July Disney Treasures Box at Hot Topic!!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
clutch09

July Disney Treasures Box at Hot Topic!!

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:57 am

I wonder what the theme for this box will be?!?!?!

https://www.funko.com/treasures
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

zwahelian

Re: July Disney Treasures Box at Hot Topic!!

Postby zwahelian » Thu May 17, 2018 1:26 am

I’m very interested to see the logistics of Disney Treasures through Hot Topic, and the other subs through other retailers. Will there be a preorder, an actual subscription, or just have them act like any other Pop would - the stores get some in and they go online shortly after? Also interested if they retain the same price point but we get to save the $6.95 shipping per box.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:07 am

I believe stores have had mystery boxes from Funko before, including Hot Topic. I suspect they would be handled in a similar way to those.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:19 am

zwahelian wrote:I’m very interested to see the logistics of Disney Treasures through Hot Topic, and the other subs through other retailers. Will there be a preorder, an actual subscription, or just have them act like any other Pop would - the stores get some in and they go online shortly after? Also interested if they retain the same price point but we get to save the $6.95 shipping per box.

Good question. I'm wondering the exact same thing. I remember when the DT box went live, HT accidentally had the box up on their site for less than what Funko charged. Then you get into whether or not you could use hot cash or any various online discount codes they have on the box itself.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

ruxy_100 wrote:I believe stores have had mystery boxes from Funko before, including Hot Topic. I suspect they would be handled in a similar way to those.

That's my thinking too, but those mystery boxes never had to deal with sizes of tshirts. It was practically the same uniform box. But who knows? We'll have to wait and see

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Thu May 17, 2018 3:38 am

Also would be curious what the quantity would be. Will it be an LE number? Will it just be a generic "limited edition?" How many in stores or will it only be online? Hmmm....

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu May 17, 2018 5:10 am

I'm glad it's going to HT because I live by a ton of them. Hopefully there's enough stock because I also live by a ton of resell shops and flippers delight
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 am

I wonder since the move to retail if we probably won’t see as many shirts... i guess we’ll find out!

esteban123

Postby esteban123 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 am

I fully expect it to be more of a nightmare than when Funko handled it. Plenty of canceled orders etc. I hope I’m wrong though.
Hello All!!! My name is Esteban

Pop Count: 175

Must Have Pop: Holo Darth Maul

1st Pop: Anger from Inside Out

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 am

I saw this. I also saw that July is the date for MCC as well. When will we find out about DC????
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 am

clutch09 wrote:
ruxy_100 wrote:I believe stores have had mystery boxes from Funko before, including Hot Topic. I suspect they would be handled in a similar way to those.

That's my thinking too, but those mystery boxes never had to deal with sizes of tshirts. It was practically the same uniform box. But who knows? We'll have to wait and see

Disney Treasures never really had shirts so that may not be an issue for Hot Topic. Although with it now being at Hot Topic maybe we will see more wearable items in the boxes and may fewer cups/water bottles.

I just hope Hot Topics' inventory system improves for this. It's been very disappointing to order from them only to have orders canceled (multiple times).
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

dcooperfl wrote:I saw this. I also saw that July is the date for MCC as well. When will we find out about DC????

Actually MCC is June.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

I'm very excited for this. I hope this also means that we'll find out what's in the box sooner. I'm not big on taking a gamble simply based on theme.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

Love the sub box. Hope it won't be hard to get...
ImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:I saw this. I also saw that July is the date for MCC as well. When will we find out about DC????

Actually MCC is June.

LOC ia TBA

monktoast

Postby monktoast » Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 am

Yay can't wait
Image Image

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:

Actually MCC is June.

You're right, I read it too fast.

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 pm

clutch09 wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:

Actually MCC is June.

LOC ia TBA

Yeah I know, just the only sub box I am truly concerned with.

Ms_CcBabeyy

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm

So excited to see what the new year holds for disney treasures x HT. Also if there will be an option to get them in store?

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 pm

dcooperfl wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:Actually MCC is June.

LOC ia TBA

Yeah I know, just the only sub box I am truly concerned with.

I thought it might be "vaulted ' But it is listed on the funko website as coming soon to a new retailer.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

I am anxious to see what happens with this box. I really hope I can get one as I asked for a subscription for christmas, so now I have money to throw at the box for the year. I really hope I didn't just give up some other awesome gifts for something I can't get. While it means I can take the money and use it on other pops, these Disney boxes are too awesome especially for me as a Disney funatic who has an annual pass and been there 90+ times with my wife since march of 2014.
Collecting since 2014

The Head

Postby The Head » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm

dcooperfl wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:

Actually MCC is June.

Has there been anything on the amazon site re MCC?

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu May 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Hot Topic has been relatively easy in the past, and there are normally some good discount codes. We will see if Disney Treasures follows suit.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm

The Head wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:Actually MCC is June.

