Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
nightschwing

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby nightschwing » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Found a fresh case at my Barnes & Noble too, but the layout was definitely mixed up. (Not sure if that was an employee’s doing, or if this is similar to what happened with the first series at Barnes & Noble.) I bought two boxes and wound up with Ginny and Trevor. It’s a long shot, but hopefully this will enable me to trade with someone who has a spare Sirius or Buckbeak.

Baseman314

Postby Baseman314 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Yea it sucks I still need the big hitters which will end up costing me probably quite a bit to finally get them.
Pops: 6000+
Autographed Pops: 600+
Dorbz: 5
Rock Candy: 100
Mystery Mini: 300
Sodas: 150

IG: Mike_Funko_Collector

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Does anyone know if Box A in series 2 available at any store/website?? Thanks
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Kaedwyn

Postby Kaedwyn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Was beyond thrilled to find fresh cases at B&N, got Arnold and was finally able compete myseries 2 exclusives!! :D :D :D

I still need Bellatrix but I'm not overly worried about finding her

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 pm

I wonder if Hot Topic will get a surprise restock like Barnes & Noble.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Kaedwyn wrote:Was beyond thrilled to find fresh cases at B&N, got Arnold and was finally able compete myseries 2 exclusives!! :D :D :D

NICE!! congrats

@nightschwing I really hope they do as well [-o<
- tauntaunking on instagram

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 am

The Ebay market, SMH. So right now the only Buckbeak up on there is by the same person who has sold 9 others all using the same picture, luckiest scale-er ever? or shady AF?

Im (no so) patiently waiting for a real sale to come along

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:12 am

Ugh the hunt forever goes on for Trevor and Buckbeak. I really wish HT would restock - if B&N can do it so can they!
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

marromero

Postby marromero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Lonikins wrote:Ugh the hunt forever goes on for Trevor and Buckbeak. I really wish HT would restock - if B&N can do it so can they!

You know the two Hot Topic's near me do not usually restock a lot of their minis I just realized that until now. How odd is that. :-s :-k

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 am

marromero wrote:
Lonikins wrote:Ugh the hunt forever goes on for Trevor and Buckbeak. I really wish HT would restock - if B&N can do it so can they!

You know the two Hot Topic's near me do not usually restock a lot of their minis I just realized that until now. How odd is that. :-s :-k

I think it's a HT thing. B&N sometimes restocks, but HT is usually without a restock, which really stinks.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

marromero

Postby marromero » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Lonikins wrote:
marromero wrote:

I think it's a HT thing. B&N sometimes restocks, but HT is usually without a restock, which really stinks.

Oh ok that makes sense then I thought I was just one of the few unlucky people with HT not restocking.

funkosentinel

Postby funkosentinel » Sun May 06, 2018 1:14 am

Is there anyone willing to help out with or sell Trevor, Selkie or George Weasley for below eBay prices please? I'm hoping to complete the series before the new wave comes out soon. :-/ Thank you.
Funko Funatic since 2015 \:D/

cheshire-cat09

Postby cheshire-cat09 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Kaedwyn wrote:Was beyond thrilled to find fresh cases at B&N, got Arnold and was finally able compete myseries 2 exclusives!! :D :D :D

Congrats!! I don't think my BN ever did a restock, so I'm still missing Arnold and Trevor, but Trevor i'm not so concerned about, i would just really like the puff. lol.
Hi, my name is Allison
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Image Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Hot Topic is ignoring all 200 emails a day I have been sending them requesting a restock :hiding:

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 pm

opopssum wrote:Hot Topic is ignoring all 200 emails a day I have been sending them requesting a restock :hiding:

We should all get together and mass email blast them and Twitter.
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 pm

g3ohss wrote:
opopssum wrote:Hot Topic is ignoring all 200 emails a day I have been sending them requesting a restock :hiding:

I would be behind this 100% :roflmao:

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:40 pm

So, not sure if this helps anybody, but I just bought 6 boxes of HT exclusive HP minis from the website. Out of stock now. Not sure if it was just leftover stock or not, but crossing my fingers I get some exclusives.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm

