Rick & Morty Mystery Minis *WAVE 2*

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Lakers

Re: Rick & Morty Mystery Minis *WAVE 2*

Postby Lakers » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Mr Yac wrote:my target got them...I was of course too late and they were picked over. stupidly tried my luck anyway and got Summer and Hemorrhage :(

How many boxes were in the case when you arrive?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Lakers wrote:How many boxes were in the case when you arrive?

9, so I should've known better (and to be honest i did) then to even try as it was pretty obvious it was somebody that knew where to look.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Found two cases (both by accident) out here in the burbs. They're around. I think the store just has to sell out of S1 first.

Hey Bizzy what suburb are you in? That way I know which one NOT to check lol. I've been checking most Targets in Chicago and there's nothing here. I don't get how some of IL got them that long ago and none in Chicago have gotten them...

Haha I'm out by Schaumburg, Bloomingdale. I'll be keeping my eye out for any more for you guys. I used the second set to trade for the HT exclusives I missed out on. So no more needed here!

Awesome— thank you! I’m going to keep looking this weekend so I’m hopeful I can find them without resorting to eBay.
I'm Abe

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Seeing the prices on ebay is Discouraging. I tried to go to the states on Saturday but no luck.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:16 pm

willy wonka wrote:Seeing the prices on ebay is Discouraging. I tried to go to the states on Saturday but no luck.

Yeah, those prices are ridiculous. I don’t even think the Gamestop or Hot Topic Exclusives got up that high and they’re all 1/12.
I'm Abe

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:40 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote: I don’t even think the Gamestop or Hot Topic Exclusives got up that high and they’re all 1/12.

Target is such a pain in the butt to get exclusives at, that really helps jack up the prices. I wouldn't mind getting them, but thankfully they had the 3 exclusives i'm least interested in.

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
throneofgames wrote:Hey Bizzy what suburb are you in? That way I know which one NOT to check lol. I've been checking most Targets in Chicago and there's nothing here. I don't get how some of IL got them that long ago and none in Chicago have gotten them...

Haha I'm out by Schaumburg, Bloomingdale. I'll be keeping my eye out for any more for you guys. I used the second set to trade for the HT exclusives I missed out on. So no more needed here!

Awesome— thank you! I’m going to keep looking this weekend so I’m hopeful I can find them without resorting to eBay.

Same here Abe! And thanks for keeping us in mind Bizzy, it is much appreciated! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated if I find any if you guys can do the same. Good luck hunting!
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am

Mr Yac wrote:my target got them...I was of course too late and they were picked over. stupidly tried my luck anyway and got Summer and Hemorrhage :(

Ahh bummer man...yeah if there were 3 missing chances are someone grabbed all of the exclusives. I always get so uneasy pulling from an incomplete case :(
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm

throneofgames wrote:

Ahh bummer man...yeah if there were 3 missing chances are someone grabbed all of the exclusives. I always get so uneasy pulling from an incomplete case :(

Agree...sometimes you feel lucky, then you open a common and you're like "Why did I buy this? I knew better." :/

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
throneofgames wrote:

Agree...sometimes you feel lucky, then you open a common and you're like "Why did I buy this? I knew better." :/

Every once and a great while you come across a non-common though and it resets your hopes lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:38 pm

throneofgames wrote:Ahh bummer man...yeah if there were 3 missing chances are someone grabbed all of the exclusives. I always get so uneasy pulling from an incomplete case :(

I usually avoid it too, but I figured this is probably my only shot to try for them as my targets are horrible here for Funko.

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
throneofgames wrote:Ahh bummer man...yeah if there were 3 missing chances are someone grabbed all of the exclusives. I always get so uneasy pulling from an incomplete case :(

I usually avoid it too, but I figured this is probably my only shot to try for them as my targets are horrible here for Funko.

I tell myself not to buy from incomplete cases, but I always end up doing it anyway. There’s always a part of me that stays hopeful.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:48 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
I tell myself not to buy from incomplete cases, but I always end up doing it anyway. There’s always a part of me that stays hopeful.

yeah, between Series 2 and Cuphead I've been just throwing away money on dupes lately. it's just so rare for me to ever find a new case in my area. but after my terrible luck lately I think i'm done on minis for awhile.

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Dang congrats to all finding them! I’ve been checking out 3 targets everyday for the past couple weeks and nothing. This is turning out to be the biggest pain set to complete!

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Is a pain to find this set Target exclusives. Even all three is in the case don't mean anything if we cannot get to the cases.

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 pm

RBlue30 wrote:Dang congrats to all finding them! I’ve been checking out 3 targets everyday for the past couple weeks and nothing. This is turning out to be the biggest pain set to complete!

Have been doing the same. The fatigue has set in big time. ](*,)

I hope to not be back in a Target for a good long while after I find these.

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
throneofgames wrote:

This was me trying to find a Ghost in Jar for Series 1. I swear that I can hear Mr Poopy Butthole laughing at me every time I pulled him out of a box.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 am

throneofgames wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Same here Abe! And thanks for keeping us in mind Bizzy, it is much appreciated! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated if I find any if you guys can do the same. Good luck hunting!

