your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
randig

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby randig » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:52 pm

BobbleheadFreak wrote:Found this cleaning out Toy Closet, it was a Box Layout of a never released Wobbler, From the movie The Tuxedo

This is so cool, I loved that movie. To be fair, I love anything Jackie Chan!! Favorite actor hands down.
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Sesicat

Postby Sesicat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Wow haha I was just wondering about a shoe line considering one of the photo contest days. That's pretty cool.
Last edited by Sesicat on Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:01 pm

randig wrote:
BobbleheadFreak wrote:Found this cleaning out Toy Closet, it was a Box Layout of a never released Wobbler, From the movie The Tuxedo

This is so cool, I loved that movie. To be fair, I love anything Jackie Chan!! Favorite actor hands down.

So happy to have it in my collection , I have seen the mold for head too which my good friend Itchy Korean has

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

MikeySanz

Postby MikeySanz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 am

Oh yeah! Came here to see some off Funko history and was not disappointed!

MikeySanz

Postby MikeySanz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 am

thejosh2010 wrote:So back when Funko started out, even with business going quite well, the company wasn’t the financial juggernaut that it is today with an IPO & the Disneyland-esk headquarters in downtown Everett. Long before the days of receiving Funko-Shop boxes every week with “Funko” printed on the sides, Funko would have to hand-press logo’s on the sides of packages as they shipped them out. This item is one of those hand-press stamps, standing about 5x7 inches. It was used for years and then stored as a relic of Funko’s past, but now, I am proud to say it is a unqiue and fun piece that is in my collection!! Never loved history in school, but Funko history is the best!!! :cheers:

Probably hasn’t been used for more than 10 years, but even gave it a try myself & BAM!!

20 Years of Funko...20 Years of FUN!!

Oh man this is so rad! I totally need it!

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Hmm 2010 SDCC GITD Green Lantern in a Clamshell...or Funko Force 2.0 Chase Batman/Lantern/Aquaman
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

Funkobear

Postby Funkobear » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:22 pm

I would totally buy the Freddy Flyers if they made those again! The stamp tho... That's so cool a piece of history! I don't have any real old ones yet but my Making Fun box is probably the one I'll look back on as a favorite!
Last edited by Funkobear on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunkoBear!!! :freddy3:

Funkobear

Postby Funkobear » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm

MikeySanz wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:So back when Funko started out, even with business going quite well, the company wasn’t the financial juggernaut that it is today with an IPO & the Disneyland-esk headquarters in downtown Everett. Long before the days of receiving Funko-Shop boxes every week with “Funko” printed on the sides, Funko would have to hand-press logo’s on the sides of packages as they shipped them out. This item is one of those hand-press stamps, standing about 5x7 inches. It was used for years and then stored as a relic of Funko’s past, but now, I am proud to say it is a unqiue and fun piece that is in my collection!! Never loved history in school, but Funko history is the best!!! :cheers:

Probably hasn’t been used for more than 10 years, but even gave it a try myself & BAM!!

This is amazing ;-)
FunkoBear!!! :freddy3:

Stareiskies

Postby Stareiskies » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:18 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I had no clue Boxos existed until Tiffany sent me this set for Christmas :D

That is so awesome!!! Really digging those.... :eek: Great stuff Brett!!

OMG I REMEMBER THESE. :eek: I think I have some somewhere!

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Peachtree wrote:Loving this thread already!

My set of RUN DMC Urban Vinyls. Only seen four sets - mine, Craig's, Chezpopp's, and Amos Maldonaldo's.

Those are so dope, I was given the tupac one for my bday and that set me down this path of Funko!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Well they just came out, but I really like the table assignment lanyards they gave out at Fundays this year. I was able to trade for all 4 so I was happy about that. When the new site is up and running I’ll be able to post a pic but I don’t use any outside hosting sites.

