Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MattyPHATty

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Ekkusu_X wrote:Seeing as the boat left me at the dock...(BnN near me didn't have snake and next closest has been picked through already per Clerk's description and also that she made a point to say "No Fresh Box" so it's known that collectors are abundant there.)

I got TWO Trevors I'm willing to pitch in as a trade for one Basilisk.

...Sliding this in because I believe that BnN Mystery Minis rarely get restocks and I'm looking at either purchase off Ebay or get lucky that they do Restock. Please give me some levity on information that they do re-stock. ;__;

I assure you, if anyone will do a restock on these, it will be B&N. I think they’ve restocked Series 2 at least twice maybe even 3 times in my area and series 1 definitely got a hefty restock back in the day as well. Just do your best to stay on top of it and you will find a fresh case and hopefully that elusive snake soon enough. Good luck!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:45 am

opopssum wrote:Im wondering if they were put out early and hailmary25 is on to something with the July 31st date :-k

Still going to barns everyday JIC tho 8-[

A couple of my BN got stock this weekend. Unfortunately, I spent yesterday at the beach instead of hunting minis like I should have! So the cases were already gotten to when I got there. Still managed to pull a Myrtle and Riddle. No basilisks to be found! 1 away from the full set..! Fingers crossed for all of us!
Image ImageImage Image

pensivep0tter

Postby pensivep0tter » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:54 am

does anyone know if there are multiple weights for mad-eye moody? i had heard 61.2 and i found that exact weight today but it was another cedric ](*,)

gobiesox

Postby gobiesox » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:28 am

pensivep0tter wrote:does anyone know if there are multiple weights for mad-eye moody? i had heard 61.2 and i found that exact weight today but it was another cedric ](*,)

I saw 60.93 posted a couple times--not sure if it was the same weight re-posted or if multiple people got that weight.
Personally, I pulled one for me and one for a friend-- 60.9 and 61.2. The 4 Cedrics I've pulled have all been right in that range, too, unfortunately.

Since Moody is a 1/12, he *should* be in the second row on top, next to Mrs. Norris (who moves around a lot in the box if you shake it, and who is much lighter than Moody). Good luck!

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:22 am

I almost feel sad that I am not hunting the Barnes and Nobles ones. It feels strange to let such an awesome find go by, but I must refrain. I wish everyone else the best luck hunting. I hope y'all find what you're looking for!

jp6712

Postby jp6712 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:47 pm

pensivep0tter wrote:does anyone know if there are multiple weights for mad-eye moody? i had heard 61.2 and i found that exact weight today but it was another cedric ](*,)

Common cases typically look something like this for the top layer...
Back rows - 1/6 1/6
Middle - Mrs Norris 45.4-49.1 Alastor Moody 60.0-60.93 (usually around 60.7)
Front (depending on case two of the following) - Argus Filch - 58.8, Dolores Umbridge - 57.4-58.12, Draco Malfoy 54-54.7, Goyle 54.6-55.2, Rita Skeeter 62.5-62.85, Crabbe 52.1-55

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:52 pm

And I am officially done with series 3 wooooohooo. Went to my local Barnes and found two cases. I spent a lot of money and someone messed with the boxes but I got Myrtle and Basilisk ( I do not need a regular Riddle and it helps save on room). Super happy that this set was easier than series 2 which I will never complete. Not even with just buckbeak but fred or george the one looking left is crazy and I would still need other creatures.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:57 pm

hailmary25 wrote:And I am officially done with series 3 wooooohooo. Went to my local Barnes and found two cases. I spent a lot of money and someone messed with the boxes but I got Myrtle and Basilisk ( I do not need a regular Riddle and it helps save on room). Super happy that this set was easier than series 2 which I will never complete. Not even with just buckbeak but fred or george the one looking left is crazy and I would still need other creatures.

Congrats!! I am happy to report that I am officially done as well!! Went on a Barnes and Noble hunt on Saturday and was eventually lucky after 3 stores. Found a fresh case with a Basilisk and Myrtle and another Filtch to add to my army at my second store after striking out at my first and then a third store had two cases each with one box missing, so I am assuming they were on a Basilisk hunt and I found a Tom Riddle there. So the hunt is over and I honestly hope that Series 4 is a long ways away. Like I need at least a year to recover from this lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:06 pm

synergy56 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:And I am officially done with series 3 wooooohooo. Went to my local Barnes and found two cases. I spent a lot of money and someone messed with the boxes but I got Myrtle and Basilisk ( I do not need a regular Riddle and it helps save on room). Super happy that this set was easier than series 2 which I will never complete. Not even with just buckbeak but fred or george the one looking left is crazy and I would still need other creatures.

