Solo: A Star Wars Story Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
hellojayare

Solo: A Star Wars Story Mystery Minis

Postby hellojayare » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Funko officially showed off the glams of the new set including exclusives but strangely listed Target as having all 6. Not sure if it's a mistake but I would be blown away if they expect us to track down two different distributions of these. Hopefully we find out they just forgot to add in the second retailer who will have the second set.

nightschwing

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Mystery Minis

Postby nightschwing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:22 pm

At least the exclusives seem to be mostly variants, which is cool for folks who just want one of each character. Hopefully that exclusive Range Trooper will be easy to get.

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:51 pm

These are all broken into lots of 12, does it mean each retailer set will be boxes of 1/12?

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:09 pm

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:These are all broken into lots of 12, does it mean each retailer set will be boxes of 1/12?

Only in our dreams. I saw a reddit post of the back of the common box over the weekend. The ratios are similar to Infinity War. Han, Chewbacca, Qi’ra and Woody Harrelson’s character are 1/6, and then there are two each of 1/12, 1/24, 1/36 and 1/72 characters. I think Lando is 1/12.

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 pm

nightschwing wrote:
natasha_romanov_85 wrote:These are all broken into lots of 12, does it mean each retailer set will be boxes of 1/12?

Only in our dreams. I saw a reddit post of the back of the common box over the weekend. The ratios are similar to Infinity War. Han, Chewbacca, Qi’ra and Woody Harrelson’s character are 1/6, and then there are two each of 1/12, 1/24, 1/36 and 1/72 characters. I think Lando is 1/12.

It was a nice dream while it lasted. :(

I hate that there's so many 1/6s, two was bad enough with TLJ but four here? I avoided IW MMs because of four 1/6s (plus I have waaay too many MCU Pops) but I'll give these a go I suppose. I won't go as mad as I did for TLJ though, that's for sure.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:It was a nice dream while it lasted. :(

I hate that there's so many 1/6s, two was bad enough with TLJ but four here? I avoided IW MMs because of four 1/6s (plus I have waaay too many MCU Pops) but I'll give these a go I suppose. I won't go as mad as I did for TLJ though, that's for sure.

Here’s a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/ ... is_wave_1/

I’m guessing that the two sets of three exclusives will follow the Infinity War model: one 1/24, one 1/36 and one 1/72.

You’re smart to avoid the Infinity War disaster! The ratios on the boxes aren’t even correct, which makes it that much harder to track down everything.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Nope! There is a leaked pic with ratios.

Don't want to deal with images right now, but here is a link: http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/04/0 ... haracters/

Supposing that the ratios of the characters that remain don't change, the top exclusive set will have a 1/6, 1/24 and 1/36 exclusive and the bottom will have a 1/6, 1/24 and 1/72 exclusive.

Again, this supposes that the characters that remain from the common set have the same ratios and I have no idea which exclusive will have which ratio.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:36 pm

I like lando and the 1/72 gal with the gun. If there is an opportunity I would pick up a lando.
- tauntaunking on instagram

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Well those odds suck. I might see if I can sit out buying them individually and try and pick up a lot online a bit later. I've already taken a big hit on TLJ ones. *glances at my eight Phasmas and five BB-8s*

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:53 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Supposing that the ratios of the characters that remain don't change, the top exclusive set will have a 1/6, 1/24 and 1/36 exclusive and the bottom will have a 1/6, 1/24 and 1/72 exclusive.

Again, this supposes that the characters that remain from the common set have the same ratios and I have no idea which exclusive will have which ratio.

Good point about the character ratios that are being replaced. I didn’t take that into consideration. (Of course we’re assuming that Funko is printing the correct ratios on the boxes to begin with. Which they haven’t been doing very well lately.)

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 pm

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:Well those odds suck. I might see if I can sit out buying them individually and try and pick up a lot online a bit later. I've already taken a big hit on TLJ ones. *glances at my eight Phasmas and five BB-8s*

Do you have a scale? I know some collectors consider it cheating, but I bought a scale at the end of last fall, and it’s helped me cut down on erroneous Mini purchases so so so much. But it might not help much with a series like Solo, where a lot of the characters look like they’ll have similar weights.

Also I actually managed to somehow totally avoid BB-8 while I collected the Last Jedi Minis, so I’ll keep you in mind when I decide to pull that trigger.

