Collecting Star Wars Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Pkdiablo77

Collecting Star Wars Hikari

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 am

What are peoples favourites?
I just started to try and get each character.
Not all colourways just one or two.

Thanks!

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Re: Collecting Star Wars Hikari

Postby TheJobaFett » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 pm

I really like the Kylo mold. There are some really great Stormtrooper colorways, Boba Fett too. These are some of my favorites
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

smitre

Postby smitre » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 pm

My favorite molds are Bossk, Greedo, Kylo, and prequel Clone Troopers. Honorable mention reluctantly to Phasma, cannot stand the character in the movies.

Pkdiablo77

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Wow those are beauties! I currently have greedo vaderNd first order stormtrooper. He's way biggerthan the other 2. Anyone know why?

scholora

Postby scholora » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Wow great pictures. Kylo ren and vader look awesome

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Here is everything except that pesky Livewire Kylo Ren
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

uhh

Postby uhh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Wish I could find any of the vaders in the wild. Id like to see them in person before purchasing :(

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:43 pm

The Wampa with blood is awesome looking!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 am

uhh wrote:Wish I could find any of the vaders in the wild. Id like to see them in person before purchasing :(

Hot Topic was the only place I ever saw a Vader in the wild and it was just the Original color version. The original holographic with the foil strips inside and the Starfields are 2 of my favorites and look great in person. The infrared is a sharp looking piece too.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

uhh

Postby uhh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 am

mohawkjones wrote:
uhh wrote:Wish I could find any of the vaders in the wild. Id like to see them in person before purchasing :(

Hot Topic was the only place I ever saw a Vader in the wild and it was just the Original color version. The original holographic with the foil strips inside and the Starfields are 2 of my favorites and look great in person. The infrared is a sharp looking piece too.

I just gave in and ordered the holographic glow one from Gemini lol

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:16 pm

uhh wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

I just gave in and ordered the holographic glow one from Gemini lol

Glow is a cool one too. I am partial to the holo-foil version with the glitter strips stuffed inside. There is a Stormtrooper that has a similar effect, he was a SDCC Lootcrate exclusive from 2015. I've seen him for pretty cheap on eBay from time to time.

I am sucker for the Hikari that have stuff stuffed inside the hollow bodies. :SW4:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 pm

I've been wanting to order a Star Wars Hikari. Do they easily fall down or do they have a good footing that it takes a good push to knock them down?

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:06 pm

I've been wanting to order a Star Wars Hikari. Do they easily fall down or do they have a good footing that it takes a good push to knock them down?

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:29 am

nightbodega wrote:I've been wanting to order a Star Wars Hikari. Do they easily fall down or do they have a good footing that it takes a good push to knock them down?

Most stand just fine.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:32 am

My favorite star wars hikari is the clone trooper, i have a boba fett but the trooper gets the edge for me
:freddy3:

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
nightbodega wrote:I've been wanting to order a Star Wars Hikari. Do they easily fall down or do they have a good footing that it takes a good push to knock them down?

Most stand just fine.

Thanks. Going to start picking them up.

OUTSIDER31

Postby OUTSIDER31 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 am

White storm trooper from star wars celebration

Lilcrimestopper

Postby Lilcrimestopper » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Favorite Hikari: ECCC Emerald Stormtrooper
Favorite Funko products: Tarantino, Star Wars and Batman Pops & Hikaris

smitre

Postby smitre » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Picked up a couple more Clone Troopers on good deals.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:24 am

JobaFett wrote:I really like the Kylo mold. There are some really great Stormtrooper colorways, Boba Fett too. These are some of my favorites

Very nice collection. I love the prototype boba fett and the stormtrooper that came in the lootcrate I believe. It had silver star shaped glitter in it. Those two are on my list!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sat May 04, 2019 9:05 am

I'm still on the fence about collecting Hikari (I do own all the SW mini Hikari..wondering if that counts)...if I don't start will that make my SW collection incomplete
SW pops 363. Missing Stormtrooper Han, Stormtrooper Luke, Flocked SDCC Chewie & DJ R3X...3 Conan SW pops & 5/7 Freddy SW (missing Boba Fett Red Hair & Clone Trooper Blue Hair.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

smitre

Postby smitre » Sat May 04, 2019 11:24 am

Don't let it bother you about completing your Pop collection. Pops are Pops and it is amazing what you have accomplished on that front.

That said I was like you about collecting Star Wars Hikari... do I really like the look, too many colorways of the same figures (like the chrome Pops trend), etc.
Last year I dipped my toes in the Hikari waters for a few of my favorites that have good Hikari molds; Boba, Greedo, and Bossk. Found out I love them in person and the rest is history. Storage and display space is a problem because of their larger size so don't feel like you have to get every color variation, only get the ones that work for each character to your eyes. Hunt around for the price. The same figure can be found at drastically different prices. Some sources will price Hikaris through the roof because of their limited production runs, but you can fund bargains when a source wants to dump them because of the low demand. Box condition can be very hit or miss. You will have a problem building a decent Hikari collection if you only want to display them in pristine mint boxes. Most Hikari you will acquire at this point after their production will likely have at the very least light box wear and some cloudiness to the display window. I have a few with damaged display windows. If you want any Boba Fetts it is possible they can come with his antenna broken off. It is a big problem with the figure but can be fixed if you are careful.

Shoot me a message if you want any tips or have questions.

My big Hikari want is the Live Wire Kylo Ren. I prefer original trilogy characters but I like his Hikari mold. As far as I can tell this variant was mostly only distributed in Australia so it is difficult to find for a remotely decent price in the States.