Laineycat

Postby Laineycat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:40 am

I’ll have to take a picture later. But I have a pair of Freddy Flyers & a Hockey Jersey !
The shoes unfortunately don’t have a box, but I was able to find them in my size. So I lucked out on that. :)

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

icemanfan44 wrote:

Funko shoes? oh yes, 2004 SDCC , 48 pairs of Funko Flyers were made and given away. Too fun.

What is your oddest piece of Funko history?

Those Funko Flyers are awesome! In this day and age of "sneakerheads" there's definitely a rising market for that! Also, I would totally rock a pair!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Funkobear wrote:
MikeySanz wrote:

This is amazing ;-)

This is soo awesome

captainvoltaic

Postby captainvoltaic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Oddest? Oh boy, gonna have to go with the Star Wars Wacky Wisecracks. Would be cool to see wisecracks make a come-back!

:albino:
Proto's I'm Looking for:
Red Knight - Dark souls
Megara & Hercules

Randy8653

Postby Randy8653 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:39 pm

funkystark wrote:I would have to say this is pretty rare,odd, awesome call it what you will :) In early 2014 closing in on my wedding, I knew that some of my awesome Funatic friends were making quite the trek to Canada (some even had to get their first passport) to be part of our special day and I wanted to say thank you. So I reached out to Brian and asked if I could get some blank shirt retro Freddys that myself and my wife could customize as Thank yous for the Funatic guest. Well Brain much to my surprise (really it shouldn't have been because the man is awesome) took my request one step further and had these made! My wife knew about the little ones being made for thank yous but I managed to keep the big one a surprise. The big one started the night on our reception table greeting everyone that came to the wedding, quickly became the talk of the wedding and eventually was the most requested dance partner of the night!

This story made me smile thank you for sharing It

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:45 pm

those shoes are amazin!! wow!! i never knew about that!! thanks for sharing!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:51 am

Randy8653 wrote:
funkystark wrote:I would have to say this is pretty rare,odd, awesome call it what you will :) In early 2014 closing in on my wedding, I knew that some of my awesome Funatic friends were making quite the trek to Canada (some even had to get their first passport) to be part of our special day and I wanted to say thank you. So I reached out to Brian and asked if I could get some blank shirt retro Freddys that myself and my wife could customize as Thank yous for the Funatic guest. Well Brain much to my surprise (really it shouldn't have been because the man is awesome) took my request one step further and had these made! My wife knew about the little ones being made for thank yous but I managed to keep the big one a surprise. The big one started the night on our reception table greeting everyone that came to the wedding, quickly became the talk of the wedding and eventually was the most requested dance partner of the night!

Those are amazing!!!

pommefille

Postby pommefille » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:35 am

It might be fun to have them take pictures of the Freddys each year for your anniversary!
----ig: kavka twitter: kavka fb: kavka----

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Heads up!!! So they're not Motorheadz.....but they're squishy and obviously for a rear-view mirror! :idea:

These are awesome! I would totally hang these on my rear view mirror.

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:37 pm

As someone who got into Funko relatively late in the game (around 2013), I love reading all these stories of Funko history!

Among all the stuff I have, I'd say my oddest piece would be the Cosmic Popcorn from last year's Fundays. I haven't even touched it since that day! lol
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am

Randy8653 wrote:

This is AMAZING :)

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

captainvoltaic wrote:Oddest? Oh boy, gonna have to go with the Star Wars Wacky Wisecracks. Would be cool to see wisecracks make a come-back!

They are awesome and I would buy them in a heartbeat if more were ever made.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

LexusNexus

Postby LexusNexus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Funko shoes? and watches? Wow lol
I would so buy a pair of those shoes!
So much Funko nostalgia I enjoy seeing! :o
:freddy1:
Huge lover of Batman and Pixar!
Started collecting in 2013
Pop Count:
ISO: Non Bobble Head Emperor Zurg, 18” Retro Freddy Batman, 18” inch Retro Freddy Robin, DIY Retro Freddy (x3)

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Peachtree wrote:Loving this thread already!

