Future hikari ?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
stevebb

Future hikari ?

Postby stevebb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:26 pm

You think large hikari will continue or do you think funko will go with mini for now on?

mohawkjones

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 pm

I am in the hoping to continue group. I see room for both in the market place, hoping the interest in mini might drive a little bit more interest in the fill size pieces.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

nanite

Postby nanite » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:30 pm

I didn't see anything Hikari announced at Fundays or the 'con?
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm sure we'll still get plenty of new Hikari.

Frankenberry had several variants so you know Booberry and Count are coming soon as well. Star Wars Hikari always seem to pop up too.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:01 pm

All the mini hikari seem to lack detail, they're nice tho

EZA

Postby EZA » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:19 pm

I personally love Hikaris although I only have about 15 of them so far I am picky on the ones I buy on the flip side I only have 4 Mini Hikaris although I would love to have a full colourway set of the Freddys. :-)

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?

This.

Mini Hikari are definitely the "breaking into Sofubi" line. I think if they continue their pacing, more and more people will probably pick up the regular guys.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Lilbrimer23 wrote:I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?

This.

Mini Hikari are definitely the "breaking into Sofubi" line. I think if they continue their pacing, more and more people will probably pick up the regular guys.

Agreed. The minis seem like a great intro item into the Funko sofubi world. Curious to see what could happen if Funko went for a mass market Mini Hikari release. Maybe a few more strategic HIkari pieces like from Rick & Morty, more cereal mascots or another hot property could help get a little bit more momentum going. The MMPR Megazord did really well around here at Walmart, so there is some mass market/larger audience interest in the right pieces at the right price point.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

This.

Agreed. The minis seem like a great intro item into the Funko sofubi world. Curious to see what could happen if Funko went for a mass market Mini Hikari release. Maybe a few more strategic HIkari pieces like from Rick & Morty, more cereal mascots or another hot property could help get a little bit more momentum going. The MMPR Megazord did really well around here at Walmart, so there is some mass market/larger audience interest in the right pieces at the right price point.

A mini Hikari Rick.. wow i need that haha.

Wubba lubba dub dub.

I hope one day we see a fully painted OG colorway character like we do with Hikari, even if it's like $30 i'd still get it.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

nanite

Postby nanite » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:19 am

I haven't seen any preorders on new stuff from the usual suspects. Any word from Funko on the future of the line?
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

ANTS131

Postby ANTS131 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:11 pm

I hope they don't stop makings the hikari line altogether

outsidethebox_ca

Postby outsidethebox_ca » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:37 pm

I think we'll still see a small amount of hikari in the future but I feel like they are going to focus more on the mini hikaris.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:02 am

I can definitely see them continuing the regular Hikari and expanding the mini Hikari lineup. Since i am interested in so many different characters and series and can't bring myself to buy a $70 hikari off the bat, i usually wait till they get really discounted and then pick them up. And even so i only collect Iron Man Hikaris, but for some reason can't shake myself free of the freddy mini hikaris, they just are so charming. Eventually i hope they make an Iron Man Mini Hikari, i am sure they will, but only time will tell. It seems like the demand even for mini hikaris isn't very dramatic, you can tell by the looking at the price point of the LE 400 freddy mini hikaris, very similar to the regular hikaris with relatively the same edition size.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

BennyV07

Postby BennyV07 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 am

I personally Enjoy the full sized Hikari myself. Otherwise, it just feels like a transparent pop.

nanite

Postby nanite » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:01 pm

I keep forgetting to check if the mini Hikari boxes have Mindstyle branding. Funko could be moving away from collaborating with them on the Hikari line.
Hi, I'm Seth!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:40 pm

nanite wrote:I keep forgetting to check if the mini Hikari boxes have Mindstyle branding. Funko could be moving away from collaborating with them on the Hikari line.

Zero mention of Mindstyle on the mini Hikari boxes. I would have to go back and look at a few recent ones but I do not think I've seen Mindstyle mentioned on any of the Hikari boxes for a while now.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm

I have not seen mind style on any of the freddy minis
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

stevebb

Postby stevebb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Nothing new today again what happened to Hikari Friday ?

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I like the smaller style. I wouldn't mind if they continued on that path.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 pm

i think the full size hikari they made too many of some molds.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

scholora

Postby scholora » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 am

Agreed on the larger ones. Probably need to reduce the quantity to make it more exclusive

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:30 pm

stevebb wrote:Nothing new today again what happened to Hikari Friday ?