Congrats!! I am happy to report that I am officially done as well!! Went on a Barnes and Noble hunt on Saturday and was eventually lucky after 3 stores. Found a fresh case with a Basilisk and Myrtle and another Filtch to add to my army at my second store after striking out at my first and then a third store had two cases each with one box missing, so I am assuming they were on a Basilisk hunt and I found a Tom Riddle there. So the hunt is over and I honestly hope that Series 4 is a long ways away. Like I need at least a year to recover from this lol

Funko gods willing hahah but will probably be like 6 months lol, I honestly do not know what do though. I keep my minis at work and im out of room after this set

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:14 pm

synergy56 wrote:

Congrats on getting the full set!

I agree with needing some more time to recover for series 4. At least this set didn't have store exclusive 1/72s. Series 4 also needs more beasts/patronuses!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:31 pm

bakivali wrote:
synergy56 wrote:

I agree with needing some more time to recover for series 4. At least this set didn't have store exclusive 1/72s. Series 4 also needs more beasts/patronuses!

I would love some translucent patronuses! And house ghosts as well!
Hi, I'm Merri!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:34 pm

synergy56 wrote:
bakivali wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Congrats!! I am happy to report that I am officially done as well!! Went on a Barnes and Noble hunt on Saturday and was eventually lucky after 3 stores. Found a fresh case with a Basilisk and Myrtle and another Filtch to add to my army at my second store after striking out at my first and then a third store had two cases each with one box missing, so I am assuming they were on a Basilisk hunt and I found a Tom Riddle there. So the hunt is over and I honestly hope that Series 4 is a long ways away. Like I need at least a year to recover from this lol

I would love some translucent patronuses! And house ghosts as well!

yes please

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Congrats you two! I'm down to only needing a few of the htf figures.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:21 pm

jp6712 wrote:

Back rows - 1/6 1/6
Front (depending on case two of the following) - Argus Filch - 58.8, Dolores Umbridge - 57.4-58.12, Draco Malfoy 54-54.7, Goyle 54.6-55.2, Rita Skeeter 62.5-62.85, Crabbe 52.1-55

Great info-thank you for sharing. Having a hard time finding any fresh common cases yet in my area but hopefully soon

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:29 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
jp6712 wrote:

Back rows - 1/6 1/6

Great info-thank you for sharing. Having a hard time finding any fresh common cases yet in my area but hopefully soon

Same here, our Gamestops never got the common cases in. I hear Targets are restocking with the common cases so we're hoping we can find them there.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:18 pm

Went out to a barns that just got their cases in today, spent 40 and got two krums, a mrs.norris, flur and harry. I was trying for the heavy boxes so no clue how a mrs. norris got in there lol

I cant be complet on a mini set, too much money, too much stress, and I cant keep up (which leads to more stress and spending more cash)
Im going to change my collecting strategy and just continue mini collecting with the beasts, I have the room for those lol
- tauntaunking on instagram

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm

opopssum wrote:Went out to a barns that just got their cases in today, spent 40 and got two krums, a mrs.norris, flur and harry. I was trying for the heavy boxes so no clue how a mrs. norris got in there lol

I cant be complet on a mini set, too much money, too much stress, and I cant keep up (which leads to more stress and spending more cash)
Im going to change my collecting strategy and just continue mini collecting with the beasts, I have the room for those lol

At least Barnes and Noble seems to restock a few times, so hopefully you can still find Basilisk!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm

bakivali wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
jp6712 wrote:
Back rows - 1/6 1/6

Same here, our Gamestops never got the common cases in. I hear Targets are restocking with the common cases so we're hoping we can find them there.

It’s the exact same around here, I have yet to see any at GS’s around my area and only came across one common case in a Target but with the usual sight of the front 3 missing. Hopefully we should see a lot more common cases rolling out soon and maybe at another chain store or two

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:01 pm

opopssum wrote:Went out to a barns that just got their cases in today, spent 40 and got two krums, a mrs.norris, flur and harry. I was trying for the heavy boxes so no clue how a mrs. norris got in there lol

Don’t give up hope finding that snake just yet! Just hold out until you find a fresh case (easier said than done I know) and wait until you find a top front right that seems incredibly heavy. It’ll be so heavy that you will know right away. I know it can be incredibly frustrating but if you are on top of these and any restocks in your area, I have no doubt you will find that dang basilisk.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:09 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

Don’t give up hope finding that snake just yet! Just hold out until you find a fresh case (easier said than done I know) and wait until you find a top front right that seems incredibly heavy. It’ll be so heavy that you will know right away. I know it can be incredibly frustrating but if you are on top of these and any restocks in your area, I have no doubt you will find that dang basilisk.