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:50 pm

nightschwing wrote:Do you have a scale? I know some collectors consider it cheating, but I bought a scale at the end of last fall, and it’s helped me cut down on erroneous Mini purchases so so so much. But it might not help much with a series like Solo, where a lot of the characters look like they’ll have similar weights.

Also I actually managed to somehow totally avoid BB-8 while I collected the Last Jedi Minis, so I’ll keep you in mind when I decide to pull that trigger.

Nah I don't have a scale, I did think about it briefly but they're kinda expensive here, and I am actually trying to cut down. lol And I do think about the ones that have a lot of similarly weighted characters and how it might not help then.

Lucky you avoiding BB-8. Although I should tell you that I live in NZ so I might not be the best person to get him from. :(

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:01 pm

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:Nah I don't have a scale, I did think about it briefly but they're kinda expensive here, and I am actually trying to cut down. lol And I do think about the ones that have a lot of similarly weighted characters and how it might not help then.

Lucky you avoiding BB-8. Although I should tell you that I live in NZ so I might not be the best person to get him from. :(

Whoops! I tend to think everyone is my neighbor, haha.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:06 am

Hoping to find a cheapish lot online. I’m in too deep with the SW Minis. Can’t just back out now. Hoping the exclusives aren’t too expensive on the secondary market.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:22 pm

So nobody else finds it strange that Funko said Target is getting 6 exclusives in this set?

MillenniumFunko

Postby MillenniumFunko » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 am

hellojayare wrote:So nobody else finds it strange that Funko said Target is getting 6 exclusives in this set?

From what i found on the google machine, that one of the exclusive sets was going to be the Toys R Us exclusive.
Star Wars Pop! & WWE Collector
Collecting 2yrs
Pop! Count: 127
First Pop!: #64 C-3P0
Latest Pop!: #56 Asuka (Green Mask)

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:48 am

MillenniumFunko wrote:
hellojayare wrote:So nobody else finds it strange that Funko said Target is getting 6 exclusives in this set?

From what i found on the google machine, that one of the exclusive sets was going to be the Toys R Us exclusive.

This is better. Even if you have to ask just for a case (assuming you are asking because nothing is on the floor), they are more obliged to bring it out from the back because not many people collect these compared to pops. Same chance as any to get exclusives, but least you get first crack. Least this was my experience with Rick and Morty. Got an evil morty, regular mr meeseeks and ghost in a jar that way. TRU was always more hit or miss when they went out and if it wasn't out, you wasted the trip.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:12 am

MillenniumFunko wrote:

Really? TRU?

Also, has anyone found these yet? I was wondering if they'd release today?

Jarpo

Postby Jarpo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:11 pm

I picked up a full case from Hot Topic and then another six from another Hot Topic. Here are my weights and the layout of the full case. Good luck!

Solo - Common box
TBL - 51.0 Han
TML - 58.4 (Full shrink) Trooper
TFL - 55.6 (Full shrink) Lando
TBR - 51.1 Han
TMR - 60.4 Enfys Nest
TFR - 59.2 (Full shrink) Rio Durant

BBL - 74.0 Chewie
BML - 56.5 Tobias
BFL - 53.9 Qi'ra
BBR - 73.5 Chewie
BMR - 57.0 Tobias
BFR - 52.6 Qi'ra

Randoms from common box
51.3 - Han
57.4 - Dryden
59.3 - Rio Durant
50.2 - Han
55.9 - Tobias
56.5 - Lando

Jarpo

Postby Jarpo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:21 pm

By the way, minis are buy two get one free @ Hot Topic right now AND you can use Hot Cash. I think mine averaged out to about $3 per Mini.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Looks like the bottom set of exclusives is GameStop. I just found this in a GameStop e-mail:

https://imgur.com/a/oxFHS

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Same layout for me at HT, but switch top and bottom layers. Pulled L3!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Got two today and got Val and Qi'ra!

Would love to eventually get the Range Trooper, Lando, Enfys Nest and L3!
Image Image Image Image

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:10 pm

nightschwing wrote:Looks like the bottom set of exclusives is GameStop. I just found this in a GameStop e-mail:

That is great news! Good find. I was dreading trying to find 2 different Solo sets at 1 place.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 pm

I'll be honest, this display box is one of the nicest Funko has put out in a while. I'm not entirely sold on the switch to just a square "flag" display topper (instead of cut around the characters) but the embossed MM logo is a cool touch.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 pm

I bought 4 from HT and 3 from GS. My luck, I now have 3 Han Solo's, 3 Chewbacca's and 1 Tobias.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 pm

