New Lord of the Rings Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JohnnyPOP

Re: New Lord of the Rings Pops

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:31 pm

I went looking for the UPC on the GITD Balrog today and I couldn't find it in my system again. Which could be due to any number of things so I'll try to keep an eye on this and hopefully we get some kind of announcement or something for it.

NyxCrawler

Postby NyxCrawler » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 pm

My guess is the two pack is going to be shared with Hot Topic. I need Aragorn in my life though!!! lol.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Soooo....Twilight Ringwraith is popping up at GS stores and it's on Gemini....is this a common version that doesn't glow? Was HT first to market and decide not to tell anyone???
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

DCTVfanatic

Postby DCTVfanatic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Got Gandalf the other day at a BAM and just now got the B/N exclusive invisible Frodo off of eBay. Probably want to add the Balrog at some point.
Total Pop Count-43
First Pop- CW Deathstroke
Latest Pop- Iron Man Mark One
Favorite Pop- Arkham Knight
Most Wanted- Blue Lantern Flash

You can view my collection here http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... U9IHK4K87/

tugzy23

Postby tugzy23 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:37 am

Can't wait to add more to my collection!!
:freddy2:

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:13 am

Just saw my first chase in the wild at Game of all places! Never thought to see anything interesting in one of their stores.

But...............I let it lie for two reasons:

Im not really into the Lord of the Rings line (apart from the Ringwraith & Balrog, which Game also had!)

and secondly, the box was.........not in a good condition.

It was nice to see one in the wild in a completely unexpected place

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:42 am

BattleExile wrote:Just saw my first chase in the wild at Game of all places! Never thought to see anything interesting in one of their stores.

Im not really into the Lord of the Rings line (apart from the Ringwraith & Balrog, which Game also had!)

You could have just replaced the box with the common one and switched the sticker. I would have grabbed it anyway as I know their are people on here who want that one!.

But congrats on the find!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 pm

BattleExile wrote:Just saw my first chase in the wild at Game of all places! Never thought to see anything interesting in one of their stores.

Wow. So wonder who it was that messed up the box. If intentionally, thats a pretty mean thing to do to mess up the chase box like that.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:38 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:Wow. So wonder who it was that messed up the box. If intentionally, thats a pretty mean thing to do to mess up the chase box like that.

Some of the other boxes for the normal ones were a bit knackered as well so I think it was a bad packing job

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:43 pm

What store is game? GameStop?

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:02 am

Rgncajun wrote:What store is game? GameStop?

Its the UK equivalent of gamestop/Electronics Boutique. Mostly Console games with bits and pieces of collectables. Usually completely useless and massively overpriced but pretty much the only high street option for us in the UK.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:16 pm

I had a great weekend hunting for these Pops. Frodo and Sam are now sitting on my table with Saruman coming from Amazon tomorrow. I'm hoping we get a second wave announced at SDCC as I need the other hobbits

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:17 pm

BattleExile wrote:

Its the UK equivalent of gamestop/Electronics Boutique. Mostly Console games with bits and pieces of collectables. Usually completely useless and massively overpriced but pretty much the only high street option for us in the UK.

Do you live near a Grainger Games? They're better priced than Game and have a good selection, or at least the ones around me do.

Hi, I'm Fran.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:15 pm

BrienneTheBlue wrote:I'm hoping we get a second wave announced at SDCC as I need the other hobbits

There won't be anything announced by Funko at SDCC, they're just there as a vendor, but I could see them announcing more via their blog sometime after. It's only at the UK and US Toy Fairs in the late winter time when they announce stuff at a convention.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:38 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:
BrienneTheBlue wrote:I'm hoping we get a second wave announced at SDCC as I need the other hobbits

There won't be anything announced by Funko at SDCC, they're just there as a vendor, but I could see them announcing more via their blog sometime after. It's only at the UK and US Toy Fairs in the late winter time when they announce stuff at a convention.

Thanks for letting me know. I couldn't remember exactly what happened last year :)

Hi, I'm Fran.

