Ad icons wish list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
bakivali

Re: Ad Icons and Target

Postby bakivali » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm down to just needing Captain Crunch. The stores we went to were really frustrated because they got lots of calls for them, but the boxes were in a toy aisle redesign palette so they couldn't access them until later in the day. Once they did find them, they were sold out in about 20 minutes.

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:32 pm

I got everything i need... but man.. Target is a difficult place to hunt
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:40 pm

So for these 4 ad icons, amazingly I did a brick seek check, went to the target that showed they were in stock and was told by the target employee that they were there but he just didn't know where. But this Target employee went above and beyond, he looked and looked until he located them for me. So I was able to get all four a few weeks ago. It all depends on the target you visit and the employee you encounter on your hunt. Sorry if you're having such a difficult time but I hope you get them eventually.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

ryzg401

Postby ryzg401 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 pm

molodamus wrote:I've gone to Target where brickseek shows stock and when talking to an employee he says they won't sell until August 26th. I check brickseek the next day and the stock is gone. I'm hoping it'll be sold on their website sooner or later. That's my only chance. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've had the same experience. Annoying, but so be it. Hopefully they "drop" on line soon.

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 pm

molodamus wrote:I've gone to Target where brickseek shows stock and when talking to an employee he says they won't sell until August 26th. I check brickseek the next day and the stock is gone. I'm hoping it'll be sold on their website sooner or later. That's my only chance. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I live in California and see this happen over and over.

But it's only human nature... If an employee sees/hears demand for any given product, it's too easy to keep stock in the back and buy it at their employee discount, then flip it for a nice profit.

Brickseek is a handy tool, but we as collectors need to be more low key in trying to find our goods. Still no excuse for the employees to act shady though.
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 pm

I gave up on finding them in store almost as soon as they started showing up. I am just going to be patient and wait for the online drop. That method has worked quite well for me the past year and a half… I don’t think I’ve missed a Target exclusive that I can remember.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Maybe we can reapply our judgement after August 26th? It seems Targets that released them, and the flippers that hunt brickseek ruined the wide roll out on August 26th. Maybe online shortly after?

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 pm

I’ve been going to a lot of Targets since the Ad Icons started showing up and I have yet to see or even hear of any being at a store near me in Southern CA.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Sounds just like one of my local Target stores. 2 Funko collectors work at that target and everytime they say cant sell because release date including the manager. Then later the same day they sell out. Unacceptable! Luckily being near Baltimore and Washington DC we have lots of Targets to choose from. But we also have lots of collectors as well.

afkbee

Postby afkbee » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 pm

Same here in WA one moment is in Stock and they "can't find them" next day sold out. They did do this to me for Pikachu but when I went to the Customer Service counter to ask a manager they "magically" found them. lol Target is just the worst IMO

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm

I have basically given up and go without. As much as I like completing my collection it's just not worth the stress and it's easy to get lots of other things. I know it's not very Funko Spirit to give up and go without but I get tired of going hunting to come up with nothing when I know something I want will come around later. I also don't want to spend my life in lines outside stores. With that in mind I also won't buy them off eBay, I mean they only do it because we cave and buy them. I'll buy here and there from a collector looking to get rid of a piece but that is it.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

My experience of getting this set was rather positive. I woke up early and made sure i was first in line. Five other people joined me before the store opened. They couldn’t find them but one employee went out of his way to find them for us. It took him about an hour but he took care of his customers.

jsimon3661

Postby jsimon3661 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Last week my daughter and i went to target in WV. S Charelston. We never were in the store so we went back to the toy dept and looked around. There were 2 stockers in toys and i asked one if they had any ad icons or pickachus. He said he just put some out and took me to the location. They were all gone. My daughter and i thanked him and we started to walk away. He says Hey, wait a minute. I have more in back. I said Oh. I didnt want to bother you with that. He told me thats the reason he did it for us because we didnt badger him, with a smile. He got us all 4 ad icons and 2 pickachus. I asked if 2 was ok. He said one for you, and one for your daughter. Absolutely a great experience. \:D/
:colors:

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:55 pm

jsimon3661 wrote:Last week my daughter and i went to target in WV. S Charelston. We never were in the store so we went back to the toy dept and looked around. There were 2 stockers in toys and i asked one if they had any ad icons or pickachus. He said he just put some out and took me to the location. They were all gone. My daughter and i thanked him and we started to walk away. He says Hey, wait a minute. I have more in back. I said Oh. I didnt want to bother you with that. He told me thats the reason he did it for us because we didnt badger him, with a smile. He got us all 4 ad icons and 2 pickachus. I asked if 2 was ok. He said one for you, and one for your daughter. Absolutely a great experience. \:D/

Sometimes it's good to hear something nice and Kudos to the employee n you for been nice to them!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

abefarley

Postby abefarley » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 pm

This seems to be hit or miss depending on the employee. The first person that I talked to verified that they were in stock but the planogram to put them on the display wasnt until 8/26 but the next person that I asked went to the back and found them for me. I dont think for the store on the east coast at least that they are supposed to be out yet.

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Mos_Eisley wrote:I’ve been going to a lot of Targets since the Ad Icons started showing up and I have yet to see or even hear of any being at a store near me in Southern CA.

They were in a few OC stores. I picked up all 4 at a store in Tustin. Had to be there an hour before opening though.. we had 7-8 people in line when doors opened.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 pm

I haven’t had any issues with employees directly but my Target never has the “good” exclusives hit the floor.
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

PapaMitchMatch

Postby PapaMitchMatch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 pm

It took going to 3 different stores at opening, but eventually I got them.
Is there any way to recognize those Target employees that go up and beyond to help?
:freddy3:

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:42 am

Still hoping for a restock either in store or online...