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:59 am

JobaFett wrote:Here is everything except that pesky Livewire Kylo Ren

Awesome collection. I love the look of the Hikari figures
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sat May 04, 2019 11:59 am

smitre wrote:Don't let it bother you about completing your Pop collection. Pops are Pops and it is amazing what you have accomplished on that front.

That said I was like you about collecting Star Wars Hikari... do I really like the look, too many colorways of the same figures (like the chrome Pops trend), etc.
Last year I dipped my toes in the Hikari waters for a few of my favorites that have good Hikari molds; Boba, Greedo, and Bossk. Found out I love them in person and the rest is history. Storage and display space is a problem because of their larger size so don't feel like you have to get every color variation, only get the ones that work for each character to your eyes. Hunt around for the price. The same figure can be found at drastically different prices. Some sources will price Hikaris through the roof because of their limited production runs, but you can fund bargains when a source wants to dump them because of the low demand. Box condition can be very hit or miss. You will have a problem building a decent Hikari collection if you only want to display them in pristine mint boxes. Most Hikari you will acquire at this point after their production will likely have at the very least light box wear and some cloudiness to the display window. I have a few with damaged display windows. If you want any Boba Fetts it is possible they can come with his antenna broken off. It is a big problem with the figure but can be fixed if you are careful.

Shoot me a message if you want any tips or have questions.

My big Hikari want is the Live Wire Kylo Ren. I prefer original trilogy characters but I like his Hikari mold. As far as I can tell this variant was mostly only distributed in Australia so it is difficult to find for a remotely decent price in the States.

Thanks for the insightful answer. I want to say I would just get 1 of each figure/character...but the completist in me might take over...LOL
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat May 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Bossk and Wampa are my favorites! And I WOULD LOVE A MIGHTY CHEWBACCA HIKARI....just sayin' Funko.... Could even make it a part charity purchase with the Peter Mayhew Foundation. :SW5:

Here are mine..and now I see I am missing a Wampa!! *timetoshop

FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun May 05, 2019 6:19 pm

a99kitten wrote:Bossk and Wampa are my favorites! And I WOULD LOVE A MIGHTY CHEWBACCA HIKARI....just sayin' Funko.... Could even make it a part charity purchase with the Peter Mayhew Foundation. :SW5:

Awesome collection.

Also a question... how did you get your name orange? Long time collector but moderately new to the forums.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:04 pm

GettingSodas wrote:
a99kitten wrote:Bossk and Wampa are my favorites! And I WOULD LOVE A MIGHTY CHEWBACCA HIKARI....just sayin' Funko.... Could even make it a part charity purchase with the Peter Mayhew Foundation. :SW5:

Awesome collection.

Also a question... how did you get your name orange? Long time collector but moderately new to the forums.

Chewbacca would be a must!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Hikaris are really cool. I just don't have the room to collect to collect them. I only have a couple of Groot hikaris. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Sun May 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Love the look of the Wampa...he's sooo angry!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun May 05, 2019 10:57 pm

How are you missing the regular Wampa?!? lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 06, 2019 6:14 pm

I would enjoy more Darth Vader Hikari''s. I don't know if the Hikari's need to be a certain pose, but I'd like to see other poses.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue May 07, 2019 11:53 am

nightbodega wrote:I would enjoy more Darth Vader Hikari''s. I don't know if the Hikari's need to be a certain pose, but I'd like to see other poses.

I think the poses were a nod to the old school 70's sofubi toys they were inspired by. The softer vinyl & it's mold process limited the complexity of the designs. The Hikari line picked up on that and ran with it.

I liked the simplicity but if some more dynamic poses, even is just changing up the arm sculpts (I.E. Vader with a force choke hand/bent arm, Iron Man with a repulsor blast palm, Voltron with sword, etc.) or facial expressions, if that go more folks on board I would be cool with that!

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue May 07, 2019 12:27 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

How are you missing the regular Wampa?!? lol

Good question!!!!!! lol
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue May 07, 2019 12:28 pm

GettingSodas wrote:

Awesome collection.

Thanks!

I am a moderator so our names are in orange.

ImageImage

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Tue May 07, 2019 12:35 pm

a99kitten wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:

Awesome collection.

Thanks!

I am a moderator so our names are in orange.

Oh that’s cool
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 pm

I’ve been trying to get into this line of funko but can’t seem to pull the trigger. Not sure if it’s me holding my money for other funko or just plain afraid to start another collection. These do look amazing that’s for sure
Image Image

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue May 07, 2019 8:57 pm

I like the mini Vader Hikari. I've always liked the C-3PO Hikari. I don't own any, but they look awesome.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 08, 2019 11:21 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
nightbodega wrote:I would enjoy more Darth Vader Hikari''s. I don't know if the Hikari's need to be a certain pose, but I'd like to see other poses.

I think the poses were a nod to the old school 70's sofubi toys they were inspired by. The softer vinyl & it's mold process limited the complexity of the designs. The Hikari line picked up on that and ran with it.

I liked the simplicity but if some more dynamic poses, even is just changing up the arm sculpts (I.E. Vader with a force choke hand/bent arm, Iron Man with a repulsor blast palm, Voltron with sword, etc.) or facial expressions, if that go more folks on board I would be cool with that!

I was not aware of that. Good back info. Thanks.

FunkoGus

Postby FunkoGus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:31 am

The Wampa and Boba Fett molds really stand out.

Return to “Hikari”