Your Display The Hikari Way!

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Your Display The Hikari Way!

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:50 pm

KMFH11 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
KMFH11 wrote:Your Disney mountain looks wonderful Josh!

Thanks pal!! I didn't realize how many I had until then, & with all the new additions since then.....in the box they will all have to stay until better displaying option become available lol

I can't wait to see them unboxed on a shelf!

Haha, as I mentioned to Shawn earlier today....

I live vicariously out of the Hikari box through him, so I don't have to take mine out for now lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

GOLGO 13

Postby GOLGO 13 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 am

xmaldigolax wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Out but not fully organized yet. Nice to have a 4th tower to space out the display (and who am I kidding, to buy a few more)...

always killing it!!

Nice display. Thanks for not craming every single inch with plastic. Nice to actually see what's on the shelf. Less really is more.

nanite

Postby nanite » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:42 pm

I missed that one. Fantastic display!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:57 am

mohawkjones wrote:Unpacking and shelf set up finally underway after the move. A little preview of the expanded Hikari display, still have some organizing to do but they are all breathing out of their boxes again...

Shelving up...

Out but not fully organized yet. Nice to have a 4th tower to space out the display (and who am I kidding, to buy a few more)...

Beautiful setup =D> =D> Very neat and well presented :D

and to think it started with a simple Avengers Bluray lol
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 am

POPHawk wrote:Beautiful setup =D> =D> Very neat and well presented :D

GOLGO 13 wrote:Nice display. Thanks for not craming every single inch with plastic. Nice to actually see what's on the shelf. Less really is more.

Thanks guys. That's a bit of a dated picture from tight after we moved. Here's the more updated-ish shot, I already expanded the Hikari area to a 5th tower since then. I want to move the rest of the graphic novels in the near future to expand over one more shelf unit.

Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:38 am

Wow Shawn that looks fabulous! If you don't mind my asking, what are some of your favorites? Or some that you would recommend people consider adding to their own collections? I ask because I'm looking to pick up one or two more.
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:13 am

Yeah that's amazing =D> =D>

Not a single photo has ever made me interested in owning Hikari's....until now lol the Turtles, Wampa and Stitch look great :cheers: :bounce:
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Always love your display Shawn!! Always looks new and fabulous to me regardless of whether it's reorganized or not ;-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

nanite

Postby nanite » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
POPHawk wrote:Beautiful setup =D> =D> Very neat and well presented :D

GOLGO 13 wrote:Nice display. Thanks for not craming every single inch with plastic. Nice to actually see what's on the shelf. Less really is more.

Thanks guys. That's a bit of a dated picture from tight after we moved. Here's the more updated-ish shot, I already expanded the Hikari area to a 5th tower since then. I want to move the rest of the graphic novels in the near future to expand over one more shelf unit.

Fantastic! Great display, and a well-rounded collection! Love the tikis!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:Wow Shawn that looks fabulous! If you don't mind my asking, what are some of your favorites? Or some that you would recommend people consider adding to their own collections? I ask because I'm looking to pick up one or two more.

Well I am always partial to Iron Man of course and luckily he is a fantastic Hikari.

Really hard to narrow down to just a few... some of my favorites are Hologram Vader (the original version), Starfield Vader (both look great in a spotlight), Ice Wampa, Prism Boba Fett, Stitch (particularly the Glow-in-the_dark) & Kaiju Godzilla.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:Wow Shawn that looks fabulous! If you don't mind my asking, what are some of your favorites? Or some that you would recommend people consider adding to their own collections? I ask because I'm looking to pick up one or two more.

Well I am always partial to Iron Man of course and luckily he is a fantastic Hikari.

Really hard to narrow down to just a few... some of my favorites are Hologram Vader (the original version), Starfield Vader (both look great in a spotlight), Ice Wampa, Prism Boba Fett, Stitch (particularly the Glow-in-the_dark) & Kaiju Godzilla.

Yeah picking favorites is always hard. Thank you very much!
Higher, Further, Faster

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Shawn that is too good!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:15 am

All of these displays look great! They make me want start and collect them. I don't have the space though :(

Instagram: whatthefunk206

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 pm

So... now I have managed to overflow into 2 more Billy towers. Need to either run some LED's or order more puck lights soon...

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 pm

mohawkjones wrote:So... now I have managed to overflow into 2 more Billy towers. Need to either run some LED's or order more puck lights soon...

That lonely, sad Predator.. I think you need more! lol
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:That lonely, sad Predator.. I think you need more! lol

Hmmm... I have been eyeing up and debating between Masked, Bloody Stealth and Inferno for some time now...

