Ad icons wish list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Riddler3

Re: Ad Icons and Target

Postby Riddler3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 am

Yep Northern California is tough for Targets for sure.
Life is full of questions isn't it? Though, naturally I prefer to think of them as Riddles.

If an IYO SKY funko/proto shows hit me up ASAP!

Riddler3

Postby Riddler3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:04 am

Not to mention the employees who are notorious for taking and scalping(not just the pops).
Life is full of questions isn't it? Though, naturally I prefer to think of them as Riddles.

If an IYO SKY funko/proto shows hit me up ASAP!

codytranum

Re: Variants of the Currently Released Ad Icons!

Postby codytranum » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:43 am

Yeah +1 to metallic here. The SDCC Metallic Monster Cereal Pops look amazing. I can only hope someday we'd get something like a Metallic Tony release

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 am

Freddy ad icons. Imagine Freddy captain crunch or Freddy lucky the leprechaun
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 am

There was a big restock in my area for the Ad Icons, every store got at least 6 of each if not 12. I'm starting to feel better about their availability now.

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:16 am

supertoygiant wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Still waiting on the 26th for the "street date" for Cap'n and Sugar. Hoping that means an online release as well!

Same here, have only gotten the Cap and that as pure luck that I saw someone paying for a noid and asked target employee if they had the Cap n crunch pop and she appeared shocked that I asked and looked at her co-worker and he said he may have one and they had them locked up behind the counter. This was at around 5:30 pm and I could see they had more of the icons but told me one per person. Box was not mint.

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:18 am

perfectflaw00 wrote:Went to target yesterday after they showed a restock a very nice employee checked stock and it showed 13 he went into the back and looked but came back empty handed and said try back tomorrow when all the stock has been worked. I said thank you for the effort and went on my way. Went back today and asked a different employee and before I could even give him the dcpi number he asked if,it was for the pop captain crunch which I said yes. He proceeded to tell me that they had them for a few days but were sold out now, I didn't push the issue because he was a younger kid and it is just a vinyl figure but I absoutely hate being lied to. I'm hoping for an online drop at some point but even if that doesn't happen I'm in a situation were I can afford to snag them off eBay but not everyone is as fortunate and there will be collector's who really love this figure line that miss out .If we were on the Reddit forum I'd be using some more colorful language for my story but I censor myself here.

This is rough. I hate target

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:22 am

Flocked Sam, please.

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:50 am

So happy to see so many restocks. Glad everyone is able to get a set and the scalpers are actually slowing down in my area. Found some ad icons at 4pm in the afternoon. =)
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:02 am

mmmrice wrote:
Kaljor wrote:
molodamus wrote:I've gone to Target where brickseek shows stock and when talking to an employee he says they won't sell until August 26th. I check brickseek the next day and the stock is gone. I'm hoping it'll be sold on their website sooner or later. That's my only chance. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I went to Target when brickseek showed 6 in stock, but they said they didn't have them. A few days later, the stock showed 5 remaining for all of them. I wonder who bought a set? They all still show 5 in inventory as of today, but I haven't gone back to Target to harass, I mean ask them again.

Brickseek isn't the most accurate tool so it is misleading but if you gave them the DPCI in store and they use their pda, it should say if they have it in the back or somewhere else.

My experience is that brickseek is accurate. When "they can't find it" I talk to managers. When managers "can't find it" I talk to corporate. They usually show up after that... Or bad employees stop showing up. Either way is fine with me.
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:06 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:This happened to me fortunately at my local target they took our names and phone numbers down. They called me a few days later saying the pops are here and I went and picked them up

that is awesome. dont hear these kind of stories often. congrats.

my target is the opposite of this. cali targets are the worst.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 am

Sdivirgilio7 wrote:Freddy ad icons. Imagine Freddy captain crunch or Freddy lucky the leprechaun

Freddy ad icons would be really cool to see.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:52 am

I’d like to see scented ad icons come out. If they smelled like their cereal that would be pretty cool! My house would smell so sweet! Haha

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 am

Looks like my local target re-stocked over the weekend :)

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:45 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:This happened to me fortunately at my local target they took our names and phone numbers down. They called me a few days later saying the pops are here and I went and picked them up

For every 10 Target stories there's always one that has a happy ending!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

LouisCyphre

Postby LouisCyphre » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:03 am

I'm thinking that it be beneficial to get a part time job at Target just for the POPs....

