New retailers announced for the subscription boxes

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Mos_Eisley

Re: New retailers announced for the subscription boxes

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:28 pm

It's sad that these boxes have ended up this way. I was in on all boxes from the start. I liked the convenience of paying upfront and having boxes of fun arriving regularly. Even if they're just sitting around on the various sites I won't be getting any of them anymore because I don't want to have to deal with the releases in case they sell out right away. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Mauibrah

Postby Mauibrah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:32 pm

I’ll probably keep my star wars going
IG: @mauishaun

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Just waiting to see who picks up the Legion boxes, since I primarily collect DC. Still bummed overall about the subscription services ending

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Hope my Prime membership will work on the MCC boxes!! Disney box is the only one sub box that I will need all of them.

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

allamarane

Postby allamarane » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Amazon has experience with subscription services - maybe we'll get lucky and it'll become a subscribe and save item!

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:46 pm

HiMyNameIsSean wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if they’ll be more plentiful going to retailers or harder to get though?

There was something really nice about buying an entire year ahead of time. My question is, will the retailers themselves retain the "subscription" part of it, or will it just be mystery boxes that show up every two months?
San Diego funatic

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:49 pm

beckysaurus wrote:
HiMyNameIsSean wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if they’ll be more plentiful going to retailers or harder to get though?

There was something really nice about buying an entire year ahead of time. My question is, will the retailers themselves retain the "subscription" part of it, or will it just be mystery boxes that show up every two months?

My guess is the latter with amazon being the possible exception.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Free Shipping on Target and Free Shipping on amazon is already going to be great savers for me so I am good with both.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

HiMyNameIsSean
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby HiMyNameIsSean » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 pm

beckysaurus wrote:

Yeah! The subscription was the best part. Didn’t have to worry about ordering or anything.
Missed the infinity war box cause you had to order even if you had subscription prior. Haha I’m lazy
Hi My Name Is Sean!

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm

HiMyNameIsSean wrote:
beckysaurus wrote:

Yeah! The subscription was the best part. Didn’t have to worry about ordering or anything.
Missed the infinity war box cause you had to order even if you had subscription prior. Haha I’m lazy

Also really glad Amazon got MCC!! and you didn't miss much missing out on Infinity War box....very disappointing end to the Sub. to me at least
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:47 pm

CritterD wrote:
HiMyNameIsSean wrote:
beckysaurus wrote:There was something really nice about buying an entire year ahead of time. My question is, will the retailers themselves retain the "subscription" part of it, or will it just be mystery boxes that show up every two months?

Also really glad Amazon got MCC!! and you didn't miss much missing out on Infinity War box....very disappointing end to the Sub. to me at least

Couldn't agree more. Really felt like this box was phoned in or something.

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:46 am

beckysaurus wrote:

I liked the year subscription too. I hope Hot Topic will continue it for Disney Treasures.

ramblinwreck58

Postby ramblinwreck58 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Really wondering where the DC one will end up. It was my favorite. Wonder if they'd allow for both Marvel and DC on Amazon?
:freddy3:

tiger99885

Postby tiger99885 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm curious to see what the new boxes at the retail stores are like. For me personally, I don't want a box full of useless junk that I really don't want, i.e. hats, bandanas, cups, stickers. I really just want a simple box. Pops, shirt. As far as where I think the other boxes out going, I think smugglers bounty has a good chance at ending up with Walmart, they have been getting a lot of star wars stuff. Legion of collectors will probably end up with target.

mrs_swfanmlp

Postby mrs_swfanmlp » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 pm

I am excited at the possibility of free shipping on Amazon for the marvel box.
Just a girl in the Funko world
-mrs_swfanmlp

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:57 pm

tiger99885 wrote:For me personally, I don't want a box full of useless junk that I really don't want, i.e. hats, bandanas, cups, stickers.

ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

marromero

Postby marromero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 am

mrs_swfanmlp wrote:I am excited at the possibility of free shipping on Amazon for the marvel box.

Same here hopefully it is free shipping lol.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am

Any word on the Smuggler's Bounty ?
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 am

I wouldn't expect to hear about Smuggler's Bounty for a couple of months. Funko is committed to shipping that particular box out themselves until September, so it wouldn't make sense to announce the new retailer before then in order to limit the confusion on who's handling the current boxes.

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 pm

I’m almost certain the Hot Topic Box is going to be way overpriced. I’m glad the Marvel one will go to Amazon. They are on top of things when it comes to quick shipping.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

PapaFunko

Postby PapaFunko » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:09 pm

I wouldn't mind it if the Smuggler's Bounty Box ended up at the Disney store. There are two close to where I live. =) I'm curious to see where DC will land though.

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:29 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:I’m almost certain the Hot Topic Box is going to be way overpriced. I’m glad the Marvel one will go to Amazon. They are on top of things when it comes to quick shipping.

