Power Rangers Megazord Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
mohawkjones

Power Rangers Megazord Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:40 am

So if they are showing up in U.S. stores and the licensor has tweeted pictures but not announced yet by Funko, are we allowed to discuss here?

And judging by the store they were found in are they an exclusive?
Last edited by mohawkjones on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Re: Power Rangers Megaword Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Oh snap, there are at least 6 different color ways on eBay right now, all US based sellers. Anyone know what the word is on these?

2 versions are showing up in Walmarts, the one we officially know about for ECCC, at least 3 other ones on eBay...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 pm

People are going nuts for these! I posted a picture on IG and have been getting messages nonstop asking about them.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:People are going nuts for these! I posted a picture on IG and have been getting messages nonstop asking about them.

I heard about these a while back but never knew they were out...not a MMPR fan, but they look good

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am

These have been a pain to find. I'm only looking for either one of the battle damaged or one of the regular megazords which are limited to 1500 and it is near impossible. I have two Walmarts nearby showing 4 each for the past few days and I've been going in the morning and late at night to scope the pallets but no luck.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:46 am

Lol, Megaword lol

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Geescube wrote:Lol, Megaword lol

Grrr... darn spellcheck. ;)

Eloy

Re: Power Rangers Megazord Hikari

Postby Eloy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Saw both of regular and worn megazord today, not sure if I want them. I bought 3 hikaris but sold them, something about them I can't put my finger on it. They look good in pictures but in hand it's a different story.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Eloy wrote:Saw both of regular and worn megazord today, not sure if I want them. I bought 3 hikaris but sold them, something about them I can't put my finger on it. They look good in pictures but in hand it's a different story.

Where did you see them inside Walmart? The new Funko area of the toy department or elsewhere? I checked 2 Walmarts today that Brickseek says has 2 of each in-stock but no sign of them in the toy area and the last thing I was going to try was asking a stock person for help on a busy Saturday afternoon...

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:01 pm

I saw them in a random toy aisle right next to the bicycles. I just think they found a random spot and put them there. I read on Reddit and IG that most stores had them in the back and people asked for employees to go look.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:22 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Eloy wrote:Saw both of regular and worn megazord today, not sure if I want them. I bought 3 hikaris but sold them, something about them I can't put my finger on it. They look good in pictures but in hand it's a different story.

Where did you see them inside Walmart? The new Funko area of the toy department or elsewhere? I checked 2 Walmarts today that Brickseek says has 2 of each in-stock but no sign of them in the toy area and the last thing I was going to try was asking a stock person for help on a busy Saturday afternoon...

I saw them in the main action figure aisle. Both in the same aisle but different spots, both on the very top shelf, one above the wwe figures and the other above the power ranger section.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Eloy wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I saw them in the main action figure aisle. Both in the same aisle but different spots, both on the very top shelf, one above the wwe figures and the other above the power ranger section.

Thanks! I had a feeling they might be haphazardly thrown around the toy area. Will have to check back during a quieter time of the day...

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:39 pm

So after my post late last night after scoping their pallets out, I ended up going back today to my walmart that shows 4 on hand only to be told by the employee that they stocked them this morning and all 4 were swooped up by one guy. Guess I wasn't meant to find one :smt102

d3monicwolv3s

Postby d3monicwolv3s » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 am

mohawkjones wrote:

Mine had them on an endcap with the new movie toys.

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:40 am

Really dig these, hope to find them

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks all, looks like it will be a scavenger hunt for where to find these...

d3monicwolv3s

Postby d3monicwolv3s » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Went back today and bought the battle damaged one. First hikari purchase.

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:37 am

I'm waiting for Dragonzord :D while hunting for Megazord for my friend who is a diehard MMPR fan.
WTB: Luffy color proto

Lexaeus

Postby Lexaeus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Does anyone have the UPC on the regular or worn version? Trying to look it up on brickseek. I am dying to get one of these but I can't find them anywhere!
Image ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Lexaeus wrote:Does anyone have the UPC on the regular or worn version? Trying to look it up on brickseek. I am dying to get one of these but I can't find them anywhere!

