Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Kevin926

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Kevin926 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:45 pm

When I asked funko about length of time, they wouldn't tell me as seen above. My concern is now simple math. Someone posted only 750ish stores. Ok, so 1/72 is out of 6 cases. From posts gathered, the HTs have averaged only 3 per store, some 4. Basically, that means that each store only had 1, eowyn, 1 lurtz, and 2 witchkings. If the averages are correct.

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm not good at multi QUOTEs

The 8 nazgul plus the witchking looks fantastic. If these common cases keep popping up, I may just give it a go.

GundamJaeger

Postby GundamJaeger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:30 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
GundamJaeger wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:For the common cases, it does seem that top left back seems to be the sweet spot. I’ve found two Nazgul there myself

Oh ok, I gotta try this method. Nazgul is the last one I need for normal cases. I never even came accross a case at either of the two hot topics near me. So I fear I'll never have Lutz. I got a few duplicates, Sauron, Saruman, Golden Gimli and Invisible Frodo if anyone wants to trade.

Good luck to you my friend. A little tip, Nazgul will be quite heavy also. Only thing heavier in the common cases are Gimli and Gandalf. Hope that helps

Thanks a lot, appreciate that. Fingers crossed I come accross him. I'd hate to cave to eBay lol. Although I may have to to get Lutz and witch king

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 pm

bakivali wrote:The area Gamestops have never gotten these in (Wisconsin). Only 2 stores in Wisconsin got any a couple months ago. It's very odd.

Our GS and Target hasn’t gotten them, TRU and Walmart just got them last week so I’m hopeful to find more Nazgul eventually I’m CA
It’s me Lynda

Adonia_skydazer

Postby Adonia_skydazer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 pm

Kevin926 wrote:When I asked funko about length of time, they wouldn't tell me as seen above. My concern is now simple math. Someone posted only 750ish stores. Ok, so 1/72 is out of 6 cases. From posts gathered, the HTs have averaged only 3 per store, some 4. Basically, that means that each store only had 1, eowyn, 1 lurtz, and 2 witchkings. If the averages are correct.

You forgot Galadriel whom was in 4 out of the 5 fresh cases I weighed at ht.

Also stores in my area only got about1-2 cases each. So if there are 686 hot topic stores round it to 700 then figure average two cases per store that is about 250 lurtz, 250 eowyn, And 500 witchking. Then also factor in online sales and restocks which a few states have gotten (not mine unfortunately) so maybe add 150 to the 1/72 and 300 to the 1/36. That’s just my rough guess.
I ❤ MYSTERY MINIS!!!

Image Image
I DO CUSTOMS
ImageImage

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:47 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
bakivali wrote:The area Gamestops have never gotten these in (Wisconsin). Only 2 stores in Wisconsin got any a couple months ago. It's very odd.

Our GS and Target hasn’t gotten them, TRU and Walmart just got them last week so I’m hopeful to find more Nazgul eventually I’m CA

My Gamestop got a case at the beginning of January, and when I was there last weekend I noticed they had got a restock. That's weird that several stores still haven't gotten any yet.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:17 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:Hah wow, I do the exact same. I have a Google Doc with a list of all my measurements of the ones I've found then sorted by avg, including min/max. Lots of series have ones where there is 5-6 in a range of 2g, like SW around 53g, makes it a pain, but at least once I get all the ones in that range I can skip those. Other people's lists are useful for the broad ranges and knowing when you've completed a range.

Heh... as long as you're not my competition in Sydney, we'll get on great ;)

I had to upgrade some skills in Excel to make some easy visual graphs to get my head around the min/max thing while hunting... I usually end up passing over most SW related (TLJ as well, even though I've never really been hunting those much) because it's so crowded around the ones I still need, even when you take out exclusives and whatnot...

I'm in the US (San Francisco), so no competition other than the occasional Popcultcha order I do.

That's brilliant, unfortunately I don't think Google docs can support it heh. I just pull up the doc on my phone and have it sorted, but visual would be better.

I got lucky on the Walmart and Walgreen's SW ones so I had an OK time.

For these LoTR ones my biggest problem is even finding them in stores. I struck out a 3 HT (well I got 1 box a while ago, but no more luck) and at 3 B&N (they didn't even have it in the system). No common boxes at any stores I've tried either. This set is ... weird. A shame too since its been my favorite book since middle school and it launched my love of the fantasy genre.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 pm

HT briefly restocked horror 2 online. But sent common boxes. A restock of exclusives is not likely. Prob screwed on HT set.

