Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
hailmary25

Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 pm

We all know they are coming and let us pray the amount of 1/6's gets worse. That being said who do you want to see or think will be made. Also after failing to complete S2 (looking at you Buckbeak) my wallet hopes for a break and end of year release.

That being said

Luna with glasses or Lion head
Bogart Snape
Werewolf lupin
Peter Pettigrew
one of the Centaurs
Nymphadora
Cho Chang
Cedric
Moanign Myrtle
Ofcourse a Harry, Hermione and Ron
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

w00kiee77

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I wonder if they're locked into the same style for S3... I'm a huge fan of them, but compared to a lot of other ones coming out now, their lack of detail and childish look is sort of falling behind those like LOTR style...

Taking into account that they usually have pairings/sub groups (Fred & George, etc) and certain amounts of non-humans/companions, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following:

Harry (muggle clothes)
Ron (muggle clothes)
Hermione (muggle clothes)

Students:
Luna with spectre specs
Cho Chang (more girls needed?)

Hogwarts Staff:
Filch (paired with Mrs Norris)
Prof. Trewlaney
Prof Sprout
Prof Flitwick

Baddies:
Luscious
Wormtail
Crabbe
Goyle
Death Eaters (army builders?)

Ministry:
Fudge
Umbridge

OoTP:
Mad Eye
Tonks
Kingsley
James Potter
Lily Potter

Ghosts:
Moaning Myrtle
Nearly Headless Nick
Bloody Baron
Peeves

"Creatures":
Kreacher
Mrs Norris
Firenze
Unicorn
Bowtruckle
Aragog

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 am

w00kiee77 wrote:I wonder if they're locked into the same style for S3... I'm a huge fan of them, but compared to a lot of other ones coming out now, their lack of detail and childish look is sort of falling behind those like LOTR style...

Taking into account that they usually have pairings/sub groups (Fred & George, etc) and certain amounts of non-humans/companions, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following:

Harry (muggle clothes)
Ron (muggle clothes)

Students:
Luna with spectre specs

Hogwarts Staff:
Prof. Trewlaney
Prof Sprout
Prof Flitwick

Baddies:
Luscious
Wormtail
Crabbe
Goyle

Ministry:
Fudge
Umbridge

OoTP:
Mad Eye
Tonks
Kingsley
James Potter
Lily Potter

Ghosts:
Moaning Myrtle
Nearly Headless Nick
Bloody Baron
Peeves

"Creatures":
Kreacher
Mrs Norris
Firenze
Unicorn
Bowtruckle
Aragog

Very nice list and I agree that I actually do not like the HP style ( Love the LOTR) but it is Harry Ppotter and I have to have lol

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 am

I think the Trio in Muggle clothes is a good shout for S3. Even though I could do without them, I'm sure Funko won't want to alienate the casuals or those who just start collecting with S3, so I figure that's got an 80% likelihood of happening. I really don't care who else makes it, as long as it's not too repetitive (so, no more special edition Harries, for example), but I really think Tonks, Umbridge and MadEye need to be part of the next release. Lucius, Filch+Mrs. Norris, Cedric, Cho, Krum and Fleur would also be solid picks.

I actually like the current style and wouldn't want them to go to LOTR-type figures, as it would make the other series look incongruous when next to each other.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm

They had Yule ball Hermione, maybe they could do the other characters like that too. That would bring in a Harry and Ron alternative, and tie it back to the first series.

I definitely need a Luna in at least two outfits.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 pm

highlanderfil wrote:I think the Trio in Muggle clothes is a good shout for S3. Even though I could do without them, I'm sure Funko won't want to alienate the casuals or those who just start collecting with S3, so I figure that's got an 80% likelihood of happening. I really don't care who else makes it, as long as it's not too repetitive (so, no more special edition Harries, for example)

Pretty sure it will be 100% chance happening due to the reasons you gave... A agree on the repetitiveness, and I think they only did it in S1 because, and correct me if I'm wrong, it was really right before the huge boom of everything coming out in MM form...

highlanderfil wrote:I actually like the current style and wouldn't want them to go to LOTR-type figures, as it would make the other series look incongruous when next to each other.

I definitely prefer this style over ones like Stranger Things (and it's much more appropriate than the Walking Dead or Horror style) and agree that they're locked into it now, but again, this was before they were putting so much effort into the details, so it would have been nice to see what they could do with the a new style... Picturing more that Rock Candy style which could be cool...

bakivali wrote:They had Yule ball Hermione, maybe they could do the other characters like that too. That would bring in a Harry and Ron alternative, and tie it back to the first series.

Nice idea! Yule Ball Ron would be hilarious lol...

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:08 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
bakivali wrote:They had Yule ball Hermione, maybe they could do the other characters like that too. That would bring in a Harry and Ron alternative, and tie it back to the first series.

Nice idea! Yule Ball Ron would be hilarious lol...

I really like the idea of a Yule Ball line! We could have Harry and Ron, Cedric and Cho, Krum, Ginny and Neville!