Regular
SKU: 189958112
https://www.walmart.com/ip/189958112
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory- ... =189958112

Relic
SKU: 504473685
https://www.walmart.com/ip/504473685
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory- ... =504473685

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:49 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Lexaeus wrote:Does anyone have the UPC on the regular or worn version? Trying to look it up on brickseek. I am dying to get one of these but I can't find them anywhere!

Regular

Relic

Not that I'll be buying these but apparently my local store has two each.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Barryyyyy wrote:Not that I'll be buying these but apparently my local store has two each.

Claims the ones around me do as well but they are nowhere to be found on the sales floor...

kennysexypants

Postby kennysexypants » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Barryyyyy wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Regular

Relic

Not that I'll be buying these but apparently my local store has two each.

I am almost positive that both skus dump into one when they enter them at the store level. My local store showed 2 on hand for each. Bought the regular and battle damaged ones and now the relic sku shows 0.

Just figured I would give anyone else a heads up!

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:35 pm

kennysexypants wrote:
I am almost positive that both skus dump into one when they enter them at the store level. My local store showed 2 on hand for each. Bought the regular and battle damaged ones and now the relic sku shows 0.

Just figured I would give anyone else a heads up!

Good to know, thanks!
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Thurashen

Postby Thurashen » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:20 pm

This is my very first post on this site.

After finding this thread, I just had to make an account so I can post my experience about finding this Hikari.

One day, during lunch I walked into a Walmart in search of the Alpha 5 Pop!. As my eyes lingered up the shelves I was immediately drawn towards these Megazord figures.

"What is that!?" I said out loud. I quickly grabbed my phone and did some research on Funko's Hikari line.

I didn't even know these existed but I loved them. One price check and impulse buy later, I was down 100 bucks but up 2 Hikaris, the Classsic and Relic megazord.

Now, this motivated me over the weekend to try to hunt down the Nocturnal and Radiant variants. Armed with BrickSeek, I drove from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart, testing my relationship with lady luck, but I noticed something strange...

Every Wal-Mart I went to supposedly had 2 yet when I went to the pop! section, nothing. That's where I found the first 2.

I have since been to 4 different Wal-Mart's, all showing 2 in stock on BrickSeek, and the same thing happened at each one. I asked store associates and managers and they couldn't locate them in their stores even though their systems showed them it was in stock.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I am very grateful to have found a set of the Classic and Relic but I've never experienced this much confusion over an item at so many stores.

Have any of you experienced something similar? Is It just Brick Seek not updating correctly. When I checked the store I found mine on BrickSeek later that night, it correctly said "0".

Are people hiding these? Are employees taking them for themselves?

Lol, I'm going insane.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Thurashen wrote:This is my very first post on this site.

After finding this thread, I just had to make an account so I can post my experience about finding this Hikari.

One day, during lunch I walked into a Walmart in search of the Alpha 5 Pop!. As my eyes lingered up the shelves I was immediately drawn towards these Megazord figures.

"What is that!?" I said out loud. I quickly grabbed my phone and did some research on Funko's Hikari line.

I didn't even know these existed but I loved them. One price check and impulse buy later, I was down 100 bucks but up 2 Hikaris, the Classsic and Relic megazord.

Now, this motivated me over the weekend to try to hunt down the Nocturnal and Radiant variants. Armed with BrickSeek, I drove from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart, testing my relationship with lady luck, but I noticed something strange...

Every Wal-Mart I went to supposedly had 2 yet when I went to the pop! section, nothing. That's where I found the first 2.

I have since been to 4 different Wal-Mart's, all showing 2 in stock on BrickSeek, and the same thing happened at each one. I asked store associates and managers and they couldn't locate them in their stores even though their systems showed them it was in stock.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I am very grateful to have found a set of the Classic and Relic but I've never experienced this much confusion over an item at so many stores.

