Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MymyChan

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby MymyChan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:56 am

plut094 wrote:
Pop_hunting_funatic wrote:
plut094 wrote:Heya! My first post.

Thank you! Still trying to organize the basement but here's what I've done so far.. Image

This is a beautiful basement.
Wish mine could look like that. Oh, wait, no, that's not possible, it is already partly dedicated to wine bottles! :-D
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

N1njaPop

Postby N1njaPop » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:28 am

Quazimoto wrote:Finally finished up my Bigfoot Pop! display box...

This looks so cool!! =D> =D>
ISO: Goonies,Thunder Cats,TMNT

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:13 pm

Reavel wrote:Hello! I've been here for a few years watching and enjoying everyone's displays (also getting a lot of ideas as well) and now I can finally share my collection with you guys. It looks like a shoe store. I would like to display them in other fashion but this for now is the best choice for space saving and keeping them safe. I like to check and share my collection with other funatics so add me on instagram (link is on the signature below).

I'm mostly into The Nightmare Before Christmas and Harry Potter that's why they are the only ones showing there sides. I've some DC, Marvel, Stranger Things, Disney, Star Wars and lots of random themes (those are all at the bottom shelf). I also have some ReAction figures, Pop Pockets and very few Pint Size Heroes here and there. \:D/ lol

I love your OOBd HP section! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love seeing other people's displays because it gives me ideas on what I want to do with my own displays.

LEGOGIRL1977

Postby LEGOGIRL1977 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:59 pm

I love scrolling and seeing fellow collectors pictures!

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:29 am

I really need to step my game up haha.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:30 am

I really need to step my game up haha.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

JenPop

Postby JenPop » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:08 am

plut094 wrote:
plut094 wrote:Heya! My first post.

Man...this is beautiful. I love the setup. If only I had the space in my house for something like this, my room is getting kinda cramped. Lol

Thank you! Still trying to organize the basement but here's what I've done so far.. Image

Great looking space! I wish I had a room like that to display my collection!

Reavel

Postby Reavel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

plut094 wrote:
Thanks! The wife made me downsize my collection before we moved into our new house. Now I can slowly refill :devil:

Sounds like a great plan! lol :devil:
Reavel // I collect things ✌(◕‿◕)~ // IG @reavelcollects
+ Funko Count:(500) // Pop! ● Dorbz ● RockCandy ● Vynl
+ Into: Jack Skellington (TNBC) ● ⚡Harry Potter ● Other themes

:freddy1:

Reavel

Postby Reavel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:45 pm

PigNosePony wrote:

I love your OOBd HP section! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love seeing other people's displays because it gives me ideas on what I want to do with my own displays.[/quote]

Thank you! You're welcome. Glad you liked it. I would like to add more but it is still a work in progress.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Reavel wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

I love your OOBd HP section! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love seeing other people's displays because it gives me ideas on what I want to do with my own displays.

Thank you! You're welcome. Glad you liked it. I would like to add more but it is still a work in progress.[/quote]

I think that is one of the many challenges with being a collector of Funko or anything for that matter is that it is constantly evolving, finding room, and more as we update.

mrsfrankenstein

Postby mrsfrankenstein » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Jadiebug wrote:Here is a portion of my collection that I've finally found the time to display. I actually gathered the nerve to remove my pops from their boxes (yikes!), and found these awesome 16 x 20 shadow boxes at Michaels. I did have to add the shelves myself, but that was relatively easy to do, with the help of my hubby and his saw. :)

I have one more shadow box that is customized and ready to fill.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The downside is these boxes only open from the back and if I don't tape the pops down they wobble all over the place. Also, these boxes will get rather expensive if my collection continues to grow. So, I'm thinking of keeping my favourite pops behind glass, and then figuring out an easier/cheaper way of displaying the rest.

I'll admit to still having some anxiety about my pops not being in their boxes, so I'm not sure how permanent this arrangement will be. ;)

Hello Jessica!
I'm new here and came across your post on this thread. This is exactly what I want my lil' guys to look like :hello1: :love4:
I'm wondering exactly how your hubby went about adding shelves to these shadow boxes?
Do you mind sharing? Also, if you've like to send me personal messages with photos you can.
Thank you in advance!!! -H

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:07 pm

nice clean displays.

The Ebony Blade

Postby The Ebony Blade » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:57 am

I love seeing all these pics! Right now, I have my pops on my dining room table but would love to get them into a studio.

Reavel

Postby Reavel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:35 pm

JJLecaros wrote:nice clean displays.