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:45 pm

mrxdoe wrote:
CrownlessKing wrote:It's really hard to find a Nazgul in a B&N case. I've gone through so many fresh cases and took the back-Left spot only to find myself getting either Gollum, Pippin or Merry. I feel like it's more common to get him in a regular case rather than in an exclusive case.

I found my 5 Nazgul from B&N bottom front right, always. In normal cases like TRU, top back left. always weighs around 69-70 g. and I sold my soul for the witch king(i swear he was bottom front right on a HT case).

Oh man! That Witch King looks so dang cool! =P~

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:Hah wow, I do the exact same. I have a Google Doc with a list of all my measurements of the ones I've found then sorted by avg, including min/max. Lots of series have ones where there is 5-6 in a range of 2g, like SW around 53g, makes it a pain, but at least once I get all the ones in that range I can skip those. Other people's lists are useful for the broad ranges and knowing when you've completed a range.

I had to upgrade some skills in Excel to make some easy visual graphs to get my head around the min/max thing while hunting... I usually end up passing over most SW related (TLJ as well, even though I've never really been hunting those much) because it's so crowded around the ones I still need, even when you take out exclusives and whatnot...
Spoiler: show

That chart is awesome!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 pm

FredKruger wrote:HT briefly restocked horror 2 online. But sent common boxes. A restock of exclusives is not likely. Prob screwed on HT set.

They've been restocking their Disney Afternoon exclusive sets pretty regularly, so I'm not sure why folks are so convinced they won't do the same with these.

If it's just because some random clerks said that, as a former retail worker myself, I can verify that most retail people are just guessing when they give out answers about stuff like this.
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
FredKruger wrote:HT briefly restocked horror 2 online. But sent common boxes. A restock of exclusives is not likely. Prob screwed on HT set.

They've been restocking their Disney Afternoon exclusive sets pretty regularly, so I'm not sure why folks are so convinced they won't do the same with these.

If it's just because some random clerks said that, as a former retail worker myself, I can verify that most retail people are just guessing when they give out answers about stuff like this.

I think the problem is that other lines are not as well restocked, like Harry Potter. That set only got 1-2 restocks depending on the store, then dropped off completely. That's why the HT prices skyrocket - there just weren't a lot out there even if they are lower rarities.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Indy Viper wrote:

They are pretty inconsistent at which ones get restocks and which ones don't. I'm sure this will get at least 1 restock, but if its only another 1 or 2 cases per store then its still going to be really hard to get. We need at least 3-4 waves of 2 cases for prices to get anywhere near reasonable.

Hopefully we it was some production issue and we see a big wave after AU gets their initial stock.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm

I hit my only 2 HT in my area. Unfortunately both are in dying malls and are both low volume stores. They hardly get any stock. 2 cases from each location , no luck at all. I went farther south to a strong mall with great volume. The clerk told me they can order some online, but when she went to do it, she couldn't. She told me this was the forth case she had seen. I have been calling for the last 2 weeks, (all 3 stores ) and they haven't restocked at all. They also haven't restocked the older star wars , harry potter or other popular lines.

Curious, are the Lord of the rings minis at target? I haven't seen one box, never mind cases.

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Adonia_skydazer wrote:
Kevin926 wrote:When I asked funko about length of time, they wouldn't tell me as seen above. My concern is now simple math. Someone posted only 750ish stores. Ok, so 1/72 is out of 6 cases. From posts gathered, the HTs have averaged only 3 per store, some 4. Basically, that means that each store only had 1, eowyn, 1 lurtz, and 2 witchkings. If the averages are correct.

You forgot Galadriel whom was in 4 out of the 5 fresh cases I weighed at ht.

Also stores in my area only got about1-2 cases each. So if there are 686 hot topic stores round it to 700 then figure average two cases per store that is about 250 lurtz, 250 eowyn, And 500 witchking. Then also factor in online sales and restocks which a few states have gotten (not mine unfortunately) so maybe add 150 to the 1/72 and 300 to the 1/36. That’s just my rough guess.

Still very low numbers seeing how everyone is looking for them. With any luck, they will reload and send out new stock that will atleast double our estimated numbers. Man I hope our numbers are wrong.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Indy Viper wrote:

Ehhhhh, I don't know if having 2-3 boxes would be considered a restock. It's more based on 3-4 years of mini collecting. If people are expected a 10 box restock, they are going to be disappointed. Minis, especially exclusives are almost always one and done.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 pm

kihou wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:

I think the problem is that other lines are not as well restocked, like Harry Potter. That set only got 1-2 restocks depending on the store, then dropped off completely. That's why the HT prices skyrocket - there just weren't a lot out there even if they are lower rarities.

We never truly know, but HT said on podcast, probably not. Time will tell, hoping to get to a fresh box if they do restock.