I have had good success with Hot Topic pricing like the Flocked Tigger so I hope the Box won't be overpriced.

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:34 pm

The yearly subscription sure made it easy, though HT and Amazon don't sound very hard once every other month.

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 pm

allamarane wrote:Amazon has experience with subscription services - maybe we'll get lucky and it'll become a subscribe and save item!

That’s a great idea. I hope it does bececome a subscribe and save item. I need more items to subscribe to, to get 15% off lol

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:18 am

Starting to get worried that the D.C. Box is just not going to get picked up.

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:16 am

ghostrye wrote:Starting to get worried that the D.C. Box is just not going to get picked up.

It will be picked up, just by who is the real question. Fearing Target.....

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:03 am

JimmyD wrote:
ghostrye wrote:Starting to get worried that the D.C. Box is just not going to get picked up.

I would be fine with that!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Celesdragon wrote:I wouldn't expect to hear about Smuggler's Bounty for a couple of months. Funko is committed to shipping that particular box out themselves until September, so it wouldn't make sense to announce the new retailer before then in order to limit the confusion on who's handling the current boxes.

Thanks
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm

good to know! i feel confident with hot topic, I will definitely sign up for the disney treasures again. most importantly, hope they keep up the quality of the contents
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:04 pm

ghostrye wrote:
JimmyD wrote:

I would be fine with that!

Unfortunately that would be extremely painful for international collectors.

Also the lack of confirmation from Amazon International about the MCC is getting me worried. Wish there was more info.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

brown

Postby brown » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Thrillofthehunt wrote:good to know! i feel confident with hot topic, I will definitely sign up for the disney treasures again. most importantly, hope they keep up the quality of the contents

Yup, as long as the quality stays the same, I don't really mind what company I have to get the box from

SuperLuigi33

Postby SuperLuigi33 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:Being a Marvel guy, I'm happy that Amazon is getting MCC from here on. Still wished Funko would still handle directly, but Amazon isn't bad either. Just waiting for news on the new price, if it'll retain the $25 + S/H + taxes value.

Hopefully the Prime shipping comes in handy

DB13

Postby DB13 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 am

Pretty happy thus far, curious as well on the other 2 boxes , IMO Walgreens won't be able to handle it, majority hopes Target doesn't get one.... Gamestop should be able to handle just fine , who knows what Walmart will do....They are getting just as bad as Target.
Pop!: 3005
Hikari: 10
Mystery mini: 274
Dorbz: 244
Wacky Wobbler: 8
Reaction: 1
Vinyl - 9
Plush - 30

Kito87

Postby Kito87 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am

Still waiting for news on the DC box... hopefully it lives on.
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Anyone know if there is free shipping with Prime or an ETA?

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Celesdragon wrote:Looks like the websites for some of the boxes were updated!

Marvel Collector Corps will be carried by Amazon.
Coming soon! Funko is excited to collaborate with Amazon to bring you the next phase of Marvel Collector Corps collectible boxes this summer. The best of the Marvel universe, created by Funko, delivered by Amazon.

Disney Treasures will be carried by Hot Topic.
"Coming soon! Funko is excited to be collaborating with Hot Topic to continue the adventure of Disney Treasures collectible boxes. Hot Topic will bring you the next phase of Disney Treasures starting this summer. The world of Disney Treasures, created by Funko, available from Hot Topic."

No update yet for DC or Smuggler's Bounty. I wouldn't expect to hear about who's taking over Smuggler's Bounty for a while since Funko is still committed to handling the next few boxes themselves.

Thank God I only trust Amazon and HT (BL by default). Forget walmart and target
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

lookslost

Postby lookslost » Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Any ideas on when this stuff will start kicking? I've been MCC on and off through the years (first full year plus some random boxes) and wouldn't mind checking out Amazon as I have a prime account anyways. It could be worth trying out!
My name is Alex.

I have 210 Pops.

Grails:

Giant Freddy
any Buffy Proto

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Did I hear that a black panther box was coming to target? Because that would be my worse nightmare. Outside of BN website when Con exclusives go on sale Target is the worst.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

lilaznnut

Postby lilaznnut » Thu May 03, 2018 12:15 am

I think with funko disbanding the sub boxes gives me a breather. I actually got annual subs for all four boxes and I have way too many mugs/shirts. I primarily wanted it for the pops so going forward i will aim to get just that. It will be hard to resist the disney and dc offering tho

Yellow balloon

Postby Yellow balloon » Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 pm

anime23 wrote:Did I hear that a black panther box was coming to target? Because that would be my worse nightmare. Outside of BN website when Con exclusives go on sale Target is the worst.

Nope Amazon has the Marvel boxes.

Return to “Powered by Funko”