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:44 am

MysteryFunkO wrote:Okay so I know this has become a pretty big issue and seeing how it is affecting a lot of fans in the community, I wanted to talk about this. How many of you are still looking for the 4 Target Ad Icons (Cap'n Crunch, The Noid, Bazooka Joe, and The Golden Crisp Sugar Bear)? How many of you ask the employees if they have them in stock or if there will be any shipment soon and still get nasty responses like "We can't find them!" or "We don't have any POP!s Ok?!"?

I'm mainly looking for Cap'n Crunch. The rest are meh. If I can't get him through retail, it'll be through trade.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:55 am

lol No having to worry about target problems when you live in canada.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:28 am

mmmrice wrote:Still hoping for a restock either in store or online...

Same here!

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 am

digithor wrote:lol No having to worry about target problems when you live in canada.

At least you have the Geoffrey Ironman to fight over :blackeye:

c2ltacs

Postby c2ltacs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 am

Show me glowing ones

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 am

Have given up on in store finds. Every time brickseek says they have them, I go to check, show the Target employee it says in stock and they still have some excuse why they are not there. The funniest one was a Target employee telling me that brickseek shows inventory of their online orders that are shipped to store. He told me that "in stock" inventory was people ordering them online and shipping them to this location. I called him out on it saying that they werent online yet only in store.

Then I ask if he can check under the electronics counter which he reluctantly agreed to. He opens the case and starts pushing Pop boxes back out of my view. Then brings forward one Janet Van Dyne unmasked pop telling me that is the only pop in there. I ask if I can see all the pops under there as I could see there were multiple boxes and he told me he wasnt allowed to bring everything out from under the counter. I just got tired of the lies so I told him in my kindest tone to have a nice day and walked away. Just not worth the stress or giving someone attitude even when they are in the wrong.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:54 am

mmmrice wrote:
digithor wrote:lol No having to worry about target problems when you live in canada.

Haha now that will be fun to go after

c2ltacs

Re: What should the next Ad Icon be?

Postby c2ltacs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 am

Flocked icons!
Koko
Chester

and how about mr clean? glow scented anyone?

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 am

volsspongebob wrote:I would be up for a 10" Kool Aid Man. Oh Yeaahh!

This would be an jnsta buy for me!
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:24 pm

War19872002 wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

I've never actually found any TRU exclusives in stores around me lol, only online
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 pm

philipali wrote:I got everything i need... but man.. Target is a difficult place to hunt

This is me too. I got them but had to get seriously lucky and spent about 10 hours doing it. 9.5 hours of that was what OP said - 'we can't find them.' I do agree with another poster though - it is VERY case by case. a lot of the employees are very patient - way more than I probably would be in their shoes.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:It's definitely a case by case basis and it's unfair to blame Target as a company IMO. I had 0 issues where I live and all the local collectors I know were also able to find them with ease. I can understand where California or other big states might be a disaster, but at the same time I can see how an employee would be fed up with being bombarded by people asking every 5 seconds.

I am in CA and it sounds like there is a massive difference between CA/NY and lots of other places in around the country.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 pm

War19872002 wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

CAN NOT WAIT!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:57 pm

chaostryder wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:I would be up for a 10" Kool Aid Man. Oh Yeaahh!

This would be an jnsta buy for me!

Agree - instabuy.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 pm

runtodere wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:It's definitely a case by case basis and it's unfair to blame Target as a company IMO. I had 0 issues where I live and all the local collectors I know were also able to find them with ease. I can understand where California or other big states might be a disaster, but at the same time I can see how an employee would be fed up with being bombarded by people asking every 5 seconds.

I am in CA and it sounds like there is a massive difference between CA/NY and lots of other places in around the country.

Can confirm the bay area sucks for collecting. We may have a lot of stores but we also have a lot of scalpers.

edlopez0416

Postby edlopez0416 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 pm

mmmrice wrote:Can confirm the bay area sucks for collecting. We may have a lot of stores but we also have a lot of scalpers.

I am in Chicago and it also feels the same way I have had no luck at any of the targets I have been to not just for the Ad Icons but for most Target exclusives.
Hello my name is: Eduardo

POPS:1,027
DORBZ:200
MYSTERY MINIS: 450

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:59 pm

mmmrice wrote:
runtodere wrote:

Can confirm the bay area sucks for collecting. We may have a lot of stores but we also have a lot of scalpers.

Yup - that's true here in So Cal also - I see the same guys every line, every time

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:10 pm

I went to Target when brickseek showed 6 in stock, but they said they didn't have them. A few days later, the stock showed 5 remaining for all of them. I wonder who bought a set? They all still show 5 in inventory as of today, but I haven't gone back to Target to harass, I mean ask them again.
My Name is Ernie

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Kaljor wrote:

I went to Target when brickseek showed 6 in stock, but they said they didn't have them. A few days later, the stock showed 5 remaining for all of them. I wonder who bought a set? They all still show 5 in inventory as of today, but I haven't gone back to Target to harass, I mean ask them again.

Brickseek isn't the most accurate tool so it is misleading but if you gave them the DPCI in store and they use their pda, it should say if they have it in the back or somewhere else.

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Will the other ad icons (Twinkie, King Ding Dong, Pilsbury) be Target exclusives as well?

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:03 pm

I like the pops but they're not must haves, every time I see them in stock around me on brickseek I got check......haven't found any yet.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Return to “Pop!”