Hikari protos

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
d3postman

Re: Hikari protos

Postby d3postman » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:I did not think there were Hikari protos? Well isn't that something. thanks for sharing.

In theory anything mass produced with a mold will have some prototypes as they test the mold, the plastics and the engineering of the figure. What we consider prototypes are mostly just test shots from a new mold.

Just not many are as coveted, sought after and distributed like Funko does. Most wind up in a Chinese factory bin or corporate office dumpsters. Back in the 90's I knew a guy who knew a guy who used to raid the Toy Biz office dumpsters for 5" Marvel test-shots/prototypes.

Yeah, I'm sure they have to exist they just aren't sought after. Someone has one, somewhere though

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon May 14, 2018 11:30 pm

d3postman wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:I did not think there were Hikari protos? Well isn't that something. thanks for sharing.

In theory anything mass produced with a mold will have some prototypes as they test the mold, the plastics and the engineering of the figure. What we consider prototypes are mostly just test shots from a new mold.

Just not many are as coveted, sought after and distributed like Funko does. Most wind up in a Chinese factory bin or corporate office dumpsters. Back in the 90's I knew a guy who knew a guy who used to raid the Toy Biz office dumpsters for 5" Marvel test-shots/prototypes.

Yeah, I'm sure they have to exist they just aren't sought after. Someone has one, somewhere though

Ok, that makes sense. The way us crazies act over the Pop or Dorbz protos... I just never heard anyone mention the coveted Hikari proto... lol

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue May 15, 2018 2:02 am

conventiongeek wrote:
d3postman wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. The way us crazies act over the Pop or Dorbz protos... I just never heard anyone mention the coveted Hikari proto... lol

I actually would love to own a legit Iron Man Hikari proto. I kinda wish when Brian auctioned off the 1/1 wooden hikari protos for charity that there was an iron man one included. I would have tried my best to win, if that popped up.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
d3postman wrote:

I actually would love to own a legit Iron Man Hikari proto. I kinda wish when Brian auctioned off the 1/1 wooden hikari protos for charity that there was an iron man one included. I would have tried my best to win, if that popped up.

The question is, how much would you be wiling to bid on such an item, being it was also for charity?

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 pm

JobaFett wrote:Mindstyle had some on display at their pop up shop at SDCC 2 years ago

oh wow this is the first time I have seen these protos. I didn't know ones for Hikari existed although when I think about it of course they exist...
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 pm

wow these look amazing

ditbu13oi

Postby ditbu13oi » Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

anime23 wrote:
JobaFett wrote:Mindstyle had some on display at their pop up shop at SDCC 2 years ago

oh wow this is the first time I have seen these protos. I didn't know ones for Hikari existed although when I think about it of course they exist...

LOL these look the Crystal and Copper Hikari's. Just like how they did those mini hikari freddys :rolleyes:

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 pm

ditbu13oi wrote:
anime23 wrote:

LOL these look the Crystal and Copper Hikari's. Just like how they did those mini hikari freddys :rolleyes:

So they are either crystal or complete solid white? (well that freddy is orange)
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed May 16, 2018 3:03 am

conventiongeek wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

The question is, how much would you be wiling to bid on such an item, being it was also for charity?

I would have bid whatever it took to win it, which i am assuming would be just slightly north of $500, based on what the other 1/1 wooden hikaris sold for. I am generous with donating to charities, but i am also ballin' on a budget lol
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Wow these are so cool. I've never seen these before.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 pm

The pop up gallery was cool
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Submyst

Postby Submyst » Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 pm

I would like to get my hands on some mickey protos, and some stitch protos. that would be sick. :freddy3:

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 am

Submyst wrote:I would like to get my hands on some mickey protos, and some stitch protos. that would be sick. :freddy3:

After hearing that so many people get fooled by protos from China on eBay, I steered myself away from Protos in general. I was worried about finding the real deal. I really like the look of these though.

Image Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Steered away from Protos as its difficult to really differentiate it from the fake ones...
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri May 18, 2018 2:51 pm

anime23 wrote:

Wow! Those are awesome.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 pm

anime23 wrote:
Submyst wrote:I would like to get my hands on some mickey protos, and some stitch protos. that would be sick. :freddy3:

After hearing that so many people get fooled by protos from China on eBay, I steered myself away from Protos in general. I was worried about finding the real deal. I really like the look of these though.

The few protos I have came from Fundays and FrightNight but I am worried about buying off eBay and getting fakes, so my proto collection is small.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 am

Lexi wrote:
anime23 wrote:

The few protos I have came from Fundays and FrightNight but I am worried about buying off eBay and getting fakes, so my proto collection is small.

See that is what i would be worried about. I didn't even know it was an issue until I was reading a thread on this forum. Sigh... This is why we can't have nice things.

Image Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Given that they are produced in partnership woth Mindstyle, I would have to guess the protos would come from Mindstyle as well?
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Delainer

Postby Delainer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 am

Those are some awesome Protos!
Favorite Pop quotes: "Winter is coming" and "Here comes the sun!" \:D/ .

WeaponX17

Postby WeaponX17 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't think i've ever seen a Hikari Proto, just APs.

I am in the same boat. Recently I took my Garuda out to check and discovered it was an AP! It felt like proto excitment....I mean testshot
ISO: Hatsune Miku & ChillyWilly proto, hugs, and free tacos
:freddy2:

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm

my husband has a few that he received at a party at sdcc years ago
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:49 am

I just started collecting Hikaris and Im lookig forward to sourcing for some Cap America Hikari Protos
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:30 am

anime23 wrote:

these are awesome!

Lilcrimestopper

Postby Lilcrimestopper » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:30 pm

I always thought the APs were the proto equivalent. Of my 12 Hikari figures I believe 3 or 4 are AP. Pretty lucky I guess.
Favorite Funko products: Tarantino, Star Wars and Batman Pops & Hikaris

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
anime23 wrote:

these are awesome!

Their see-through protos are the best. Like those alot

Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:25 pm

anime23 wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
anime23 wrote:

these are awesome!

Their see-through protos are the best. Like those alot

Wow...never even thought about hikari protos. I would love that freddy hikari proto. I love anything freddy funko :)

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 am

I dont have any of the hikari proto but there are the wooden 1/1s that brian had in his collection that they sold for charity.

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:08 pm

wow the hikari protos look amazing, hope to own one 1 day

Return to “Hikari”