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am

ocwankenobi wrote:

Glad you have Target's employees with good customer service. It not happen in my area.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 am

One of my friends was able to snag Captain Crunch and Sugar Bear for me this weekend. Yay! Some of my Targets got a re-stock but I didn't have time this weekend to go out hunting for them myself.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:So happy to see so many restocks. Glad everyone is able to get a set and the scalpers are actually slowing down in my area. Found some ad icons at 4pm in the afternoon. =)

I think as time goes buy, more and more will be available.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

abefarley

Postby abefarley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:28 am

I dont care if they are scented or just a new pose, but I'd just really like them to release new versions of count chocula, boo berry, and fraken berry, so I dont have to shell out so much money to buy the originals. :)

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 am

Any variants would work for me lol I don't have a lot in the Ad Icon line and may never obtain them (and that's okay I tell myself LOL *cry) but I would love to see Metallic the most, I think they would look amazing!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 am

Vises35 wrote:Any variants would work for me lol I don't have a lot in the Ad Icon line and may never obtain them (and that's okay I tell myself LOL *cry) but I would love to see Metallic the most, I think they would look amazing!

I agree with the above. I think that metallic paint would be an awesome variant for most of these. Also, I agree that flocked version could be cool, but only when it makes sense ie. flocked Toucan
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 am

I always complain that we have no Target stores in Canada and it's really difficult to get Target exclusive Pops. However, it seems when reading these threads that everybody has issues with Target, no matter where you are from
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:50 am

codytranum wrote:Yeah +1 to metallic here. The SDCC Metallic Monster Cereal Pops look amazing. I can only hope someday we'd get something like a Metallic Tony release

Good idea. It will look awsome a metallic Tony.

kingdomcustoms

Postby kingdomcustoms » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:58 am

I'd like to see a new set of Chocula, Booberry, and Frankenberry! I'm not sure exactly what they could do, but perhaps just a version of them holdiing the cereal bowls, like they did for the Choc and Franken VYNL set.

MiniPop wrote:Bubble gum scented Bazooka Joe? Lol Jk lol
I think Dig em' Frog would look cool in a glow in the dark green, but he doesn't seem too popular.

I get the impression he's not very popular because he's a common! It's much easier to get hyped for a Pop worth easily $50+
:freddy2:
Pop Count: ~300; Latest: Spirit Mufasa
Dorbz Count: 70; Latest: Huckleberry Hound 8-pack
Rock Candy's: 24; Latest: Belle
Favourite Pop's: Hades Chase, Pain & Panic, Lord Drakkon
Favourite Dorbz: Alice 4-pack, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Penelope Pitstop
Favourite Rock Candy's: Sirius, Bellatrix, and Jessica Rabbit
Custom Count: 25 Pops, 5 PSH, 48 Dorbz, 17 Misc; Most Recent: Kermit PSH

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:09 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
Vises35 wrote:Any variants would work for me lol I don't have a lot in the Ad Icon line and may never obtain them (and that's okay I tell myself LOL *cry) but I would love to see Metallic the most, I think they would look amazing!

I agree with the above. I think that metallic paint would be an awesome variant for most of these. Also, I agree that flocked version could be cool, but only when it makes sense ie. flocked Toucan

Yes, I absolutely agree! It would be cool only if it made sense doing it.

Flocked Sugar Bear
GITD Dig Em' Frog and maybe Flocked?
Flocked Sonny the Cuckoo
Flocked Fruit Brute
GITD Yummy Mummy?
Flocked Bulleye (aww!)
GITD Boo Berry
GITD Franken Berry

And Metallic seems like a safe and very presentable variant for most if not all of the Ad Icons. I personally like Chrome but don't see these going over well in this line. And of course these are just suggestions that I hope come true so I can have in my collection HAHA

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:40 am

kingdomcustoms wrote:I'd like to see a new set of Chocula, Booberry, and Frankenberry! I'm not sure exactly what they could do, but perhaps just a version of them holdiing the cereal bowls, like they did for the Choc and Franken VYNL set.