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:That lonely, sad Predator.. I think you need more! lol

Hmmm... I have been eyeing up and debating between Masked, Bloody Stealth and Inferno for some time now...

Bloody Stealthed is probably my favorite! Thermal is good too, both classic predator looks.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Vetinari

Postby Vetinari » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Most of my little group are doing duty as desk-buddies at the moment - the other three are residing in their boxes whilst I try and find a more permanent solution!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:47 am

Looks awesome Shawn!! Magnificent display!

Vetinari wrote:Image

Most of my little group are doing duty as desk-buddies at the moment - the other three are residing in their boxes whilst I try and find a more permanent solution!

Very cool Iron Man's!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Vetinari

Postby Vetinari » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks! My small group of Hikari isn't anywhere near as awesome as most people's around here but I still need to put up a shelf for them so they can be seen in all of their slightly squishy stylised glory... All eight of them... :blush: Problem is they're competing with both my ridiculous book horde and the 1/6 scale collection for rather limited shelf space at the moment.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Vetinari wrote:Thanks! My small group of Hikari isn't anywhere near as awesome as most people's around here but I still need to put up a shelf for them so they can be seen in all of their slightly squishy stylised glory... All eight of them... :blush: Problem is they're competing with both my ridiculous book horde and the 1/6 scale collection for rather limited shelf space at the moment.

Just do what I did and ditch the 1/6 scale collection. ;)

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Got a nice collection goin there Veti! Hopefully they'll all be re-united soon lol
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Vetinari

Postby Vetinari » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Haha! No way - I'm far too enamoured of owning tiny hyper-realistic things in mini, the 1/6 guys are at one of the two extremes that my collecting/customising hobby takes - the realistic end (vs the stylised/cute end that the Funko guys fall under). Having said that my favourite piece that I currently own from that end of the hobby is actually in 1/4 scale... But that's a different matter, there's too much stuff available in/for 1/6 for me to ever give them up. At the moment even Funko with all of their licenses can't quite match the crossover display options you can get in 1/6 scale.

Thanks! :-" yeah I eyed up the individual shelf/brackets at Ikea the other day. I think I've got a handy blank patch of wall... somewhere :blush:

Necro-Edit:
This week's desk-buddy out of her box...

"March my minions march!"

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 pm

ShoMeNodder wrote:So with all the new Sheriffs, i had to do some re-arranging...slowly taking over my sideshow display

And these are the regular hikari 25290

Hi Carol;

What a wonderful display. Don't know if you remember, but you helped me when I was first getting started and couldn't figure out how to really get started on the Funatic Forum. Thanks for all the help.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:54 am

mohawkjones wrote:So... now I have managed to overflow into 2 more Billy towers. Need to either run some LED's or order more puck lights soon...

WOW, that is AMAZING!! You clearly put a lot of thought into arranging them in a very pleasing manner. Great spacing, easy to see them all and it doesn't look cluttered. I particularly love how you've got the mini Darth Vaders displayed on those short shelves, helps to break up the larger pattern. Hopefully you can do the same for the Greedos once you get them! And the Choppers? Very, very nicely done, thanks for sharing!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:58 am

Vetinari wrote:Haha! No way - I'm far too enamoured of owning tiny hyper-realistic things in mini, the 1/6 guys are at one of the two extremes that my collecting/customising hobby takes - the realistic end (vs the stylised/cute end that the Funko guys fall under). Having said that my favourite piece that I currently own from that end of the hobby is actually in 1/4 scale... But that's a different matter, there's too much stuff available in/for 1/6 for me to ever give them up. At the moment even Funko with all of their licenses can't quite match the crossover display options you can get in 1/6 scale.

Thanks! :-" yeah I eyed up the individual shelf/brackets at Ikea the other day. I think I've got a handy blank patch of wall... somewhere :blush:

Necro-Edit:

Nice Hikari!. Where did you get the Adipose??
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 am

Vetinari wrote:Haha! No way - I'm far too enamoured of owning tiny hyper-realistic things in mini, the 1/6 guys are at one of the two extremes that my collecting/customising hobby takes - the realistic end (vs the stylised/cute end that the Funko guys fall under). Having said that my favourite piece that I currently own from that end of the hobby is actually in 1/4 scale... But that's a different matter, there's too much stuff available in/for 1/6 for me to ever give them up. At the moment even Funko with all of their licenses can't quite match the crossover display options you can get in 1/6 scale.