I know we aren't really supposed to be trading here, but if anybody either doesn't want an L3-37 or would just rather have a Val, please feel free to PM me!
Image Image Image Image

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am

Picked up 3 random boxes from Gamestop yesterday. Pulled Chewie, Qi'ra, and the Moloch Henchman. Happy to get a fairly nice pull in the Moloch and also happy to not get dupes. I might buy one more set of random boxes with Hot Cash and then resort to Ebay for the remainder.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

MillenniumFunko

Postby MillenniumFunko » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:31 am

nightschwing wrote:Looks like the bottom set of exclusives is GameStop. I just found this in a GameStop e-mail:

Anyway we can confirm this?
Collecting 2yrs

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 am

yokofox33 wrote:Picked up 3 random boxes from Gamestop yesterday. Pulled Chewie, Qi'ra, and the Moloch Henchman. Happy to get a fairly nice pull in the Moloch and also happy to not get dupes. I might buy one more set of random boxes with Hot Cash and then resort to Ebay for the remainder.

That’s awesome! Can you confirm that GameStop has the bottom set of exclusives in the original post?

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:43 am

MillenniumFunko wrote:Anyway we can confirm this?

I just asked yokofox33. He/she picked up some GameStop boxes yesterday.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:51 am

nightschwing wrote:
yokofox33 wrote:Picked up 3 random boxes from Gamestop yesterday. Pulled Chewie, Qi'ra, and the Moloch Henchman. Happy to get a fairly nice pull in the Moloch and also happy to not get dupes. I might buy one more set of random boxes with Hot Cash and then resort to Ebay for the remainder.

That’s awesome! Can you confirm that GameStop has the bottom set of exclusives in the original post?

The boxes I bought did not contain those exclusives in the ratios. The ratios just listed to common set. I didn't check if any other boxes had them because I just found out about that email this morning. Unfortunately I can't confirm if Gamestop has exclusives or not.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:10 pm

yokofox33 wrote:The boxes I bought did not contain those exclusives in the ratios. The ratios just listed to common set. I didn't check if any other boxes had them because I just found out about that email this morning. Unfortunately I can't confirm if Gamestop has exclusives or not.

Weird! But anything is possible. I hit up three Walmarts looking for the Infinity War Mystery Minis last night. Two of them only had common cases. One of them had three common cases and three exclusive cases. I have prepared myself for disappointment when I start checking the Targets around here.

MillenniumFunko

Postby MillenniumFunko » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:44 pm

yokofox33 wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

The boxes I bought did not contain those exclusives in the ratios. The ratios just listed to common set. I didn't check if any other boxes had them because I just found out about that email this morning. Unfortunately I can't confirm if Gamestop has exclusives or not.

Thank you for your effort....So until we get conformation all 6 are still Target exclusive.
Collecting 2yrs

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Just saw these at Hot Topic, I had to fight it so hard because there are so many characters I don’t care anout(yet). Plus the ones I do want are 1/6.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

ssdautocity

Postby ssdautocity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 am

I like them but I think I might have to pass on them as money is a little tight right now :(

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Anyone know who the character is with the red outfit and helmet with a boba fett type thingy on it? Is this a mandalorean?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:Anyone know who the character is with the red outfit and helmet with a boba fett type thingy on it? Is this a mandalorean?

He's someone's henchman. Like, "Bob's Henchman".
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 am

Jarpo wrote:By the way, minis are buy two get one free @ Hot Topic right now AND you can use Hot Cash. I think mine averaged out to about $3 per Mini.

You are correct. Walked in just to browse, of course with Hot Cash in hand (more like pocket). While checking out the MMs, an associate told me about the deal and it is combinable with Hot Cash. Got a few of these and Incredibles 2 MMs. Had a $5 reward on top! Candice came to $3 after tax. Excited to get Lando and Chewie!
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 am

Ar7 wrote:
Jarpo wrote:By the way, minis are buy two get one free @ Hot Topic right now AND you can use Hot Cash. I think mine averaged out to about $3 per Mini.

You are correct. Walked in just to browse, of course with Hot Cash in hand (more like pocket). While checking out the MMs, an associate told me about the deal and it is combinable with Hot Cash. Got a few of these and Incredibles 2 MMs. Had a $5 reward on top! Candice came to $3 after tax. Excited to get Lando and Chewie!

Last time I went the manager told me the $5 gets deducted before the Hot Cash so by doing that sometimes it works against you.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”