:o oooooo you have to come back and tell us what you got. My fingers are so crossed for a restock. Time to check eBay 20 times a day lol

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:46 pm

opopssum wrote::o oooooo you have to come back and tell us what you got. My fingers are so crossed for a restock. Time to check eBay 20 times a day lol

Oh I will. I'm really crossing my fingers for a Sirius, but I'm not getting my hopes up or anything. Since they were B2G1 free I had to take the risk on the boxes as 6 were only available when I saw they were in-stock. Don't know if there were more at one point or they just found 6 boxes in the warehouse somewhere. I'll post back in about a week when they arrive!
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 12, 2018 11:51 pm

yokofox33 wrote:
opopssum wrote::o oooooo you have to come back and tell us what you got. My fingers are so crossed for a restock. Time to check eBay 20 times a day lol

Oh I will. I'm really crossing my fingers for a Sirius, but I'm not getting my hopes up or anything. Since they were B2G1 free I had to take the risk on the boxes as 6 were only available when I saw they were in-stock. Don't know if there were more at one point or they just found 6 boxes in the warehouse somewhere. I'll post back in about a week when they arrive!

Watch you pull a Buckbeak. Everyone here would die..! Good luck on the pulls!
Image ImageImage Image

buddylee

Postby buddylee » Sun May 13, 2018 12:16 am

just going from feel these were the easiest/hardest minis to acquire. If you were first to a case, you were golden, but after the first pick all that would be left was sorting hat versions.

highlanderfil

Re: Harry Potter series 2 funko mini's

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 15, 2018 12:23 pm

snow-white wrote:Does anyone know what buckbeak weighs (boxed) please? And also the selkie/merpeople figure?

Thanks
My Buckbeak was 56.3g. The Selkie varies. I've found one as light as 70.9g and as heavy as 74. Makes it REALLY difficult to distinguish her from the hatted kids, but there's a way to tell: if you squeeze the box length-wise (LIGHTLY!) and feel something on both ends, it's most likely her, as she's quite tall. Just make sure to back this up with a scale - Lupin and Snape are lighter, but both have also been known to result in a false-positive if going by squeezing alone.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 15, 2018 12:24 pm

funkosentinel wrote:Is there anyone willing to help out with or sell Trevor, Selkie or George Weasley for below eBay prices please? I'm hoping to complete the series before the new wave comes out soon. :-/ Thank you.
Let's see, a new user with three posts asking people to voluntarily relinquish exclusives under market value. Yep, could totally happen.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

g3ohss wrote:

You do realize it's not up to HT, right? And that nobody at HT actually does anything just because a few people from a messageboard send them e-mails? If anything, the more annoying you are, the more likely it is that your e-mail address is blacklisted and auto-deleted.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
funkosentinel wrote:Is there anyone willing to help out with or sell Trevor, Selkie or George Weasley for below eBay prices please? I'm hoping to complete the series before the new wave comes out soon. :-/ Thank you.
Let's see, a new user with three posts asking people to voluntarily relinquish exclusives under market value. Yep, could totally happen.

Wait...that doesn't happen? LOL

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
g3ohss wrote:

You do realize it's not up to HT, right? And that nobody at HT actually does anything just because a few people from a messageboard send them e-mails? If anything, the more annoying you are, the more likely it is that your e-mail address is blacklisted and auto-deleted.

...... its a joke, I don't at all believe I could email Hot Topic once on a subject actually relating to the company and have it read by someone, I certainly am not emailing them countless times about funkos warehouse. its a joke.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 pm

opopssum wrote:...... its a joke, I don't at all believe I could email Hot Topic once on a subject actually relating to the company and have it read by someone, I certainly am not emailing them countless times about funkos warehouse. its a joke.
Subtle.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
opopssum wrote:...... its a joke, I don't at all believe I could email Hot Topic once on a subject actually relating to the company and have it read by someone, I certainly am not emailing them countless times about funkos warehouse. its a joke.
Subtle.

