Funko Cereal!

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
pberickp

Re: Funko Cereal!

Postby pberickp » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 am

I tried the Gollum cereal and it was not bad. I ordered the Mega-Man, Batman, and Funk-o's as well. I like my cereal to come with toys, and I don't think the price is too outrageous. Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops cost a ton of money too when they are not on sale, and those don't come with toys.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm curious about how you guys are going to display the cereal (if you're planning on doing so). For me, I bought one to rock and one to stock so that I can open one, get the mini Pop! out, and display it with the unopened box. Then with the one I opened I'll eat the cereal and throw away the box. I suck at opening cereal boxes without damaging them, and I don't think this box will be any different lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm hoping to open it with out damaging it and just display the empty box. haha i've been practicing on other ceral boxes as I go through them
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 am

The only cereal so far that I want to keep the entire box intact is the Freddy Funko's. The others I was thinking of cutting and keeping just the front panels of the boxes to frame and hang like mini posters.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 am

MiniPop wrote:The only cereal so far that I want to keep the entire box intact is the Freddy Funko's. The others I was thinking of cutting and keeping just the front panels of the boxes to frame and hang like mini posters.

I am going to try and keep them in tact. If its like any other cereal box, it would just be the top that would be a little messed up. Most people wouldn't see the top in a display anyways.
Collecting since 2014

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 am

nascar246788 wrote:
MiniPop wrote:The only cereal so far that I want to keep the entire box intact is the Freddy Funko's. The others I was thinking of cutting and keeping just the front panels of the boxes to frame and hang like mini posters.

I am going to try and keep them in tact. If its like any other cereal box, it would just be the top that would be a little messed up. Most people wouldn't see the top in a display anyways.

That's true. The top or bottom could also be glued shut if someone really wanted. Me personally, I sadly don't have the space to keep boxes from everything.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Just tried my box of cereal and I must say it is gross. I won't be buying again but I am glad I tried it at least once.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

brant

Postby brant » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but does anyone know when the Skeletor cereal will be released? Maybe Wave 3?

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:44 pm

I wonder if they'll try to improve the taste of the cereal since it got such bad feedback :-k I would think not though, since it's mainly about collecting, I guess.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Kfresh

Postby Kfresh » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Can’t wait for my Freddy Funkos lol
Follow me on [ig]kfresh.thecollectorguy[/ig]

FL > CA > VA
:freddy2:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Yay!! I go my shipping notice for the Freddy Funko Cereal!! I can't wait.
Collecting since 2014

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Found the Pennywise Cereal a couple days ago at Hot Topic. Now to track down Jason and Freddy K.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:38 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I've tried both Freddy Kreuger and Gollum cereals and I didn't taste any difference between the two. I'm excited about the Pennywise cereal. Definitely grabbing that one.

Was Gollum any good? Wierd eating green cereal with green milk?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 pm

NCDS wrote:Just tried my box of cereal and I must say it is gross. I won't be buying again but I am glad I tried it at least once.

Which box did you get? I literally just left gamestop with a box of Mega Man FunkOs haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:19 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
NCDS wrote:Just tried my box of cereal and I must say it is gross. I won't be buying again but I am glad I tried it at least once.

Which box did you get? I literally just left gamestop with a box of Mega Man FunkOs haha

I got the Freddy one. It is not good. It's like if Froot Loop only had one bad flavor. Let me know if yours is better.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:20 pm

NCDS wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

I got the Freddy one. It is not good. It's like if Froot Loop only had one bad flavor. Let me know if yours is better.

I will also let you know how mine tastes. I am getting a bit worried hearing the taste reviews of a lot of these cereals.
Collecting since 2014

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:32 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

I will also let you know how mine tastes. I am getting a bit worried hearing the taste reviews of a lot of these cereals.

You would think they would put at least some effort into the taste. They can't expect everyone to be in box collectors only haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Picked the the Megaman cereal today. Like the way it looks package too much to open it and eat it so it will go into the display.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

You would think they would put at least some effort into the taste. They can't expect everyone to be in box collectors only haha

I draw the line at trying to keep food forever! I should clarify I got the Freddy Kruger. When I just said Freddy I wasn't thinking about the Funko Freddy box.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:23 pm

dexiesmom wrote:Picked the the Megaman cereal today. Like the way it looks package too much to open it and eat it so it will go into the display.

I would be too afraid of insects getting into the cereal, to not remove it.
Image Image

mrsinforrmal

Postby mrsinforrmal » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Ordered my Batgirl and Batman cereal as soon as I could! So excited!! Just can't decide if I should eat it or keep it :-k
Probably gonna eat it. Cuz I want that Batgirl pocket pop :razz:
MARGIE \:D/
@mrsinforrmal on twitter

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:33 pm

mrsinforrmal wrote:Ordered my Batgirl and Batman cereal as soon as I could! So excited!! Just can't decide if I should eat it or keep it :-k
Probably gonna eat it. Cuz I want that Batgirl pocket pop :razz:

Got both of these on order as well... I feel like I'm obligated to eat it haha. Other wise I wouldnt have spent $9 for a pocket pop, I would have just bought the fullsize pop haha. Just have to figure out what to do with the boxes. I'm hoping I can open them and then fold them flat with out doing to much damage until I decided where/how to display them.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:47 pm

akagalar wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Picked the the Megaman cereal today. Like the way it looks package too much to open it and eat it so it will go into the display.

