Social Freddy

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
evanbeans100

Re: Social Freddy

Postby evanbeans100 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:39 am

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
Funkast giveaways used to be a decent odd until people picked up on them and just copy what everyone else is doing. I have no doubt only half the entries for their contests actually listen to the podcast

That is too bad. I guess that is the nature of the beast, but wish the real fans could be rewarded

I agree. Too many flippers, nowadays. My wife was ready to pay flipper prices for the FREE "Thank You Freddy" until a friend gave us his.

I am tempted a lot but really try not to reward the flippers.

h3wi3

Postby h3wi3 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 am

PigNosePony wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:I must have two of these social Freddys. I want one for my collection and one to OOB at work!!

NEVERMIND! I just saw the ebay prices!! Perhaps I will just cut out a paper copy and call it a day!

LoL

They are pricey. Just keep trying when Funko posts on social media or find a good trade.
Hbox

ISO: Grey Captian Mal reaction figure proto and GITD Oogie Boogie.

Collecting Funko since 2008 :freddy2:

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:54 am

h3wi3 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:I must have two of these social Freddys. I want one for my collection and one to OOB at work!!

NEVERMIND! I just saw the ebay prices!! Perhaps I will just cut out a paper copy and call it a day!

LoL

They are pricey. Just keep trying when Funko posts on social media or find a good trade.

Thanks for the advice

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:15 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:That is too bad. I guess that is the nature of the beast, but wish the real fans could be rewarded

I agree. Too many flippers, nowadays. My wife was ready to pay flipper prices for the FREE "Thank You Freddy" until a friend gave us his.

That is the best way to do things. When people get upset about secondary market prices but then buy it anyway on eBay it doesn’t exactly help the situation.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:That is too bad. I guess that is the nature of the beast, but wish the real fans could be rewarded

That's how we feel. It sucks, because sometimes, it's unavoidable. There's very few times that we've paid flipper prices for anything. When we did, we played the waiting game to no avail and had no choice. Even some of the fbook groups have just turned into an ebay alternative for some.
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 am

zaghawk wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:I agree. Too many flippers, nowadays. My wife was ready to pay flipper prices for the FREE "Thank You Freddy" until a friend gave us his.

That is the best way to do things. When people get upset about secondary market prices but then buy it anyway on eBay it doesn’t exactly help the situation.

Sometimes, it's unavoidable. We rarely do it unless there's no other option. In a case like the Thank You Freddy, there was no other option until our buddy gave us his. All the real funatics were keeping theirs. Usually for anything else, we have a friend grab us an extra if possible. Even that is getting harder to do with the limit of 1 for each person at a lot places, thanks to people buying multiples to flip. I work 5am-2pm, mon-fri, which makes it darn near impossible to get anything at a store.
ImageImageImage

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm

bspears82 wrote:Still have not snagged one of these yet for my freddy collection but soon :)

If I'm not lucky enough to get one at SDCC or Fundays I may have to resort to secondary market to add one to the Freddy collection :freddy3:

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:54 pm

zaghawk wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:I agree. Too many flippers, nowadays. My wife was ready to pay flipper prices for the FREE "Thank You Freddy" until a friend gave us his.

Agree - it just fuels the fire. I have started to really concentrate on giving back in the help forum here to stop that.

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:

That's how we feel. It sucks, because sometimes, it's unavoidable. There's very few times that we've paid flipper prices for anything. When we did, we played the waiting game to no avail and had no choice. Even some of the fbook groups have just turned into an ebay alternative for some.

I think we are the same. I have had to cave once or twice - in those instances I have tried to go to my local who I know well and try to reward them but sometimes it just does not work out.

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Goldberger wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:I am tempted a lot but really try not to reward the flippers.

Sometimes, it's unavoidable. We rarely do it unless there's no other option. In a case like the Thank You Freddy, there was no other option until our buddy gave us his. All the real funatics were keeping theirs. Usually for anything else, we have a friend grab us an extra if possible. Even that is getting harder to do with the limit of 1 for each person at a lot places, thanks to people buying multiples to flip. I work 5am-2pm, mon-fri, which makes it darn near impossible to get anything at a store.

I agree that the hours are really tough. I have to be on the road to work at about 6:00 AM so hitting up stores that open at 10:00 is pretty near impossible.

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:45 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:I am tempted a lot but really try not to reward the flippers.

Agree - it just fuels the fire. I have started to really concentrate on giving back in the help forum here to stop that.