Nothing to do with the thread... but I like your avatar of Sam Flores :D

Reavel

Postby Reavel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Vegas_Bill

Postby Vegas_Bill » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:12 pm

[ig][url][/url][/ig]Awesome displays!! We have been collecting for a little over 2 years and have accumulated a ton of pops and finally found a way to display them

Vegas_Bill

Postby Vegas_Bill » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 pm

A quick question. How are you posting pics? I cannot seem to figure out how to post pics of my display

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:21 pm

So was trying to figure out how to make the Dorbz in the smaller shelves more visible on the cheap. Was at Hobby Lobby today and found some Styrofoam board and decided to do a test. I think it came out ok but to really make it nice will need a $40 heat saw to keep the edges smooth. Thinking a single 12x36 $12 board will net me enough for 12 shelves so will need 4 boards for all 48 shelves so $50 isn't too bad. The one I bought today was 40% off not sure why so going to check on that as well. This way they aren't hidden as much and can get the 5 per shelf I wanted so 240 of my huge collection will have homes.

Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:39 am

Vegas_Bill wrote:A quick question. How are you posting pics? I cannot seem to figure out how to post pics of my display

Hi,
Everything is explained on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74053

Can't wait to see your display!
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:00 pm

wmwadeii wrote:I posted these on IG but forgot to post them here since I was having trouble with accessing the Forums. Bought these IKEA Billy bookshelves because of a post on this thread along with the DVD (Gnedby) shelves and the Morliden doors with the insert removed. Originally was going to keep the Dorbz in the boxes because they fit perfectly but by the time I had them delivered I went from 50 Dorbz to over 100 and now over 500. To meet demand I've since started adding shelves at Dorbz Height between the others and started getting the Michael's baseball bat cases for Chases and Exclusives.

Spoiler: show

Well done my young Padawan! Glad to see someone else using the same same set-up. Almost done resetting my Man Loft after moving, I will have to post a few new pictures when all done.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 pm

wmwadeii wrote:So was trying to figure out how to make the Dorbz in the smaller shelves more visible on the cheap. Was at Hobby Lobby today and found some Styrofoam board and decided to do a test. I think it came out ok but to really make it nice will need a $40 heat saw to keep the edges smooth. Thinking a single 12x36 $12 board will net me enough for 12 shelves so will need 4 boards for all 48 shelves so $50 isn't too bad. The one I bought today was 40% off not sure why so going to check on that as well. This way they aren't hidden as much and can get the 5 per shelf I wanted so 240 of my huge collection will have homes.

Have you looked ion the lumber section at Home Depot or Lowes? There are some nice 1"x white pre-primed lumber options that you could have them cut to the tower width to create nice looking risers that would blend in cleanly. I am considering doing it for my Vynl & Hikari XS.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:So was trying to figure out how to make the Dorbz in the smaller shelves more visible on the cheap. Was at Hobby Lobby today and found some Styrofoam board and decided to do a test. I think it came out ok but to really make it nice will need a $40 heat saw to keep the edges smooth. Thinking a single 12x36 $12 board will net me enough for 12 shelves so will need 4 boards for all 48 shelves so $50 isn't too bad. The one I bought today was 40% off not sure why so going to check on that as well. This way they aren't hidden as much and can get the 5 per shelf I wanted so 240 of my huge collection will have homes.

Have you looked ion the lumber section at Home Depot or Lowes? There are some nice 1"x white pre-primed lumber options that you could have them cut to the tower width to create nice looking risers that would blend in cleanly. I am considering doing it for my Vynl & Hikari XS.

I looked there too but was calculating cost, I forget what the math was for the white primed wood thinking for all 48 shelves it was over $100. Luckily Lowes is right across the street from HB so can double-check today before I go back.
Images Unplugged

artman

Postby artman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:40 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Continued moving from all inbox to mixed in box and OOB. Broke out the GOT this time. I need to build more risers to continue.

awesome

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Reavel wrote:

lol thanks.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:05 pm

wmwadeii wrote:I looked there too but was calculating cost, I forget what the math was for the white primed wood thinking for all 48 shelves it was over $100. Luckily Lowes is right across the street from HB so can double-check today before I go back.

Ah. I have not gotten as far as pricing it out yet, just looking at the options.

Being a graphic designer I am a visual neat freak and whatever I end up doing has to match the shelves or else my OCD will take over... lol

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:I looked there too but was calculating cost, I forget what the math was for the white primed wood thinking for all 48 shelves it was over $100. Luckily Lowes is right across the street from HB so can double-check today before I go back.

Ah. I have not gotten as far as pricing it out yet, just looking at the options.

