The Next Marvel Collector Corps Theme - Venom

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: The Next Marvel Collector Corps Theme - Venom

Postby Valde » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:54 am

I know the movie is out in October but with the newly announced Venom-verse I have a feeling it’ll be the latter. Maybe a Venom/Punisher?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Valde wrote:I know the movie is out in October but with the newly announced Venom-verse I have a feeling it’ll be the latter. Maybe a Venom/Punisher?

Nah to really p*** us off it will be another Venom Deadpool variant lol, maybe Carnage-Pool lol.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:40 pm

I’m predicting just a new Venom pop. In the new wave coming out there’s a brand new Carnage, but not a Venom, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we got that here.

Dean1217

Postby Dean1217 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Yes! This is a box theme that I've wanted for a while now and the timing is perfect.
Collecting since 2014
Funatic of the Week November 2nd, 2018
Instagram: @JohnnyMeanDean

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Amazon charges for this on the 28th of September right?
Bryan

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Ooooooo yes! Looking forward to this one!
2012 Rookie of the Year

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:04 pm

I hope its unmasked!!

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Geescube wrote:I hope its unmasked!!

Like all the way? That’d be kind of neat.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Classier wrote:
Geescube wrote:I hope its unmasked!!

Like all the way? That’d be kind of neat.

Yah. I like Tom Hardy big time. <3

FunkoFern

Postby FunkoFern » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:41 am

So excited for this. But too bad it can't be tied to the movie.

HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy

Postby HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:44 pm

I hope the pop is Eddie turning into venom like in the trailer with venom coming over his head like a hood saying "We are venom", it'd be neat to see the teeth over and under his head
Hey, I'm Hunter! :dkjoker1:
I love all things Funko; but mainly DC, Marvel, and Rick and Morty

justinq17

Postby justinq17 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 pm

I didn’t buy the Deadpool box because I have a lot of Deadpool Pops! already but a venom box would be nice since I don’t have any venom Pops!

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:11 pm

FunkoFern wrote:So excited for this. But too bad it can't be tied to the movie.

Yeah, that's right. Can't tie it to the movies. I'm thinking they'll make something that coincides with the movie, but won't be from the movie at all. Much like deadpool Pops. They release deadpool comic pops but they have similarities with the feature film, like Deadpool on a scooter, or releasing Cable, Domino, negasonic, and Colossus. All comic book version pops, but released the same time as the movie release. I would think it'll be the same with this Venom Box.
Name: Justin T.
Pops!: 697 - Dorbz: 12 - PSH: 25 - VYNL.: 6
ImageImageImageImageImage

Detolf

Postby Detolf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:31 am

As much as I would love to see an Agent Venom, I have a feeling its much more likely we will get a dynamic posed venom much like the exclusive carnage or another hero/venom combo. I wouldn't be mad if it was the wolverine venom or Dr. Doom Venom from the venom verse comics.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Detolf
Your Favorite Ikea Shelf

IG: @funko.pop.addict

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 am

Nice theme, I haven't got any Venom pops so this will be my first.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 am

Glad it won't tie in with the movie, the movie doesn't look good to me, especially if it's true that it won't tie in with Spider-Man at all, so no white spider on his chest.

That said, there are some cool Venomized characters I'd like to see, first and foremost, WOLVERINE. After that Punisher, Doctor Strange, Phoenix, Kingpin, Silver Surfer, Groot, Doctor Doom, Archangel, Darkhawk, and so many more really would look cool.

I'm sure it will just be regular venom though with his crazy hands, like Carnage. Either way, pretty sure I'll get this box if I have the funds in Sept!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 pm

It’s a meh for me, personally, but I know many who are excited for more Venomverse.

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 pm

My hope is the finally give us our Venom Dorbz :)
Images Unplugged

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:37 am

Haven't bought a marvel box in awhile, but one of my fav characters so I have to see what's in there!
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:49 am

I'm so excited for this box! The Venom-line is getting more and more unique in their molds so I'm really excited for whatever this may be!

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:19 am

i don't think many people would be a fan of it but I'd like to see a two pack of Venom and Carnage battling it out like the Captain America/Iron Man and Daredevil/Bullseye two packs from previous boxes
Bryan

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:09 am

Where was the confirmation that this was not movie based Venom?
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:56 am

volsspongebob wrote:Where was the confirmation that this was not movie based Venom?

I suppose the speculation would come with the rights to Venom. From an article I read, Sony sold it's merchandising rights back to marvel for much needed money. I believe around the time Marvel made a deal with Sony to allow Spider_man to be in the MCU. I don't believe Venom was part of that movie deal. Which is why we don't expect a Tom Holland cameo. Venom is not in the shared universe. I guess someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It's believed to be the same reason Marvel does not allow X-Men movie toys. It's not in their interest to promote any toys from movies that's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. No X-men movie toys, No Deadpool Movie toys (well, Hot Toys makes statues and scaled figures). But the X-men and Deadpool Pops are based off the comics which Marvel owns, not the Movie versions. This is why a Movie based Venom is, although not impossible, I'd say it's most likely improbable.

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:00 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:Where was the confirmation that this was not movie based Venom?