I have not lost hope on the bass at all, I am very excited to one day get my hands on him to put him next to his giant pop counter part.

I made the choice to day to clean some shelves and also kick operation buckbeak which I have been passively working on for the last few months in to high gear. Once I have the beasts all together I plan to make a lil display with my newts :-k I think that is what he would like l ol

I still have hope that one day will will get a FB set with more newt and some of the creatures

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:08 pm

opopssum wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

I have not lost hope on the bass at all, I am very excited to one day get my hands on him to put him next to his giant pop counter part.

I made the choice to day to clean some shelves and also kick operation buckbeak which I have been passively working on for the last few months in to high gear. Once I have the beasts all together I plan to make a lil display with my newts :-k I think that is what he would like l ol

I still have hope that one day will will get a FB set with more newt and some of the creatures

That is awesome!! I would love to see your Newt display and what you come up with when it’s all done. Hopefully you will have that beautiful snake to join them all soon enough

Ekkusu_X

Postby Ekkusu_X » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:40 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:

!!!!!! TOP RIGHT FRONT :eek:

THAT was the box that was missing in the cases at the store near me! Sonofa!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:05 am

Ekkusu_X wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

!!!!!! TOP RIGHT FRONT :eek:

THAT was the box that was missing in the cases at the store near me! Sonofa!

Yup! That is definitely the confirmed sweet spot for a fresh case.

bug86

Postby bug86 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:28 pm

We’re dropping new @OriginalFunko exclusives today after 12 PM ET online, while supplies last! #Deadpool Keychain: http://bit.ly/2LOsrRB #HarryPotter Mystery Minis: http://bit.ly/2LMmqWt #MickeyMouse: http://bit.ly/2LThjTm Pre-order #ILoveLucy: http://bit.ly/2LLyVS3

Heads up guys. barnes and noble tweeted this today. If anyone wants to order the minis.
Live,Laugh and Funko. :freddy3:

Hey it's Ashley.

@backgotback on twitter and @alizpt on IG.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:24 pm

bug86 wrote:We’re dropping new @OriginalFunko exclusives today after 12 PM ET online, while supplies last! #Deadpool Keychain: http://bit.ly/2LOsrRB #HarryPotter Mystery Minis: http://bit.ly/2LMmqWt #MickeyMouse: http://bit.ly/2LThjTm Pre-order #ILoveLucy: http://bit.ly/2LLyVS3

Heads up guys. barnes and noble tweeted this today. If anyone wants to order the minis.

Awesome thank you! Gonna grab that Lucy also. FYI the Potter minis are limit 2 per order for some reason

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:57 pm

I got 2 online at least, hopefully they grab from the front for me lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:54 pm

synergy56 wrote:Still nothing in my area for B&N - though I did have the most unhelpful store manager ever today who wouldn't even check the computer so that was odd. I initially asked an employee and he was about to check and she like flew over to swoop down and stop him. It was super weird. Hopefully this weekend!

Probably a Harry Potter collector that wants the minis for herself!!

I do so love it when I get a helpful employee who brings a fresh case from the back for me, and it's missing a couple minis. Grrr!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Ekkusu_X wrote:The BnN that I called put theirs out today. No Basilsk at all in any of them and by the time I got to the store, 1 hour after opening, there was one box gone. (Leaving 35 to choose from)

I cry if that was the Basilisk, going to try a different BnN tomorrow/today in hopes that the snake is waiting for me. ...He is the heaviest out of the bunch though, right? When I tried to make sure of myself the heaviest I saw was "61" grams. Also it wouldn't shake as much?

Basilisk is definitely a lot heavier - honestly, you don't even need to scale to know you've gotten him! I pulled mine at 95.98 yesterday!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Happy to say I'm complete with set 3!! So many fewer duplicates this round. Still a few, but all in all much kinder than previous sets!! And they did a great job on this batch, so excited to set up a display for them!!
Image ImageImage Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:45 pm

The B&N’s in my area finally got their stock today! I stopped in and the store closest to where I work had gotten 5 cases! They had to look for them in the back and brought out a fresh case. First one I pulled is extra heavy - Basilisk! The other was Moaning Myrtle. I was going to ask about another case but one of the employees said their store is doing a limit 2 of exclusives and it included minis.

