Bob’s Big Boy

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
badger

Bob’s Big Boy

Postby badger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Today’s addition to the collection, and my first wobbler: LE 1000 1998 Big Boy!
This is a really awesome piece of funko history, and I’m very happy to own it!
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

_ZROE

Re: Bob’s Big Boy

Postby _ZROE » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:20 pm

That’s a nice piece! I still need one for myself.

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Very very nice. Excellent piece for a collection.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Congrats, a lot more interest in this one after the premiere. Glad for everyone to have one :)
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

becks77

Postby becks77 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Nice Score! I've been looking to get one, but the ones I've seen aren't numbered. Yet they are claimed as 1998 Edition Big Boy. Was there a separate run to the LE1000?

badger wrote:Today’s addition to the collection, and my first wobbler: LE 1000 1998 Big Boy!
:freddy3: Hello, I'm Becks | Los Angeles, CA
Instagram: @west_coast_pop_n

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm

very nice
- tauntaunking on instagram

Lasd6141

Postby Lasd6141 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm

I love this wobbler ! Takes me back to the original Funko days
ImageImageImage

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Such a beautiful piece of Funko History. Congrats!
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:19 pm

badger wrote:Today’s addition to the collection, and my first wobbler: LE 1000 1998 Big Boy!

Ever since I watched the Making Fun movie, I've been itchin' for one of these :P

Congratulations on the new addition :)
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Do all the first edition ones have that numbered sticker on them?

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576

badger

Postby badger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am

dork_knight wrote:

I’m not exactly sure, would you mind telling me what part they had in the movie? I wasn’t able to go

mikes_toybox

Postby mikes_toybox » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am

Dude, welcome to the club. Hee hee hee.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 am

Nice!!!! Congrats! I need one too :/. I want an original one as well.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Congrats on that amazing piece!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 pm

badger wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I’m not exactly sure, would you mind telling me what part they had in the movie? I wasn’t able to go

Ohhh...I'm excited for when you get to watch it :)

There was a whole segment on how Mike took a box of these to a store in Universal, to have them sell.

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Awesome edition! We’re hoping to find one to go with our big boy pop

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Congrats Lewis! That's a really rad first wobbler. What a way to start!
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Oh snap! I may need to get one of these now! Haha! Looks great, nice pick up.

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

congrats! It’s an awesome piece, def one of my favorite wobblers
Image Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Awesome addition. Congrats!
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Very awesome, an amazing original.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Super awesome original,piece.....

I still need to hunt down a big boy pop, and not have to cut off my left arm for it...
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Very nice! I'm not huge on wobblers but definitely feel like I need this in my collection someday though because of its historical significance. Plus, Big Boy.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm

I've been looking Funkos Wobbler catalog and this is one just made the list for me to hunt down, such an awesome piece, congrats!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Congratulations on an awesome Big Boy Wobbler!! That is the one that started it all, so most definitely a piece of history there!! Now you should get the other versions too :razz:

Here is a reference for some of the other Big Boy Wobblers if you find it useful.. :thumbright:

I know, i know....you all must be saying, "why so many Big Boy's!?" Well, Funko actually had 8 “different”Big Boy Wobblers by the time they vaulted him. These included here from my collection actually shows some of the differences, while the others are simply more font size variances or unintended errors, such as the trademark symbol being left off.

As you can see, two different types of boxes from the front view, the "Bobbing Head" box & the "Funko Bobble-Head" box.. Only two with a sticker are the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998, which were 1 of 1000 and individually numbered; i have 605 as you can see. The second, has the "Bob's Burbank Anniversary" sticker, this also being 1 of 1000, but not individually numbered.

To really tell the difference you must take them out of the box to inspect their bases, as these are the main differences between the 5 i have.
(LEFT - RIGHT)
The Red Base is the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998.
The White Base is the Burbank Anniversary Big Boy, with the base saying, "Bob's Burbank 50th Anniversary"
The white base in the middle with the base saying, "Home of the Double Decker" with the standard print font
Next one also has a white base with "Home of the Double Decker", but this one has the same font as the original and first Big Boy by Funko
Last one also has "Home of the Double Decker" on the base, but is a silver base. This one also is done in more of a matte finish and is not glossy as the previous Big Boys.

What does it all mean....i have no idea lol With every second and third production wave, slight unintentional variants were created and released leaving funatics in a frenzy to try to catch one of each ](*,)

Only a few minor noticeable differences on the bottoms of the boxes...the first Big Boy also has it's individual number stickered to the base, while the 4th box is the same on the bottom, but without the numbered sticker.

Very minor differences on the rear of the boxes as well, with all sporting the same "1998 Elias Brothers" printing except the Silver based Big Boy on the RIGHT end, which is listed as "2001 Big Boy Restaurants INT LLC". Other than that, two have a slightly more cramped History paragraph style, while the other three have spacing and a few of the details about Wian being scrambled.