I suppose the speculation would come with the rights to Venom. From an article I read, Sony sold it's merchandising rights back to marvel for much needed money. I believe around the time Marvel made a deal with Sony to allow Spider_man to be in the MCU. I don't believe Venom was part of that movie deal. Which is why we don't expect a Tom Holland cameo. Venom is not in the shared universe. I guess someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It's believed to be the same reason Marvel does not allow X-Men movie toys. It's not in their interest to promote any toys from movies that's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. No X-men movie toys, No Deadpool Movie toys (well, Hot Toys makes statues and scaled figures). But the X-men and Deadpool Pops are based off the comics which Marvel owns, not the Movie versions. This is why a Movie based Venom is, although not impossible, I'd say it's most likely improbable.

I think the Fox toys has to do with the distribution rights on those toys belonging to Toy Biz (similar to why Marvel have to be Bobblehead due to Hasbro) or having to split the money multiple ways instead of just with Funko and Marvel. As for the Sony pictures they did make Amazing Spider-Man Pop! figures once Marvel has the rights back. But with this movie not sure why the figures seem to be more "universal" unless that is Funko's plan now if it's not a major MCU movie we will make a broader audience figure. Look at how many movies they have made figures for that just sit on the shelf now.
Images Unplugged

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:35 pm

wmwadeii wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:

I think the Fox toys has to do with the distribution rights on those toys belonging to Toy Biz (similar to why Marvel have to be Bobblehead due to Hasbro) or having to split the money multiple ways instead of just with Funko and Marvel. As for the Sony pictures they did make Amazing Spider-Man Pop! figures once Marvel has the rights back. But with this movie not sure why the figures seem to be more "universal" unless that is Funko's plan now if it's not a major MCU movie we will make a broader audience figure. Look at how many movies they have made figures for that just sit on the shelf now.

Fox doesn't own any of the merchandising. Marvel owns that. The previous deal gave certain characters only movie rights. Merchandising would be split, where Marvel(Disney) only gets a small portion of the profits. Marvel owns all the merchandising rights, but because they are of movie versions, it has to be split. So marvel would do all the work but split profits. Why do that when you can put all your attention on your own MCU properties and get 100% of the profits. The amazing spider-man pops make some sense because they knew they were going to have Spider-Man join the MCU. They're getting a bigger piece of that pie. Now Venom. Not any way associated with Marvel's MCU. Marvel Collector Corps is Marvel(Disney's) Licence box. By having a Sony Movie product, they would then somehow have to share profits and make a new license contract to have a non-Marvel owned entity(Venom movie owned 100% by sony) in a Marvel owned subscription box. I just can't see how this makes sense. Can it happen? yes, but not within Marvel Collector corps subscription boxes. And no, I'm not certain of any of this. It's just from a licensing and profit standpoint, I can't see it. Marvel has been so vigilant in fazing out non MCU characters from existence, I can't see them throwing Sony a bone here for the Venom movie.

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:49 pm

I have bought a box in a while, but with the Venom theme, I think I will need to take the risk and order one.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Excited for this box, i wonder what they are gonna do? I passed on the deadpool box but will pick up this one.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

N1njaPop

Postby N1njaPop » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:25 pm

This is a most have box for me.. I got all venom pop and dorbz. Pre order the venomized ones as well :bounce: :bounce:
ISO: Goonies,Thunder Cats,TMNT

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:54 am

Debating getting this box... Completionist but hate Symbiotes with a burning passion. Although if is the Ben Reilly Symbiote I would make an exception.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Tbguy

Postby Tbguy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:55 pm

The line thus far has been so Awesome cant wait for this box.
:freddy3:

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Valde wrote:I know the movie is out in October but with the newly announced Venom-verse I have a feeling it’ll be the latter. Maybe a Venom/Punisher?

I was thinking maybe a Venomized Thor or Venomized Spider-Man.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

I’m hoping for a “big in the box” Venom! It doesn’t have to be a 6”, it would look too tall next to other pops, just Winter Beast/The Master size where he is a little more than 4” tall and bulky.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 am

Strending625 wrote:I’m hoping for a “big in the box” Venom! It doesn’t have to be a 6”, it would look too tall next to other pops, just Winter Beast/The Master size where he is a little more than 4” tall and bulky.

This would be sweet. Would really like the stance from The Lethal Protector Comic. One of my all time favorite covers.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm such big venom fan, Cant wait. I hope spoilers come soon, I would love to see what is in there
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 pm

If we bought the Deadpool box, do we have to resubscribe?

tamika_em

Postby tamika_em » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 am

this box is a must have !!!

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:34 am

bakivali wrote:If we bought the Deadpool box, do we have to resubscribe?

It should have automatically setup as a subscription. Go to your orders and there should be a manage subscriptions button next to the Deadpool order.
Or try this link https://amzn.to/2OBvQ3E
Images Unplugged

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:43 am

I cancelled after getting the Deadpool box. I may resub if I'm able to see leaks ahead of time.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:54 am

wmwadeii wrote:
bakivali wrote:If we bought the Deadpool box, do we have to resubscribe?

It should have automatically setup as a subscription. Go to your orders and there should be a manage subscriptions button next to the Deadpool order.
Or try this link https://amzn.to/2OBvQ3E

Thank you for the link!

Return to “Powered by Funko”