Vynls love in general

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Batgirl73

Re: Vynls love in general

Postby Batgirl73 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:02 am

Yeah I just recieved the bumble pack also. Because I will be hoping to get the Rudolph/hermie pack. I was surprised that it was bigger myself. They are all staying inbox like everything else lol.
Image Image

Batgirl73

Postby Batgirl73 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 am

So heres a new question my one friends brought of a point.. would you all rather get the vynls 2 in a pack or would you rather 1 like a pop? His theory is if you didnt like the second character you might not buy it? What do you guys think? I think 2 in a pack is good for the money. And usually they make the second character compliment the main one. I think it's a win win. However the MOTU I didnt automatically buy because I didnt like the second person in the box. I think it should have been he man and she ra instead of he man and trapjaw?
Image Image

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:01 am

Batgirl73 wrote:So heres a new question my one friends brought of a point.. would you all rather get the vynls 2 in a pack or would you rather 1 like a pop? His theory is if you didnt like the second character you might not buy it? What do you guys think? I think 2 in a pack is good for the money. And usually they make the second character compliment the main one. I think it's a win win. However the MOTU I didnt automatically buy because I didnt like the second person in the box. I think it should have been he man and she ra instead of he man and trapjaw?

I like the idea of them being 2pks make them unique. Also I think it helps characters that might not be as popular but are really cool (Trap Jaw). This helps sales so you don't have a huge inventory of these extra characters, and also helps sales because now they can create a second pack with another popular character (She-ra). I can't say it really decreases sales by having a characters people don't like if they really like one or like the Vynl. line they will grab it anyways. Did hear people upset they won't be able to make a Storm Trooper army though lol.

So far the only thing I haven't cared for is the duplicate characters already appearing before they release others. Example we have 2 Hermoine/Ron packs out, and while yes Prince Adam, He-man, and Faker are different to me they are still the same and they could have done something a little different like He-Man & Cringer or Battlecat and Skeletor & Trapjaw. I do also like when they do a good guy and bad guy set instead of the 2 good guy sets but for sales I know sometimes it's better to do two popular characters (Deadpool & Cable). My fear is when say they release Voldemort they will put Harry in the box and then we will have 2 Harrys.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Batgirl73

Postby Batgirl73 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Maybe a battle cat and skeletons cat could be a pack that would be different and I would probably buy it lol.
Image Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:34 pm

I haven't bought any yet. As much as I do like them, I want to be more picky about what I get and so far my favorite characters haven't been made.

I think I may get the Freddy Funkos next weekend with my paycheck, but besides them, nothing has jumped out at me yet.

I'd prefer they were singles, like everything, but if they are only ever going to be two packs, then these are the ones I'd buy.

Wolverine & Sabretooth
Superman & comic Doomsday
Flash & Zoom
10th Doctor & Rose or Tardis
11th Doctor & Clara
12th Doctor & Bill
Silver Surfer & Galactus
Captain Picard & Locutus of Borg
Spock & Kirk
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Batgirl73 wrote:Maybe a battle cat and skeletons cat could be a pack that would be different and I would probably buy it lol.

Noooo, Battle Cat and HeMan or HeMan and Skeletor
ImageImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:01 pm

Just saw more duplicates posted on IG ugh, can we get originals. I would even be happy if they were the two new characters in each pack together and just drop the duplicate variants. It's really the only reason I thought getting into Vynl. was going to be easy, didn't think Funko would overdo it with rapid multiple releases, multiple variants etc. Next we will see Chase, and GITD, Metallic, Chrome, Flocked, etc. and IMO will overwhelm the limited collector base that already exists. IMO if you have a smaller collector base try to focus on just a few really cool items and not flood the market, hopefully what they are planning with the new Dorbz strategy.
Images Unplugged

Batgirl73

Postby Batgirl73 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:16 pm

Man u have 574 dorbz thats insane where do you put them all. I'm still stacking up against my wall my room is Just about full lol! And the vynls do take up 2 spaces instead of one so on variants like you said you have to be sometimes choosy
Image Image

