Rick & Morty Mystery Minis *WAVE 2*

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
throneofgames

Re: Rick & Morty Mystery Minis *WAVE 2*

Postby throneofgames » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Dieselsaauce wrote:
throneofgames wrote:Same here Abe! And thanks for keeping us in mind Bizzy, it is much appreciated! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated if I find any if you guys can do the same. Good luck hunting!

Where in Chicago are you guys?! I'm new to the mini hunting game and idk if I want to keep doing it. It's kind of Ridiculous how so many people finger poke the bags or just open then there and leave the commons.
I'm new to the forum too trying to work with each other may be the best way to complete a set im tired of getting repeats over and over!!
I know I have yet to see target exclusives yet at about 4 chicago targets and 3 suburb targets. And I go everywhere. South north northwest burbs.

Prior to finding my set last week, I had been to the Target on 40th-ish and Pulaski, 73rd-ish and Cicero, Cermak/Cicero, Hodgkins, Tinley Park, Orland Park, Crestwood and Hillside.

Like Bizzy said, it's tough trying to complete sets without sometimes resorting to eBay. If it's a series I need to complete then I stay on top of when cases are hitting the area and call stores almost daily. Duplicates are almost unavoidable, apparently even when people use scales/layouts. I completed almost 3 sets of series 2 of R&M while completing the set. lol

Haha oh man that's a lot of R&M minis!! At least they look great and the character selection was good. I've checked out a bunch in the city and some in the north suburbs on the way out to Gurnee, but still nothing.
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
Dieselsaauce wrote:
throneofgames wrote:Same here Abe! And thanks for keeping us in mind Bizzy, it is much appreciated! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated if I find any if you guys can do the same. Good luck hunting!

Where in Chicago are you guys?! I'm new to the mini hunting game and idk if I want to keep doing it. It's kind of Ridiculous how so many people finger poke the bags or just open then there and leave the commons.
I'm new to the forum too trying to work with each other may be the best way to complete a set im tired of getting repeats over and over!!
I know I have yet to see target exclusives yet at about 4 chicago targets and 3 suburb targets. And I go everywhere. South north northwest burbs.

Hey! Welcome! Minis can be a challenge. Especially these days because more people are seeing the easy profit on them so we get a lot of cherry picking and people who do, like you said, have their way with the boxes. But, there are ways to beat them some times. Just have to pay attention to when stuff starts coming out, be diligent and knowledgeable. My suggestion (that I need to listen to myself some times) is to just focus on some sets and not go after every one. You'll burn out that way. A lot of sets will have layouts which can help if the box is fresh, there are weights to use that help some times, too.

I'm out in the burbs, Bloomingdale/Schaumburg area myself. Are you just doing R&M minis?

I'm on the Northside in Chicago. How about you Diesel? Best bet is always with a fresh case as you have the best odds of eventually pulling what you need. If something is missing there's always a chance it's going to be what you were looking for, especially if there are layouts and people know what to look for.
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:55 am

RBlue30 wrote:Finally found a case! But unfortunately someone opened all of the minis and took the exclusives. At least I didn’t buy any to get doubles...

WOW!! That's some nerve right there. That's crazy as hell.

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:12 am

Gooker1 wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
Agree...sometimes you feel lucky, then you open a common and you're like "Why did I buy this? I knew better." :/

This was me trying to find a Ghost in Jar for Series 1. I swear that I can hear Mr Poopy Butthole laughing at me every time I pulled him out of a box.

It's so light!! It had to be it!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Yea that one is the worst. lol

Lol @ Gooker can't tell you how many times I've done that.

I'm glad I started collecting after series 1 came out - I missed out on the multiple buttholes :roflmao:

I was able to get ghost in a jar for a reasonable price off ebay, but some of those others....fml lol

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:13 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

You guys, I was finally able to find them! I made my nightly calls to a handful of Targets and the one in the West Loop had a new case! Needless to say, I rushed there last night and bought them. It took 8 boxes but I finally got the 3 exclusives. Now I have more dups lol So worth it!

Woo hoo! Congrats!

South loop is that the one on State? That's awesome man glad to hear you got them! Sorry it took 8 boxes though lol. Do you remember where you pulled them from or were you too excited to keep track?

Dieselsaauce

Postby Dieselsaauce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:17 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
Dieselsaauce wrote:

I'm new to the forum too trying to work with each other may be the best way to complete a s et im tired of getting repeats over and over!!

