My first wobblers!!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Truth2500

My first wobblers!!

Postby Truth2500 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 pm

So I got my first wacky wobblers today. Well technically mini. I got the kiss 4pack and couldn't be more excited. As I was looking through the forums I think I am starting to like these a little more than pops. I really want to start collecting the cars. Any advice for a new collector of these guys. I know they're generally much older than pops so condition of boxes is more worn but should I worry about box condition as much. Is ppg an accurate value assessment. I don't wanna end up paying too much if I don't have to (obviously). Any tips for finding some of these older pieces, I live in Boston proper so knick knack shops aren't as common. But any tips, advice, or information on collecting wobblers in general is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Edit. I plan on displaying out of box.
Current need: Mr. Met

BerserkerBlack

Re: My first wobblers!!

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:45 pm

Truth2500 wrote:So I got my first wacky wobblers today. Well technically mini. I got the kiss 4pack and couldn't be more excited. As I was looking through the forums I think I am starting to like these a little more than pops. I really want to start collecting the cars. Any advice for a new collector of these guys. I know they're generally much older than pops so condition of boxes is more worn but should I worry about box condition as much. Is ppg an accurate value assessment. I don't wanna end up paying too much if I don't have to (obviously). Any tips for finding some of these older pieces, I live in Boston proper so knick knack shops aren't as common. But any tips, advice, or information on collecting wobblers in general is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

I discovered Wobblers about a year and a half ago. My first wobber as a Legit Funko collector was an SDCC Cthulhu I found for $4 at a thrift store. From there I got hooked. I actually hunt more for wobblers than I do for pops. They are a great piece of Funko History and they are to me more fun to hunt since they are not in every store. My suggestion is look at thrift stores and garage sales. I find most of mine through other Funatics or Ebay. PPG is half way accurate because they are not easy to track down for the majority of them. I would just keep looking and comparing.

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:37 am

Congrats on your first wobbler! I also recently started collecting wobblers they are my new favorite! The 20” ones are so cute we just purchased Tom & Jerry.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:53 am

Truth2500 wrote:So I got my first wacky wobblers today. Well technically mini. I got the kiss 4pack and couldn't be more excited. As I was looking through the forums I think I am starting to like these a little more than pops. I really want to start collecting the cars. Any advice for a new collector of these guys. I know they're generally much older than pops so condition of boxes is more worn but should I worry about box condition as much. Is ppg an accurate value assessment. I don't wanna end up paying too much if I don't have to (obviously). Any tips for finding some of these older pieces, I live in Boston proper so knick knack shops aren't as common. But any tips, advice, or information on collecting wobblers in general is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Congrats! I have been collecting Funko since 1999 and my house is filled with it. Wacky Wobblers are my favorite line they ever did. I would not use the PPG to price wobblers. The PPG is the Pop Price Guide, they know very little about Wobblers. Search Ebay for the pieces you want. The Bobble-Cars are getting harder to find, but if you are going to display them out of the box, then you should be okay. Mint condition older Funko boxes are pretty HTF at this point and everybody has a different version of "mint". Just collect what you like and you will be a happy funko collector!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Truth2500

Postby Truth2500 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Thanks! For the reply and the advice

vallina

Postby vallina » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:45 am

Congrats!! show us some pics when you've got them displayed. :)

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:59 pm

I feel this may become a thing for me .... cool vintage finds at a local comic shop! :freddy3:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Congrats !!! :D

Wackys are soooo great love the details, you can search for the wacky wobbler 20 inches, rides, mini, banks, wisecracks, freddy´s and polystone(hope i don´t forget another style).

my advice is, check you local comic book store sometimes you can found good stuff there, also ebay is where almost all wackys are and check the sellers listings
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Congrats! You could always take a trip to Wild Bill's http://www.wildbillsonline.com Not too far from Boston. I've never been but it's on the bucket list.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:47 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:I feel this may become a thing for me .... cool vintage finds at a local comic shop! :freddy3:

That Big Top Freddy is the joint!

mikes_toybox

Postby mikes_toybox » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Mine was a Batman Wacky Wobbler.

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:47 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:I feel this may become a thing for me .... cool vintage finds at a local comic shop! :freddy3:

U got it? I was going to go get the bone daddy ?
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Not a bad first wobbler I think :)

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Munkyss4

Postby Munkyss4 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 pm

I got Kylo Ren and Batman. The one I really like and
want is Señor Gomez :-)
:freddy3:

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:33 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:

U got it? I was going to go get the bone daddy ?

I did :freddy2:

Hi, I'm JASON!
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:34 pm

emoagogo wrote:Not a bad first wobbler I think :)

Ooooh so much awesome in this pic!!!!

Hi, I'm JASON!

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Munkyss4 wrote:I got Kylo Ren and Batman. The one I really like and

That Kylo looks a but weird to me... maybe its his hood? Is there a non hood version? :brilsmurf:

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:37 pm

That wobbler ride is pretty awesome!

