No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Shoriyuken

No love for Naruto?

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

hailmary25

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 am

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

While I am not with you as my love for MHA has surpassed my love for Naruto I am with you that we could use more. I mean atleast I need itachi and I wouldn't mind them spreading into Boruto.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:08 am

Anyone who knows me understands my love for Naruto. Especially the pops. I really hope this line doesn’t die before I get a Rock Lee pop. The possibilities are endless. I hope this break from the series has been due to some awesome design work for the next wave! One can dream, right!?
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am

Schl0 wrote:Anyone who knows me understands my love for Naruto. Especially the pops. I really hope this line doesn’t die before I get a Rock Lee pop. The possibilities are endless. I hope this break from the series has been due to some awesome design work for the next wave! One can dream, right!?

Sad to say I think its more to the show finishing. But a Rock Lee pop would look crazy awesome.

BlackCloud79

Postby BlackCloud79 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 am

I personally want all of the Toads, possibly either with Jiraya or Naruto in Sage mode. But at least 1 each of the giant toads as a 6 or 10 inch.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

I totally want more pops from the Naruto line to be made. Particularly wishing for the Sannin to be made - Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru along with their Sensei the 3rd Hokage!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

anesh_hernt

Postby anesh_hernt » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 am

I agree with all of this, they have only hit the tip of the iceberg with the pops they could unleash from naruto it could expand as much as DBZ has.
:freddy3:

FunkoHex

Postby FunkoHex » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 am

I would honestly love for Itachi, a ninetail fox naruto ( Not shippuden ), cursed mark form sasuke would be amazing!
while (noSuccess) {
tryAgain();

if (dead){
break;
}
}

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 pm

At this point, I would not be opposed to Naruto mystery minis if pops are something that might not happen.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:14 pm

mmmrice wrote:At this point, I would not be opposed to Naruto mystery minis if pops are something that might not happen.

That would be really awesome too. I’d take minis as an alternative! Protos would be a lot cheaper to collect lol
-Eric-

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Completely agree. Funko is pushing DB and MHA right now because they are the hotness and have the show to push product.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:16 pm

FunkoHex wrote:I would honestly love for Itachi, a ninetail fox naruto ( Not shippuden ), cursed mark form sasuke would be amazing!

I just want Jiraiya....
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Schl0 wrote:
mmmrice wrote:At this point, I would not be opposed to Naruto mystery minis if pops are something that might not happen.

That would be really awesome too. I’d take minis as an alternative! Protos would be a lot cheaper to collect lol

It would definitely help out in the space department too haha. Although, I can see the retailer exclusives being super annoying to finish.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:58 pm

mmmrice wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

It would definitely help out in the space department too haha. Although, I can see the retailer exclusives being super annoying to finish.

Right! I’m just glad the old HT Kakashi wasn’t too hard to find.
-Eric-

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 pm

More Naruto pops please!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm

mmmrice wrote:
Schl0 wrote:

Yeah and the many variations of each character. Going to need a deep wallet and space to collect it all if they ever go that route. Thousand years of death! !!
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Yea Naruto doesn't get enough love, but at least they have pops. Too many Anime show's that don't have pops, what I would do for Hunter X Hunter pops!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:36 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:Yea Naruto doesn't get enough love, but at least they have pops. Too many Anime show's that don't have pops, what I would do for Hunter X Hunter pops!

I wont lie I would pass on a new Naruto wave to get just one wave of Hunter x hunter

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

They make everything they are allowed to make. Don't worry. It will likely happen.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:53 pm

More Naruto Pops please!! The popularity of DB and MHA overshadowing Naruto...

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

tehlilone

Postby tehlilone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm

I agree! It sucks that Naruto finished but Boruto is pretty popular. I don't think it's as popular as DB and MHA right now though. Personally, I wish they had made more Bleach Pop too before the show finished.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm

anesh_hernt wrote:I agree with all of this, they have only hit the tip of the iceberg with the pops they could unleash from naruto it could expand as much as DBZ has.

