Bob’s Big Boy

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Raypunz

Re: Bob’s Big Boy

Postby Raypunz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:18 am

I got one for $5 the other day at a vintage shop :-)

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:35 am

nice score! I saw an OG red base one on ebay with its current bid at $300, don't know if it's getting shill bidded.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

badger

Postby badger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:05 am

Raypunz wrote:I got one for $5 the other day at a vintage shop :-)

Nice score!
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

badger

Postby badger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:06 am

TriFeckTa wrote:nice score! I saw an OG red base one on ebay with its current bid at $300, don't know if it's getting shill bidded.

Yeah I think it’s definitely getting shill bidded to try and profit off of the film as much as possible

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:32 pm

cerealkiller wrote:I own it and I love it

Congrats and Very very cool indeed!

I was looking at one red based one on eBay, and it got to about $150....I want one, but not that badly :)
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:18 pm

badger wrote:Today’s addition to the collection, and my first wobbler: LE 1000 1998 Big Boy!
This is a really awesome piece of funko history, and I’m very happy to own it!

I like this piece! Congrats!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:33 pm

So cool!
ImageImageImage

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
badger wrote:Today’s addition to the collection, and my first wobbler: LE 1000 1998 Big Boy!

I like this piece! Congrats!

Where they really LE 1000?! Did not know that.

After seeing this from the movie it makes me want one now.
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm really p*** Making Fun is inflating the value of the OG Red base! I've been looking for it for forever! I almost had one for $30 last year, but the seller was super annoying. First she only wanted to sell as a lot, then she said she would sell for $30 before backing out. Then, she reposted the lot without it (probably because she sold it to somebody else)!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

grasshoppa_95

Postby grasshoppa_95 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:04 am

Very nice! I hope to get one of these one day. It will be a nice piece of Funko history to add to the collection
The name is Nick :hello2: I've owned Pops since 2015, but really started collecting in 2017!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Breakfast Club - Fundays 2018

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:14 am

Iheartfunko wrote:
badger wrote:
Iheartfunko wrote:He looks sick. Where did you find him?

Got him off eBay for a great price of $20!

That’s a great price. eBay have been a miss lately for me.

That was a great price :freddy3:
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Fnkyeahryry

Postby Fnkyeahryry » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:53 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

Congratulations on an awesome Big Boy Wobbler!! That is the one that started it all, so most definitely a piece of history there!! Now you should get the other versions too :razz:

Here is a reference for some of the other Big Boy Wobblers if you find it useful.. :thumbright:

I know, i know....you all must be saying, "why so many Big Boy's!?" Well, Funko actually had 8 “different”Big Boy Wobblers by the time they vaulted him. These included here from my collection actually shows some of the differences, while the others are simply more font size variances or unintended errors, such as the trademark symbol being left off.

As you can see, two different types of boxes from the front view, the "Bobbing Head" box & the "Funko Bobble-Head" box.. Only two with a sticker are the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998, which were 1 of 1000 and individually numbered; i have 605 as you can see. The second, has the "Bob's Burbank Anniversary" sticker, this also being 1 of 1000, but not individually numbered.

To really tell the difference you must take them out of the box to inspect their bases, as these are the main differences between the 5 i have.
(LEFT - RIGHT)
The Red Base is the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998.
The White Base is the Burbank Anniversary Big Boy, with the base saying, "Bob's Burbank 50th Anniversary"
The white base in the middle with the base saying, "Home of the Double Decker" with the standard print font
Next one also has a white base with "Home of the Double Decker", but this one has the same font as the original and first Big Boy by Funko
Last one also has "Home of the Double Decker" on the base, but is a silver base. This one also is done in more of a matte finish and is not glossy as the previous Big Boys.

What does it all mean....i have no idea lol With every second and third production wave, slight unintentional variants were created and released leaving funatics in a frenzy to try to catch one of each ](*,)

Only a few minor noticeable differences on the bottoms of the boxes...the first Big Boy also has it's individual number stickered to the base, while the 4th box is the same on the bottom, but without the numbered sticker.