JuzUK79

Postby JuzUK79 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:28 am

Wow! I'm off out tomorrow morning to check my local game & grainger games. Need that chase Frodo real bad!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm not really in LOTR as much as I am other series. But they look cool!
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:58 pm

BrienneTheBlue wrote:
BattleExile wrote:

Do you live near a Grainger Games? They're better priced than Game and have a good selection, or at least the ones around me do.

Na, im down south so none of them are anywhere near me unfortunately

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Is it just my barns and nobles or do most of the invisible frodos come with some pretty messed up boxes? Iv been to two different B&N to pick up some frodos for people and no mint boxes, just ones that aren't as bad as the others
- tauntaunking on instagram

Tryzdyrn

Postby Tryzdyrn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Need a Lurtz Pop so much!
Nick

Pops : 312 and 8 rides.
Collecting since : April 2015.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:11 pm

opopssum wrote:Is it just my barns and nobles or do most of the invisible frodos come with some pretty messed up boxes? Iv been to two different B&N to pick up some frodos for people and no mint boxes, just ones that aren't as bad as the others

BN shipping from the warehouses is really hit and miss. The original shipments were probably fine as they came all together but further shipments stand the chance of being tossed in with other books and items, meaning they'll be received kind of squashed sometimes. I'm not sure why they don't put a focus on stuff like this but then again, I've never worked in a warehouse environment either so I can't say what the conditions are.

Anyway! Hopefully you can find some that are in better condition.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:25 pm

opopssum wrote:Is it just my barns and nobles or do most of the invisible frodos come with some pretty messed up boxes? Iv been to two different B&N to pick up some frodos for people and no mint boxes, just ones that aren't as bad as the others

not just you...they have been at best atrocious for this specific pop. I web ordered and the ones they sent were bad. I'm not that picky, but these things all looked kicked. I also viewed some at multiple stores, and the boxes all looked mangled. Don't know what the deal is with this one.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 pm

both stores iv been too, they are all just pretty bad, one I got for my mom and she doesn't care about boxes, one was for a fourm member and they seem happy with it and one i picked up for another forum member and jury is still out, I grabbed the best of the bunch but even it has a smug and a ding. Now they Barns is caring alot more collectible items i would think they would want to take more care the items get to stores in decent shape, if its within their power.

Looking at other pops on the shelves, some had some whare but for the most part they were fine, I think the frodos might of just come by way of morador

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:04 pm

opopssum wrote:both stores iv been too, they are all just pretty bad, one I got for my mom and she doesn't care about boxes, one was for a fourm member and they seem happy with it and one i picked up for another forum member and jury is still out, I grabbed the best of the bunch but even it has a smug and a ding. Now they Barns is caring alot more collectible items i would think they would want to take more care the items get to stores in decent shape, if its within their power.

Looking at other pops on the shelves, some had some whare but for the most part they were fine, I think the frodos might of just come by way of morador

haha yeah, never an easy escape from Mordor.

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Did anyone else preorder the set of these with the chase from Ferrara Market? I did and I have yet to receive a shipping notice. I've heard they take a little longer, but they also have not responded to email or been available to take a call inquiring about an ETA on shipping for the set. If anyone did preorder, have you received any update or a shipping notice yet?
Hi there! I'm Jared! Team Bacon 4 Life!!!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:48 pm

dedboy wrote:Did anyone else preorder the set of these with the chase from Ferrara Market? I did and I have yet to receive a shipping notice. I've heard they take a little longer, but they also have not responded to email or been available to take a call inquiring about an ETA on shipping for the set. If anyone did preorder, have you received any update or a shipping notice yet?

I know it's not unusual for them to take a few months to ship I haven't heard of anyone not receiving their items it just is a bit of a wait, I have a set from a few months ago I'm waiting on too.

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm

opopssum wrote:
dedboy wrote:Did anyone else preorder the set of these with the chase from Ferrara Market? I did and I have yet to receive a shipping notice. I've heard they take a little longer, but they also have not responded to email or been available to take a call inquiring about an ETA on shipping for the set. If anyone did preorder, have you received any update or a shipping notice yet?