Kennywr22

Postby Kennywr22 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 am

Hello all. Brand new here and my first mini purchases have been these. I love lord of the rings and couldn’t resist these. Having no luck so far. I did manage to order 3 blind boxes from hot topic a couple days ago and 2 more this morning when they popped up. Hoping I get lucky. Really hoping more of these pop up since I started late.

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Kennywr22 wrote:Hello all. Brand new here and my first mini purchases have been these. I love lord of the rings and couldn’t resist these. Having no luck so far. I did manage to order 3 blind boxes from hot topic a couple days ago and 2 more this morning when they popped up. Hoping I get lucky. Really hoping more of these pop up since I started late.

Welcome to the boards, and the exciting process of Mystery Mini hunting! Wishing you the best of luck with your online purchases. I have had mixed luck with Hot Topic online orders, so hoping you strike it rich. If you end up needing commons and uncommons, there are probably plenty of people with extras on here :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Kevin926 wrote:I hit my only 2 HT in my area. Unfortunately both are in dying malls and are both low volume stores. They hardly get any stock. 2 cases from each location , no luck at all. I went farther south to a strong mall with great volume. The clerk told me they can order some online, but when she went to do it, she couldn't. She told me this was the forth case she had seen. I have been calling for the last 2 weeks, (all 3 stores ) and they haven't restocked at all. They also haven't restocked the older star wars , harry potter or other popular lines.

Curious, are the Lord of the rings minis at target? I haven't seen one box, never mind cases.

I've only seen the common cases at TRU and a local comic store. One box was at one Gamestop 3 hours away from us. Nothing yet from Target or Walmart in our area.

Kevin926

Postby Kevin926 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Sounds like these cases are showing up at different stores nation wide. In my area, the common cases have been at FYE, TRU and now showing up at walmart. Game stop doesn't have them. So is it possible game stop will have these later? Also, target perhaps? I will check with my local BN next week to see if they are getting anymore. No luck at HT at all.

Has anyone seen these at target stores? Also how long have your local game stops had these?

I do know that the Warner Bros minis haven't shown up any where except HT. No walgreens, walmart or even TRU. All those mentioned stores have their own exclusives so they will show up at some point.

I'm hoping the common lord of the rings cases will be more available if this is true about showing up in different stores. Looks like certain areas are getting them faster than others.

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am

Kevin926 wrote:Sounds like these cases are showing up at different stores nation wide. In my area, the common cases have been at FYE, TRU and now showing up at walmart. Game stop doesn't have them. So is it possible game stop will have these later? Also, target perhaps? I will check with my local BN next week to see if they are getting anymore. No luck at HT at all.

Has anyone seen these at target stores? Also how long have your local game stops had these?

I do know that the Warner Bros minis haven't shown up any where except HT. No walgreens, walmart or even TRU. All those mentioned stores have their own exclusives so they will show up at some point.

I'm hoping the common lord of the rings cases will be more available if this is true about showing up in different stores. Looks like certain areas are getting them faster than others.

I've seen WB at two different TRU's. My local one jUST got their first box in just a few days ago while the one farther from me had theirs like way longer than that.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:38 pm

GundamJaeger wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
GundamJaeger wrote:Oh ok, I gotta try this method. Nazgul is the last one I need for normal cases. I never even came accross a case at either of the two hot topics near me. So I fear I'll never have Lutz. I got a few duplicates, Sauron, Saruman, Golden Gimli and Invisible Frodo if anyone wants to trade.

Good luck to you my friend. A little tip, Nazgul will be quite heavy also. Only thing heavier in the common cases are Gimli and Gandalf. Hope that helps

Thanks a lot, appreciate that. Fingers crossed I come accross him. I'd hate to cave to eBay lol. Although I may have to to get Lutz and witch king

Have patience with Nazgul, more common cases will keep showing up including at Walmart’s so try to avoid the bay if you can. Lurtz and witch king may be a different story tho

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:28 pm

Mystlurker wrote:I'm in the US (San Francisco), so no competition other than the occasional Popcultcha order I do.

That's brilliant, unfortunately I don't think Google docs can support it heh. I just pull up the doc on my phone and have it sorted, but visual would be better.

For these LoTR ones my biggest problem is even finding them in stores. I struck out a 3 HT (well I got 1 box a while ago, but no more luck) and at 3 B&N (they didn't even have it in the system). No common boxes at any stores I've tried either. This set is ... weird. A shame too since its been my favorite book since middle school and it launched my love of the fantasy genre.

Oh good, I have enough competition around the city here lol...

