Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:12 am

2 new full cases at my Walmart today...! Checked them to see if there was anything I could help someone with (Nazgul!), but nope - nothing near his weight. Didn't want to get sucked in by the similar weights of Legolas, Arwen and Galadriel. I'll keep looking!
Image ImageImage Image

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:50 am

Katers wrote:2 new full cases at my Walmart today...! Checked them to see if there was anything I could help someone with (Nazgul!), but nope - nothing near his weight. Didn't want to get sucked in by the similar weights of Legolas, Arwen and Galadriel. I'll keep looking!

Whats the weight on Nazgul? I still need that and Arwen from the common set.
Last edited by Mystlurker on Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Mystlurker wrote:
Katers wrote:2 new full cases at my Walmart today...! Checked them to see if there was anything I could help someone with (Nazgul!), but nope - nothing near his weight. Didn't want to get sucked in by the similar weights of Legolas, Arwen and Galadriel. I'll keep looking!

I think I pulled it around 69.6? I'll keep an eye out for any more that come in. Gotta build up the karma helping peeps, since I'll undoubtedly need help with the Infinity wars set!
Image ImageImage Image

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Katers wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:

I think I pulled it around 69.6? I'll keep an eye out for any more that come in. Gotta build up the karma helping peeps, since I'll undoubtedly need help with the Infinity wars set!

Thanks!

My contribution to the weights: I pulled a Sauron today at 58.4 and a Galadriel at 56.99. The Sauron is close to others but doesn't shake as much in the box. Still no luck finding Nazgul or Arwen from the common set, the search goes on.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Katers wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:

That's about the weight that the ones I pulled were.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:55 am

Mystlurker wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mystlurker wrote:

Thanks!

My contribution to the weights: I pulled a Sauron today at 58.4 and a Galadriel at 56.99. The Sauron is close to others but doesn't shake as much in the box. Still no luck finding Nazgul or Arwen from the common set, the search goes on.

The quest is always ongoing, isn't it? Even once we complete a set....we just move on to the next quest!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:45 pm

What exactly is the weight thing everyone's taking about? Is there a method to this? :freddy3: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:36 pm

FunkoMeansFun wrote:What exactly is the weight thing everyone's taking about? Is there a method to this? :freddy3: .

Buy a portable food scale that measures in grams. Weight the boxes (with all the wrap on) at the store. I use one by PorintXP from Amazon.

Be warned: the minis can range .25-4 grams in variance for each unique type and there are often multiple in a tight range (for this set for example all the hobbits are within .5g of each other) so you have to use some logic and luck to find the ones you want.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:40 am

Mystlurker wrote:
FunkoMeansFun wrote:What exactly is the weight thing everyone's taking about? Is there a method to this? :freddy3: .

Buy a portable food scale that measures in grams. Weight the boxes (with all the wrap on) at the store. I use one by PorintXP from Amazon.

Be warned: the minis can range .25-4 grams in variance for each unique type and there are often multiple in a tight range (for this set for example all the hobbits are within .5g of each other) so you have to use some logic and luck to find the ones you want.

The scale and weights definitely help, but it seems a lot of the newer sets have a lot of minis in close range. I pulled an Arwen and a Legolas trying for a B&N GITD Galadriel. I certainly wasn't heartbroken with those pulls, but it just goes to show how close everything can be!
Image ImageImage Image

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 pm

I hear Hot topic has been restocking the exclusives LOTR MM. For those of you still missing Eowyn/Lurtz and WitchKING.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Ladykatarina

Postby Ladykatarina » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:56 pm

babasdada wrote:I hear Hot topic has been restocking the exclusives LOTR MM. For those of you still missing Eowyn/Lurtz and WitchKING.

Excellent news! Thank you for the tip!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 pm

so funnnny for all the folks FLIPPING out about no restocks. TEE HEE.

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:12 pm

I really do like the mystery minis in these.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:16 pm

babasdada wrote:I hear Hot topic has been restocking the exclusives LOTR MM. For those of you still missing Eowyn/Lurtz and WitchKING.

Woowoo, gonna have to check out the stores and hope for the best!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Geescube wrote:so funnnny for all the folks FLIPPING out about no restocks. TEE HEE.