Has there been anything on the amazon site re MCC?

the only thing I've been able to find last night after I saw the news were items from past boxes or past boxes themselves from small resellers. nothing regarding the June MCC box. the theme is TBA on funko's site as well. so maybe once we get that, a link will be live for amazon

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 pm

mactds wrote:Hot Topic has been relatively easy in the past, and there are normally some good discount codes. We will see if Disney Treasures follows suit.

agreed. especially since they inadvertently sold the very first box online below funko's price. lol

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:50 am

zwahelian wrote:I’m very interested to see the logistics of Disney Treasures through Hot Topic, and the other subs through other retailers. Will there be a preorder, an actual subscription, or just have them act like any other Pop would - the stores get some in and they go online shortly after? Also interested if they retain the same price point but we get to save the $6.95 shipping per box.

I kind of hope there is a subscription so I don't have to keep remembering to check the site. Ya for in-store pick up!
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 am

They have been really quiet about DC. I wonder what is going on
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Fri May 18, 2018 1:58 am

anime23 wrote:

Maybe still making a deal. I just hope they figure it out soon. And not make it Walgreens.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 am

dcooperfl wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Maybe still making a deal. I just hope they figure it out soon. And not make it Walgreens.

I think it would be better than Target. The boxes i have had mailed to me via Walgreens have never come damaged. Target on the other hand...

Image Image

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri May 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Just wish DT comes with Disney T-shirts.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 18, 2018 3:48 pm

funkosundae wrote:Just wish DT comes with Disney T-shirts.

Truthfully I have way too many sub box tshirts, ](*,)
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:21 pm

I really do want to have at least 1 shirt though...I love Disney and I'd love some kind of funko shirt from them :D I hope we get an announcement soon as to the theme :)
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 pm

clutch09 wrote:

Good question. I'm wondering the exact same thing. I remember when the DT box went live, HT accidentally had the box up on their site for less than what Funko charged. Then you get into whether or not you could use hot cash or any various online discount codes they have on the box itself.

If I recall correctly, they had a six month sub option that was around eighty bucks. And at the time, all Funko products online were around thirty percent off, and the sub was coded the same way. So it was fifty five bucks for three boxes. I doubt it'd be the exact same now, but they probably have both a sub option and single box option on the menu.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Adrenya

Postby Adrenya » Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm

The only reason shirts would suck would be that they would have to have a certain number in each size in each store as opposed to just having the boxes. It would be much easier to have 120 boxes than to have 20 of each size. And you'd never have to worry about your size being out of stock or having to trade for it. As long as I can still get itI'm not picky about shirts. I have so many tee shirts that I hardly even wear from all the other sub boxes.
Funko is Family!

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:I'm very excited for this. I hope this also means that we'll find out what's in the box sooner. I'm not big on taking a gamble simply based on theme.

Hot topic usually reveals all their "mystery boxes" anyway. I wonder if they'll do the same for Disney Treasures.

I'm excited for the new theme. I'm going to take a random guess that it will be an underwater theme. And my random hope will be for a Bedknobs and broomsticks ride.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Hannay

Postby Hannay » Fri May 18, 2018 7:03 pm

funkosundae wrote:Just wish DT comes with Disney T-shirts.

I would love for tee shirts to be included! However, i am hoping that the Patch and PIn still are a part of it. It felt like a meta collection once the Patch completed the circle :)
~Ana | Las Vegas, NV | @agaleski on Instagram
ImageImage Image Image Image

jayyy714

Postby jayyy714 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:06 pm

clutch09 wrote:I wonder what the theme for this box will be?!?!?!

https://www.funko.com/treasures

I cant waittttttt!! Hopefully , easy to grab online. SO EXCITED!
Instagram @Keepitnerdy15
Pop Quiz Season 1 Contestant

I want Disney Errrything! The
Funko Fundays 2016 Team Deadpool, 2017 Team Rebel Alliance, 2018 Team Gremlins and 2022 Proto Robos Champs!
Making Fun premiere
ISO
Disney Parks Protos (Missing Br’er Fox and Br’er Rabbit for Splash Mountain set)
Haunted Mansion
Matterhorn
Pirates of the Caribbean
Nightmare before Christmas Protos
Freddy Jack Skellington!

Mauibrah

Postby Mauibrah » Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Looking forward to the theme
IG: @mauishaun

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat May 19, 2018 1:12 pm

StarWarner wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

Disney Treasures never really had shirts so that may not be an issue for Hot Topic. Although with it now being at Hot Topic maybe we will see more wearable items in the boxes and may fewer cups/water bottles.

I just hope Hot Topics' inventory system improves for this. It's been very disappointing to order from them only to have orders canceled (multiple times).

I wouldn't mind having less cup/water bottles because they have been so small! I can't use that tiny mug from the winter box!!

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat May 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Great question and can we use our hot cash and I hope to save in the shipping
:freddy3:

Return to “Powered by Funko”