Hey! Welcome! Minis can be a challenge. Especially these days because more people are seeing the easy profit on them so we get a lot of cherry picking and people who do, like you said, have their way with the boxes. But, there are ways to beat them some times. Just have to pay attention to when stuff starts coming out, be diligent and knowledgeable. My suggestion (that I need to listen to myself some times) is to just focus on some sets and not go after every one. You'll burn out that way. A lot of sets will have layouts which can help if the box is fresh, there are weights to use that help some times, too.

I'm out in the burbs, Bloomingdale/Schaumburg area myself. Are you just doing R&M minis?

I got into the minis because rick and morty. Still need to complete the 1st set. For the 2nd series I need hot topic and target. I did get 6 hot topic boxes with all commons. That case was picked through.

I'm working on the impossible WB series.
I'm hoping to get the rest of the series 2 RM since it's easier all being 1/12 yet still spending too much.

Also have a ton of duplicates for the nickelodeon.

Just started cuphead and have yet to pull anything but 1/6 And 1/12.

Dieselsaauce

Postby Dieselsaauce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:24 am

throneofgames wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Dieselsaauce wrote:

I'm on the Northside in Chicago. How about you Diesel? Best bet is always with a fresh case as you have the best odds of eventually pulling what you need. If something is missing there's always a chance it's going to be what you were looking for, especially if there are layouts and people know what to look for.

I'm all over. I spend half my time up north half out south and work around westish start of the South side. Once I figure out how to work this forum better I start gw thing to know ppl. Shoot me a dm maybe we can work together. I feel like I'm no help really I'm only focusing on a few sets and really only have commons. I do have a bunch of stump PTM and flibert tho!

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:27 am

throneofgames wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:
This was me trying to find a Ghost in Jar for Series 1. I swear that I can hear Mr Poopy Butthole laughing at me every time I pulled him out of a box.

It's so light!! It had to be it!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Yea that one is the worst. lol

I'm glad I started collecting after series 1 came out - I missed out on the multiple buttholes :roflmao:

I was able to get ghost in a jar for a reasonable price off ebay, but some of those others....fml lol

Niiice! I collect some of series 1, but not trying to go for the high dollar stuff anytime soon. Thankfully series 2 is all 1/12!! That changed everything for me.

Dieselsaauce

Postby Dieselsaauce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:39 am

It's still stupid expensive trying. And I don't have as much time as I would like to study call around and go out and get them so half the time I'm just getting picked over boxes

Dieselsaauce

Postby Dieselsaauce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am

Prior to finding my set last week, I had been to the Target on 40th-ish and Pulaski, 73rd-ish and Cicero, Cermak/Cicero, Hodgkins, Tinley Park, Orland Park, Crestwood and Hillside.

Like Bizzy said, it's tough trying to complete sets without sometimes resorting to eBay. If it's a series I need to complete then I stay on top of when cases are hitting the area and call stores almost daily. Duplicates are almost unavoidable, apparently even when people use scales/layouts. I completed almost 3 sets of series 2 of R&M while completing the set. lol[/quote]
Haha oh man that's a lot of R&M minis!! At least they look great and the character selection was good. I've checked out a bunch in the city and some in the north suburbs on the way out to Gurnee, but still nothing.[/quote]

Idk if I responded to this already or not. But that Crestwood store is terrible. I've been to 73rd and Cicero too no luck. But wasn't really trying too hard then.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:47 am

throneofgames wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:
You guys, I was finally able to find them! I made my nightly calls to a handful of Targets and the one in the West Loop had a new case! Needless to say, I rushed there last night and bought them. It took 8 boxes but I finally got the 3 exclusives. Now I have more dups lol So worth it!

Woo hoo! Congrats!

South loop is that the one on State? That's awesome man glad to hear you got them! Sorry it took 8 boxes though lol. Do you remember where you pulled them from or were you too excited to keep track?

I believe so but I found mine in the West Loop (Jackson). I pulled from both the top and bottom and didn't pay attention to location. It was a fresh case so I knew I was going to get the exclusives no matter what.
I'm Abe

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Woo hoo! Congrats!

I believe so but I found mine in the West Loop (Jackson). I pulled from both the top and bottom and didn't pay attention to location. It was a fresh case so I knew I was going to get the exclusives no matter what.

Congrats on getting them!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Lakers wrote:How many boxes were in the case when you arrive?

9, so I should've known better (and to be honest i did) then to even try as it was pretty obvious it was somebody that knew where to look.

I did the same thing with a case of the Deadpool minis at Target. I of course only got the Boxer for the exclusive, since he's a 1/6. The rest of them were nothing but 1/6 and 1/12 dupes for me. Sigh. I kicked myself pretty hard over buying the case, but I'd lucked out at a previous Target with a partial case by pulling Panda and Mermaid so I thought I might get lucky again this time.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Lakers wrote:How many boxes were in the case when you arrive?

