Ad icons wish list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
War19872002

Re: What should the next Ad Icon be?

Postby War19872002 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Please do Philsbury Doughboy already

MiniPop

Re: Ad Icons and Target

Postby MiniPop » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:48 pm

I haven't had any luck with the ad icons pops near me. If anything is popular here, people line up super early and things sell out in minutes. So if you are like me and unable to do that, you tend to miss out. I ended up buying Bazooka Joe second hand for around $10+shipping. He is the one I wanted the most.

As for Target employees, well...there are bad apples in every bunch. Some are kind and helpful, others are not. I have encountered both. Just like anywhere else.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm

I wander how long this crazy will last

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 pm

I wanna see some ad icons from other countries. Like the jolibee pop. I think that’d be pretty cool but make them available in the U.S.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:27 pm

I'm still looking for Sugar Bear and Cap'n so I hope the 26th comes soon and hopefully they do an online release so the price on secondary falls
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 pm

KidMarvel wrote:I'm still looking for Sugar Bear and Cap'n so I hope the 26th comes soon and hopefully they do an online release so the price on secondary falls

Those are the only two I bought (bought off funkoswap on Reddit and eBay) think I paid total like $50 or so.

Sucks that the Targets by me never seem to have them just laying around.

I’m sure the prices will drop down a bit. It’s already starting to decline.
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm

MiniPop wrote:I haven't had any luck with the ad icons pops near me. If anything is popular here, people line up super early and things sell out in minutes. So if you are like me and unable to do that, you tend to miss out. I ended up buying Bazooka Joe second hand for around $10+shipping. He is the one I wanted the most.

As for Target employees, well...there are bad apples in every bunch. Some are kind and helpful, others are not. I have encountered both. Just like anywhere else.

That's pretty much how it is here. Brickseek shows green and people immediately line up before open. Everything sells out within 5 minutes, assuming the employees can locate the box.

I've managed to get lucky a couple of times with re-stocks, and the 10" Pops. I've been striking out with the cereal ones, though. Either they sell out immediately, or the store can't find the box, or won't be putting them out until the 26th. I'm just waiting for them to drop online. I only want Sugar Bear and Captain Crunch.

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:41 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
MiniPop wrote:I haven't had any luck with the ad icons pops near me. If anything is popular here, people line up super early and things sell out in minutes. So if you are like me and unable to do that, you tend to miss out. I ended up buying Bazooka Joe second hand for around $10+shipping. He is the one I wanted the most.

That's pretty much how it is here. Brickseek shows green and people immediately line up before open. Everything sells out within 5 minutes, assuming the employees can locate the box.

I've managed to get lucky a couple of times with re-stocks, and the 10" Pops. I've been striking out with the cereal ones, though. Either they sell out immediately, or the store can't find the box, or won't be putting them out until the 26th. I'm just waiting for them to drop online. I only want Sugar Bear and Captain Crunch.

Yea, I'm hoping there will be restocks soon. My husband was hoping for a Captain Crunch. Good luck to you in getting Sugar Bear and Captain Crunch.
Hi, I'm Angelica

Synseer83

Postby Synseer83 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

i went to one of my local targets this morning with my wife. 2nd time Brickseek shows it in stock but the building never got the shipment. The guy was nice and took me and my wifes number down and was told hes allowed to set them aside for us.

now just have to wait for that call
Instagram: @LJCards83
Twitter: @LJCards83

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:24 am

Wonder if they will ever go online?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 am

$10 + shipping is a great deal. Congrats.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 am

Synseer83 wrote:i went to one of my local targets this morning with my wife. 2nd time Brickseek shows it in stock but the building never got the shipment. The guy was nice and took me and my wifes number down and was told hes allowed to set them aside for us.

now just have to wait for that call

That's nice of him. we had a Target employee do that for us on the black panther because they couldn't find the box (and I guess they really couldn't because I did get the call later)

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 am

supertoygiant wrote:Wonder if they will ever go online?

They have to right? If so - my guess is near the street date

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:04 am

I'm always polite to the Target employees.
Funko Funbae

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 am

Local target showed a restock of captain crunch this morning , employee checked the back for me and came up empty handed. I perused a few of the pallets left on the sales floor that were still being worked but that proved futile as well. Just hoping for an online release at this point otherwise I'll pick them off of eBay or mecari.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:59 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:Local target showed a restock of captain crunch this morning , employee checked the back for me and came up empty handed. I perused a few of the pallets left on the sales floor that were still being worked but that proved futile as well. Just hoping for an online release at this point otherwise I'll pick them off of eBay or mecari.

I will have to do without if I don't find them :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:05 pm

I was fortunate enough to come across a store with 4 sets remaining. The associate brought the case out from the back, I grabbed my 4 and set the rest up in section. I also felt compelled to organize the section a bit while he was in back, looking for the case. A little good karma always helps!
ImageImage

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 pm

I really only want Captain Crunch. But to be honest, I can never find anything good at my Target. I guess I have too many collectors in the area.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:32 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:Local target showed a restock of captain crunch this morning , employee checked the back for me and came up empty handed. I perused a few of the pallets left on the sales floor that were still being worked but that proved futile as well. Just hoping for an online release at this point otherwise I'll pick them off of eBay or mecari.

The only time I get lucky with a pop from Target is online...I wonder why they haven't done an online release for this yet~!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Seems some Targets got a box of six Cap'n Crunch Pops. No other Ad Icons. YMMV.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:26 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:

The only time I get lucky with a pop from Target is online...I wonder why they haven't done an online release for this yet~!

