New Star Wars Galactic Plushies

Funko has gone soft on us! Soft as in plush toys that is, so grab a comfy toy or two and come talk to us about them. Plushes, Fabrikations, and Mopeez, oh my!
treswright

Re: New Star Wars Galactic Plushies

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:28 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I'm heading to Target this morning for Groot and hope to see the Bantha there but I probably can't buy it.

Wasn't out in eitber store I went to. I had the 2nd store check the DCPI and they said they're still in the back. One of the guys is looking for them now.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 pm

treswright wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I'm heading to Target this morning for Groot and hope to see the Bantha there but I probably can't buy it.

Wasn't out in eitber store I went to. I had the 2nd store check the DCPI and they said they're still in the back. One of the guys is looking for them now.

Let us know if they will sell...I'm thinking of heading out on lunch to check here (Brickseek shows they have them available) but if they have a sales restriction until a certain date, then I won't bother, because I know how firm Target is on those....hehe
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:46 pm

eljefe81 wrote:Let us know if they will sell...I'm thinking of heading out on lunch to check here (Brickseek shows they have them available) but if they have a sales restriction until a certain date, then I won't bother, because I know how firm Target is on those....hehe

Yes they did!! But get this, they brought it out from the back just like you see in the pic below. No box/tray. The guy handed it to me and I was like "ummmm, is there a tag?" He was like "oh, let me follow you over so I can give her the code for it." He gave her the number and she rang it up no problem. It has the plastic ties on its feet that held it into the tray, so I'm not sure what happened with that. It's very cute, very fuzzy and bigger than I expected!

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Sweet! I will now be motivated to visit Target at lunch :) Thanks!

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:10 pm

eljefe81 wrote:Sweet! I will now be motivated to visit Target at lunch :) Thanks!

No problem, good luck! I'm sure you saw the DPCI earlier in the thread but just in case you didn't or someone else reading this needs it, it's 087-06-4452.

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:04 pm

treswright wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:Let us know if they will sell...I'm thinking of heading out on lunch to check here (Brickseek shows they have them available) but if they have a sales restriction until a certain date, then I won't bother, because I know how firm Target is on those....hehe

Yes they did!! But get this, they brought it out from the back just like you see in the pic below. No box/tray. The guy handed it to me and I was like "ummmm, is there a tag?" He was like "oh, let me follow you over so I can give her the code for it." He gave her the number and she rang it up no problem. It has the plastic ties on its feet that held it into the tray, so I'm not sure what happened with that. It's very cute, very fuzzy and bigger than I expected!

looks cool..was debating to get it or not...but i should have
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

TWITTER : bryansato

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:20 pm

It looks so good! Never went to Target cause they sold my Groot. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Picked him up. Sounds like the date for it to go out on the shelves is later this week, but he's in the system and they can grab him from the back. Like Tres said, it's bigger than you'd expect, like almost 2 feet long by 1 foot tall-ish. Each one comes in it's own shipping box. Mine had the tray with it. I was a little hesitant with the $30 price tag on it going in, but it's definitely worth it.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:30 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:It looks so good! Never went to Target cause they sold my Groot. :evil: :evil: :evil:

WHAT??? A small tarnish on Target's otherwise perfect record lol

eljefe81 wrote:Picked him up. Sounds like the date for it to go out on the shelves is later this week, but he's in the system and they can grab him from the back. Like Tres said, it's bigger than you'd expect, like almost 2 feet long by 1 foot tall-ish. Each one comes in it's own shipping box. Mine had the tray with it. I was a little hesitant with the $30 price tag on it going in, but it's definitely worth it.

He's cool, isn't he? He looked even bigger once I got him home haha! I don't know what to do with him, he's on my mantle for now. I put the Wampa next to him and wow, the Wampa is about the size of the sand dude on his back.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Yeah! I was really expecting it to be like Boba Fett plushy on top of Wampa plushy size. So much more. Might have exaggerated with the 2 x 1. It's 12 inches long by about 12 inches high and 8 inches deep. Still, pretty good size.The wampa is about 7 inches tall, by comparison

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:00 pm

eljefe81 wrote:Might have exaggerated with the 2 x 1. It's 12 inches long by about 12 inches high and 8 inches deep.

Yeah that 12" dimension doesn't sound like much, he just looks huge in person!

Also I forgot to mention the Raider is attached to the Bantha with those plastic zip cord thingies on each hand (you can see one in the picture) and his butt, you can cut them off and remove him but he probably won't perch on the Bantha very well if you do.

I hope they make more fuzzy plushies in the future, this and the Wampa are both so darned cool. I think Chewbacca is fuzzy too (don't have him), are there any others?

EDIT- looks like the Ewok is too. I my have to collect fuzzy plushies :D

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 pm

oh man.. i was just joking about unstuffing that and using it as a costume for my tiny dog but if it's as large as you say.... no.. i don't think i could destroy it just to make a costume.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:38 am

I definitely want to collect some of these. The "human" characters look a little weird to me but the others are really cool! Even if I never own any others I will not stop until I own Jabba.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 pm

saw two at my store..and pick one up..very happy to grab the jabba
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

TWITTER : bryansato

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 pm

My Jabba should be here tomorrow..... I keep going back and forth on getting the Bantha, I love how furry and adorable he is but I don't really need to be getting into plushies on top of everything else.
Kristen

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Im very tempted to get these!
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 am

Got my Jabba and S. Crumb! They are awesome and the box has a Galactic Convention sticker! jabba is basically a pillow with a tongue stickin out. I woke up and unboxed them...and couldn't help but chuckle out loud to myself, lol
Interestingly, they were inside a plastic bag but not tied down to the box at all.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:08 pm

jinxykat wrote:My Jabba should be here tomorrow..... I keep going back and forth on getting the Bantha, I love how furry and adorable he is but I don't really need to be getting into plushies on top of everything else.

