How do you display your PSH?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

How do you display your PSH?

Postby Strending625 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 am

I’m in the process of setting up a new pop room in my basement (more room than I have now) and I was curious to see how everyone displays their PSH collection. Right now I have a few on a shelf and sometimes they get lined up on the mantle of my fireplace, but most of them end up in a couple ziploc bags for storage. Let’s see those display ideas!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

RogueViolet

Re: How do you display your PSH?

Postby RogueViolet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am

I have two different displays. I first got the Studio Decor Coin Display (Item # 10224309 ) from Michaels. This works great for *most* pint size heroes but for ones that are a little larger, they will not fit or they will have to be put in diagonal in a way. My Captain Hook PSH did not fit in this display at all and my Orko one barely fit. I had to put him in a corner turned to where he is facing in a bit instead of facing forward (diagonal). On this one, you can easily fit 5-6 per row and it has 6 rows total.

I found a different display that they had though which is the Studio Decor Keepsake Display (Item # 10227067). I moved all of my Disney PSH into this one and they all fit fine - including Captain Hook. You can fit 8-9 on each row and there are 6 rows.

I love how these look in the cases. I'm still working on completing Disney Series 1 (need the three Moana ones - cannot find them anywhere!) but all of the ones I have (Disney Series 1 - minus 3 - Disney Series 2, and Snow White) all fit comfortably in the larger display case. I presently have my MOTU PSHs in the smaller one.

Both are on sale right now. The coin case is $17.99 and the keepsake case is $29.99.
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:58 am

I use a cylindrical vase, not the best way but it looks fun and saves on space!

Nick IG: collector.badger

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:37 am

RogueViolet wrote:I have two different displays. I first got the Studio Decor Coin Display (Item # 10224309 ) from Michaels. This works great for *most* pint size heroes but for ones that are a little larger, they will not fit or they will have to be put in diagonal in a way. My Captain Hook PSH did not fit in this display at all and my Orko one barely fit. I had to put him in a corner turned to where he is facing in a bit instead of facing forward (diagonal). On this one, you can easily fit 5-6 per row and it has 6 rows total.

I found a different display that they had though which is the Studio Decor Keepsake Display (Item # 10227067). I moved all of my Disney PSH into this one and they all fit fine - including Captain Hook. You can fit 8-9 on each row and there are 6 rows.

I love how these look in the cases. I'm still working on completing Disney Series 1 (need the three Moana ones - cannot find them anywhere!) but all of the ones I have (Disney Series 1 - minus 3 - Disney Series 2, and Snow White) all fit comfortably in the larger display case. I presently have my MOTU PSHs in the smaller one.

Both are on sale right now. The coin case is $17.99 and the keepsake case is $29.99.

Good to know I picked up 4 of the coin display and had a few PSH with me that I had bought the same day. Took some with bigger heads like Rita and figured if she fit they all would, didn't know somebody could have a bigger head than her lol.

CollectorBadger wrote:I use a cylindrical vase, not the best way but it looks fun and saves on space!

Actually that's not a bad idea either probably looks pretty neat. I saw a picture of somebody that put them in a Gumball Machine (with I could recall where) and that looked awesome. I'm actually trying to find a nice looking machine because I have been finding the Funko Mojis on clearance. Since most are primarily round (don't get me started on the Disney ones) they would look kinda cool IMO in a GB Machine.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:05 am

Gumball machine is a great idea!

Nick IG: collector.badger

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:33 pm

I also use the keepsake display from Michael’s. I can fit about 3-4 sets per display.
It’s me Lynda

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I usually display them with their respective lines, since I have other pieces that go with them typically (Pops, VYNLs, statutes, tsum tsums, ect). I like to make a nice display piece with all their things.

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Little display cases from the container store
They cost $9.99 and I use some museum putty they also have to tack them down
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 pm

I just found this display in Walmart on clearance, it's made for those Nano Metalfigs, but it's also the perfect size for PSH. It is open so it's not going to help with dust, but I really liked that it's lit. :D

wenhol8710 on Instagram

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:I just found this display in Walmart on clearance, it's made for those Nano Metalfigs, but it's also the perfect size for PSH. It is open so it's not going to help with dust, but I really liked that it's lit. :D

that's pretty darn cool, makes me wish I collected PSH so I can get one to display them in lol

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 am

Mr Yac wrote:
wenhol8710 wrote:I just found this display in Walmart on clearance, it's made for those Nano Metalfigs, but it's also the perfect size for PSH. It is open so it's not going to help with dust, but I really liked that it's lit. :D

that's pretty darn cool, makes me wish I collected PSH so I can get one to display them in lol

Thanks! :D

Some of the small mystery minis fit as well - I had Iago nearby when I was filling it so I tested him out of curiosity - but nothing much bigger than that size will fit.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 am

At work on riser that was made for spices.
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm

wmwadeii wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:I have two different displays. I first got the Studio Decor Coin Display (Item # 10224309 ) from Michaels. This works great for *most* pint size heroes but for ones that are a little larger, they will not fit or they will have to be put in diagonal in a way. My Captain Hook PSH did not fit in this display at all and my Orko one barely fit. I had to put him in a corner turned to where he is facing in a bit instead of facing forward (diagonal). On this one, you can easily fit 5-6 per row and it has 6 rows total.

Good to know I picked up 4 of the coin display and had a few PSH with me that I had bought the same day. Took some with bigger heads like Rita and figured if she fit they all would, didn't know somebody could have a bigger head than her lol.

Haha - Captain Hook is HUGE with his hat! I took him with me when I went hunting for a new case that could fit him. I am still trying to find the Moana ones but I love being able to have them all in one case.
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:17 am

Spoiler: show

Love this, great idea! Especially since your picture shows me that I don't have to use that faux 'rock' base that's pictured.

Was just at the container store today looking for something for PSH and MM, and this is the best I've seen the for PSH! We were going to go with nail polish racks, but now that I'm home with it, I'm not loving it. Going to hit up my WM tomorrow!
Image ImageImage Image

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Was finding the Nanos Metal fig displays on clearance at Targets on clearance. I'll admit to buying 1 or 2.

Or 14...
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:10 pm

The Metal Fig displays are neat because of the lighting but not a fan of the industrial metal with rivets look. Wish they had some other variations that were just black or white and smooth.

Actually just had a great idea, FUNKO make some displays lol, they could really get inventive with backgrounds, colors, theme by series, etc (however I'd still like a clean black and white version too).
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 am

RogueViolet wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:

Haha - Captain Hook is HUGE with his hat! I took him with me when I went hunting for a new case that could fit him. I am still trying to find the Moana ones but I love being able to have them all in one case.

Thank you! This is great info :freddy3:

alexbeillin

Postby alexbeillin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:53 pm

All of mine are currently in a bucket on the floor :eek: I've been trying to find space for them!

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:24 am

Wild_Flower85 wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:

Thank you! This is great info :freddy3:

You are welcome! It's not often I have any kind of knowledge that is useful so I enjoy sharing it when I can. haha

Return to “Blind Bags”