Very minor differences on the rear of the boxes as well, with all sporting the same "1998 Elias Brothers" printing except the Silver based Big Boy on the RIGHT end, which is listed as "2001 Big Boy Restaurants INT LLC". Other than that, two have a slightly more cramped History paragraph style, while the other three have spacing and a few of the details about Wian being scrambled.

Fun times!! :compress:

Thanks so much for that info and pictures! I was wondering what the differences were.

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:54 am

Great find!
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:19 am

Pryde72 wrote:

I was looking at one red based one on eBay, and it got to about $150....I want one, but not that badly :)

That would buy a lot of big boy burgers! :D :D
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

badger

Postby badger » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 am

grasshoppa_95 wrote:Very nice! I hope to get one of these one day. It will be a nice piece of Funko history to add to the collection

Yeah, it’s really great and I’m glad I got it before the film released!

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

That would buy a lot of big boy burgers! :D :D

Or any kind of burger lol

I’m pretty sure the hype will die down, though....at least I hope it does
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 pm

:cheese: This would be cool to own. Starting to love wacky wobblers.

grasshoppa_95

Postby grasshoppa_95 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:16 am

badger wrote:
grasshoppa_95 wrote:Very nice! I hope to get one of these one day. It will be a nice piece of Funko history to add to the collection

Yeah, it’s really great and I’m glad I got it before the film released!

Yeah now I'm going to have to hope that I can find one for a reasonable price!
The name is Nick :hello2: I've owned Pops since 2015, but really started collecting in 2017!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Breakfast Club - Fundays 2018

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:59 am

acbernardez wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:There's one on eBay going for a ridiculously fake price due to shill bidding. It's funny lol

Yeah, I was watching that for a while, but it was getting stupid high! Patience will hopefully be my friend haha!

I want one but I'll just wait for the new pop to come out lol
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:01 am

FearlessPhotog wrote:
acbernardez wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:There's one on eBay going for a ridiculously fake price due to shill bidding. It's funny lol

Yeah, I was watching that for a while, but it was getting stupid high! Patience will hopefully be my friend haha!

yeah its def shill bidders, i am hoping to snag one for a more reasonable price as well lol

After watching the movie, I realized there were different variants. I honestly never knew that lol

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:41 am

rontonsoup wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
acbernardez wrote:

yeah its def shill bidders, i am hoping to snag one for a more reasonable price as well lol

After watching the movie, I realized there were different variants. I honestly never knew that lol

i didn't know that either at the time lol

OUTSIDER31

Postby OUTSIDER31 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:19 am

Whats a good price for a big boy

badger

Postby badger » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:25 am

OUTSIDER31 wrote:Whats a good price for a big boy

All depends on what you’re willing to pay. I got mine for around $15, but I wouldn’t recommend buying now, while the hype for the movie is still around, cause they’re very expensive right now

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

So, I decided to go to Big Boys for lunch since I haven't been to one since I was a kid, and they sell the bobble heads still for $15. Booyah!!!

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:16 pm

rontonsoup wrote:So, I decided to go to Big Boys for lunch since I haven't been to one since I was a kid, and they sell the bobble heads still for $15. Booyah!!!

Oh wow. Nice! Congrats! =D>
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:19 pm

rontonsoup wrote:So, I decided to go to Big Boys for lunch since I haven't been to one since I was a kid, and they sell the bobble heads still for $15. Booyah!!!

But it's not Funko :(

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

Man this is a very cool wobbler!

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:41 am

I really want to get one of this... any suggestions?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Dpop_11

Postby Dpop_11 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm

This is my first post! :razz:
I decided to choose this adorable boy for my first post. The number 951 of 1000.
Thanks for very informative, I learned there are 8 different Bog Boy Wobbler, so I want other types. But I think current ebay prices are very high.

