Funko pops in subscription boxes should come with pop protectors

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Md-1

Re: Funko pops in subscription boxes should come with pop protectors

Postby Md-1 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:44 am

I personally think this is a good idea and not sure why people are saying it's not worth paying extra for? Cos a protector costs like $1?
But I find the most damage occurs from the funko pop box rattling around inside.
I'd much prefer if they just added a cardboard wall inside to hold the pop box snug.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Md-1 wrote:I personally think this is a good idea and not sure why people are saying it's not worth paying extra for? Cos a protector costs like $1?
But I find the most damage occurs from the funko pop box rattling around inside.
I'd much prefer if they just added a cardboard wall inside to hold the pop box snug.

I'm assuming people are talking about the heavy duty protectors and not the flimsy ones. The flimsy ones, in my opinion, are only good for keeping out dust and incidental scratches. They aren't going to do much to protect the box. They would only cost a buck or so, but you are also then having to have to pay a person to hand package them (I wouldn't trust a machine to load them into the protectors, you'd wind up with even more damage) and assume the person stays motivated to package them all nicely. If I had to load Pops into protectors all day, I'd go a little crazy. And probably start trying to get through them as quickly as possible, which again, defeats the purpose. Heavy duty protectors would probably add a cost of $3-4, per item, to each box, and again, who is going to load them?
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Md-1

Postby Md-1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
Md-1 wrote:I personally think this is a good idea and not sure why people are saying it's not worth paying extra for? Cos a protector costs like $1?

I'm assuming people are talking about the heavy duty protectors and not the flimsy ones. The flimsy ones, in my opinion, are only good for keeping out dust and incidental scratches. They aren't going to do much to protect the box. They would only cost a buck or so, but you are also then having to have to pay a person to hand package them (I wouldn't trust a machine to load them into the protectors, you'd wind up with even more damage) and assume the person stays motivated to package them all nicely. If I had to load Pops into protectors all day, I'd go a little crazy. And probably start trying to get through them as quickly as possible, which again, defeats the purpose. Heavy duty protectors would probably add a cost of $3-4, per item, to each box, and again, who is going to load them?

A snug fitting pop cardboard box should do the trick. Rather than a costly hard plastic one.

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 pm

I really think they should. The first two Disney subscription boxes have both come with the pops damaged in the same spot. Was lucky to get a replacement box for Pluto. That won't happen again.
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 pm

As much as i would love for them to do that, i don't think it's gonna happen.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

jimma

Postby jimma » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I can get behind this
ImageImageImageImage

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:06 am

I'm all for it. So far 4 out of 6 sub boxes, the pop has came damaged.
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Wishful thinking
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:39 pm

I would be all for it, if we didn't have to get a hefty price increase for it. Free would be great. If they do this though, they should give you the option to opt out.
Collecting since 2014

SMEAGOL2

Postby SMEAGOL2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:57 am

Thats my fear. I would get a box and the pop would be smashed. Sometimes I wish they isolated the boxes better

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 pm

SMEAGOL2 wrote:Thats my fear. I would get a box and the pop would be smashed. Sometimes I wish they isolated the boxes better

Especially when they pack the boxes so tight. They don't waste space to the point the box is a bit messed up because of the pressures against it.
Collecting since 2014

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Huh. After almost two years of my subs, I have yet to have a damaged box...I'm counting myself lucky I guess!

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:48 am

I think about 20 - 25% of the boxes I get are damaged across 3 subscription lines that I subscribe to.
So you guys that have never had a damaged box are very lucky.

sree

Postby sree » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:09 am

There was a survey last year that asked if folks would pay extra for pop protectors. I am not sure what happened to that.
May the Funko gods be with you [-o<

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 am

Wow I guess I am lucky, knocking on wood right now! I'm not opposed to the idea. I'm actually shocked they haven't decided to take over the market on protectors. It could be an add on when you purchase from the store.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:57 am

I’ve never had a Pop arrive damaged. None of their boxes have been damaged, either, although I wouldn’t care. The job of the box is to protect the Pop until I take it out and display it. I don’t display them in their boxes—if I wanted to see a giant stack of Funko boxes, I’d go to Hot Topic.