I think I am just going to get one of the cereal boxes protectors from the Container Store for it to avoid that.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Opened them! So opened my box of megaman, pretty easy. Use a sharp knife and just cut the glue spots on the bottom flap, I can close this back up and your never know it had been opened! This cereal coloring is intense in person haha I tried to get a good pic. The taste wasn't bad (dry) very artificially flavored blueberry(ish). I'll be having some for breakfast in the morning so will let you know how it really tastes then.

PS these boxes are so cool! I love the design!

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:54 pm

I’m waiting for the Skeletor cereal to come out. I wonder if it’ll be exclusive
:freddy1:

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:27 pm

So... this stuff, Megaman at least, wasn’t that bad. It is surprisingly crunchy and did not really ever get soggy like fruit loops do after a minute of sitting in the milk. I was a little disappointed, as I filled my bowl up (regular size bowl) and it took half the bag of cereal. So you'll get 2, maybe 3, bowls of cereal per box.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:57 pm

akagalar wrote:

my wife would absolutely throw out the box if she saw insects going near it. i would neatly open the box take the cereal to enjoy and neatly seal it back. btw for those who have ordered the cereals how was the packaging when it came in? do most places ship the cereal with care?

dannyk

Postby dannyk » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 pm

nyel24 wrote:
my wife would absolutely throw out the box if she saw insects going near it. i would neatly open the box take the cereal to enjoy and neatly seal it back. btw for those who have ordered the cereals how was the packaging when it came in? do most places ship the cereal with care?

How mine looked coming from Funko.com:

Packaged great with no damage at al!

~ PROG ~

XBOX: PROGMONSTER

Image Image Image

Co-Founder of Secondary Heroes #NerdsUnite

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 am

dmitch86 wrote:So... this stuff, Megaman at least, wasn’t that bad. It is surprisingly crunchy and did not really ever get soggy like fruit loops do after a minute of sitting in the milk. I was a little disappointed, as I filled my bowl up (regular size bowl) and it took half the bag of cereal. So you'll get 2, maybe 3, bowls of cereal per box.

Nice prop work! I saw the Cuphead cereal in Hot Topic once, and I really want to try this cereal out soon, but I can't bring myself to buy a $10 box of cereal. :bounce:
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:32 am

FunkoNerd wrote:I’m waiting for the Skeletor cereal to come out. I wonder if it’ll be exclusive

Been waiting for this one as well since I saw it in the MF Doc! Waiting for news :bounce:
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:20 am

nyel24 wrote:
akagalar wrote:

Yeah, I would freak out if I saw bugs getting near or in the cereal. That's why I am buying these cases: https://www.containerstore.com/s/collec ... d=10001590

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:02 am

We need a Funko bowl and a Funko spoon, I know the mugs can be usted as bowls though, lol they are pretty big \:D/
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:44 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:I’m waiting for the Skeletor cereal to come out. I wonder if it’ll be exclusive

Wait there’s skeletor cereal? Will it have a pocket pop too cus that would be sick!

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Picked up the Pennywise cereal so far. Still on the hunt for Freddy and Jason.

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Is the cereal any good? I'm more concerned about the taste of it rather than the pop lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Got a few of the cereals, not sure how many I'll get though

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 pm

FunkO's is definitely my favorite newer Funko line. Something you can eat, the box is art you can display, and a cool pocket Pop! to boot! Can't wait to see what future waves have in store :D
Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:03 pm

So far I have the FYE Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees with HT Pennywise and BL Beetlejuice on the way. The only cereal I have left to buy is the Funko Shop retro Freddy FunkO’s. Then I will just be waiting for Elvira to come out and I will likely be done for awhile. I’ve been buying 2 boxes of each - 1 to display and one to eat / take the pocket pop out of.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:09 pm

This is such a good idea! I only plan on getting the Cuphead ones. My son kept the box with Cuphead/Mugman but I may try to convince him to frame it instead. :)
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:11 pm

OffTheCHENG wrote:Is the cereal any good? I'm more concerned about the taste of it rather than the pop lol

I've only gotten the Cuphead/Mugman cereal so far. I did not try it as I have a specific diet I follow, but my son loved them. He said they tasted like strawberries. My mom tried them too and she liked them as well, which surprised me since she doesn't usually like sweet cereals. I've read varying things so I guess it just depends on what your taste is. I'll get the Cuphead Devil ones when they come out and I'm very curious about those because of the color.
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Return to “Other Funko Products”