorry I have another question. When will we see or hear info about the Second Wave of Game of Thrones? Will these get the shoulder hinge too?

Unfortunately, while we focus on other properties, the GoT 9POA figures have been put on the back burner for the moment. If we get back to them, then yes, they will have the ball joints in the shoulders.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:44 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:Batman 66 figures look awesome, will definitely get those!

But my question is concerning the lack of GOT action figures (wave 2) in Toy Fair 2017. Is GOT wave 2 coming out this year 2017 or will there be no more waves for GOT?

Also will you provide a list of 3.75 inch action figures coming out in 2017?

See my above answer on the GoT figures. We don't have an official list of offerings for 2017 as it's still being developed. But rest assured that we have some pretty exciting things coming up!

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Not so much a question but a statement about that 1966 Batmobile with Batman and Robin. I have been wanting this all my life! On that note, it sure makes me wish for a Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider from Classic Battlestar Galactica! Modern too!

Ben_ToaofFire

Postby Ben_ToaofFire » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:39 pm

So many questions being fired off right now. Do you ever get tired of answering them(especially the repeats)?
Unity, Duty, Destiny

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Ben_ToaofFire wrote:So many questions being fired off right now. Do you ever get tired of answering them(especially the repeats)?

Not at all! I love answering peoples' questions! Although, some of the repeaters would do well to maybe read back through things to see if it's been covered already. :)

ImageImage

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Reis, I just want to thank you for taking the time to answer all of our constant questions, I imagine it must get tiring, so thanks for your continual input!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:20 am

commodorefunko wrote:Reis, I just want to thank you for taking the time to answer all of our constant questions, I imagine it must get tiring, so thanks for your continual input!

It's my pleasure!

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:22 am

Thank you for answering our questions and having patience with us!

Is there a way that Conan the Barbarian find it's way to the 9POA action figure line?

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 am

DARTHMARCO wrote:Thank you for answering our questions and having patience with us!

Is there a way that Conan the Barbarian find it's way to the 9POA action figure line?

We have other... plans... for Conan the Barbarian. ;)

ImageImage

DARTHMARCO

Postby DARTHMARCO » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:03 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
DARTHMARCO wrote:Thank you for answering our questions and having patience with us!

Thank you! This should be good.

PittGuy76

Postby PittGuy76 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Hello. I know this is a super long shot, but any chance at all of seeing any classic Dawn Of The Dead or other Romero zombie movie licenses? I realize there is probably not a huge market for them, but I also know a lot of people would love them.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:25 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

Hoping those other plans are in the same format as Son of Zorn! When will we find out? If these plans are for 80s MOTU/He-Man style figures what other licenses are under consideration?

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 pm

These types of figures aren't really my style but I do have to come in and say that it's amazing how vocal you are with all these fans, Reis. I've never seen a toy designer so open and happy to communicate with his customers. (Excluding the boss himself of course. lol)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Nice to hear the Stranger Things 9POA figures got the green light. I mean you didn't come out and confirm it but you got me pretty hyped! Really enjoyed you being on the podcast today. Keep it up Reis!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:54 pm

mrfiend wrote:Hi Reis,

Any chance we'll see any Comics based DC figures? Would love to see you guys do a New 52 Superman!

Anything is possible... ;)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm

PittGuy76 wrote:Hello. I know this is a super long shot, but any chance at all of seeing any classic Dawn Of The Dead or other Romero zombie movie licenses? I realize there is probably not a huge market for them, but I also know a lot of people would love them.

No plans for those, sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:56 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

Hoping those other plans are in the same format as Son of Zorn! When will we find out? If these plans are for 80s MOTU/He-Man style figures what other licenses are under consideration?

:-# ;-)

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:58 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:These types of figures aren't really my style but I do have to come in and say that it's amazing how vocal you are with all these fans, Reis. I've never seen a toy designer so open and happy to communicate with his customers. (Excluding the boss himself of course. lol)

Thanks for the kind words! I like talking with people and clearing up their questions. I think it keeps people excited and eases frustrations. Back before I was in the business and collecting toys, I always wished I had someone I could just throw questions at! lol :D

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:59 pm

popfanboy wrote:Nice to hear the Stranger Things 9POA figures got the green light. I mean you didn't come out and confirm it but you got me pretty hyped! Really enjoyed you being on the podcast today. Keep it up Reis!

I have no idea what you're talking about... ;)

ImageImage

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:00 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:
ReisOBrien wrote:

:-# ;-)

The waiting is going to kill me but fair enough that you can't comment! Lol Can you at least comment on if we will have to wait all the way until SDCC? ( or) Is it possible a little info could trickle out before that? Thanks Reis! \:D/

Sky Commander

Postby Sky Commander » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Will we be seeing a wave 2 for the Suicide Squad 9POAs? Ideally having the following come next

The Flash
El Diablo
Slipknot
Captain Boomerang
Rick Flagg
Incubus (Extra tall to match movie scale)

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:18 am

When The Conan figures are done will the different Conan figures be based solely on his look from Conan the Barbarian? The reason I ask this is because he had pants throughout most of the movie with the exception of the gladiator scene. Conan's more iconic look was better captured in Conan the Destroyer. Will the loincloth version be available also? Please say that in addition to Conan's Atlantean Sword we will also have his father's sword so we can ponder the riddle of steel! Thanks Reis!

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:51 am

Sky Commander wrote:Will we be seeing a wave 2 for the Suicide Squad 9POAs? Ideally having the following come next

The Flash
El Diablo
Slipknot
Captain Boomerang
Rick Flagg

No plans at the moment, sorry.

ImageImage

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 am

bgiles73 wrote:When The Conan figures are done will the different Conan figures be based solely on his look from Conan the Barbarian? The reason I ask this is because he had pants throughout most of the movie with the exception of the gladiator scene. Conan's more iconic look was better captured in Conan the Destroyer. Will the loincloth version be available also? Please say that in addition to Conan's Atlantean Sword we will also have his father's sword so we can ponder the riddle of steel! Thanks Reis!

Yes, based on Conan the Barbarian, and we're going to stay true to that movie. But that's not to say that if these are a success, we won't get around to doing Destroyer. And do you honestly think I'd let these figures get made without both iconic swords?! ;)

ImageImage

Sky Commander

Postby Sky Commander » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:34 am

ReisOBrien wrote:
Sky Commander wrote:Will we be seeing a wave 2 for the Suicide Squad 9POAs? Ideally having the following come next

The Flash
El Diablo
Slipknot
Captain Boomerang
Rick Flagg

No plans at the moment, sorry.

Well I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a major bummer but, thanks for answering.

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:18 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:When The Conan figures are done will the different Conan figures be based solely on his look from Conan the Barbarian? The reason I ask this is because he had pants throughout most of the movie with the exception of the gladiator scene. Conan's more iconic look was better captured in Conan the Destroyer. Will the loincloth version be available also? Please say that in addition to Conan's Atlantean Sword we will also have his father's sword so we can ponder the riddle of steel! Thanks Reis!

Yes, based on Conan the Barbarian, and we're going to stay true to that movie. But that's not to say that if these are a success, we won't get around to doing Destroyer. And do you honestly think I'd let these figures get made without both iconic swords?! ;)

You are the best Reis!

Return to “Action Figures”