Parzival8182

Postby Parzival8182 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

Congratulations on an awesome Big Boy Wobbler!! That is the one that started it all, so most definitely a piece of history there!! Now you should get the other versions too :razz:

Here is a reference for some of the other Big Boy Wobblers if you find it useful.. :thumbright:

I know, i know....you all must be saying, "why so many Big Boy's!?" Well, Funko actually had 8 “different”Big Boy Wobblers by the time they vaulted him. These included here from my collection actually shows some of the differences, while the others are simply more font size variances or unintended errors, such as the trademark symbol being left off.

As you can see, two different types of boxes from the front view, the "Bobbing Head" box & the "Funko Bobble-Head" box.. Only two with a sticker are the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998, which were 1 of 1000 and individually numbered; i have 605 as you can see. The second, has the "Bob's Burbank Anniversary" sticker, this also being 1 of 1000, but not individually numbered.

To really tell the difference you must take them out of the box to inspect their bases, as these are the main differences between the 5 i have.
(LEFT - RIGHT)
The Red Base is the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998.
The White Base is the Burbank Anniversary Big Boy, with the base saying, "Bob's Burbank 50th Anniversary"
The white base in the middle with the base saying, "Home of the Double Decker" with the standard print font
Next one also has a white base with "Home of the Double Decker", but this one has the same font as the original and first Big Boy by Funko
Last one also has "Home of the Double Decker" on the base, but is a silver base. This one also is done in more of a matte finish and is not glossy as the previous Big Boys.

What does it all mean....i have no idea lol With every second and third production wave, slight unintentional variants were created and released leaving funatics in a frenzy to try to catch one of each ](*,)

Only a few minor noticeable differences on the bottoms of the boxes...the first Big Boy also has it's individual number stickered to the base, while the 4th box is the same on the bottom, but without the numbered sticker.

Very minor differences on the rear of the boxes as well, with all sporting the same "1998 Elias Brothers" printing except the Silver based Big Boy on the RIGHT end, which is listed as "2001 Big Boy Restaurants INT LLC". Other than that, two have a slightly more cramped History paragraph style, while the other three have spacing and a few of the details about Wian being scrambled.

Fun times!! :compress:

Are there any other different boxes besides these ones? The box I have is different. I'm trying to figure out if I have an actual Funko Big Boy or a really clever fake.

badger

Postby badger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:08 pm

philipali wrote:I really want to get one of this... any suggestions?

Just keep an eye on eBay, cause that’s where I got mine from. Eventually one will go up at the right price and you’ll nab it!

philipali

Postby philipali » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm

badger wrote:

Just keep an eye on eBay, cause that’s where I got mine from. Eventually one will go up at the right price and you’ll nab it!

Thanks.. How much is it averaging now?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

kastudillo

Postby kastudillo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Congrats!!! This is a really cool piece being that I'm from California it brings back fond memories!
Love anything Funko!!! :freddy3:
ImageImage

badger

Postby badger » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:12 am

philipali wrote:
badger wrote:

Thanks.. How much is it averaging now?

Well I mean at the moment the price is quite high cause of the hype from the film. I’d suggest waiting a few months and then grabbing one :)

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:17 am

Amazing find!
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:28 am

Great find!
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:53 am

Wow! That's a great find! You never know what you'll find at vintage shops, yard and garage sales! Congrats!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Dpop_11 wrote:Image

This is my first post! :razz:
I decided to choose this adorable boy for my first post. The number 951 of 1000.
Thanks for very informative, I learned there are 8 different Bog Boy Wobbler, so I want other types. But I think current ebay prices are very high.

Welcome and nice way to start off your time on the boards!

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:02 am

I don't own any wacky wobblers, but I wouldn't mind adding one of these to the collection.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 am

Bob's Big Boy is probably one of the few wobblerz I'd get.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”