Have any of you experienced something similar? Is It just Brick Seek not updating correctly. When I checked the store I found mine on BrickSeek later that night, it correctly said "0".

Lol, I'm going insane.

Nope, this is my experience to the letter so far expect for actually finding any. 4 of the 5 Walmarts around be show 2 in stock, the 5th one (which of course is the closest one to me) is not showing up at all on Brickseek for these, none to be found anywhere in the store and the staff has not idea. So my quest continues...

I have the Brickseek info for Classic & Relic, have you since the UPC for the others?

Welcome aboard by the way!

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Lol, I'm going insane.

This is my exact experience as well except i'm familiar with Hikari even though I don't collect them. I've had 2 stores showing 4 on hand since last tuesday and tried both every single day only to get employees who are too lazy to go in back and look. Went out last night after one of the stores changed from 4 to 2 on brickseek only to be told the same thing for the billionth time and now today they show 0. They clearly found them at some point but refuse to when I ask. The other store still shows 4 but when I asked the toys manager the other day she hadn't seen them but gave me the SKU numbers for all 4 only for me to notice she had written down someone's phone number underneath. I asked her and she said that person was looking for them too and she was gonna call them when they were found. Came in the next evening and one of her toys employees told me they got found that morning and sold out. Its been 4 days since then and brickseek still shows 4 so I'm certain she has them hidden in back for whoever the guy is. My assumption is it is a flipper if she has all 4 stashed.

I told myself last night that I'm done hunting for these. I can buy one online for $80 and save myself the hassle but Hikari doesn't seem to have a great track record of holding value so I'll let the hype die down and pick one up at cost later when it drops. I will however go to my local Walmart searching for Alpha tonight and may take my case up to a store manager because I'm tired of being ignored by employees who clearly don't want to assist customers and make a sale. I bend over backwords for guests as a Target team member and the sheer amount of apathy towards their jobs and customers is mindblowing.

d3monicwolv3s

Postby d3monicwolv3s » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 am

Yikes. I guess I lucked out. I just randomly found it. I saw it was $50. Put it back and broke down the next day and decided to get it. Both were still sitting there (couldn't afford both) the regular one had a badly painted eye so I was going to look around for a better one. Might just go back and get it regardless if its still there next week after reading how unreliable brickseek and everyones experiences are.

Hopefully I am lucky with alpha and the pint sized heroes.

Anyone know where the other color variants are coming from? Walmart as well?

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:24 am

Sometimes the Funko hunting game is too weird. After swearing off specifically tracking down these Hikari last night I ended up going to my local store looking for Alpha for another funatic. Just browsing through pallets and lo and behold! Found a fresh case so bought the Battle Damage one for myself and the Nocturnal Blue for the same funatic I went out hunting Alpha for. Absolutely ridiculous.... ](*,)

Thurashen

Postby Thurashen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:12 am

Shinfo13 wrote:

Lol, I'm going insane.

This is my exact experience as well except i'm familiar with Hikari even though I don't collect them. I've had 2 stores showing 4 on hand since last tuesday and tried both every single day only to get employees who are too lazy to go in back and look. Went out last night after one of the stores changed from 4 to 2 on brickseek only to be told the same thing for the billionth time and now today they show 0. They clearly found them at some point but refuse to when I ask. The other store still shows 4 but when I asked the toys manager the other day she hadn't seen them but gave me the SKU numbers for all 4 only for me to notice she had written down someone's phone number underneath. I asked her and she said that person was looking for them too and she was gonna call them when they were found. Came in the next evening and one of her toys employees told me they got found that morning and sold out. Its been 4 days since then and brickseek still shows 4 so I'm certain she has them hidden in back for whoever the guy is. My assumption is it is a flipper if she has all 4 stashed.