Ill add a disclaimer next time.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 pm

opopssum wrote:Ill add a disclaimer next time.

Or maybe just skip the old "I'll write Funko letters until they do what I say" trope that plenty of people on this board and others have offered up as a legitimate option for getting what they want. It's really hard to take for anything but face value at this point.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:08 am

*Sigh*

So my 6 random boxes I ordered from HT online showed up this morning. Weighed them all and got a couple in the 64-65 range. Figured it would be worth a shot to open them so I could try for Sirius... both Snape. I haven't opened the other 4, but 2 are a Sorting Hat variant, 1 is a Thestral, and another one weighs 65.5 which is probably a Snape. Debating whether to open it and get stuck with a 3rd one or take a chance on Sirius again.

Koppper

Postby Koppper » Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Anyone have weights on this set?

Thanks.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 am

yokofox33 wrote:*Sigh*

So my 6 random boxes I ordered from HT online showed up this morning. Weighed them all and got a couple in the 64-65 range. Figured it would be worth a shot to open them so I could try for Sirius... both Snape. I haven't opened the other 4, but 2 are a Sorting Hat variant, 1 is a Thestral, and another one weighs 65.5 which is probably a Snape. Debating whether to open it and get stuck with a 3rd one or take a chance on Sirius again.

I'm sorry that they were fails thus far...and I applaud your self restraint! I probably would've weighed them, but I also probably would've ripped them all open immediately!

In case it helps, I had Sirius in the 64 range. I think like 64.3 ish... I'll keep my fingers crossed that you avoid another Snape!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue May 22, 2018 10:58 am

Katers wrote:

I'm sorry that they were fails thus far...and I applaud your self restraint! I probably would've weighed them, but I also probably would've ripped them all open immediately!

In case it helps, I had Sirius in the 64 range. I think like 64.3 ish... I'll keep my fingers crossed that you avoid another Snape!

My HT has a no returns policy so I didn't even bother weighing them when I got a box in. I just opened them all, and let my dad open a few since he was with me when I picked them up. And he opened the Buckbeak :0 Miracles can happen.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

LEGOGIRL1977

Postby LEGOGIRL1977 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Love this series

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 24, 2018 3:03 am

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

My HT has a no returns policy so I didn't even bother weighing them when I got a box in. I just opened them all, and let my dad open a few since he was with me when I picked them up. And he opened the Buckbeak :0 Miracles can happen.

Your dad is obviously good luck...take him with you on your future hunts!! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

The-Vicious-Fish

Postby The-Vicious-Fish » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:01 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Your dad is obviously good luck...take him with you on your future hunts!! :cheers:

Ummmmm can I borrow your dad!?!!??
I’m Thomas! Love Harry Potter, Doctor Who and cats :)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:49 am

So I found 4 random boxes at Gamestop yesterday (on clearance even!) and opened up Ron, Harry, Dementor, and Thestral. But my Dementor doesn't stand up. :-( Does anybody else have this problem?

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm

dexiesmom wrote:So I found 4 random boxes at Gamestop yesterday (on clearance even!) and opened up Ron, Harry, Dementor, and Thestral. But my Dementor doesn't stand up. :-( Does anybody else have this problem?

That's a good haul for clearance! I had to put a little museum putty on the base of the Dementor for him to stand up.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:57 pm

bakivali wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:So I found 4 random boxes at Gamestop yesterday (on clearance even!) and opened up Ron, Harry, Dementor, and Thestral. But my Dementor doesn't stand up. :-( Does anybody else have this problem?

That's a good haul for clearance! I had to put a little museum putty on the base of the Dementor for him to stand up.

Thanks, I will try that. Glad to know mine isn’t defective.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:34 pm

I had that problem initially, until I pulled another one and noticed that the flyout parts of the cloak of the one that couldn't stand up properly werent' fanned out as much... I very gently moved one of the longer ones further out from the body and it fixed it... just have to be very careful not to break it off, but it still stays where it is now...

Return to “Blind Bags”