I know that some people care about boxes, but I sure don’t. I wouldn’t pay a penny more for box protectors, and I’d cancel my subscription if they raised the price to add a box protector. The box IS the protector. The Pop is what I’m interested in.

weird888

Postby weird888 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:36 am

I would definitely pay extra for better protection inside the box but I think it should be an option. Not everyone is an in-box collector and I'm sure they wouldn't want a price increase for it.

I rather like how the Funko shop packs their pops.

myktek

Postby myktek » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:16 am

I'd pay the extra dollar for a pop protector

Blazingorchidlv

Postby Blazingorchidlv » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 am

Funko doesn’t care about box damage.. if asked... they say that they are “toys” and should be taken OOB... so that is something that would never happen... they should embrace the “collectibles” side of things...
:freddy2: ~*Kim*~

draemar

Postby draemar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:41 am

I subscribed since the beginning of these boxes and yes, there were many issues with box damage, but I think they've addressed it so protectors aren't really necessary. I find if it's damaged, it was done so at the factory and not necessarily during the shipping process, so protectors wouldn't help in that regard.
ImageImageImage

kadeyfish

Postby kadeyfish » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm racking my brain trying to think if I've ever received a damaged pop from one of my boxes and I don't think I have. Being honest, the pops come right out of the box as soon as I get them, so it really wouldn't be worth the extra cost for me.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Blazingorchidlv wrote:Funko doesn’t care about box damage.. if asked... they say that they are “toys” and should be taken OOB... so that is something that would never happen... they should embrace the “collectibles” side of things...

Because it's nearly impossible to prevent all box damage. The boxes are made of thin, cheap cardboard. The only thing Funko could really do is put them in higher quality boxes which would drive the cost of their products up, and even that would not be 100% - been to enough retail location where customers have simply trashed the Funko section and the boxes look like they were jumped on. And being forced to replace products for customers for some of the minuscule dings I have been people complain about would also drive cost up.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:30 pm

If I remember correctly, Funko once asked this question in one of their surveys. They asked if you would be willing to pay more in order to have the pops better protected.

Since then, we've seen them ship out stuff from Funko Shop in interior cardboard boxes wrapped in bubble wrap ... but prices didn't go up. I like it!

I have had a number of pops boxes (maybe like 10) from the sub boxes come damaged ... but never the actual pop. My guess is that with the volume of thin protectors Funko would have to order, they'd probably be paying about $0.35 per unit. But the labor would probably cost them another $0.50. I'd be willing to pay the extra $0.85 for it to be shipped in a thin protector.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:12 pm

In my opinion, the box is part of the pop and that is what makes it collectible for me. :freddy3:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:49 pm

They should use the boxes that hot topic and box lunch use those are solid
:freddy3:

Tovarnico

Postby Tovarnico » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:51 am

I don't know about protectors although it would be nice I feel like it would cause the price to go up. I also think that with the damage box issue/ bad mail man maybe they can add bubble wrap if anything

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:43 am

Maybe they should use bubble wrap. One thing I’ve learned around Facebook groups is that bubble wrap can keep all damage away.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:They should use the boxes that hot topic and box lunch use those are solid

I think this is an excellent idea.

sree

Postby sree » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:49 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:They should use the boxes that hot topic and box lunch use those are solid

I think this is an excellent idea.

Like someone else mentioned, Funko-Shop already uses these.
May the Funko gods be with you [-o<

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:09 pm

I really haven't had any damaged Pop!s from subscription boxes. I don't think we need Pop! protectors.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:46 pm

I think they should because sometimes the boxes don’t come in the greatest condition

Return to “Powered by Funko”