Funko Cereal!

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Funko Cereal!

Postby Jezter » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Saw the Freddy Krueger box at my closest FYE today. Price was something like $13, but I had already spent too much on pops so I couldn't get any. Maybe in a couple weeks when I go back in search of the FYE Carnage!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Husband picked up the pennywise box of cereal at hot topic. Looks nice with our pennywise pops.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:21 am

YourAverageFunatic wrote:FunkO's is definitely my favorite newer Funko line. Something you can eat, the box is art you can display, and a cool pocket Pop! to boot! Can't wait to see what future waves have in store :D

I agree 100% I love the box art. They will most likely be framed or something haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 am

dmitch86 wrote:
YourAverageFunatic wrote:FunkO's is definitely my favorite newer Funko line. Something you can eat, the box is art you can display, and a cool pocket Pop! to boot! Can't wait to see what future waves have in store :D

I agree 100% I love the box art. They will most likely be framed or something haha

I've been trying to decid how to display them myself... Might do floating shelves or just stick them to my Funko art wall with some ahesive lol
Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:11 am

RogueViolet wrote:
MiniPop wrote:The only cereal so far that I want to keep the entire box intact is the Freddy Funko's. The others I was thinking of cutting and keeping just the front panels of the boxes to frame and hang like mini posters.

This is such a good idea! I only plan on getting the Cuphead ones. My son kept the box with Cuphead/Mugman but I may try to convince him to frame it instead. :)

I only thought about doing that to save space lol. I live in apartment so I have to limit myself somehow. I already have enough with Dorbz and Pop boxes.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

iAlieee

Postby iAlieee » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:27 am

I feel so conflicted about these, $8 for a box of cereal that doesn’t even taste good and a tiny pocket pop. I wouldn’t have issues if the cereal was good :-k

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:16 am

dannyk wrote:
nyel24 wrote:
my wife would absolutely throw out the box if she saw insects going near it. i would neatly open the box take the cereal to enjoy and neatly seal it back. btw for those who have ordered the cereals how was the packaging when it came in? do most places ship the cereal with care?

How mine looked coming from Funko.com:

Packaged great with no damage at al!

Awesome packaging. Thanks for the pic.

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Trying to be really selective with these. Don’t want to get into a situation where I’m buying every cereal to keep the collection complete loll

So far just picked up Funko Freddy and Pennywise
ImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:54 pm

coopscohen wrote:Trying to be really selective with these. Don’t want to get into a situation where I’m buying every cereal to keep the collection complete loll

Same, I am only getting the freddy Funko cereal. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
coopscohen wrote:Trying to be really selective with these. Don’t want to get into a situation where I’m buying every cereal to keep the collection complete loll

Same, I am only getting the freddy Funko cereal. \:D/

I'm curious how crazy they are going to be getting with the cereal.
I do hope they do more Freddy funkOs though
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:34 pm

MiniPop wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:
MiniPop wrote:The only cereal so far that I want to keep the entire box intact is the Freddy Funko's. The others I was thinking of cutting and keeping just the front panels of the boxes to frame and hang like mini posters.

This is such a good idea! I only plan on getting the Cuphead ones. My son kept the box with Cuphead/Mugman but I may try to convince him to frame it instead. :)

I only thought about doing that to save space lol. I live in apartment so I have to limit myself somehow. I already have enough with Dorbz and Pop boxes.

I completely understand that. :) I put shelves up in my son's room for his collection and they are sorted by each franchise. There would be a perfect amount of room to frame the cuphead box covers underneath his cuphead shelf!
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

mrsinforrmal

Postby mrsinforrmal » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
mrsinforrmal wrote:Ordered my Batgirl and Batman cereal as soon as I could! So excited!! Just can't decide if I should eat it or keep it :-k
Probably gonna eat it. Cuz I want that Batgirl pocket pop :razz:

Got both of these on order as well... I feel like I'm obligated to eat it haha. Other wise I wouldnt have spent $9 for a pocket pop, I would have just bought the fullsize pop haha. Just have to figure out what to do with the boxes. I'm hoping I can open them and then fold them flat with out doing to much damage until I decided where/how to display them.