I know it's not unusual for them to take a few months to ship I haven't heard of anyone not receiving their items it just is a bit of a wait, I have a set from a few months ago I'm waiting on too.

Thanks!!! :)

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:41 pm

They're warehouse does a pretty horrible job of shipping items! I've honestly had to get replacements twice on two different orders and they still weren't great conditioned boxes

DCTVfanatic

Postby DCTVfanatic » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Rgncajun wrote:

They're warehouse does a pretty horrible job of shipping items! I've honestly had to get replacements twice on two different orders and they still weren't great conditioned boxes

So for someone like me who collects out of box, B&N wouldn't be a terrible place to look bc maybe people will pass on ones bc of bad boxes?
Total Pop Count-43
First Pop- CW Deathstroke
Latest Pop- Iron Man Mark One
Favorite Pop- Arkham Knight
Most Wanted- Blue Lantern Flash

You can view my collection here http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... U9IHK4K87/

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 pm

It might be B&N shipping but its the workers too. They take empty brown boxes and toss a bunch of merchandise in it to bring out onto the floor. It's how everything is when I go to mine. I actually took my Frodo out of one of the boxes in the aisle cause nobody was working on them. The first box I took out was messed up, the other wasn't as bad but laying under stuff.
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:17 pm

opopssum wrote:

Like dripping molasses in January. I have the '66 Batman and Pirates Chase bundles on preorder. I've no idea how long until they come. Ordered Daffy, Bugs and Elmer Fudd Dorbz (commons) from them too. Still waiting on Daffy. Just about everything I've preordered I've seen on shelves, and for less than I paid. Very disheartening. They did respond to my FB message inquiry, but does not make the waiting game any better.

On the other hand Ent Earth did fulfill the whole LotR set, albeit in 3 installments, but still. In hand and in fine condition. Also, my invisible Frodo was ordered online and the box was fine. Luck of the draw I guess.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 pm

My local B&N only had one invisible Frodo, but it was in perfect shape, so there are some good ones out there.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:33 am

My BN had a few Invisible Frodos that were in great shape. I picked up a couple extras if anyone is still looking for him.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

michael

Postby michael » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:07 pm

I pre-ordered the LOTR bundle from them because all my ordering experiences (although few) have been super positive w/Ferrara Market. It seems like pre-ordering from any online retailer is like this, but FM does have a bundle update page: https://ferraramarketinc.com/blogs/update-on-bundles.

My Sauron, Invisible Frodo adn Twilight Ringwraith would be x2 as amazing w/the rest of the set OOB on a shelf, and it's been tough seeing the likes of Frodo and Gandalf randomly in stores since I am a Hobbit + LOTR fan. Hoping to receive the set and grab the SDCC exclusive soon.

North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:27 pm

I can't wait to have that Ringwraith in my life soon. :cheers:

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:19 pm

thanks for that link to the ferrara market bundle blog michael...I wondered why they never responded to my last email. :-k

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Oh man I wish I got Sauron when I had the chance.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:21 pm

michael wrote:

I pre-ordered the LOTR bundle from them because all my ordering experiences (although few) have been super positive w/Ferrara Market. It seems like pre-ordering from any online retailer is like this, but FM does have a bundle update page: https://ferraramarketinc.com/blogs/update-on-bundles.

My Sauron, Invisible Frodo adn Twilight Ringwraith would be x2 as amazing w/the rest of the set OOB on a shelf, and it's been tough seeing the likes of Frodo and Gandalf randomly in stores since I am a Hobbit + LOTR fan. Hoping to receive the set and grab the SDCC exclusive soon.

the wraith came undamaged ? that is my main concern ordering on-line right now for that specific piece. a lot of stories its fragility.

:freddy3:
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks for all the info everyone! Ferrara did respond to me on Facebook messenger and confirmed the bundle will be shipping this month! :)

michael

Postby michael » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:49 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
michael wrote:

the wraith came undamaged ? that is my main concern ordering on-line right now for that specific piece. a lot of stories its fragility.

:freddy3:

I picked him up in-store the week he came out in my area. Even then there were a few w/damage (swords, crowns, weird bends).
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

Return to “Pop!”