9, so I should've known better (and to be honest i did) then to even try as it was pretty obvious it was somebody that knew where to look.

I did the same thing with a case of the Deadpool minis at Target. I of course only got the Boxer for the exclusive, since he's a 1/6. The rest of them were nothing but 1/6 and 1/12 dupes for me. Sigh. I kicked myself pretty hard over buying the case, but I'd lucked out at a previous Target with a partial case by pulling Panda and Mermaid so I thought I might get lucky again this time.

After is already pick, is hard to find the exclusives. Usually is already gone.

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Woo hoo! Congrats!

Thanks for the info! The hunt continues! lol

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:

Niiice! I collect some of series 1, but not trying to go for the high dollar stuff anytime soon. Thankfully series 2 is all 1/12!! That changed everything for me.

Same here except for those damn Target exclusives lol

Chazzy82

Postby Chazzy82 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 am

Went to 2 of my 3 closest Targets yesterday. The first gentleman was nice enough to scan the DPCI from the series 1 tag on the shelf, and he told me the stock of all stores within 50 miles. As I think has been previously mentioned in this thread, the employees do have the capability to do this. His store had 2 boxes left of series 1, another store had 3 boxes. Then, my nearest store showed 22 in stock for this DPCI, so I headed there.

From a previous visit, I knew 2 boxes were missing from the series 1 case that's on the shelf, which meant there was another FULL case in the back. Another very helpful electronics employee brought out the second case with no problem, and -- you guessed it! -- it was series 1. He basically told me that since the DPCI is the same for both series, nothing new will get shipped to that store until the stock shows 0. I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but it does make sense since so few stores seem to have gotten series 2 in, yet Brickseek shows a very high number of stock throughout the country for this DPCI.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 am

Chazzy82 wrote:Went to 2 of my 3 closest Targets yesterday. The first gentleman was nice enough to scan the DPCI from the series 1 tag on the shelf, and he told me the stock of all stores within 50 miles. As I think has been previously mentioned in this thread, the employees do have the capability to do this. His store had 2 boxes left of series 1, another store had 3 boxes. Then, my nearest store showed 22 in stock for this DPCI, so I headed there.

From a previous visit, I knew 2 boxes were missing from the series 1 case that's on the shelf, which meant there was another FULL case in the back. Another very helpful electronics employee brought out the second case with no problem, and -- you guessed it! -- it was series 1. He basically told me that since the DPCI is the same for both series, nothing new will get shipped to that store until the stock shows 0. I'm not sure if that's 100% true, but it does make sense since so few stores seem to have gotten series 2 in, yet Brickseek shows a very high number of stock throughout the country for this DPCI.

I feel your pain. That exact thing happened to me while I was searching for a Target case. It makes sense that they wouldn't order another case if they still have items with the DPCI in stock. The store I bought my exclusives from had 0 from series 1 left.

Good luck as your hunt continues!!!
I'm Abe

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Chazzy82 wrote:Went to 2 of my 3 closest Targets yesterday. The first gentleman was nice enough to scan the DPCI from the series 1 tag on the shelf, and he told me the stock of all stores within 50 miles. As I think has been previously mentioned in this thread, the employees do have the capability to do this. His store had 2 boxes left of series 1, another store had 3 boxes. Then, my nearest store showed 22 in stock for this DPCI, so I headed there.

I feel your pain. That exact thing happened to me while I was searching for a Target case. It makes sense that they wouldn't order another case if they still have items with the DPCI in stock. The store I bought my exclusives from had 0 from series 1 left.

Good luck as your hunt continues!!!

I don't know if that about no shipment until they show 0 on stock is true or not. Because the store close to my home is out of stock for three weeks already, only have the empty cases from series 1 & 2 in the floor and no sign of restock.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am

Target is lame that way. The lego minifigs have had the same DPCI since the very beginning; that's 20 something series!! ](*,)

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Nothing but series 1 around here. The local one has 5 boxes left. I was thinking about buying them just so they would get some new ones :freddy3:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm

gospeedracer wrote:Nothing but series 1 around here. The local one has 5 boxes left. I was thinking about buying them just so they would get some new ones :freddy3:

I’ve been thinking about doing the same at a few of mine that only have a couple left in stock. With my Targets though, it probably wouldn’t make any difference :mad:

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:Nothing but series 1 around here. The local one has 5 boxes left. I was thinking about buying them just so they would get some new ones :freddy3:

I’ve been thinking about doing the same at a few of mine that only have a couple left in stock. With my Targets though, it probably wouldn’t make any difference :mad:

Haha. We've all thought about it. Buy them and return them at a different store you never go to. But that's too much work. lol