I think because the set date isn't until the 26th. When stuff goes online, it tends to go up on or after the set date. I don't know that they've ever put something online before that.

mizsdiana

Postby mizsdiana » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 pm

I still havent been able to get a hold of the ad icons...

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:47 pm

runtodere wrote:

$10 + shipping is a great deal. Congrats.

Thanks! :)
Hi, I'm Angelica

bizzarojon

Postby bizzarojon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 pm

East coast person checking in. I went to 2 different stores for them. First store the employees said they didn't have them, went back later that day and they said they were putting them out tomorrow with a limit of one per. bad experience there with lying employees and I'm never going again. Other store had them in no limit, and was able to grab the set and the display since there was 7 of us. So it's very hit or miss and depends on the employees at the store
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me :freddy1:

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:35 pm

:freddy4: I would love to see the Jolly Green Giant, Keebler Elves, and Snap, Krackle, and Pop

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:36 pm

runtodere wrote:
chaostryder wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:I would be up for a 10" Kool Aid Man. Oh Yeaahh!

This would be an jnsta buy for me!

Agree - instabuy.

Agreed, he must be 10in :freddy3:

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:Rooty the A&W Root Bear. With their 100th anniversary coming in 2019, this would be the perfect time to have this be an addition to the Ad Icons line. This one is easily setup for both a regular and flocked versions. Maybe even scented with that great smell of their syrup used to make daily that fresh root beer.

He would be awesome as a pop and a dorbz!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Wild_Flower85 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
chaostryder wrote:

This would be an jnsta buy for me!

Agree - instabuy.

The 10" would be amazing but I can't vote for the 10" - no more 10" for me - they are just way too big!

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm

runtodere wrote:
Wild_Flower85 wrote:
runtodere wrote:Agree - instabuy.

The 10" would be amazing but I can't vote for the 10" - no more 10" for me - they are just way too big!

We keep saying that as well, the whole "we have no more room for them" and yet we still buy them all lol. I HAVE to have them.

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Would love to see Puppy Monkey Baby from the Moustain Dew commerical as the next ad icon ;)

Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

M3lonhead

Postby M3lonhead » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:06 pm

We need more cereal ad icons. If they made the Kool-Aid man into a pop, I can see them having a lot of different variants of it.
ImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Wild_Flower85 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Wild_Flower85 wrote:Agreed, he must be 10in :freddy3:

We keep saying that as well, the whole "we have no more room for them" and yet we still buy them all lol. I HAVE to have them.

lol I am literally going to get a storage unit this week for all of my stuff.

pop-inandout-9

Postby pop-inandout-9 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:09 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Adrenya wrote:Kool Aid Man with variants in different colors (flavors) would be awesome. And McNuggets. I was sad when looking at the McDonalds pops that used to be able to be pre ordered from GameStop that nuggets weren't on it. Just like a giant freaking McNugget lol

This reminds me of those old Happy Meal Toys of the McNuggets you used to be able to get lol I loved those things

Pops in happy meals?!?! Great idea!!!!
DERRICK
IG: poptill_youdrop
So-cal local collecting POP memories
First Pop: Hershel(walking dead)
Team BATMAN Team AVENGERS
Team GOONIES
ISO: Freddy Lannister, Winged Monkey, Martian, Krueger, and any other Freddies!!!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Surprisingly, I went into a Target this morning just after opening and they were opening Pop! boxes of Cap’n, Bazooka Joe and The Noid. No Frog Pop!, but they did have the Vynl. Tony the Tiger/Dig ‘em Frog 2-pack. It looks great in person.

[llO_oll]7

Postby [llO_oll]7 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 pm

I've had no issue hunting these, just that some stores let you buy the whole set, 1 of each and some other stores only let you buy 1. Other than that, a few of my targets have really rude employees, but nothing a collector can handle I suppose lol
Kevin @[llO_oll]7
ImageImage

kekamahele76

Postby kekamahele76 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Just picked up Cap’n Crunch, Noid and Bazooka Joe this morning (Lakewood, Ca). They have it behind the counter.
SDCC: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022.
WonderCon: 2018, 2019, 2022.
Star Wars Celebration: 2019, 2022.
Grand Opening Hollywood: 2019.
NYCC: 2022.
First Funko Pop: 2008.
Serious Collecting: 2016.
Fundays: 2018, 2019, 2022.
Fright Night: 2022

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:01 pm

I had no real trouble getting the Ad Icons when they surfaced in SD. I did have to go to a few Targets however, but that's part of the game. Most couldn't find them because of the pallets but I lucked out at two Targets where they were giving out 1 Icon per-customer and got Bazooka Joe and Capt. Crunch. Then later that day was the first person to ask about the Icons and the electronics guy brought out the box for me and I had the pick of the litter.

Unfortunately, Pikachu has been impossible to find because everyone knows about Brickseek and line up in the mornings to get em'. If I wanted him that bad I should do that, but I just haven't done it. Now he's not being restocked for a while and the stores that do get the few restocks sell out in 10mins or less.

With the GITD Twinkie Kid coming out next week, and now with a GITD Chase variant too... life just got a whole lot more difficult.
ImageImageImageImageImage

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm

We ain't seen nothing yet after what has been circulating on social media lol
ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 pm

coopscohen wrote:We ain't seen nothing yet after what has been circulating on social media lol

oh do tell :D

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
coopscohen wrote:We ain't seen nothing yet after what has been circulating on social media lol

oh do tell :D

Spoiler: show
Target Exclusive GITD Chase Twinkie the Kid
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”