Sometimes, there's no other alternative. I don't ever pay ridiculous prices. $10-20 over, if I really want it, I can handle. Just like ZEA Batman. One flipper in our area bought every single one of them at both Targets. He got there 5 minutes before us at both locations The eastside Target hadn't even brought them to the floor, yet, and they were sold. I had the opportunity to buy one for $40, that day, and passed thinking it would go down. It never went down :(
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:46 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:

I think we are the same. I have had to cave once or twice - in those instances I have tried to go to my local who I know well and try to reward them but sometimes it just does not work out.

I feel ya. It's not something we do often, but sometimes, you have no choice. It's the nature of our hobby :(
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:47 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

I agree that the hours are really tough. I have to be on the road to work at about 6:00 AM so hitting up stores that open at 10:00 is pretty near impossible.

Sucks having a big boy job. Doesn't it? lol
ImageImageImage

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:56 am

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:Sometimes, it's unavoidable. We rarely do it unless there's no other option. In a case like the Thank You Freddy, there was no other option until our buddy gave us his. All the real funatics were keeping theirs. Usually for anything else, we have a friend grab us an extra if possible. Even that is getting harder to do with the limit of 1 for each person at a lot places, thanks to people buying multiples to flip. I work 5am-2pm, mon-fri, which makes it darn near impossible to get anything at a store.

I don’t want to grow up either but someone has to pay the bills. Luckily, my boss is pretty flexible when I ask to take early lunch. [-o<

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Kwik_One wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:I agree that the hours are really tough. I have to be on the road to work at about 6:00 AM so hitting up stores that open at 10:00 is pretty near impossible.

I don’t want to grow up either but someone has to pay the bills. Luckily, my boss is pretty flexible when I ask to take early lunch. [-o<

We aren't allowed to leave durin lunch :( Gotta be there in case a machine goes or something. Even if I could, my work place is still 20 mins from any pop stops.
ImageImageImage

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Sometimes, there's no other alternative. I don't ever pay ridiculous prices. $10-20 over, if I really want it, I can handle. Just like ZEA Batman. One flipper in our area bought every single one of them at both Targets. He got there 5 minutes before us at both locations The eastside Target hadn't even brought them to the floor, yet, and they were sold. I had the opportunity to buy one for $40, that day, and passed thinking it would go down. It never went down :(

I unfortunately understand. your story about the flipper that bought out all of them in the area is what makes me sad/mad. We have three or four of those guys in our area.

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:Sometimes, it's unavoidable. We rarely do it unless there's no other option. In a case like the Thank You Freddy, there was no other option until our buddy gave us his. All the real funatics were keeping theirs. Usually for anything else, we have a friend grab us an extra if possible. Even that is getting harder to do with the limit of 1 for each person at a lot places, thanks to people buying multiples to flip. I work 5am-2pm, mon-fri, which makes it darn near impossible to get anything at a store.

I will never complain about having a job. ;-)

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Kwik_One wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:I agree that the hours are really tough. I have to be on the road to work at about 6:00 AM so hitting up stores that open at 10:00 is pretty near impossible.

lol Your boss sounds like a good guy/gal. And who said I grew up? lol

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Goldberger wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:
Goldberger wrote:Sucks having a big boy job. Doesn't it? lol

We aren't allowed to leave durin lunch :( Gotta be there in case a machine goes or something. Even if I could, my work place is still 20 mins from any pop stops.

Unfortunately, my job is similar. Unless I plan well in advance, very hard for me to pick up at lunch

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:32 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:Agree - it just fuels the fire. I have started to really concentrate on giving back in the help forum here to stop that.

I unfortunately understand. your story about the flipper that bought out all of them in the area is what makes me sad/mad. We have three or four of those guys in our area.

That's one of the reasons I have gotten very very picky about what I want. I've lost a lot of interest in the hobby. The main things that keep me around are the people in the community and the fact that it's become a family activity in our house :)
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:33 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:Agree - it just fuels the fire. I have started to really concentrate on giving back in the help forum here to stop that.

That's one of the reasons I have gotten very very picky about what I want. I've lost a lot of interest in the hobby. The main things that keep me around are the people in the community and the fact that it's become a family activity in our house :)
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:35 am

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:

Unfortunately, my job is similar. Unless I plan well in advance, very hard for me to pick up at lunch

My wife is the store manager for a local restaurant. So she usually does most of our con/exclusive hunting, now. We usually get the things we want, especially at gamestop. We go to the gamestop that no one goes ti lol
ImageImageImage

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 am

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:Sometimes, there's no other alternative. I don't ever pay ridiculous prices. $10-20 over, if I really want it, I can handle. Just like ZEA Batman. One flipper in our area bought every single one of them at both Targets. He got there 5 minutes before us at both locations The eastside Target hadn't even brought them to the floor, yet, and they were sold. I had the opportunity to buy one for $40, that day, and passed thinking it would go down. It never went down :(

This forum is full of great people. I do not think that I have been part of a forum that has been so helpful and positive.