Being a graphic designer I am a visual neat freak and whatever I end up doing has to match the shelves or else my OCD will take over... lol

Oh no trust me I'm in the same boat I'm a doc tech writer and web designer and clean and orderly and everything being the same is one of my OCD issues. That's why I started trimming my Pop! collection looked too cramped in the display shelves. Was actually looking at the Styrofoam after I took the picture and was like uhhhh the little imperfections are kinda annoying me. Not as noticeable from a distance but if you are close you can see them like in the picture.
Images Unplugged

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:19 pm

wmwadeii wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Oh no trust me I'm in the same boat I'm a doc tech writer and web designer and clean and orderly and everything being the same is one of my OCD issues. That's why I started trimming my Pop! collection looked too cramped in the display shelves. Was actually looking at the Styrofoam after I took the picture and was like uhhhh the little imperfections are kinda annoying me. Not as noticeable from a distance but if you are close you can see them like in the picture.

Have to thank you mohawk I was going to go right to Hobby Lobby after work but instead went to Lowes. I realized I must have been doing some kind of crazy math or I was looking at different wood. I went with primed MDF 3" wide and 1" wide and 8' long. So able to do all 48 with 3 of each board and came out to $30 total. If I were to do anything differently would have probably went with the 4" and 2" only because of course with wood it's not true size. Also same goes for the height not exactly 1" so everyone sits a little lower but still visible.

Images Unplugged

andibgoode

Postby andibgoode » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:28 am

I'm still making my way through this thread and I'm in awe of some of the displays and collections here! Wow! =D>

As for me, I kind of display my pops/other funko stuff in and around my other collections so I don't have just one display (and I'm currently in the middle of rearranging my toy room anyway) but here's a few of my pops as I've displayed them! (This is not my whole collection - and my Stranger Things collection is now both bigger and also the display is dismantled because it got too big for that shelf lol ) Maybe in the future I'll have something more impressive or cohesive ;) until then I'll just admire everyone else's!

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:05 am

sclarke03 wrote:If the shelves were a bit closer together height wise, I think you could get one or 2 more shelves on there.

That looks awesome! Great collection =D>
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

Funk0Fairy

Postby Funk0Fairy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:41 am

I'm loving looking at all the displays! Giving me some good ideas on display options. I currently display mine on shelves and I feel like everytime I get a new book case, it just encourages me to expand my collection more rapidly!!

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:24 pm

MymyChan wrote:
k05cube wrote:Still looking for a great way to display my pops since I am an inbox collector and will wanna display such that I can see every single piece and yet still keep it away from dust. lol

I understand, dust is what I hate!
So I am starting with a display that has a glass window, hoping to limit the dust invasion that way and allowing me to go out of the box

Yeah same here, will look for one with either tempered glass or plastic. :D
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:27 pm

wmwadeii wrote:Have to thank you mohawk I was going to go right to Hobby Lobby after work but instead went to Lowes. I realized I must have been doing some kind of crazy math or I was looking at different wood. I went with primed MDF 3" wide and 1" wide and 8' long. So able to do all 48 with 3 of each board and came out to $30 total. If I were to do anything differently would have probably went with the 4" and 2" only because of course with wood it's not true size. Also same goes for the height not exactly 1" so everyone sits a little lower but still visible.

Glad to know! I had only eyeballed it but thought that seemed on the high side.

Looks sharp!

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 am

andibgoode wrote:I'm still making my way through this thread and I'm in awe of some of the displays and collections here! Wow! =D>

As for me, I kind of display my pops/other funko stuff in and around my other collections so I don't have just one display (and I'm currently in the middle of rearranging my toy room anyway) but here's a few of my pops as I've displayed them! (This is not my whole collection - and my Stranger Things collection is now both bigger and also the display is dismantled because it got too big for that shelf lol ) Maybe in the future I'll have something more impressive or cohesive ;) until then I'll just admire everyone else's!

Nice display!
I love Barbie as well.
Totally jealous about the Grease pops! :colors:
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:41 am

hailmary25 wrote:
plut094 wrote:
Man...this is beautiful. I love the setup. If only I had the space in my house for something like this, my room is getting kinda cramped. Lol

It is beautiful =P~ =P~

wish my basement was clean and nice like that mine is run over with the kids toys

Beautifully done! Love how you have so much room. =D> Something that I'm in need of. lol
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:43 am

mrsfrankenstein wrote:
Jadiebug wrote:Here is a portion of my collection that I've finally found the time to display. I actually gathered the nerve to remove my pops from their boxes (yikes!), and found these awesome 16 x 20 shadow boxes at Michaels. I did have to add the shelves myself, but that was relatively easy to do, with the help of my hubby and his saw. :)

I have one more shadow box that is customized and ready to fill.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The downside is these boxes only open from the back and if I don't tape the pops down they wobble all over the place. Also, these boxes will get rather expensive if my collection continues to grow. So, I'm thinking of keeping my favourite pops behind glass, and then figuring out an easier/cheaper way of displaying the rest.