I heard some people saying its better to open it from the bottom if you plan on keeping the box. I think its a pretty good idea! I'm probably going to try that
MARGIE \:D/
@mrsinforrmal on twitter

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:28 pm

I opened my Freddy Funko’s up yesterday. That mini retro Freddy is awesome!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:48 pm

RogueViolet wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:Is the cereal any good? I'm more concerned about the taste of it rather than the pop lol

I've only gotten the Cuphead/Mugman cereal so far. I did not try it as I have a specific diet I follow, but my son loved them. He said they tasted like strawberries. My mom tried them too and she liked them as well, which surprised me since she doesn't usually like sweet cereals. I've read varying things so I guess it just depends on what your taste is. I'll get the Cuphead Devil ones when they come out and I'm very curious about those because of the color.

Lol if your don and mom likes it, I'm pretty sure i will too. Thanks for the info!
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IMFunkoJeff

Postby IMFunkoJeff » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm

dmitch86 wrote:

I agree too, I absolutely love the box art. Some of the best, most colorful cereal box designs in recent memory. Good stuff again from Funko.
:SW3:

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Collecting Funko since the late 2000s. I love all things Funko, especially Pop! Vinyl, Wacky Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz. I’ve also been collecting autographed Pops, Wobblers, and Vinyl Idolz since 2014. I’ve collected almost every Deadpool Pop! Vinyl — with every possible USA and International LE sticker that Funko has made (as far as I’m aware) — and I’m missing just the three Freddy Funko SDCC Deadpool pieces.

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Freddy Says: "FunkO's are part of this complete fun!"

Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

NamesJay

Postby NamesJay » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Are there any comprehensive lists of the cereals that are currently out and which stores sell them?

tim_the_bearded

Postby tim_the_bearded » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:43 pm

I got my Funko’s today and got the cereal and Freddy out through the bottom. Can’t wait to try the cereal, but I’m not sure what I’m going to put back in the box before I glue it closed. Anyone got ideas?

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 am

NamesJay wrote:Are there any comprehensive lists of the cereals that are currently out and which stores sell them?

Wave 1:

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/intr ... -breakfast

Wave 2:

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... eal-wave-2

sneakmode

Postby sneakmode » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Got my Freddy Funko Cereal yesterday! Need to crack it open and try the cereal still though.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:09 pm

I got my Freddy Funko Cereal the other day. My wife and I have been eating it last two mornings for breakfast. It is pretty good.
Collecting since 2014

slimpimp2phat

Postby slimpimp2phat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

nascar246788 wrote:I got my Freddy Funko Cereal the other day. My wife and I have been eating it last two mornings for breakfast. It is pretty good.

which brand cereal would you compare the taste too?

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:50 pm

slimpimp2phat wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:I got my Freddy Funko Cereal the other day. My wife and I have been eating it last two mornings for breakfast. It is pretty good.

which brand cereal would you compare the taste too?

My wife says it tastes like strawberry fruit loops to her.
Collecting since 2014

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Being complete sounds great in my head but I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I only have HT and GS anywhere within 8 hours or so and don't really want to constantly pay shipping on every new cereal that comes out. Hopefully they will have more of the store exclusives when I go to HQ next weekend.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Has anyone tasted the Gollum cereal from Box Lunch yet? Is it truly precious? lol
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 pm

DipperDots wrote:Has anyone tasted the Gollum cereal from Box Lunch yet? Is it truly precious? lol

I’ve had the Gollum, Pennywise and Jason cereals. Maybe my taste buds aren’t as refined as others, but to me they maybe have a slightly different taste at first, but all end up tasting the same after you chew a couple times. They all taste like a lower quality Fruit Loops to me.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm

So far the pocket pop Freddy is my favorite!!!! :freddy3:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 am

OffTheCHENG wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:Is the cereal any good? I'm more concerned about the taste of it rather than the pop lol

I've only gotten the Cuphead/Mugman cereal so far. I did not try it as I have a specific diet I follow, but my son loved them. He said they tasted like strawberries. My mom tried them too and she liked them as well, which surprised me since she doesn't usually like sweet cereals. I've read varying things so I guess it just depends on what your taste is. I'll get the Cuphead Devil ones when they come out and I'm very curious about those because of the color.