Can you really blame them though, considering how inconsistent HT is with restocks, especially of mystery minis.
Most stores got a "restock" of a single case and given for some series that's all and HT being quiet speculation was left to run rampant.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Geescube wrote:so funnnny for all the folks FLIPPING out about no restocks. TEE HEE.

Can you really blame them though, considering how inconsistent HT is with restocks, especially of mystery minis.
Most stores got a "restock" of a single case and given for some series that's all and HT being quiet speculation was left to run rampant.

I cant recall a series that didnt have a restock. I never doubted one.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Geescube wrote:
Velmeran wrote:

Horror series 2, Marvel 1, Sci Fi. To name a few. It's a rare occurrence. Also, no luck at 3 HT'S out by me, possibly only a few extra stock. Dang was hoping to.finally get a witch king.
Last edited by FredKruger on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:13 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Geescube wrote:
Velmeran wrote:Can you really blame them though, considering how inconsistent HT is with restocks, especially of mystery minis.

Horror series 2, Marvel 1, Sci Fi. To name a few. It's a rare occurrence.

Horror series 2 was plentiful in restocks at several stores I visited in my area. The one with Crow and Gremlin? Definitely.

Wasn't collecting Marvel 1 or Sci Fi 1, so I cant comment on those I suppose.

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:43 am

Hot topic already had a restock of LOTR this would be the 3rd wave. Pay attn!
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:01 pm

babasdada wrote:Hot topic already had a restock of LOTR this would be the 3rd wave. Pay attn!

No third wave at any stores near me so far, at least according to the manager. Maybe its selective. The first "restock" seems to have been part of the same wave, they just were slow in shipping out some (it was a week or so after the initial stocking for my store).

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 pm

On a bright side Walmart seems to be getting them now. More chances for a Nazgul.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Mystlurker wrote:
babasdada wrote:Hot topic already had a restock of LOTR this would be the 3rd wave. Pay attn!

No third wave at any stores near me so far, at least according to the manager. Maybe its selective. The first "restock" seems to have been part of the same wave, they just were slow in shipping out some (it was a week or so after the initial stocking for my store).

The Hot topic near my area never had a restock. Hoping for any wave of restocking. I only need Eowyn to complete my set.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Still need that Witch-King. Hot Topic near me never got a second case, hope they get one now. If not, anybody wanna help a brother out? Still have a spare Nazgul...
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Checked 2 HT today, still no restock in my area.

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 pm

I bought my first 3 LOTR mystery mini's at Hot Topic the other day. There were about 7 boxes on the shelf which caught my eye. First pull, Logolas. Second pull, Frodo. Third pull, Lurtz!

After seeing how great these looked I went back and bought the other 4 boxes the next day. I got a Samewise, a Took, a Gimli and another Frodo.

I ask if they were getting any more and she said that she didn't think so.

Best yet, I got them all for like $3.27 each after my Hot Cash and the B2G1 deal.

Question.. Not that it really matters much to me but I noticed that Lurtz on PPG has a value of $90, however when I look at sold listings on eBay I see that it's going for much more. Does anyone know why the PPG price is so far off?

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:24 pm

rtb1980 wrote:I bought my first 3 LOTR mystery mini's at Hot Topic the other day. There were about 7 boxes on the shelf which caught my eye. First pull, Logolas. Second pull, Frodo. Third pull, Lurtz!

After seeing how great these looked I went back and bought the other 4 boxes the next day. I got a Samewise, a Took, a Gimli and another Frodo.

Best yet, I got them all for like $3.27 each after my Hot Cash and the B2G1 deal.

Question.. Not that it really matters much to me but I noticed that Lurtz on PPG has a value of $90, however when I look at sold listings on eBay I see that it's going for much more. Does anyone know why the PPG price is so far off?

PPG has a huge backlog with the mystery minis. They haven't really been updating sold listings much for them, so that's why.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 pm

rtb1980 wrote:I bought my first 3 LOTR mystery mini's at Hot Topic the other day. There were about 7 boxes on the shelf which caught my eye. First pull, Logolas. Second pull, Frodo. Third pull, Lurtz!