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Congrats on your first wobblers!
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:04 pm

BenLo wrote:

LOL! I honestly didnt even notice it was a Wobbler ride! Thats awesome!

Munkyss4

Postby Munkyss4 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

JohnnyQwest wrote:

That Kylo looks a but weird to me... maybe its his hood? Is there a non hood version? :brilsmurf:

Not sure :-k

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Munkyss4 wrote:
JohnnyQwest wrote:

Not sure :-k

Now I'm curious... lol #-o

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 am

JohnnyQwest wrote:
BenLo wrote:

I do think the clown Freddy is a bit scary.

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:37 am

nice find! Local comic shops are the best. Do your local comic stores usually carry those vintage items?

Betty Boop
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby Betty Boop » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 pm

My first wobbler was Betty Boop Biker, and i have been addicted ever since \:D/
My name is Betty AKA Boop
September 2009 Collector of the Month
Hall of Fame 2011

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 pm

I recently found that I owned a 1966 Batman Wacky Wobbler. It was gifted to me a few years back.

At recent cons, I've been eyeing them more and more ever since I attended the premiere.

At Silicon Valley Comic Con, I purchased my first Wacky Wobbler. It was a French Maid Betty Boop. Couldn't pass it up because I love that her duster was make of stringy material. Love it when they use different mediums to enhance a figure :)
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Betty Boop wrote:My first wobbler was Betty Boop Biker, and i have been addicted ever since \:D/

Hi Betty!!!!!!

How are things in the Hawkeye state?
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Truth2500

Postby Truth2500 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:54 pm

dork_knight wrote:

I recently found that I owned a 1966 Batman Wacky Wobbler. It was gifted to me a few years back.

At recent cons, I've been eyeing them more and more ever since I attended the premiere.

At Silicon Valley Comic Con, I purchased my first Wacky Wobbler. It was a French Maid Betty Boop. Couldn't pass it up because I love that her duster was make of stringy material. Love it when they use different mediums to enhance a figure :)

Congrats on Betty! I'm looking forward to hunting them at a con and seeing what folks have. I still haven't gone to any antique shops but I will soon. Really interested to see what's out there.

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Truth2500 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Congrats on Betty! I'm looking forward to hunting them at a con and seeing what folks have. I still haven't gone to any antique shops but I will soon. Really interested to see what's out there.

May The Force be with you on your hunt!

Were there any particular wobblers you were trying to keep an eye out for?
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Pretty awesome looking, I can see why it may become a thing for you :)
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:48 am

BenLo wrote:
JohnnyQwest wrote:
BenLo wrote:

LOL, I can see that. If it movies on it's own for any reason, I may toss it out the window :eek:

Hi, I'm JASON!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:50 am

Hqsdfan619 wrote:

nice find! Local comic shops are the best. Do your local comic stores usually carry those vintage items?

They don't normally. I think this was a randomness. Most of their stuff was all newish, even their figures and TPB were new within 2 years. :idea:

Hi, I'm JASON!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 am

dolphinax2 wrote:

Pretty awesome looking, I can see why it may become a thing for you :)

I was looking around on eBay and saw some that I REALLY like. I didn't pull the trigger, yet :-"

Hi, I'm JASON!

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:29 am

That's a great one to have! And he looks like he is in great condition. Many of them were transported around from toy show to convention to stores and have some issues, bent springs, scratches, etc. Mine included... my head leans to one side and i haven't gotten around to trying to fix it yet, so the paint on the bottom of the head has rubbed off onto his tie. I'm afraid to try and fix him though.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

JohnnyQwest

Postby JohnnyQwest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm

BenLo wrote:
JohnnyQwest wrote:
BenLo wrote:

Great, now thats all I can see... lol :clown:

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:

That's a great one to have! And he looks like he is in great condition. Many of them were transported around from toy show to convention to stores and have some issues, bent springs, scratches, etc. Mine included... my head leans to one side and i haven't gotten around to trying to fix it yet, so the paint on the bottom of the head has rubbed off onto his tie. I'm afraid to try and fix him though.

He came brand new in the box!! The listing showed it new in bag and even still with the neck stuffing. He’s in amazing condition for being almost 20 years old!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 am

misterjstewart wrote:Congrats! You could always take a trip to Wild Bill's http://www.wildbillsonline.com Not too far from Boston. I've never been but it's on the bucket list.

:freddy3: thank you for sharing picked me up a jabber jaw

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:04 am

emoagogo wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:

He came brand new in the box!! The listing showed it new in bag and even still with the neck stuffing. He’s in amazing condition for being almost 20 years old![/quote
]

An amazing piece to your collection and definitely a piece of funko history congrats!! :freddy3:

Truth2500

Postby Truth2500 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:22 pm

dork_knight wrote:

I really want the Luke and Darth Vader in their respective ships. Then maybe the other car ones.

fulcaire

Postby fulcaire » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:34 am

Truth2500 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I really want the Luke and Darth Vader in their respective ships. Then maybe the other car ones.

The Luke and Darth Vader are quality... they look beautiful :eek:
ImageImage

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”