Necro-Edit:

Congratulations on the wicked Malificent desk buddy!! Her little adipose minions accent her well lol

sdcccrasher wrote:
ShoMeNodder wrote:
Spoiler: show
So with all the new Sheriffs, i had to do some re-arranging...slowly taking over my sideshow display

Hi Carol;

What a wonderful display. Don't know if you remember, but you helped me when I was first getting started and couldn't figure out how to really get started on the Funatic Forum. Thanks for all the help.

She has way, way more now.. She has every Hikari made so that has to be nearing 300 if not more lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:11 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:She has way, way more now.. She has every Hikari made so that has to be nearing 300 if not more lol

That may even be lowballing her at this point! lol

I only (ha, "only") have 119 Hikari and I've skipped a bunch and I still have a want list, plus she has most of the ultra LE ones from Fundays and other events. I would love to know what her actual count is these days!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:33 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:She has way, way more now.. She has every Hikari made so that has to be nearing 300 if not more lol

That may even be lowballing her at this point! lol

I only (ha, "only") have 119 Hikari and I've skipped a bunch and I still have a want list, plus she has most of the ultra LE ones from Fundays and other events. I would love to know what her actual count is these days!

I know the last pic I saw was like floor to ceiling x3 deep :eek: It's crazy...and you know the new Huckleberry Hound Hikari is going to be added along with all colorways lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:57 pm

treswright wrote:

WOW, that is AMAZING!! You clearly put a lot of thought into arranging them in a very pleasing manner. Great spacing, easy to see them all and it doesn't look cluttered. I particularly love how you've got the mini Darth Vaders displayed on those short shelves, helps to break up the larger pattern. Hopefully you can do the same for the Greedos once you get them! And the Choppers? Very, very nicely done, thanks for sharing!

Thanks! It's not quite one of your dioramas but I like it. ;) I've always been a big fan of displaying my collection so it can be seen and the Hikari look so much better with some space & light around them.

Now that Hikari Minis are a thing I'm going to have to make a trip to IKEA soon for another CD/DVD tower for the little guys.

Vetinari

Postby Vetinari » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

willy wonka wrote:Nice Hikari!. Where did you get the Adipose??

Thanks! The adipose are a mixture of the old Character Options toy range (the teeny ones at the front), and the newer Big Chief expansion packs for their 1/6 scale Doctor Who range.

thejosh2010 wrote:Congratulations on the wicked Malificent desk buddy!! Her little adipose minions accent her well lol

Thanks! I thought they made for an appropriate display given her pose lol

Obi Fun Kenobi

Postby Obi Fun Kenobi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 am

These are some truly beautiful displays. I've never paid too much attention to these until I got some minis in the subscription box for Star Wars. Now I'm like hmm...
-- Robert

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sun May 07, 2017 2:34 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:
ShoMeNodder wrote:So with all the new Sheriffs, i had to do some re-arranging...slowly taking over my sideshow display

damn !! 2 batman lava !!

Great Display !!!!

AMAZING !!!!!

Sugoi o.o
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:30 am

Amazing displays everyone! Wow! they really look amazing!

CaselxASD

Postby CaselxASD » Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 am

popmad2016 wrote:Amazing displays everyone! Wow! they really look amazing!

Really, great displays everyone!

The more I look at these displays the harder the urge is to pick up a Hikari or two...or three.... :eek:
Hai! I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those Average Nerds.

profb

Postby profb » Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 pm

mohawkjones wrote:Unpacking and shelf set up finally underway after the move. A little preview of the expanded Hikari display, still have some organizing to do but they are all breathing out of their boxes again...

Shelving up...

Sorry to resurrect the dead but WOW =D>

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:36 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
tlaloc666 wrote:

damn !! 2 batman lava !!

Great Display !!!!

AMAZING !!!!!

Sugoi o.o

This is the most recent picture I've seen of Carol's Hikari collection...3 and 4 rows deep at certain areas :happy2:

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:23 pm

I love seeing pics of this collection. Do you have an recent pics with new additions or lights added?
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed May 24, 2017 6:42 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:I love seeing pics of this collection. Do you have an recent pics with new additions or lights added?

Thanks! Not yet. My spring grad school semester ends Saturday & it's been a brutal one, not much time for anything else. Have some ideas to re-do the lighting once semester is over, I have some free time again and can make a trip to IKEA...

clashcityrocker33

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:46 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:I love seeing pics of this collection. Do you have an recent pics with new additions or lights added?

Thanks! Not yet. My spring grad school semester ends Saturday & it's been a brutal one, not much time for anything else. Have some ideas to re-do the lighting once semester is over, I have some free time again and can make a trip to IKEA...

Don't work too hard. Remember, "C's get degrees."
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

Return to “Hikari”