I'll admit to still having some anxiety about my pops not being in their boxes, so I'm not sure how permanent this arrangement will be. ;)

Hello Jessica!
I'm new here and came across your post on this thread. This is exactly what I want my lil' guys to look like :hello1: :love4:
I'm wondering exactly how your hubby went about adding shelves to these shadow boxes?
Do you mind sharing? Also, if you've like to send me personal messages with photos you can.
Thank you in advance!!! -H

These framed shelves look amazing... but I hate hanging heavy frames on the wall.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:01 am

Don't have a clue how you folks get such nice pictures. Maybe the lighting in my room just sucks or something, because they never come out that nice for me. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics of my collection now that it's all up and nicely organized again...

First up is part of my Bigfoot/Sasquatch collection, which included my custom Bigfoot display (probably will have to redo that to save space and because the case has warped a bit since this picture was taken) as well as my the Bigfoot Wobbler & DVD set, which was my very first Funko item...

Next is a shot with my Rock Candy collection...

A shelf of random goodness with my Baby Sinclair vinyl figure, a couple Batman things, Captain America and Ant-Man with his buddy Ant-Thony (as well as my collection of Pearls Before Swine and Bigfoot related books)...

My three baseball bat cases (love those things) full of Pop!s...

A closer shot of the Mystery Mini shelf (had a ton more, but sold most my minis)...

An overview of my "Funko Corner"...

A little closer look at the Pint Size Heroes (with custom made - from Legos - NHL PSH display case) and Classic Batman Dorbz...

A closer look at Godzilla, Kong, and Bigfoot number two...

A closer look at the Pop! & Dorbz shelves...

And finally my Jurassic Park/World shelves. Just couldn't resist getting two T-Rexes when I realized the regular sized Pop! was the perfect size for a Baby Rex...
Last edited by Quazimoto on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

andibgoode

Postby andibgoode » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:03 am

MymyChan wrote:
andibgoode wrote:I'm still making my way through this thread and I'm in awe of some of the displays and collections here! Wow! =D>

Nice display!
I love Barbie as well.

Oh, thank you! And awesome. Always nice to meet another Barbie fan :D Awww, yeah, I love these Grease pops. I hope they do more! (And I hope you can get these if they're on your wishlist :) )

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:56 am

Harry Potter starting to come out of box

Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 am

andibgoode wrote:
MymyChan wrote:

Nice display!
I love Barbie as well.

Oh, thank you! And awesome. Always nice to meet another Barbie fan :D Awww, yeah, I love these Grease pops. I hope they do more! (And I hope you can get these if they're on your wishlist :) )

Thanks. They are and I am sure I will end up buying them. Will try to hold out for next month, though, my August pop budget is already almost entirely spent !
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:10 am

Quazimoto wrote:Don't have a clue how you folks get such nice pictures. Maybe the lighting in my room just sucks or something, because they never come out that nice for me. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics of my collection now that it's all up and nicely organized again...

First up is part of my Bigfoot/Sasquatch collection, which included my custom Bigfoot display (probably will have to redo that to save space and because the case has warped a bit since this picture was taken) as well as my the Bigfoot Wobbler & DVD set, which was my very first Funko item...

Next is a shot with my Rock Candy collection...

A shelf of random goodness with my Baby Sinclair vinyl figure, a couple Batman things, Captain America and Ant-Man with his buddy Ant-Thony (as well as my collection of Pearls Before Swine and Bigfoot related books)...

My three baseball bat cases (love those things) full of Pop!s...

A closer shot of the Mystery Mini shelf (had a ton more, but sold most my minis)...

An overview of my "Funko Corner"...

A little closer look at the Pint Size Heroes (with custom made - from Legos - NHL PSH display case) and Classic Batman Dorbz...

A closer look at Godzilla, Kong, and Bigfoot number two...

A closer look at the Pop! & Dorbz shelves...

And finally my Jurassic Park/World shelves. Just couldn't resist getting two T-Rexes when I realized the regular sized Pop! was the perfect size for a Baby Rex...

Amazing!
Hi there! I’m Myriam.

Return to “Pop!”