New Star Wars Galactic Plushies

Funko has gone soft on us! Soft as in plush toys that is, so grab a comfy toy or two and come talk to us about them. Plushes, Fabrikations, and Mopeez, oh my!
rtb1980

Re: New Star Wars Galactic Plushies

Postby rtb1980 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:16 pm

PPG only lists 2 Porg Plushies variants, brown and gray. The image they use for the brown porg is actually the gray porg though.

Last edited by rtb1980 on Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Fri May 04, 2018 9:14 pm

rtb1980 wrote:PPG only lists 2 Porg Plushies variants, brown and gray. The image they use for the brown porg is actually the gray porg though.

I have only ever seen the two that are on PPG. I have never seen a grey with yellow eyes. Post pictures please?

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:21 pm

felixfelicis wrote:
rtb1980 wrote:PPG only lists 2 Porg Plushies variants, brown and gray. The image they use for the brown porg is actually the gray porg though.

I have only ever seen the two that are on PPG. I have never seen a grey with yellow eyes. Post pictures please?

Pic should be up now.

My Gamestop had both gray versions, yellow and white eyes, but I've never seen the brown version in a store.

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:00 pm

rtb1980 wrote:I was able to find the one with brown fur on eBay. I now have all three porgs!

The brown one isn't pictured on the tag but it is on the images on Funko's site. It shipped from Washington so I wonder if the brown one was exclusive to HQ? I've never seen one in the wild, has anyone else? Maybe it's a secret chase .. LOL ;) My others were purchased at Gamestop.

Has anyone seen the brown one in stores anywhere other than Funko HQ?

rtb1980

Postby rtb1980 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:19 pm

After some back and forth, with me providing images etc., I received and answer from Funko support.

"Thank you so much for following up with us and for being so patient this far. I've went ahead and did some more digging on my end here and I can happily say I've found an answer given to me by some of the higher ups here.. After we produced the Porgs it looks like the licencor asked us to make some updates post production.

The original batch had those Grey and Yellow Porgs which is what the licencor asked us to update so that they were Brown and Yellow. After that request was made we updated our catalog to so that they reflected the changes. In other words both variations are absolutely legit, just one of them is the more up to date version of it according to the licencor. "

Hopefully PPG will update the price guide to include all three variations.

Arnold11

Postby Arnold11 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

I have collected all the Star Wars plushies for a Christmas tree for my husband. He wasn’t sold on the idea, but as soon as I put it up and decorated we just sat and stared at it.
I’m working on a Harry Potter tree now for me.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 17, 2018 12:13 pm

darn love the Porg, but hope they don't over due it. My son has the one from Best Buy that is soft, but also makes noises. They are rediculously cute.

Return to “Plush”