Just do it! I got Jabba and Salacious Crumb in the mail today...cool, but not Tusken Raider/Bantha cool!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Megacam wrote:Got my Jabba and S. Crumb! They are awesome and the box has a Galactic Convention sticker! jabba is basically a pillow with a tongue stickin out. I woke up and unboxed them...and couldn't help but chuckle out loud to myself, lol
Interestingly, they were inside a plastic bag but not tied down to the box at all.

Image That was my favorite SWC exclusive! And this pic solidifies that! I need to order this ASAP!

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:04 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Megacam wrote:Got my Jabba and S. Crumb! They are awesome and the box has a Galactic Convention sticker! jabba is basically a pillow with a tongue stickin out. I woke up and unboxed them...and couldn't help but chuckle out loud to myself, lol

Image That was my favorite SWC exclusive! And this pic solidifies that! I need to order this ASAP!

Mine is being shipped right now. I can't wait to pick it up. This plush set also gives me the chuckles.
ImageImage
ImageImage

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:05 pm

I saw someone has the sarlacc plush, but that looks a bit much for me. haha I like Jabba.
ImageImage
ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 am

They do look pretty amusing :-) Thanks for the pic! I'm trying not to go too far down the rabbit hole on these plushies, but those do look cool....

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:47 am

Well this is a great deal......whole set for $16

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-Galactic-P ... c+plushies

EDIT: Just kidding, I just bought one set at $16 and now that price is gone :mad:

Nick IG: collector.badger

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:55 am

CollectorBadger wrote:Well this is a great deal......whole set for $16

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-Galactic-P ... c+plushies

EDIT: Just kidding, I just bought one set at $16 and now that price is gone :mad:

Back in stock at $15.97 :freddy2:

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Just saw over on reddit that someone received a slave leia in their jabba/salacious two pack from amazon. Has anyone else heard of this?

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm

That was me on reddit.

Here is the image in case anyone wanted to see it. Will get some better pictures tonight when I get home, I didn't realize it came with the extra plush until I was on amazon this morning at work and saw it with no Leia and got curious.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Wow. How weird that Leia was just tossed in there. I'll be honest when I order it I really don't care if I get Leia or not. I literally just want all the Jabba things. lol

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Funko customer support (Twitter) seems to think it was from a preproduction run. I didn't notice until last night the box was for an actual 3 pack and wasn't the normal box with a Leia plush thrown in.

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:56 pm

mackzilla wrote:Funko customer support (Twitter) seems to think it was from a preproduction run. I didn't notice until last night the box was for an actual 3 pack and wasn't the normal box with a Leia plush thrown in.

That's very cool, you have something special there \:D/

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:51 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:
mackzilla wrote:Funko customer support (Twitter) seems to think it was from a preproduction run. I didn't notice until last night the box was for an actual 3 pack and wasn't the normal box with a Leia plush thrown in.

That's very cool, you have something special there \:D/

I agree! Wonder how many of these there are out there?

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Super cool score, congrats and thanks for sharing the photos!!

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 am

There's suppose to be another plush set at Gamestop for May the Fourth.
ImageImage
ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:08 am

SuMo wrote:There's suppose to be another plush set at Gamestop for May the Fourth.

Do we know what yet???? I'd love to see if they could make anything that could top Jabba!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 am

That is pretty awesome, Congrats! Now you have a super special set. :cheers:
Hi, I'm Merri!

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:41 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
SuMo wrote:There's suppose to be another plush set at Gamestop for May the Fourth.

Do we know what yet???? I'd love to see if they could make anything that could top Jabba!

I got this link from the post on Eye On The Web on the forum
http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/to ... top/141847

What do you think?
ImageImage
ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:31 am

SuMo wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

What do you think?

Oh okay. I actually was already aware of that. lol lol I do love that big Wampa though. It's not better than Jabba but it's cool.

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:34 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
SuMo wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Do we know what yet???? I'd love to see if they could make anything that could top Jabba!

What do you think?

Oh okay. I actually was already aware of that. lol lol I do love that big Wampa though. It's not better than Jabba but it's cool.

Yes, I am debating this one only because I believe we already got a Wampa from the smuggler's bounty box. I also do like that Jabba and crazy Salacious Crumb set!
ImageImage
ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 am

Got my Jabba set yesterday, wow Jabba is big! he's almost as big as the Bantha. He looks better in person than in pics. Very nicely made. Salacious too, although he's way bigger than he should be relative to Jabba and the other plushies.

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm

I think those 2 are the best Plushies so far. But thats also because I'm bias towards Star Wars, lol!
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG: @jacethecollector

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:First Jabba now this???????????? It's like they're reading my GD mind!! If anyone finds this at their Target PLEASE PM me!

You're so lucky. I can't find any of those.
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG: @jacethecollector

Return to “Plush”