I'd also like some more adults - Mr. & Mrs. Weasley, Mrs. Longbottom (Neville's Grandmother) (which would tie in nicely with Boggart Snape!), James & LIly (maybe ghost?).

Still want Patronuses rather than creatures, but I'm not opposed to creatures! I need to study up on creatures before I offer up some ideas on them. But I always want more dragons..!
Image ImageImage Image

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:15 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:I actually like the current style and wouldn't want them to go to LOTR-type figures, as it would make the other series look incongruous when next to each other.

I definitely prefer this style over ones like Stranger Things (and it's much more appropriate than the Walking Dead or Horror style) and agree that they're locked into it now, but again, this was before they were putting so much effort into the details, so it would have been nice to see what they could do with the a new style... Picturing more that Rock Candy style which could be cool...

They could maybe incorporate some more "action" by doing what they did with the Beauty and the Beast ones, which have a similar style but had some different poses (like Belle dancing or Beast kneeling).

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:18 pm

bakivali wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

They could maybe incorporate some more "action" by doing what they did with the Beauty and the Beast ones, which have a similar style but had some different poses (like Belle dancing or Beast kneeling).

Based on the recently revealed Sailor Moon mystery minis which are done in the same style as the HP ones, I would be shocked if Series 3 didn't have action poses for at least Harry, Hermione and Ron.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Velmeran wrote:
bakivali wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:I definitely prefer this style over ones like Stranger Things (and it's much more appropriate than the Walking Dead or Horror style) and agree that they're locked into it now, but again, this was before they were putting so much effort into the details, so it would have been nice to see what they could do with the a new style... Picturing more that Rock Candy style which could be cool...

Based on the recently revealed Sailor Moon mystery minis which are done in the same style as the HP ones, I would be shocked if Series 3 didn't have action poses for at least Harry, Hermione and Ron.

I could see them at least pointing wands and casting spells, since that's kind of the main image you see on promotional materials everywhere.

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:47 am

As long as half the box isn't 1/6s or Harry, Ron and Hermione, I might start properly collecting these again. That being said, I'm going to guess we'll get the main trio in muggle clothes this time around, plus Cho, Cedric, Fleur and Krum, maybe Umbrigde or Lucius and a Death Eater. I'm stuck for creatures though, it's been a while since I watched or read anything HP related.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:32 pm

We need Mad eye MOODY, Creature, Lucius Malfoy, umbridge, and more harry!
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Like the idea of Dolores Umbridge and Cho Chang need more girls. What about a new Hermione as Failed transfiguration Half Cat. They could always throw in Pansy Parkinson or Millicent Bulstrode with a Crabbe and Goyle. Would also like to see something like Dudley Dursley with pig's tail or just plump with this muggle clothes.
Current collection: /Collection PPG Link

*Looking for:*
both Fawkes from Harry potter Mystery Minis Series 1
(Trying to finish Harry potter Mystery Minis Series 1 & Series 2)

Anrock10

Postby Anrock10 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Well I’ll be broke when these release
:freddy2:

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 pm

babasdada wrote:We need Mad eye MOODY, Creature, Lucius Malfoy, umbridge, and more harry!

yes! All those and so many more like werewolf lupin, Cho chang, peter petigrew, olivander...
It’s me Lynda

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
babasdada wrote:We need Mad eye MOODY, Creature, Lucius Malfoy, umbridge, and more harry!

yes! All those and so many more like werewolf lupin, Cho chang, peter petigrew, olivander...

Yes definitely Cho!
Joe from NYC
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 am

We have Scabbers and Padfoot we need moony and prongs to round that set out. PoA harry and glow in the dark (1/6 please) stage patronus would be cool, and I dont know who you could pair warewolf lupin up with but Funko can make it work.

I think I said this in the series 2 thread cuz I know Iv typed it before and not to be a broken record but (hellcat funko pop) Umbridge with a kitten in a pink bow is a must

And I agree with BrienneTheBlue, on many things but also Cedric we need what ever Hufflepuff representation we can squeeze out.
- tauntaunking on instagram

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 am

I couldn’t give you a full lineup. I do, however, know I want an Aragog. Favorite creature from all the books.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:02 am

I just want a Luna with the lionhead, luna with glasses and a flying Hedwig. I'd also love any of the HP characters on their brooms or with their brooms.
I'm Abe

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am

I think that'll be the wave where Funko tries out 1/3 rarity, to ensure you get four Harrys in every box.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Heli88 wrote:I think that'll be the wave where Funko tries out 1/3 rarity, to ensure you get four Harrys in every box.

Please no ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) didnt they do a 1/4 in a different series

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 pm

I think you're right, sadly.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:42 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Heli88 wrote:I think that'll be the wave where Funko tries out 1/3 rarity, to ensure you get four Harrys in every box.

Was that Coco?

If they screw us on ratios again I swear to all that is holy that I'm going to refuse to buy any of these and just give my money to re-sellers...

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:01 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Was that Coco?