My set of RUN DMC Urban Vinyls. Only seen four sets - mine, Craig's, Chezpopp's, and Amos Maldonaldo's.

I love these! And love how they only put two strips on their shoes instead of 3 to avoid being sued by Adidas :-)

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Wow amazing!! talk about one of a kind! I am envious of your amazing collection LOL

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Stareiskies wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I had no clue Boxos existed until Tiffany sent me this set for Christmas :D

I love the boxos. I wish they would make new ones.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Stitch626 wrote:
Stareiskies wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Wait!!! Whoa!! I want these!! Gonna have to track some down!!

Yonsei13

Postby Yonsei13 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:24 pm

These are all fantastic. I especially love the shoes.
Image ImageImage

SkebeSan

Postby SkebeSan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:53 pm

That funko freddy watch reminds me of swatches. Well maybe just the band. I even went so far as to buy a swatch in Switzerland.

PaulMcP80

Postby PaulMcP80 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:34 pm

Man, I didn't think Funko was that old. It might be because I've been living under a rock for a while, but I thought these were quite a recent beast, and that there wouldn't be any actual "history" to talk about.
But well, I stand corrected; good for the company, they've been on the market for a while and growing fast, that says a lot about their board of executives and development choices.

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:20 am

I probably visit this thread once a year, just to look at the run DMC urban vinyl pics that I’ve been searching for
A long while now lol.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am

Raypunz wrote:I probably visit this thread once a year, just to look at the run DMC urban vinyl pics that I’ve been searching for
A long while now lol.

Those Run DMC pieces are dope!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Since I started collecting nearly 2 years ago, I have nothing odd per say. The Freddy shows do look funny BTW lol
Image Image
ImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:51 pm

My oddest is probably this Wild Bill’s GITD variant wobbler. Which for some reason is in an Austin powers box???

I included a picture of the normal variant as well as a picture of the back of the box with some history of Wild Bill.
“One of the first shops to carry the FunKo line, Wild Bill knows a good thing when he sees it, and here at FunKo we do too! This Wacky Wobbler’s for you Bill. Wobble on!”
-maybe Mike Becker?

Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Stitch626 wrote:
Stareiskies wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

You can make some printable Funko paper crafts for free :)
https://www.funko.com/blog/article/may- ... per-crafts
Here’s one I made!
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Nis_chac wrote:My oddest is probably this Wild Bill’s GITD variant wobbler. Which for some reason is in an Austin powers box???

Spoiler: show
I included a picture of the normal variant as well as a picture of the back of the box with some history of Wild Bill.
“One of the first shops to carry the FunKo line, Wild Bill knows a good thing when he sees it, and here at FunKo we do too! This Wacky Wobbler’s for you Bill. Wobble on!”
-maybe Mike Becker?

There are several Wobblers that also released in the Austin Powers box (GITD Franken Berry is the one that immediately comes to mind). Funko most likely had a bunch of extra boxes and decided to use them instead of printing new boxes :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:06 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:My oddest is probably this Wild Bill’s GITD variant wobbler. Which for some reason is in an Austin powers box???

-maybe Mike Becker?

There are several Wobblers that also released in the Austin Powers box (GITD Franken Berry is the one that immediately comes to mind). Funko most likely had a bunch of extra boxes and decided to use them instead of printing new boxes :D

Cool wobblers! Funko had to save money back then by cutting corners, they weren’t a near-billion dollar franchise in those days =P~
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:20 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

-maybe Mike Becker?

Cool wobblers! Funko had to save money back then by cutting corners, they weren’t a near-billion dollar franchise in those days =P~

That's interesting! I thought that they possibly lost the box at Wild Bill's and just popped it (pun intended) into the next available box XD
ImageImage

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Nothing too crazy compared to everyone else but i have one of the crazy color boo berry protos signed and numbered by brian! Also have a few of the polystone ad icon wobblers!

Return to “Other Funko Products”