Yeah, I keep mine in Dropbox so i can edit it at work if needs be, and then take it with me on my phone when I go hunting... Not ideal, but with my min/avg/max and with enough data, it really helps (but also throws some extra doubt when I shake test them).

I've heard elsewhere how spotty the cases have been coming out over there, especially the East Coast having to wait so much longer, but we still haven't got ours released yet... I have my B&N case on pre-order, hopefully I did it early enough to get in the first wave that is released as I waited too long with WBs because I wanted to see what the ratios were like before I chose which cases I was getting, but not this time... Getting a bunch of LOTR sent over from a source in the U.S. (all the commons and 1/24s and a couple of Galdriels for trade bait) and they've only just landed in Sydney (hopefully not a full week in customs this time!) so when my B&N case gets in I'm hoping I can sell off the ones I've already got and maybe luck out with the rares, since B&N has the widest selection of them...

*crosses fingers*

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Found a fresh case at FYE today and ended up with another Nazgul. I'm going to try to go for the full 9 (well, 8 Nazgul to go with the Witch King). Only 6 left to go..

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:00 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:Found a fresh case at FYE today and ended up with another Nazgul. I'm going to try to go for the full 9 (well, 8 Nazgul to go with the Witch King). Only 6 left to go..

If you end up packing the attempt in, I'd love to put my hand up for a spare Nazgul please :D

Dayhiker

Postby Dayhiker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:Found a fresh case at FYE today and ended up with another Nazgul. I'm going to try to go for the full 9 (well, 8 Nazgul to go with the Witch King). Only 6 left to go..

im doing the same... 4 more nazgul to go... good luck to us both and those trying to complete The Nine!

Arnold11

Postby Arnold11 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:10 am

These are some of my favorite minis. The details on them are amazing. Luckily I don’t collect them though. The ratios are crazy. At least Hot Topic

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am

Super bummed that I found a Lurtz on Mercari and used up some credits to get him, only to have the seller cancel it. Pretty sure he just threw it up on ebay too.
ISO Mystery Minis!

uhh

Postby uhh » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:26 am

kihou wrote:Super bummed that I found a Lurtz on Mercari and used up some credits to get him, only to have the seller cancel it. Pretty sure he just threw it up on ebay too.

That does stink. How much did he have it listed for?

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 am

uhh wrote:
kihou wrote:Super bummed that I found a Lurtz on Mercari and used up some credits to get him, only to have the seller cancel it. Pretty sure he just threw it up on ebay too.

I think it was originally $75 shipped.
ISO Mystery Minis!

uhh

Postby uhh » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:08 pm

kihou wrote:
uhh wrote:

I think it was originally $75 shipped.

You're right he probably saw eBay(shill bidding) were higher and decided to go try his luck there. Maybe you'll get lucky and HT will have a restock

Jdawgdaddy

Postby Jdawgdaddy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:28 pm

Mystlurker wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

I'm in the US (San Francisco), so no competition other than the occasional Popcultcha order I do.

I like how you did the graph, I am going to have to start and do that

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Jdawgdaddy wrote:I like how you did the graph, I am going to have to start and do that

Cheers... yeah, those Harry potter S2 and Star Wars minis with their wacky weight variations really drove the need for it...

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Man these things are awesome, but they're killin' me! I do have an extra GITD Galadriel and a Sauron, gold gimli and invis. Frodo. Still need Arwen, Galadriel, Nazgul, Eowyn and Lurtz. New shipments seem to have dried up at HT and B&N around me.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Megacam wrote:Man these things are awesome, but they're killin' me! I do have an extra GITD Galadriel and a Sauron, gold gimli and invis. Frodo. Still need Arwen, Galadriel, Nazgul, Eowyn and Lurtz. New shipments seem to have dried up at HT and B&N around me.

Do you have anything else you'd trade that glow galadriel for? That's one of the last four I need, and one of my most wanted!
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:18 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:
Megacam wrote:Man these things are awesome, but they're killin' me! I do have an extra GITD Galadriel and a Sauron, gold gimli and invis. Frodo. Still need Arwen, Galadriel, Nazgul, Eowyn and Lurtz. New shipments seem to have dried up at HT and B&N around me.

Do you have anything else you'd trade that glow galadriel for? That's one of the last four I need, and one of my most wanted!

maybe, send me a PM!

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:17 pm

my new take on the Nine, after doing a Target mystery mini run:

Last edited by mrxdoe on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:18 pm

my new take on the Nine, after doing a Target mystery mini run:

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Found a LOTR MM at a TRU closing near my house, it was a Samwise, again :( Even at 50% off, I feel let down. Ha! The fun and downs of MM hunting. 8-[
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

Return to “Blind Bags”