I mean seriously. The last one was safe mode Naruto
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

dustindibari

Postby dustindibari » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 pm

I love Naruto and it is simply a matter of time until they make more pops for the show. I also love Friends and it was years between wave 1 and wave 2. I hope that there are eventually 6" versions of all the tailed beasts.

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA.

I completely agree with you on this front.

I had a friend post that "My Hero Academia saved anime". Unfortunately this means that I'm reading it with extremely high expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying MHA, but it is extremely reminiscent to the beginning of Naruto for me. Back when it was a bit more grounded and not just giant energy blasts.
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

post31

Postby post31 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 pm

One can argue Naruto has a better story than MHA and DBZ but the truth is it would be a losing argument. Seriously Naruto is still chasing Sasuke which is literally what happens in episode 1.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm pretty sure funko is working on getting the rights to produce some naruto pops in the future.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 am

tehlilone wrote:I agree! It sucks that Naruto finished but Boruto is pretty popular. I don't think it's as popular as DB and MHA right now though. Personally, I wish they had made more Bleach Pop too before the show finished.

Agreed, so many characters and all we got was two Ichigos and one Rukia. If they made a Vizard mask Ichigo, I would be so happy.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:41 am

Need another wave of these Pops!
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 am

Agreed. It wouldn’t even take that much work to create Rock Lee. All they would need to do is slap some fuzzy brows on their Bruce Lee pops.

anesh_hernt

Postby anesh_hernt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
anesh_hernt wrote:I agree with all of this, they have only hit the tip of the iceberg with the pops they could unleash from naruto it could expand as much as DBZ has.

I mean seriously. The last one was safe mode Naruto

Exactly, and they didn't even do half of the main characters..

r2.ha

Postby r2.ha » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 am

Would love it if they did all the tailed beasts or different versions of susanoo
Hi the name's Rey

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:06 am

I think Naruto's time will come, Dragonball fans thought that they were being neglected before too, now they are getting more than they asked for. So i think in time, Naruto's time will come.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:15 am

TriFeckTa wrote:I think Naruto's time will come, Dragonball fans thought that they were being neglected before too, now they are getting more than they asked for. So i think in time, Naruto's time will come.

You’re probably right. This happens with a lot of the popular series where fans ask for pops for so long and then complain that there’s too many!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 am

Kenjutsu763 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA.

I completely agree with you on this front.

I had a friend post that "My Hero Academia saved anime". Unfortunately this means that I'm reading it with extremely high expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying MHA, but it is extremely reminiscent to the beginning of Naruto for me. Back when it was a bit more grounded and not just giant energy blasts.

Yeah, the early episodes of Naruto is similar to how MHA is now with a little more depth. Living alone as a child, no parents but with great support, and diligent work ethic. Naruto created a world on its own.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 am

TriFeckTa wrote:I think Naruto's time will come, Dragonball fans thought that they were being neglected before too, now they are getting more than they asked for. So i think in time, Naruto's time will come.

I really do hope so. It's one of my favorites and I feel like I've grown with three show.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

disphugginflip

Postby disphugginflip » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 am

Soooo many pops they can make it's ridiculous. As much as I love Naruto, it would break my wallet trying to collect everything. The akatski pops would be dope to collect them all, along with Madara.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 am

They are getting into more of these anime-type shows, there will so many!

popnkix

Postby popnkix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:50 am

They’re milking it, I can’t wait for another drop.

sneakmode

Postby sneakmode » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:07 pm

I'd be happy if they at least did the 3 Sannin. And the main Summons (Gamabunta/Manda/Katsuyu), And the Hokages. And the rest of Akatsuki. And the rest of the 6" tailed beasts. Yeah at least those guys.

Gottums

Postby Gottums » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:42 pm

I do wanna see more Naruto Pops but at least Funko is showing Naruto some love because they didn’t for Bleach with only Ichigo and Rukia with GameStop Exclusive Hollow Ichigo.

Return to “Pop!”