Fun times!! :compress:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

badger

Postby badger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:53 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

Congratulations on an awesome Big Boy Wobbler!! That is the one that started it all, so most definitely a piece of history there!! Now you should get the other versions too :razz:

Here is a reference for some of the other Big Boy Wobblers if you find it useful.. :thumbright:

I know, i know....you all must be saying, "why so many Big Boy's!?" Well, Funko actually had 8 “different”Big Boy Wobblers by the time they vaulted him. These included here from my collection actually shows some of the differences, while the others are simply more font size variances or unintended errors, such as the trademark symbol being left off.

As you can see, two different types of boxes from the front view, the "Bobbing Head" box & the "Funko Bobble-Head" box.. Only two with a sticker are the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998, which were 1 of 1000 and individually numbered; i have 605 as you can see. The second, has the "Bob's Burbank Anniversary" sticker, this also being 1 of 1000, but not individually numbered.

To really tell the difference you must take them out of the box to inspect their bases, as these are the main differences between the 5 i have.
(LEFT - RIGHT)
The White Base is the Burbank Anniversary Big Boy, with the base saying, "Bob's Burbank 50th Anniversary"
The white base in the middle with the base saying, "Home of the Double Decker" with the standard print font
Next one also has a white base with "Home of the Double Decker", but this one has the same font as the original and first Big Boy by Funko
Last one also has "Home of the Double Decker" on the base, but is a silver base. This one also is done in more of a matte finish and is not glossy as the previous Big Boys.

What does it all mean....i have no idea lol With every second and third production wave, slight unintentional variants were created and released leaving funatics in a frenzy to try to catch one of each ](*,)

Only a few minor noticeable differences on the bottoms of the boxes...the first Big Boy also has it's individual number stickered to the base, while the 4th box is the same on the bottom, but without the numbered sticker.

Very minor differences on the rear of the boxes as well, with all sporting the same "1998 Elias Brothers" printing except the Silver based Big Boy on the RIGHT end, which is listed as "2001 Big Boy Restaurants INT LLC". Other than that, two have a slightly more cramped History paragraph style, while the other three have spacing and a few of the details about Wian being scrambled.

Wow! What a collection. Thanks for the little history lesson. By the way, do you know how to clean old cardboard boxes? My big boy box is quite dirty and I was wondering if it was possible to fix it

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:09 am

badger wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

(LEFT - RIGHT)

Wow! What a collection. Thanks for the little history lesson. By the way, do you know how to clean old cardboard boxes? My big boy box is quite dirty and I was wondering if it was possible to fix it

It is possible to wipe them off but you have to be very careful as the box material is very thin and easily faded. I’ve used lens cleaning wipes that are barely wet and then be sure to dry the box back off gently and quickly. Avoid scrubbing too vigorously or you may end up causing more harm than good.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Very cool piece of wobbler history especially after hearing the history of it on "Making Fun". Congrats!
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:14 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

(LEFT - RIGHT)

My box OCD is out of friggen control right now! Haha

Iheartfunko

Postby Iheartfunko » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:27 am

He looks sick. Where did you find him?
:freddy4:

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:31 am

Thank you for the wonderful history. They are really special.

badger

Postby badger » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 am

Iheartfunko wrote:He looks sick. Where did you find him?

Got him off eBay for a great price of $20!

mindrek

Postby mindrek » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:00 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

(LEFT - RIGHT)

Perfect explanation, thanks!

This very first wobbler is very hard to find currently, im the happy owner of number 897 (i think, can't remember exactly)
:freddy2:
new to forums, collecting since 2014.
Current ISO : Batman Bobble Head Chase & Batman Metallic SDCC 2010 (Box)
Instagram! @mindrek

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:15 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

(LEFT - RIGHT)

That is soo cool. Thanks for the bit of history
**IF EMAILING ME THRU PROFILE DOES NOT WORK PLEASE SEND PM**

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7
Started Collecting Summer'14
Mystified by the sold out Groot; Stayed for the Community
:director: Working and having fun in TV/Film

ImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Man this is a cool piece I want one now
:freddy3:

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:31 am

badger wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

The movie was telling the story of how they gave the 1st batch of wacky wobblers of big boys burgers to Big boy burger to see if they would even sell and they sold out pretty fast. And it was to obtain the big boy license.

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:52 am

Congrats on adding it to your collection. Nice piece of Funko history right there. I might need to add one to my collection also.

Iheartfunko

Postby Iheartfunko » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:13 pm

badger wrote:
Iheartfunko wrote:He looks sick. Where did you find him?

Got him off eBay for a great price of $20!

That’s a great price. eBay have been a miss lately for me.
:freddy4:

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 am

Great post Josh!!! That is all the Big Boy Wobblers in a nutshell!

Congrats on scoring a numbered Big Boy. They are getting hard to find and now with the movie out there, these will be snapped up quickly.

Of the original 1000 piece edition, I have #0555 and have had it in my collection for about 17 years. I had a couple more, but gave them to other newbies over the years.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:12 am

Congratulations on the find! I was able to get one of these numbered ones last year. I was inspired to get one shortly after attending the Funko HQ Grand Opening. Definitely one of my favorite pieces in my entire collection.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”