Congrats on the Lurtz! You bring me hope that I can get lucky and find some at a HT without them being 10 more Gandolfs lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 pm

That’s awesome congrats!
It’s me Lynda

marromero

Postby marromero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Popfanatics wrote:

That’s awesome congrats!

Nice they had 7 boxes my Hot Topic doesn't carry too many minis, it would be awesome if I went there tomorrow and they had more cases lol. Congrats on the finds though. \:D/

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:57 am

Lurtz and the Witch King are my absolute favourites. Prices are insane!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 am

I wish they did more Legolas variants, but then again we don't need any more variants to hunt down for this set do we... lol
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Bought another one today, and got a Frodo! I'm surprised that in six so far I have no doubles (knock on wood). I'm hoping to get Merry and Aragorn at some point so I can at least have the group from Weathertop. Frodo and Sam in particular look really proper for that scene.

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:24 am

TheWordWizard wrote:Bought another one today, and got a Frodo! I'm surprised that in six so far I have no doubles (knock on wood). I'm hoping to get Merry and Aragorn at some point so I can at least have the group from Weathertop. Frodo and Sam in particular look really proper for that scene.

Their stances are pretty perfect for that scene. I particularly like that Sam has all his pots and pans on his back!

legofan2006

Postby legofan2006 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi

Im new to collecting Lotr mystery minis. They are expensive here in the UK.

Does anybody have a list with the weights of all the figures? If somebody could help me out it would save me from getting loads of duplicates.

Thanks in advance.

Adonia_skydazer

Postby Adonia_skydazer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:22 pm

legofan2006 wrote:Hi

Does anybody have a list with the weights of all the figures? If somebody could help me out it would save me from getting loads of duplicates.

Thanks in advance.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1725624581049980

Come join this group all weights for every mini series is posted :)
I ❤ MYSTERY MINIS!!!

Image Image
I DO CUSTOMS
ImageImage

jp6712

Postby jp6712 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Thanks in advance.

purplesour2000 wrote:For those into weights - here's my numbers (in box).
    Gollum - 40.2-40.9
    Invisible Frodo - 44-45-ish
    Pippin/Merry - 46.2 (typically will be three Sam/Frodo/Other, and this is the lightest of the three in the case)
    Sam - 46.2-46.7
    Frodo - 46.9-47.9
    Arwen - 56.3 (slightly less than Legolas/Boromir)
    Galadriel GITD - 57.4
    Legolas - 57.6-57.9
    Boromir - 57.9-58.5
    Eowyn - 58.7
    Sauron - 58.7
    Aragorn - 60.8
    Witch King - 65.7
    Saruman - 66.2-66.3
    Gimli - 72.8-73.3 (gold gimli is same weight)
    Gandalf - 76.9-77.3
    Lurtz - 77.5 (slightly more than Gandalf)

legofan2006

Postby legofan2006 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:38 am

Adonia_skydazer wrote:

Thanks in advance.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1725624581049980

Come join this group all weights for every mini series is posted :)

Thanks ever so much. Will join up.

legofan2006

Postby legofan2006 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:39 am

jp6712 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

purplesour2000 wrote:For those into weights - here's my numbers (in box).
    Gollum - 40.2-40.9
    Invisible Frodo - 44-45-ish
    Pippin/Merry - 46.2 (typically will be three Sam/Frodo/Other, and this is the lightest of the three in the case)
    Sam - 46.2-46.7
    Frodo - 46.9-47.9
    Arwen - 56.3 (slightly less than Legolas/Boromir)
    Galadriel GITD - 57.4
    Legolas - 57.6-57.9
    Boromir - 57.9-58.5
    Eowyn - 58.7
    Sauron - 58.7
    Aragorn - 60.8
    Witch King - 65.7
    Saruman - 66.2-66.3
    Gimli - 72.8-73.3 (gold gimli is same weight)
    Gandalf - 76.9-77.3
    Lurtz - 77.5 (slightly more than Gandalf)

Thanks so much for your help. This is fantastic.

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone has a restock at their HT within the last 3 weeks, or are those still looking for an HT exclusive pretty much SOL?

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 pm

the HT edition have not been restocked at all in AZ to my knowledge:(

Return to “Blind Bags”