I told myself last night that I'm done hunting for these. I can buy one online for $80 and save myself the hassle but Hikari doesn't seem to have a great track record of holding value so I'll let the hype die down and pick one up at cost later when it drops. I will however go to my local Walmart searching for Alpha tonight and may take my case up to a store manager because I'm tired of being ignored by employees who clearly don't want to assist customers and make a sale. I bend over backwords for guests as a Target team member and the sheer amount of apathy towards their jobs and customers is mindblowing.

I know how you feel.

This morning, before work I stopped by a Wal-Mart that used to have 2 but now has 1 and they still couldn't find it.

Something's up.

Thurashen

Postby Thurashen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:13 am

Shinfo13 wrote:Sometimes the Funko hunting game is too weird. After swearing off specifically tracking down these Hikari last night I ended up going to my local store looking for Alpha for another funatic. Just browsing through pallets and lo and behold! Found a fresh case so bought the Battle Damage one for myself and the Nocturnal Blue for the same funatic I went out hunting Alpha for. Absolutely ridiculous.... ](*,)

Congrats!

Yeah, I found the relic and classic when I wasn't even looking for them.

I guess that's how life is sometimes.

Thurashen

Postby Thurashen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:17 am

mohawkjones wrote:

Lol, I'm going insane.

Nope, this is my experience to the letter so far expect for actually finding any. 4 of the 5 Walmarts around be show 2 in stock, the 5th one (which of course is the closest one to me) is not showing up at all on Brickseek for these, none to be found anywhere in the store and the staff has not idea. So my quest continues...

I have the Brickseek info for Classic & Relic, have you since the UPC for the others?

Welcome aboard by the way!

Like someone posted before, whenu enter an SKU for one, it pools them altogether for all variants. So when you search for the Classic and then the battle damaged one, it's not like they have 2 of each, they only have 2 alltogether.

Its only until you get to the physical store you know which ones they actually have.

Thurashen

Postby Thurashen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:31 am

Lots of these on Ebay.

Bastids. Scalpers see "Power Rangers" and "Limited" and they go crazy.

I just hope fans find these. They look great on display.

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 am

I don't know what it is about this Hikari, but I've literally had zero interest in this line until now. I'm trying to avoid buying this, but if I do come across it in person, I might just cave.
Current Stats
Newest: Jolly Roger
First: Sharknado
Highest Valued (According to PPG & Covetly): Biggs Darklighter
Count: 1,018
Funko Collecting Since 2013
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... ZNXHBV3KB/

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:50 am

Finally some luck this morning! Hit one Walmart on my way to work & scored 2 Megazords, Relic & Nocturne, they do not disappoint in person.

Something crazy weird about buying a Hikari at Walmart, not something I ever imagined happening.

Now the hunt continues...

nanite

Postby nanite » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I hope this is the start of something nice for the Hikari line! All these Megazord colors look like a great introduction for newcomers!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

Thurashen

Postby Thurashen » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Finally some luck this morning! Hit one Walmart on my way to work & scored 2 Megazords, Relic & Nocturne, they do not disappoint in person.

Something crazy weird about buying a Hikari at Walmart, not something I ever imagined happening.

AWESOME!

Did you find them at one of the Wal-Mart's you tried already? Did you find them on the floor or did you have to ask someone for help?

Congrats!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Thurashen wrote:AWESOME!

Did you find them at one of the Wal-Mart's you tried already? Did you find them on the floor or did you have to ask someone for help?

Congrats!

Yup, one of the ones I already tried. On the floor, on the shelf right below the figure pegs in the MMPR section about 3 feet down from the Funko zone. Just those 2 as seen on Brickseek, no more. And the all dump into one SKU theory is accurate as I bought both and Brickseek show zero now for that store and Original was among the 2 "in-stock" this morning.

Tried 2 more Walmarts at lunch that said 2 in-stock, no sign of them to be found.

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:41 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Finally some luck this morning! Hit one Walmart on my way to work & scored 2 Megazords, Relic & Nocturne, they do not disappoint in person.

Right high end Funko at a traditional best value low price box store :-k

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Is the ECCC one the only non shared one this year?
Gene

Return to “Hikari”