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:01 am

Batgirl73 wrote:Man u have 574 dorbz thats insane where do you put them all. I'm still stacking up against my wall my room is Just about full lol! And the vynls do take up 2 spaces instead of one so on variants like you said you have to be sometimes choosy

You don't want to know, still trying to figure out display options without having to have them all over the house. The more Dorbz I get the more Pop! figures I'm selling lol. No idea how I'm going to display the Vynl. figures yet as I definitely don't have any room for them in my shelves.
Images Unplugged

Batgirl73

Postby Batgirl73 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:47 pm

I usually get dorbz to go with my pops so I only have about 20. Even tho I have 400 pops lol
Image Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 am

wmwadeii wrote:
Batgirl73 wrote:Man u have 574 dorbz thats insane where do you put them all. I'm still stacking up against my wall my room is Just about full lol! And the vynls do take up 2 spaces instead of one so on variants like you said you have to be sometimes choosy

You don't want to know, still trying to figure out display options without having to have them all over the house. The more Dorbz I get the more Pop! figures I'm selling lol. No idea how I'm going to display the Vynl. figures yet as I definitely don't have any room for them in my shelves.

That Dorbz count is just, wow! Can you share a picture of what your display looks like!? Never seen a wall of Dorbz before! =D>
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:46 am

I'm totally diggin them. I love the style and the pieces they are coming out with right now. Keep 'em coming!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 am

Well I said I wasn't going to get Into a new line, but these are soooo freakim adorable.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Batgirl73

Postby Batgirl73 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Yeah we all say we dont want to get into anything else but funko knows there hooks and how to get us on the line!
Image Image

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Really like VYNL, and have just been keeping up with the ad icons to this point, but much better than the pop alternatives on the wallet :)

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:

That Dorbz count is just, wow! Can you share a picture of what your display looks like!? Never seen a wall of Dorbz before! =D>

Don't have all of them out yet, you can see my post in the Your display, the Funko way thread for an idea of what I have. Once I get the rest of the shelves added and setup I'll take some new ones. Still not 100% I'll find a way to get them all on display lol.
Images Unplugged

Jjulsky

Postby Jjulsky » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:07 am

I’m loving the Vynl style!!! Do I plan on buying all the Vynl...nope! I’m going to stick to my favs and the ones that catch my eye, just like with Dorbzs and Pops!. One must attempt to stay sane in the world of Funko
:donald:

Member of the KY FUNKO LEAGUE OF AWESOMENESS
I need a Disney Three Caballeros Pops

Batgirl73

Postby Batgirl73 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:54 am

Wmwadeii those are awesome picks I love your dorbz setup!!
Jjulsky I hear you I'm just going to get ones I love not sell the farm for all lol!
Image Image

Bearmodel

Postby Bearmodel » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi!

I thought about sharing this with you guys. I put this together to keep track of all the characters, released or otherwise announced, in the Vynl line. I will update it biweekly. HOpe you guys enjoy it.

Thank you

Edison

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:23 pm

I LOVE the vynl sets. I am currently only collecting the MOTU ones though. That will change with Cuphead and Mugman coming out but I don't know that I will go beyond those. I have all of the MOTU ones so far with the Prince Adam/Cringer set on order. Fingers crossed that one will be released soon. The style is like nothing else really out there right now and the facial expressions are amazing.
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:23 pm

Bearmodel wrote:Hi!

I thought about sharing this with you guys. I put this together to keep track of all the characters, released or otherwise announced, in the Vynl line. I will update it biweekly. HOpe you guys enjoy it.

Thank you

Edison

This is great! Thank you very much for putting it together and sharing. :)
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Bearmodel

Postby Bearmodel » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 pm

You're welcome...

Love for VYNl is strong here with me ;)

E.

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Bearmodel wrote:You're welcome...

Love for VYNl is strong here with me ;)

E.

That image is great! I can finally see everything in one place.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Thank you

Edison

Great JOB :D thank you for sharing :D
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm

i really like the vynl style.

i have a few hope we can see TMNT and El diablo and bone daddy
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

post31

Postby post31 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Thank you

Edison

Awesome thank you for this
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

post31

Postby post31 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:18 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:i really like the vynl style.

i have a few hope we can see TMNT and El diablo and bone daddy

Yes TMNT needs to make the Vynl. jump sign me up for a set.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

brant

Postby brant » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:34 pm

I love the Vynl line, and I think MOTU is the best of them all!