If they screw us on ratios again I swear to all that is holy that I'm going to refuse to buy any of these and just give my money to re-sellers...

You and me both and I think you are right about coco

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 pm

I've reached that point with Hot Topic, at least. As far as I'm concerned, all their Minis are actually eBay exclusives.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Heli88 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, all their Minis are actually eBay exclusives.

Haha, eBay exclusives!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:16 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Was that Coco?

You and me both and I think you are right about coco

Yeah it was Coco, but at least there weren't "rare" ones in that set (nothing over 1/12). So that helps a little bit at least.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 pm

kihou wrote:Yeah it was Coco, but at least there weren't "rare" ones in that set (nothing over 1/12). So that helps a little bit at least.

True...through evil ratios on top of evil exclusive ratios and that is what I fear for S3 :(

funko_poptography_89

Postby funko_poptography_89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Series 3 wishlist
- the trio in their house scarves
- madeye moody
- lucious in death eater mask
- kreacher
- quidditch Draco
- quidditch Ron
- Luna in lion headdress
- Cornelius Fudge
- Kingsley Shacklebolt
- GITD snape doe Patronus
- fluffy flocked
- umbridge
- quirrell
- flitwick
- Rita Skeeter
- gilderoy Lockhart
- prof trelawney
- tonka
- viktor Kruger
- Fleur
- slughorn
- Tom Riddle

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:26 pm

The possibilities I hope we have less 1/72's this time around to actually be able to fully complete the set
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 am

bakivali wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Oh no, that's a scary thought...the weights would probably be close if they went that route! After this last set and their close weights....sigh! As much as I'd love the look, I dread the thought a bit!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:41 am

I support Moody, Kreacher and Lucius! While I think it's likely we'll end up with an Umbridge at some point, ugh...I don't want her since I fear collecting an Umbridge army! If I'm going for an Army, I'd rather have Dumbledore's Army!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:02 am

Ouroboros wrote:Like the idea of Dolores Umbridge and Cho Chang need more girls. What about a new Hermione as Failed transfiguration Half Cat. They could always throw in Pansy Parkinson or Millicent Bulstrode with a Crabbe and Goyle. Would also like to see something like Dudley Dursley with pig's tail or just plump with this muggle clothes.

I absolutely love the idea of Half-Cat Hermione! Yes please, this needs to happen!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:29 am

opopssum wrote:We have Scabbers and Padfoot we need moony and prongs to round that set out. PoA harry and glow in the dark (1/6 please) stage patronus would be cool, and I dont know who you could pair warewolf lupin up with but Funko can make it work.

I think I said this in the series 2 thread cuz I know Iv typed it before and not to be a broken record but (hellcat funko pop) Umbridge with a kitten in a pink bow is a must

And I agree with BrienneTheBlue, on many things but also Cedric we need what ever Hufflepuff representation we can squeeze out.

Yes to Moony and Prongs! And an exclusive (somewhere) GITD Patronus Prongs.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:33 am

funko_poptography_89 wrote:Series 3 wishlist
- the trio in their house scarves
- madeye moody
- lucious in death eater mask
- kreacher
- quidditch Draco
- quidditch Ron
- Luna in lion headdress
- Cornelius Fudge
- Kingsley Shacklebolt
- GITD snape doe Patronus
- fluffy flocked
- umbridge
- quirrell
- flitwick
- Rita Skeeter
- gilderoy Lockhart
- prof trelawney
- tonks
- viktor Krum
- Fleur
- slughorn
- Tom Riddle

If Funko wants to just take this list and go for it, I'm good with that. I don't think I've seen Fluffy mentioned before - I need a Fluffy!!!
Image ImageImage Image

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 am

Aragog?
Joe from NYC

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 pm

I was thinking today that since both S1 & S2 each included a Sirius, S3 should also. I'm torn between wanting a Grimauld Place Sirius (snazzy dresser!), or a Mauraders Sirius. Either way...I want both!
Image ImageImage Image

Jellica

Postby Jellica » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:27 am

w00kiee77 wrote:I wonder if they're locked into the same style for S3... I'm a huge fan of them, but compared to a lot of other ones coming out now, their lack of detail and childish look is sort of falling behind those like LOTR style...

Harry (muggle clothes)
Ron (muggle clothes)

Students:
Luna with spectre specs

Hogwarts Staff:
Prof. Trewlaney
Prof Sprout
Prof Flitwick

Baddies:
Luscious
Wormtail
Crabbe
Goyle

Ministry:
Fudge
Umbridge

OoTP:
Mad Eye
Tonks
Kingsley
James Potter
Lily Potter

Ghosts:
Moaning Myrtle
Nearly Headless Nick
Bloody Baron
Peeves

"Creatures":
Kreacher
Mrs Norris
Firenze
Unicorn
Bowtruckle
Aragog

Loving your list!

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:29 am

I kind of want to see the golden snitch in the next wave, and maybe the characters on broomsticks.

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 am

I feel like the 2nd series just came out and the 3rd is already coming out. Can't keep up with them.

Return to “Blind Bags”