Stupid Question Time

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
AshleyWilbanks

Stupid Question Time

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Mon May 28, 2018 9:21 am

Viewing various collections, and the new documentary, I see that some have these larger 2-6 foot wobblers or pops in their collections. Are these actually Funko items, or customs? If so were and how did you score them?
Last edited by AshleyWilbanks on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors

BerserkerBlack

Re: Stupide Question Time

Postby BerserkerBlack » Mon May 28, 2018 9:42 am

AshleyWilbanks wrote:Viewing various collections, and the new documentary, I see that some have these larger 2-6 foot wobblers or pops in their collections. Are these actually Funko items, or customs? If so were and how did you score them?

They are all Funko items, 20'' Wobblers came out a while ago and were exclusive to I believe Tower Records (Bone Daddy, Count Chocula and El Diablo at least) You can also find others such as Betty Boop, Underdog, Huckleberry Hound,etc. Others were limited and given out at Fundays in the 2000s.
The Pops that are 9" came out when pops were first introduced and sold in retail and Cons, depending on the piece
Now the Retro Freddys that are like 2 feet tall are were given out at SDCC and Fundays in the past and are super limited

This is what I've gathered from when I looked into the pieces myself. Hope it was helpful :)

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Mon May 28, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks for the info BerserkerBlack!
ImageImage

badger

Postby badger » Mon May 28, 2018 7:03 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:
AshleyWilbanks wrote:Viewing various collections, and the new documentary, I see that some have these larger 2-6 foot wobblers or pops in their collections. Are these actually Funko items, or customs? If so were and how did you score them?

They are all Funko items, 20'' Wobblers came out a while ago and were exclusive to I believe Tower Records (Bone Daddy, Count Chocula and El Diablo at least) You can also find others such as Betty Boop, Underdog, Huckleberry Hound,etc. Others were limited and given out at Fundays in the 2000s.
The Pops that are 9" came out when pops were first introduced and sold in retail and Cons, depending on the piece
Now the Retro Freddys that are like 2 feet tall are were given out at SDCC and Fundays in the past and are super limited

This is what I've gathered from when I looked into the pieces myself. Hope it was helpful :)

Thanks for the little history lesson lol
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon May 28, 2018 11:15 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:

Nice history, thank you for that!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Tue May 29, 2018 12:52 am

Always happy to share what I've learned and if anyone knows any of it to be inaccurate please correct me. Thank you! :)

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:Always happy to share what I've learned and if anyone knows any of it to be inaccurate please correct me. Thank you! :)

I agree great info thanks for sharing like u said these are rare I have never came across one of the bigger pieces they look pretty awesome
:freddy3:

MikeySanz

Postby MikeySanz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Interesting!!

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 pm

:freddy2: I won’t lie, I’m just here for the popcorn. Nom nom

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:43 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:Always happy to share what I've learned and if anyone knows any of it to be inaccurate please correct me. Thank you! :)

History is written by the victors!
My Name is Ernie

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks for sharing that info. Really interesting stuff!

monktoast

Postby monktoast » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Awesome info..thanks beserk
Image Image

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Those 36" Retro Freddys are amazing. Love seeing them in collections in the documentary :)
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:

I agree great info thanks for sharing like u said these are rare I have never came across one of the bigger pieces they look pretty awesome

I have a few of the 20'' wobblers but they were a timely task to get. Depending on what you're looking for, they are more common than others.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Stupid*

lol

Had to!

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:08 am

Geescube wrote:Stupid*

lol

Had to!

there allot of posts dat require spellcheck. ;)
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

AshleyWilbanks

Re: Stupid Question Time

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:57 am

LOL, sorry about that. I didn't realize I put an "e" on it my haste to ask the question. It should be fixed now.
ImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Very cool. Thanks!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:25 pm

I have a giant batman one, it's about 2' tall, but I got it a the one and only fundays that I was able to attend at SDCC. It was soo much fun and we got such cool stuff. Fingers crossed that someday we will get tickets again.
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:02 pm

evrythngzen wrote:I have a giant batman one, it's about 2' tall, but I got it a the one and only fundays that I was able to attend at SDCC. It was soo much fun and we got such cool stuff. Fingers crossed that someday we will get tickets again.

Got a pic of that Batman? Would love to see it!
ImageImage

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:09 pm

AshleyWilbanks wrote:
evrythngzen wrote:I have a giant batman one, it's about 2' tall, but I got it a the one and only fundays that I was able to attend at SDCC. It was soo much fun and we got such cool stuff. Fingers crossed that someday we will get tickets again.

Got a pic of that Batman? Would love to see it!

I do...but I am forum dumb...how do I post a pic? Can I just copy and paste in the box? Sorry, This is my first venture on one of these boards and it's a bit of a learning curve... LOL
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

AshleyWilbanks

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:49 pm

You actually have to host the pic elsewhere. Upload it here https://imgbb.com/, then you can copy the provided output and paste it in the box :)
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:56 pm

I know this is an older thread, but here's a link to some of the larger Funko items...

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com/20in.html

And of course be sure to check out Rev's thread if you haven't seen it before...

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=60860

There's lots of cool information on this forum, just need to look in the right places.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

stevedawg85_funko

Postby stevedawg85_funko » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:07 am

I regret not buying the Freddy display from TRU when they went outta business. but then again, they asked for $750 which was kinda silly

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:28 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:

Great info. I didn't know how they were obtained in the past. They would have been an awesome giveaway.

mxdragon

Postby mxdragon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:50 am

stevedawg85_funko wrote:I regret not buying the Freddy display from TRU when they went outta business. but then again, they asked for $750 which was kinda silly

I tried to get one as well ans they asked for 1K. [-(

SHERFEY

Postby SHERFEY » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 pm

I always thought they were custom.
Utinni!!

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:58 pm

mxdragon wrote:
stevedawg85_funko wrote:I regret not buying the Freddy display from TRU when they went outta business. but then again, they asked for $750 which was kinda silly

I tried to get one as well ans they asked for 1K. [-(

Same. My store had a waiting list.

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 pm

No such thing as a stupid question. I've learned some things from our fellow funatics. O:)

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”