So off I go to the next closest store. They check their stock and they had gotten 2 cases. The guy brings out one and again Basilisk, and the other rattles like Myrtle. The guy notices I am shaking them and asks if I want to try the other case! Yes please! This case doesn’t have the heavy one so I am thinking Tom Riddle. Nope, I finally pull a Crabbe. The only Exclusive was Myrtle and I grabbed it cause it felt heavier thinking it might be Tom Riddle.

So off to a third store. Again they had to look in th back for them - a great sign for me as no one else had been there yet to snag any of the exclusives. The lady brings out the case and mentions there is one more in back. Again a Basilisk and Myrtle by the weight. I asked if I could try the other case and she was like sure! Two light ones so I grabbed them both and got Myrtle and Tom Riddle! Full set with minimal running around and the thrill of being first to the cases!

Now I am officially done with Series 3!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:32 pm

opopssum wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

A thread on here said there should be a FB set coming this year with the movie.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:01 pm

kihou wrote:I got 2 online at least, hopefully they grab from the front for me lol

Definitely hope you get the front two also, if not at least the middle two. I suspect with an order limit of 2 and so many 1/6’s in this set, there will be a lot of disappointed people with orders of doubles of the Tri-Wizard champions in these.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:05 pm

hailmary25 wrote:A thread on here said there should be a FB set coming this year with the movie.

There are so many versions they can do of the creatures and now two movies of outfits and if they want to make grindwald the store exclusive high LEs I fully endorse that :D
Tho my luck he would one of the 1/6s and Id have an army of Johnny Depp [-(

I have the niffler keycahin I use as a mini ot go next to the newt pop at times but it would be cool to not only have more of the beasts but ones that can pair with the pops easier, the demiguise being the same size as newt doesn't make for cute pics.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:36 pm

opopssum wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:A thread on here said there should be a FB set coming this year with the movie.

There are so many versions they can do of the creatures and now two movies of outfits and if they want to make grindwald the store exclusive high LEs I fully endorse that :D
Tho my luck he would one of the 1/6s and Id have an army of Johnny Depp [-(

I have the niffler keycahin I use as a mini ot go next to the newt pop at times but it would be cool to not only have more of the beasts but ones that can pair with the pops easier, the demiguise being the same size as newt doesn't make for cute pics.

The only thing they better do is more than just variants of nifflers. It's called Fantastic Beast. Atleast half should be a creature.

pensivep0tter

Postby pensivep0tter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:33 pm

gobiesox wrote:

I saw 60.93 posted a couple times--not sure if it was the same weight re-posted or if multiple people got that weight.
Personally, I pulled one for me and one for a friend-- 60.9 and 61.2. The 4 Cedrics I've pulled have all been right in that range, too, unfortunately.

Since Moody is a 1/12, he *should* be in the second row on top, next to Mrs. Norris (who moves around a lot in the box if you shake it, and who is much lighter than Moody). Good luck!

Thanks so much for your help!!

pensivep0tter

Postby pensivep0tter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:35 pm

jp6712 wrote:

Back rows - 1/6 1/6

Thank you so so much!!!

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:03 am

So ordered 12 MMs from HT online and ended up with 5 Fleurs!!!! WHY?!! Such horrid luck

I did manage to get two of HT exclusives but no Tom. Guess thats something.
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
bug86 wrote:We’re dropping new @OriginalFunko exclusives today after 12 PM ET online, while supplies last! #Deadpool Keychain: http://bit.ly/2LOsrRB #HarryPotter Mystery Minis: http://bit.ly/2LMmqWt #MickeyMouse: http://bit.ly/2LThjTm Pre-order #ILoveLucy: http://bit.ly/2LLyVS3

Awesome thank you! Gonna grab that Lucy also. FYI the Potter minis are limit 2 per order for some reason

Omg I need that mickey!!

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:52 am

I pulled an extra Moody today if you have any trades.

pensivep0tter

Postby pensivep0tter » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:36 am

nightschwing wrote:

I pulled an extra Moody today if you have any trades.

I have Rita and some other common ones from this series. I also have some from the past series. Message me

Return to “Blind Bags”