Lol if your don and mom likes it, I'm pretty sure i will too. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome! Sorry I couldn't provide firsthand info. Let me know what you think of them! :)
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:09 pm

I’m complete on these for everything released so far. The only one that worries me is the BAM exclusive since I don’t have those near me and not sure if they’ll have them on their site.

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Here are the pocket pops from the horror 3-pack tin on the left compared to the ones from the cereal on the right. The same figure although Jasons paint job is slightly different.

The cereal to me tastes like marzipan, not very nice. I've never had fruit loops so I don't know if thats what they taste like.

So far I have Freddy and Jason. I'm waiting on Pennywise and Beetlejuice, oh and the Freddy Funko from the pop up shop.

Madmatt3788

Postby Madmatt3788 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Ya know it would be cool if Kellogg’s released Frosted Flakes with a mini Funko Tony pop! Like get good cereal and a pop lol

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:I’m waiting for the Skeletor cereal to come out. I wonder if it’ll be exclusive

Been waiting for this one as well since I saw it in the MF Doc! Waiting for news :bounce:

If it’s NYCC, that would be crazy
:freddy1:

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 pm

XSRK wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:I’m waiting for the Skeletor cereal to come out. I wonder if it’ll be exclusive

Wait there’s skeletor cereal? Will it have a pocket pop too cus that would be sick!

Yep, it will
:freddy1:

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:04 am

FunkoNerd wrote:
XSRK wrote:

Wait there’s skeletor cereal? Will it have a pocket pop too cus that would be sick!

Yep, it will

Sold, when does it drop?

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:00 am

Is it just me? Or does all the Funko cereals taste the same. So far, I have tried Gollum, Freddy, and Pennywise. I thought they would be different flavors, but I have yet to notice the difference in taste.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:Is it just me? Or does all the Funko cereals taste the same. So far, I have tried Gollum, Freddy, and Pennywise. I thought they would be different flavors, but I have yet to notice the difference in taste.

I can't tell you because I only tasted one and all of mine are still sealed. Only opened to get the pocket pop. I don't think Funko ever intended people to eat these. They are collectibles. I will keep buying them because I love the pocket pops!!!! :D
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Madmatt3788 wrote:Ya know it would be cool if Kellogg’s released Frosted Flakes with a mini Funko Tony pop! Like get good cereal and a pop lol

ohhh that would be awesome.

Danberry75

Postby Danberry75 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Mike Becker was on the Toy Geeks: behind the counter show, talking about Funko Cereal and DesignerCon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RneVclyvzxY
Funko collector & Comic Con veteran
SDCC 1993-1996, 2000-19, 2022
WonderCon 2015-19, 2022
C2E2 2015-16
Silicon Valley Comic Con 2017-19
ECCC 2017-19, 21-22
LBCC 2016-19
LBCE 2016-20, 22
TwitchCon 2016-17, 19
Comikaze/Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con/Los Angeles Comic Con 2015-19
DesignerCon 2015-19, 21
SD Comic Fest 2017-20, 22
D23 2015, 2017, 2019
Comic Con Revolution 2018-19, 21-22
Amazing Comic Con Las Vegas 2018-19

and many, many more!

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Danberry75 wrote:Mike Becker was on the Toy Geeks: behind the counter show, talking about Funko Cereal and DesignerCon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RneVclyvzxY

Watching this now, pretty intresting.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:Is it just me? Or does all the Funko cereals taste the same. So far, I have tried Gollum, Freddy, and Pennywise. I thought they would be different flavors, but I have yet to notice the difference in taste.

I haven’t tried anything other than Megaman... kind of disappointing if so. Why color them so differently with artificial colors if you’re not going to add artificial flavors haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Other Funko Products”