You guys, I was finally able to find them! I made my nightly calls to a handful of Targets and the one in the West Loop had a new case! Needless to say, I rushed there last night and bought them. It took 8 boxes but I finally got the 3 exclusives. Now I have more dups lol So worth it!
I'm Abe

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

You guys, I was finally able to find them! I made my nightly calls to a handful of Targets and the one in the West Loop had a new case! Needless to say, I rushed there last night and bought them. It took 8 boxes but I finally got the 3 exclusives. Now I have more dups lol So worth it!

Woo hoo! Congrats!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:55 am

cmasicampo wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:

This was me trying to find a Ghost in Jar for Series 1. I swear that I can hear Mr Poopy Butthole laughing at me every time I pulled him out of a box.

It's so light!! It had to be it!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Yea that one is the worst. lol

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:I’ve been to 7 Targets now and no luck. The closest I got was having an employee say they had a fresh case in back only to have them bring me Series 1. Such a rush when I saw the box only to be utterly disappointed. It’s awesome lol

Found two cases (both by accident) out here in the burbs. They're around. I think the store just has to sell out of S1 first.

I got real excited the other day when I was walking to the Funko section and seen a box of R&M mystery minis and yes when I got over there it was series 1.

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:55 am

To all still looking for these, here's my tips: 1. call your local Target, and ask for the electronics desk. 2. give them the DPCI, 323-01=0520. 3. If they can successfully locate the case, have them visually check if it has ONLY AT TARGET red sticker on it. If they say it doesn't that's series 1. 4. Ride like the wind and get to that case.

If you don't have a scale, try to feel for noob-noob, he will be the lightest one. if the box next to it feels like the heaviest one, That's Jaguar. Rick feels like the next heaviest and it's next to a medium weight feeling Morty. you may get the weaponized & sentient arm morty by mistake.

Breaks my heart to see so many on here run from Target to Target hoping the right things happen. This will save a lot of time and heartache.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 pm

mrxdoe wrote:To all still looking for these, here's my tips: 1. call your local Target, and ask for the electronics desk. 2. give them the DPCI, 323-01=0520. 3. If they can successfully locate the case, have them visually check if it has ONLY AT TARGET red sticker on it. If they say it doesn't that's series 1. 4. Ride like the wind and get to that case.

If you don't have a scale, try to feel for noob-noob, he will be the lightest one. if the box next to it feels like the heaviest one, That's Jaguar. Rick feels like the next heaviest and it's next to a medium weight feeling Morty. you may get the weaponized & sentient arm morty by mistake.

Breaks my heart to see so many on here run from Target to Target hoping the right things happen. This will save a lot of time and heartache.

That's very sound advice! I made the mistake of driving to a few Targets before realizing that I can just call them and hope the employees would be willing to walk over and check for series 1 vs series 2. Last night the woman who helped me was so nice. She was excited as I was opening up my boxes and finding the exclusives. She didn't understand the whole thing behind mystery minis but was so fascinated by them. Top notch service!
I'm Abe

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:54 pm

mrxdoe wrote:To all still looking for these, here's my tips: 1. call your local Target, and ask for the electronics desk. 2. give them the DPCI, 323-01=0520. 3. If they can successfully locate the case, have them visually check if it has ONLY AT TARGET red sticker on it. If they say it doesn't that's series 1. 4. Ride like the wind and get to that case.

Thanks for the advice! Congrats to those who have managed to finish the sets and good luck to everyone still on the hunt!
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Thanks for the tips! Great advice!

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, It’s hard to find workers in my area that will actually complete those steps. Most will say that they see them and when I get there it’s not the minis. There’s 1 super helpful employee but unfortunately his store didn’t receive them yet. Oh well. But really appreciate the advice! Glad you were able to complete your set!

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:07 pm

DaleDobeck wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:Dang congrats to all finding them! I’ve been checking out 3 targets everyday for the past couple weeks and nothing. This is turning out to be the biggest pain set to complete!

Have been doing the same. The fatigue has set in big time. ](*,)

I hope to not be back in a Target for a good long while after I find these.

Haha dude nice name!

But yea seriously. I’m discouraged to even try the series 3 of Harry Potter because of target...

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 pm

RBlue30 wrote:

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, It’s hard to find workers in my area that will actually complete those steps. Most will say that they see them and when I get there it’s not the minis. There’s 1 super helpful employee but unfortunately his store didn’t receive them yet. Oh well. But really appreciate the advice! Glad you were able to complete your set!

Thanks. That is very helpful. But I don't know how many Target will have employees that will do actually go to check it out and come back with the correct info.

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Are we still operating under the layout from a couple pages back of Toxic Morty being bottom front left, Toxic Rick being bottom front right and Jaguar being bottom middle right?