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:24 pm

I enjoy them a lot! I personally think the style for the Cereal Monsters/Icons is better suited for the Vynl line than the Pop line. I like the Cereal Vynls more than the Pop versions! I also think the Star Wars ones are awesome.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:27 am

That's the werid and great thing about Vynl's some look amazing like the Wizard of Oz or IT but some just look super werid and I think that is what stops me from getting all of them.
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

PintSizeHulk
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby PintSizeHulk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Thank you

Edison

Thanks for this! I find myself losing track now that releases are becoming more frequent.
Chris
Instagram: PintSizeHulk

:happy1:
F.K.A vinyl addict / Hulk Smashington

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:25 pm

Batgirl73 wrote:So heres a new question my one friends brought of a point.. would you all rather get the vynls 2 in a pack or would you rather 1 like a pop? His theory is if you didnt like the second character you might not buy it? What do you guys think? I think 2 in a pack is good for the money. And usually they make the second character compliment the main one. I think it's a win win. However the MOTU I didnt automatically buy because I didnt like the second person in the box. I think it should have been he man and she ra instead of he man and trapjaw?

I love X-Men, I hate Deadpool. I won't buy the two pack because Deadpool is in it.

Bearmodel

Postby Bearmodel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:28 am

Batgirl73 wrote:So heres a new question my one friends brought of a point.. would you all rather get the Vynls 2 in a pack or would you rather 1 like a pop? His theory is if you didnt like the second character you might not buy it? What do you guys think? I think 2 in a pack is good for the money. And usually they make the second character compliment the main one. I think it's a win win. However the MOTU I didn't automatically buy because I didn't like the second person in the box. I think it should have been he man and she ra instead of he man and trapjaw?

I think if you are big fan of, for instance, MOTU, you will think the 2 characters on the pack are great. Like you I didn't like the second character on a couple of the MOTU and I didn't get, but then again I'm not a big fan of it so it was a easy pass. I got Vader and Stormtrooper this week and I didn't quite care for the Stormtrooper's design but I loved Vader and I'm a SW fan.

Funko Vynl motto is "There is no "i" in Vynl" so they should come in twos and sometimes you will not get the characters you want but it is a good value for the money($15 for 2) and so far I was not unhappy with any of the 2 characters I got.... The ones I didn't get were the ones I didn't care for, both characters, so it was not a difficult decision.

Funko has been great so far when it comes to pairing up characters. So no complaints so far. I really want The Flintstones and Jaws....

Cheers

E.

fangirl1981

Postby fangirl1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:54 pm

I have 8 sets now and I love them. I think I might like them more than Pops. I wish they'd make more Marvel since that's the biggest part of my collection. I need an Iron Man Vynl.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:08 pm

As more sets come out I love this line more and more!

captainvoltaic

Postby captainvoltaic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Vynl are probably my second favorite funko line right now. The most appealing aspects in my opinion are the 2pk format, wide range of expressions, and the price range! Loving the ad icon vynl's, and hoping for more Disney vynl!

:albino:
Proto's I'm Looking for:
Red Knight - Dark souls
Megara & Hercules

Bearmodel

Postby Bearmodel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi!

It might be common knowledge now but there are rumors about the next few Vynl characters coming out this year. They are:

Darth Maul & Obi Wan
Boba Fett & Chewbacca
Lilo & Stitch
Harry Potter & Dobby
Jon & Daenerys (GOT)

Officially announced by Funko are:

Mayor & Barrel
Oggie Boogie & Behemoth
Lock & Shock'
Voldemort & Lestrange

LuchaBeast

Postby LuchaBeast » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 am

Bearmodel wrote:

Where did you see/find the announcement for Voldemort and Bellatrix? I've not heard about these yet.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:22 pm

I like them a lot and have a nice collection of them already. They are very nicely made and the colors are great. Just wished they would do at least one single pack!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am

I actually like them coming in 2 packs, but I do get what you mean what if you don't like the 2nd figure but with these I think they should come in 2 packs.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”