Been wandering the same thing myself

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 pm

kdmlvr wrote:i think the full size hikari they made too many of some molds.

scholora wrote:Agreed on the larger ones. Probably need to reduce the quantity to make it more exclusive

I think some of the more recent ones have have gotten a bit redundant in their colorways. I do not mind the multiples as long as they feel different. I love the Frankenberry mold but the color variants were pretty redundant. Captain America, Stitch, Night King, Jack Skelington... they all had a couple that treaded into that territory as well. Keep the larger ones more unique and that will help them retain their special factor.

Bummed about the lack of Hikari Friday. Been since before D23 that we have seen one. Hopefully now that D23, SDCC & HQ grand opening are done we will see a return to weekly announcements. Heck, I would be down for just bi-monthly Hikari Fridays if that meant it was more feasible for the line.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:36 pm

I really like the "bigger" collectibles, I'm sad the oversized Walking Dead minis didn't take off. Sometimes I wish the 9 inch Pops would make a comeback. If Hikari came in more characters I like than I would buy them.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

nanite

Postby nanite » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 am

Didn't see a thing in the pictures from the HQ opening.

Would be nice to get some official word on the line.
Hi, I'm Seth!

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:05 pm

I think they will go more and more with mini hikaris
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Same here, hope the churn out more characters in the large Hikari form. Then again, they are a bit out of my price range for purchasing regularly.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Valde wrote:I really like the "bigger" collectibles, I'm sad the oversized Walking Dead minis didn't take off. Sometimes I wish the 9 inch Pops would make a comeback. If Hikari came in more characters I like than I would buy them.

That always bummed me out too. I'd love larger versions of some of the awesome minis that exist now.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Hoping to see some of the Disney hikari get a reboot.

CaselxASD

Postby CaselxASD » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Chernabog wrote:Hoping to see some of the Disney hikari get a reboot.

YES PLEASE! Still working on completing my Mickey and Stitch lines but would loveee to see more and other Disney characters.
Hai! I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those Average Nerds.

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:43 am

CaselxASD wrote:

YES PLEASE! Still working on completing my Mickey and Stitch lines but would loveee to see more and other Disney characters.

I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.

Creating a set up of Emerald/Green hikaris (jade megazord, emerald voltron) and GOLD (batman, optimus).

At first, I wasn't interested due to the color crazy schemes they had. After searching hikari on PPG, I was drawn in to the green and gold and even the grey skull ones.

Definitely buying some Stitch!
WTB: Luffy color proto

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 am

I have to admit I don't really dig the larger Hikari, and thus far there hasn't even been a character I'd want in that style. The only one I own is one I won through Funko on FB, haha. The only mini Hikari I own is the black glitter Freddy, although I like their size a lot better as well as price, so if they make characters I want, I'll get them.

Characters I'd buy, big or small would be Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Wolfman and Freddy Krueger.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

CaselxASD

Postby CaselxASD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:05 pm

PopDaddy wrote:
Spoiler: show
CaselxASD wrote:

I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.
Creating a set up of Emerald/Green hikaris (jade megazord, emerald voltron) and GOLD (batman, optimus).

At first, I wasn't interested due to the color crazy schemes they had. After searching hikari on PPG, I was drawn in to the green and gold and even the grey skull ones.

You're definitely gonna love the Green Glow Stitch! It's probably my favorite one out of all the Stitch variations.
Hai! I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those Average Nerds.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:37 pm

PopDaddy wrote:I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.

The GITD Stitch is pretty rad. Also check out the ECCC Stormtrooper and Kaiju Godzilla for some more green sofubi goodness.

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:17 am

mohawkjones wrote:
PopDaddy wrote:I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.

The GITD Stitch is pretty rad. Also check out the ECCC Stormtrooper and Kaiju Godzilla for some more green sofubi goodness.

:bounce: really want the GITD stitch! I have the neon green freddy mini hikari and the new "green" coming!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm

PopDaddy wrote: :bounce: really want the GITD stitch! I have the neon green freddy mini hikari and the new "green" coming!

Check out Gemini.

GID Stitch was their exclusive and they had him on clearance as well as some damaged box mark downs recently too.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

I just took a look at those green Hikari. Now I want either one. lol
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
PopDaddy wrote: :bounce: really want the GITD stitch! I have the neon green freddy mini hikari and the new "green" coming!

Check out Gemini.

GID Stitch was their exclusive and they had him on clearance as well as some damaged box mark downs recently too.

Thanks! Forgot about them. Took a look and they have plenty green hikari! :bounce: :alien:

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:08 pm

I think, overall, they'll go mini and then begin phasing them out or maybe limiting them to convention exclusives. I see them focusing much more on their other new lines in the upcoming year or two

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Return to “Hikari”