Also, same thing happened to me last week that has happened to some others -- very nice lady checked the DPCI and said we have some in the back, and she brought out a full case of series 1. When I went back to the store a week later, all 12 boxes were still there, but they were all stacked outside of the case all over the place on the shelf. Weird.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Chazzy82 wrote:Are we still operating under the layout from a couple pages back of Toxic Morty being bottom front left, Toxic Rick being bottom front right and Jaguar being bottom middle right?

Also, same thing happened to me last week that has happened to some others -- very nice lady checked the DPCI and said we have some in the back, and she brought out a full case of series 1. When I went back to the store a week later, all 12 boxes were still there, but they were all stacked outside of the case all over the place on the shelf. Weird.

That is not too weird. Weird is what a local Target did to Justice League boxes. They put a small plastic hanger to each individual box and hang them on the wall.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:26 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:I’ve been to 7 Targets now and no luck. The closest I got was having an employee say they had a fresh case in back only to have them bring me Series 1. Such a rush when I saw the box only to be utterly disappointed. It’s awesome lol

I got real excited the other day when I was walking to the Funko section and seen a box of R&M mystery minis and yes when I got over there it was series 1.

This in a nutshell has been every Target ever I've walked into lately. These and the exclusive pints they were supposed to get have become a real headache ](*,)

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:05 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
datfunkojawn wrote:Everytime I find these at the stores they’re mostly torn up and opened or empty. Makes me sad that I have to buy them second hand. I lose the element of surprise :(

yeah, especially at walmart :-/

Walmart is the worst. I find not only open but they even open the black bag inside. And often times it's empty. They might have to start putting these in lock up :freddy3:

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Finally found a case! But unfortunately someone opened all of the minis and took the exclusives. At least I didn’t buy any to get doubles...

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:50 pm

RBlue30 wrote:Finally found a case! But unfortunately someone opened all of the minis and took the exclusives. At least I didn’t buy any to get doubles...

That is the worst. I came across an empty case the other day but at least someone purchased them. Cant stand seeing the fingered and slashed boxes and it's been getting worse around my area lately ](*,)

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
datfunkojawn wrote:Everytime I find these at the stores they’re mostly torn up and opened or empty. Makes me sad that I have to buy them second hand. I lose the element of surprise :(

yeah, especially at walmart :-/

Walmart is the worst. I find not only open but they even open the black bag inside. And often times it's empty. They might have to start putting these in lock up :freddy3:

yeah, this is why we can’t have nice things...

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 pm

NOOB NOOB!
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Dieselsaauce

Postby Dieselsaauce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:03 am

throneofgames wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Where in Chicago are you guys?! I'm new to the mini hunting game and idk if I want to keep doing it. It's kind of Ridiculous how so many people finger poke the bags or just open then there and leave the commons.
I'm new to the forum too trying to work with each other may be the best way to complete a set im tired of getting repeats over and over!!
I know I have yet to see target exclusives yet at about 4 chicago targets and 3 suburb targets. And I go everywhere. South north northwest burbs.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 am

Dieselsaauce wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Where in Chicago are you guys?! I'm new to the mini hunting game and idk if I want to keep doing it. It's kind of Ridiculous how so many people finger poke the bags or just open then there and leave the commons.
I'm new to the forum too trying to work with each other may be the best way to complete a set im tired of getting repeats over and over!!
I know I have yet to see target exclusives yet at about 4 chicago targets and 3 suburb targets. And I go everywhere. South north northwest burbs.

Hey! Welcome! Minis can be a challenge. Especially these days because more people are seeing the easy profit on them so we get a lot of cherry picking and people who do, like you said, have their way with the boxes. But, there are ways to beat them some times. Just have to pay attention to when stuff starts coming out, be diligent and knowledgeable. My suggestion (that I need to listen to myself some times) is to just focus on some sets and not go after every one. You'll burn out that way. A lot of sets will have layouts which can help if the box is fresh, there are weights to use that help some times, too.

I'm out in the burbs, Bloomingdale/Schaumburg area myself. Are you just doing R&M minis?
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am

Dieselsaauce wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Prior to finding my set last week, I had been to the Target on 40th-ish and Pulaski, 73rd-ish and Cicero, Cermak/Cicero, Hodgkins, Tinley Park, Orland Park, Crestwood and Hillside.

Like Bizzy said, it's tough trying to complete sets without sometimes resorting to eBay. If it's a series I need to complete then I stay on top of when cases are hitting the area and call stores almost daily. Duplicates are almost unavoidable, apparently even when people use scales/layouts. I completed almost 3 sets of series 2 of R&M while completing the set. lol
I'm Abe

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:54 am

:bom: o
RBlue30 wrote:Finally found a case! But unfortunately someone opened all of the minis and took the exclusives. At least I didn’t buy any to get doubles...

I don't know who get the lost, Target or Funko. I can tell in the trading cards department, Target is mot in charge of it. There is another person to put the cards and pick up the open packs. So Target is not worry if you search or open the packs, but Ibdon't know is the same for the Funko figures.

Return to “Blind Bags”