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 am

Gooker1 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Haha. We've all thought about it. Buy them and return them at a different store you never go to. But that's too much work. lol

You are right. I don't like returning anything. I have a couple of hobbies and we have a couple clowns around here that are banned from returning things at a few stores. I know the manager at one of the stores and he told me the one guy is known as a habitual returner. And I guess you can return things without a receipt only a certain amount of times per year. And once at TRU there was this lady that was b**** because they told her she could not return something because they have a 3rd party that keeps track of returners? I don't know but I just bought the rest of WB mystery mini the other day so they would restock and I got 4 1/6 oh well at least they should be getting a few new boxes in

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:49 am

Did anyone have any news if Target will get any more cases of series 2 exclusives?

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 am

Lakers wrote:Did anyone have any news if Target will get any more cases of series 2 exclusives?

Lol any more? I’ve yet to see any and I’m checking everyday at 2-3 targets.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:53 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:I’ve been thinking about doing the same at a few of mine that only have a couple left in stock. With my Targets though, it probably wouldn’t make any difference :mad:

You are right. I don't like returning anything. I have a couple of hobbies and we have a couple clowns around here that are banned from returning things at a few stores. I know the manager at one of the stores and he told me the one guy is known as a habitual returner. And I guess you can return things without a receipt only a certain amount of times per year. And once at TRU there was this lady that was b**** because they told her she could not return something because they have a 3rd party that keeps track of returners? I don't know but I just bought the rest of WB mystery mini the other day so they would restock and I got 4 1/6 oh well at least they should be getting a few new boxes in

Yeah it’s something you definitely need to watch out for, I have a good friend who has had the same thing happen at their local HT. They don’t buy a lot of stuff and return it back, but do a lot of online orders for minis and if they know there were doubles in there, would return them. Eventually they were told they couldn’t do any more returns so it’s something to definitely watch out for. Although with target being such a big company, if its only a couple times it probabaly won’t be that big of a deal

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 pm

DaleDobeck wrote:
Lakers wrote:Did anyone have any news if Target will get any more cases of series 2 exclusives?

Yeah, because my local Target got one case couple of days from release day and nothing since. lol lol

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Lakers wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:

Yeah, because my local Target got one case couple of days from release day and nothing since. lol lol

Lately has been 1 and done. Was lucky to get all 3, but infinity wars exclusives never came to colorado. Good luck.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Lakers wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:

Lately has been 1 and done. Was lucky to get all 3, but infinity wars exclusives never came to colorado. Good luck.

Yup IW was similar around my area. One and done if they got them at all. It was frustrating just like these are turning out to be

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:09 am

Found a almost seal case in Target. Just miss one box from 12. Able to get the three exclusives from the case. Thank God don't need to paid high prices online. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

DaleDobeck wrote:

Same lol. It's becoming quite defeating and I'm not ready to pay Ebay prices. I figure they have gotta show up here eventually but maybe the distributor just doesn't care about my local Target haha

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Two of the Targets by me had already empty boxes of series 2, and none on the way :(
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

maxrecords

Postby maxrecords » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm

what store has dr. xenon bloom and big squantchy? i haven't found either at gamestop or hot topic.

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 pm

maxrecords wrote:what store has dr. xenon bloom and big squantchy? i haven't found either at gamestop or hot topic.

I think Dr Xenon Bloom is a regular release exclusive. As for Buff Squanchy, I just know he’s not in the GameStop boxes.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

maxrecords

Postby maxrecords » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:30 pm

that's bullsquanch.

maxrecords

Postby maxrecords » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 pm

does anyone have a weight on buff squanchy??

DaleDobeck

Postby DaleDobeck » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm

throneofgames wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:

Same lol. It's becoming quite defeating and I'm not ready to pay Ebay prices. I figure they have gotta show up here eventually but maybe the distributor just doesn't care about my local Target haha

Defeating is a perfect word for it.

Everyday I check the same targets and everyday it looks exactly the same. 3 empty mini cases lined up and full of miscellaneous stuff customers have just thrown back on the shelf.

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 am

DaleDobeck wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
DaleDobeck wrote:

Defeating is a perfect word for it.

Everyday I check the same targets and everyday it looks exactly the same. 3 empty mini cases lined up and full of miscellaneous stuff customers have just thrown back on the shelf.

Same dude. I don’t even really want to finish the series anymore. At this point I think I’ll save more time and money just buying them from eBay...

TapouT32

Postby TapouT32 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:24 am

maxrecords wrote:does anyone have a weight on buff squanchy??

I'm pretty sure he's in the 80s, so he's heavier than anything in the common case.

Return to “Blind Bags”