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 am

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:We aren't allowed to leave durin lunch :( Gotta be there in case a machine goes or something. Even if I could, my work place is still 20 mins from any pop stops.

My wife is the store manager for a local restaurant. So she usually does most of our con/exclusive hunting, now. We usually get the things we want, especially at gamestop. We go to the gamestop that no one goes ti lol

Do you want to give a hint as to where that gamestop is? lol I am kidding of course!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 am

How hard do you think it will be to get one at SDCC?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:50 am

supertoygiant wrote:How hard do you think it will be to get one at SDCC?

I am thinking that it will not be easy and will definitely take some effort. It probably will also mean sacrificing a day at the con if they do any downtown type searches.
Collecting since 2014

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:08 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

I am thinking that it will not be easy and will definitely take some effort. It probably will also mean sacrificing a day at the con if they do any downtown type searches.

Oh no, not what I wanted to hear :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:20 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

If Conan and mono-Conan is any indication, it will be chaos. If they keep the outside search within the streets that are closed to vehicle traffic it will be easier and safer, but still chaos I would imagine.
Collecting since 2014

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:I unfortunately understand. your story about the flipper that bought out all of them in the area is what makes me sad/mad. We have three or four of those guys in our area.

This forum is full of great people. I do not think that I have been part of a forum that has been so helpful and positive.

I 100% agree! I quit paying attention to most fbook groups because it's all drama. Gets on my nerves lol
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:35 pm

evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:Unfortunately, my job is similar. Unless I plan well in advance, very hard for me to pick up at lunch

Do you want to give a hint as to where that gamestop is? lol I am kidding of course!

It's in Evansville, IN on the westside if you can make the drive. We're usually the first ones there, and we don't show up until 30 mins before. The most I've seen in line for SDCC was 4, excluding us. The reason is because HT, B&N, and FYE are all on the eastside where the other 2 Gamestops are lol
ImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:28 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

If Conan and mono-Conan is any indication, it will be chaos. If they keep the outside search within the streets that are closed to vehicle traffic it will be easier and safer, but still chaos I would imagine.

Maybe better to pay extra and get it online!

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am

Goldberger wrote:
evanbeans100 wrote:
Goldberger wrote:My wife is the store manager for a local restaurant. So she usually does most of our con/exclusive hunting, now. We usually get the things we want, especially at gamestop. We go to the gamestop that no one goes ti lol

It's in Evansville, IN on the westside if you can make the drive. We're usually the first ones there, and we don't show up until 30 mins before. The most I've seen in line for SDCC was 4, excluding us. The reason is because HT, B&N, and FYE are all on the eastside where the other 2 Gamestops are lol

That's a great find. Unfortunately, I am a little far from Evansville! lol Maybe one day....

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 pm

I tried to find them at E3...
Never got one :(
xoxo Deb

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 pm

littodeb wrote:I tried to find them at E3...

Atleast you got to go to E3. I'm jealous lol
ImageImageImage

jyc123

Postby jyc123 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Goldberger wrote:
littodeb wrote:I tried to find them at E3...

Atleast you got to go to E3. I'm jealous lol

Yea, I'm still searching for that glow in the dark legendary chalice from E3. :-({|=
Follow me on IG: @funko_collectorz \:D/
Link is https://www.instagram.com/funko_collectorz/?hl=en

I have over 500 pops, someone help!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Don’t really see the appeal of this Freddy, not gonna lie.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 am

GettingSodas wrote:Don’t really see the appeal of this Freddy, not gonna lie.

There are several of us that love just about anything Freddy Funko. So for those of us that collect Freddy just want one to put in our collections. All collectors are different. Not everyone is into the same thing. I can only hope to get one for my Freddy collection :freddy3:

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 am

Think im gonna stick to ebay on this one. Been trying to get one and its not happening.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 am

bspears82 wrote:Think im gonna stick to ebay on this one. Been trying to get one and its not happening.

I'll have to remain patient price on ebay is still way out of my reach :(
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:04 pm

theres only about 100 or so people that watch their mixer streams, 2 times ago was even less. Not awful odds at winning. They even reroll for social media freddy when a person has already won before. Im going to remain patient.

Return to “Pop!”