I think Dig em' Frog would look cool in a glow in the dark green, but he doesn't seem too popular.

I get the impression he's not very popular because he's a common! It's much easier to get hyped for a Pop worth easily $50+

I get that. Some people like Pops for the value or rarity and others because of certain characters. (Either way is not bad). I still think Dig em is really cute. I'm anxious to see how they handle the rest of the ad icons and wonder if they will be exclusive or commons.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

ethaneee22

Postby ethaneee22 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 am

kingdomcustoms wrote:I'd like to see a new set of Chocula, Booberry, and Frankenberry! I'm not sure exactly what they could do, but perhaps just a version of them holdiing the cereal bowls, like they did for the Choc and Franken VYNL set.

I agree, Its about time we get some updated Chocula, Booberry and Frankenberry

Antman

Postby Antman » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:43 am

Nemesis989 wrote:I always complain that we have no Target stores in Canada and it's really difficult to get Target exclusive Pops. However, it seems when reading these threads that everybody has issues with Target, no matter where you are from

You are correct! (Based on my experience.)

ethaneee22

Postby ethaneee22 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah I think it really just depends on a lot of factors like the location, management, specific team members, etc.
I am a Target team member and I make sure to follow all the rules, and also be honest and kind to any collectors who come in.
I work in the mornings so I never have a chance to buy anything for myself. Yes it is true that there are some shady employees who will hide or purchase exclusives and chases for themselves, but that doesn't mean we all do it. We get hundreds of collectors calling and coming into the store, some are great and really nice to talk to, others are extremely rude because they assume that all Target employees are out to get them.
Unfortunately not every Target is great, and not all employees are great, but just be kind to people like me who are just trying to help and we will return the kindness to you :D

jayyy714

Postby jayyy714 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:06 pm

I have gone to several targets on different days, and struck out on all the new ad icons. Hopefully, they go online. The only chance I'll have.
Instagram @Keepitnerdy15
Pop Quiz Season 1 Contestant

I want Disney Errrything! The
Funko Fundays 2016 Team Deadpool, 2017 Team Rebel Alliance, 2018 Team Gremlins and 2022 Proto Robos Champs! 2023 Team Lumberjacks
Making Fun premiere
ISO
Disney Parks Protos All of them! (Missing Br’er Fox and Br’er Rabbit for Splash Mountain set)
Haunted Mansion
Matterhorn
Freddy Jack Skellington!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:10 pm

I think Target cornered the market on Ad Icons and 10 inch Pops!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Hopefully tomorrow I can hunt for the Twinkie kid. If I didn’t have class today I would’ve had a chase haha
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Orange Chrome Tony The Tiger.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Id like to se another variant of tony the tiger. I missed out on the first 2 and would like to get another chance.
:freddy3:

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Outside of doing flocked and given people another chance to get a character there's no real variants that interest me. If we ever get Kool Aid I'd love to see the variety of colors

What I do want to see is all of them get made into Dorbz and Vynl. Which is slowly but surely happening
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Since missing Toucan Sam, I’ve been waiting for a flocked Toucan. Hopefully we see one at some point.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm

TheLastAnimator wrote:Id like to se another variant of tony the tiger. I missed out on the first 2 and would like to get another chance.

I'd be down for a metallic version :cheers: .
I be Chris

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

This Sunday is the "set date" for all the icons so most stores are getting their restocks in. YMMV though since I was turned down at one on Sunday but got the full set this morning. Good luck to everyone still looking!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:54 pm

I actually think that a Scented Ad Icon would be dope!!! A bubble Gum Bazooka Joe sounds like it'd be sick. Something like that would most likely be a Con exclusive though. I don't see it being mass produced enough to be a common.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Return to “Pop!”