3XL shirts

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Re: 3XL shirts

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Apparently Funko does not want people who wear larger than a size 2XL to buy or wear their shirts. I have been asking for a very long time. Every shirt on their website is not available for me to wear, so sad when I see so many shirts that I WOULD buy if they fit me.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

ntranger

Postby ntranger » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:40 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Apparently Funko does not want people who wear larger than a size 2XL to buy or wear their shirts. I have been asking for a very long time. Every shirt on their website is not available for me to wear, so sad when I see so many shirts that I WOULD buy if they fit me.

They actually do make 3XL, but the shirts are random. I have a Freddy Funko blue print, Kevin Smith, Jay and Silent Bob, Skeletor, and some Funday shirts, that are 3Xl. Its all random, but it happens.

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:11 pm

It shouldn't be random. This kind of business prejudice is a huge pet peeve of mine .. not everyone is 5'5" - 6'2" and skinny or a subjective "average" body-size these days.

I'm 6'8" and there are plenty of 6'4" and 6'6", or maybe a bit less, but also 6'10" people out there. We shouldn't be excluded on our ability to purchase and wear these items based upon our size. Many of us can't control that.

How cool would it be if Funko ONLY made shirts for 6'8" people? No shirts, or clothing, for anyone under 6'8".. not too cool a prospect for many here I would think, and yet that's the world many folks (like myself and others here) live in. It makes no sense to drastically limit the size availability of these shirts towards a group of people who have no way of controlling how tall/big they are. It's quite frankly a biased view, and problem, within many clothing companies, not just Funko. However, Funko should be more in tune with their core customer base, and maybe adjust that business model.

If they need to charge more for bigger shirts, I get that, then do it and make bigger shirts more available and in greater quantities. That seems a fair and workable financial solution (for Funko) towards the cost issue, and it would be great for us too obviously.

C'mon Funko - throw us more XXX and XXXL bones here.

Best

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Didn't see any at the Grand Opening either. :(

DeatoN

Postby DeatoN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 pm

I've noticed the 2XL are becoming harder to find also. I collect Star Wars Funko tees and have always been able to get my Smugglers Bounty in that size but the Holographic Kylo Ren box set only seemed to go up to XL for some reason.
Instagram: @FunkoPopStarWars
FDO8, 2017 SDCC, 2019 SWC

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:16 pm

DeatoN wrote:I've noticed the 2XL are becoming harder to find also. I collect Star Wars Funko tees and have always been able to get my Smugglers Bounty in that size but the Holographic Kylo Ren box set only seemed to go up to XL for some reason.

Yeah.. I’m not sure if this is Funko’s way of motivating us... but I like tacos too much lol

Kfresh

Postby Kfresh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:37 pm

I’m almost able to fit 2XL now!! Can’t wait
Follow me on [ig]kfresh.thecollectorguy[/ig]

FL > CA > VA
:freddy2:

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:
DeatoN wrote:I've noticed the 2XL are becoming harder to find also. I collect Star Wars Funko tees and have always been able to get my Smugglers Bounty in that size but the Holographic Kylo Ren box set only seemed to go up to XL for some reason.

Yeah.. I’m not sure if this is Funko’s way of motivating us... but I like tacos too much lol

The plight of the taco lover lol

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Nice to see a 3xl shirt on the Funko shop today. I’m sure it had everything to do with this thread. lol. Mission accomplished

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:31 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:Nice to see a 3xl shirt on the Funko shop today. I’m sure it had everything to do with this thread. lol. Mission accomplished

NOw it's time they include these sizes in Target Bundles
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:38 pm

philipali wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:Nice to see a 3xl shirt on the Funko shop today. I’m sure it had everything to do with this thread. lol. Mission accomplished

That would be nice.

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes saw this too today...can't wait to see what other releases will be in the future. =D>

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Definitely agree that it is about time we see 3xl. Now just hope it continues with all Funko shirt releases.

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:01 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Definitely agree that it is about time we see 3xl. Now just hope it continues with all Funko shirt releases.

Me too. However the price was a little much. Here’s hoping it doesn’t shrink

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:16 am

Hopefully no shrinkage, will attempt once they put out a cooler shirt

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:03 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:
philipali wrote:

That would be nice.

Yeah, I think Small to XL is such a narrow range for Pop tee sizes for those box sets.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:24 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:
philipali wrote:

That would be nice.

Yeah, I think Small to XL is such a narrow range for Pop tee sizes for those box sets.

Yeah, I never understand the sizing. But target and Kohl’s stay small too...

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:20 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:
That would be nice.

Yeah, I never understand the sizing. But target and Kohl’s stay small too...

I think they are pushing for us to exercise
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Please make this happen. I was hoping to find some big guy shirts on my visit to HQ, but no luck. Please move to a Gildan brand or better. These tissue weight, hipster cut, too small shirts are not motivation to buy or wear. I've been looking for customs or imitators since I can't find what I'm looking for from the source.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:59 am

I just found this thread. I can’t agree more. I can wear a 3xl but I like my shirts on the baggy side. Some of the 3x shirts from the subscription boxes run tight as well. Like fitted tees. Maybe this Funko’s subtle nudge to tell me to get back in the gym hahaha
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:49 pm

So happy to purchase the letterman jacket on the website today. So happy they have a 3xl size!!

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:50 pm

daOCHO wrote:So happy to purchase the letterman jacket on the website today. So happy they have a 3xl size!!

Nice!

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:29 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:
daOCHO wrote:So happy to purchase the letterman jacket on the website today. So happy they have a 3xl size!!

Nice!

This is comforting. Now only if they made zip up hoodies hehe

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:48 am

Me too. Glad I got an order in early since 3X sold out
ImageImage

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:34 pm

coopscohen wrote:

Hopefully they restock, or have 3X at headquarters during ECCC

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:38 am

As a big guy, 3XL would be awesome. My wife disagrees and says I should lose weight though. :razz:
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:14 am

I hope they'd start making them along the standard size of shirts rather then the slim fit type...I fit alright into 2XL but Funko shirts, I need 3XL for sure

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 am

KryptonianRed wrote:
coopscohen wrote:

Be careful of that 3XL letterman’s though. The first hoodies Funko released (the blue ones) ran a size smaller so the 3XLs were more like 2XL. Doubt they’ve heard any of us and are actually offering true-to-size clothing.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 am

I do not wear a XXL or XXXL normally but in the past I have picked up some that size because I know they will shrink like crazy. Like Funko shirts or any shirt I ever bought of Qwertee
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Barryyyyy wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:
coopscohen wrote:

Be careful of that 3XL letterman’s though. The first hoodies Funko released (the blue ones) ran a size smaller so the 3XLs were more like 2XL. Doubt they’ve heard any of us and are actually offering true-to-size clothing.

Yeah, that’s why I’m definitely waiting to try one on before buying it.

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Revisiting this thread, so it doesn’t die lol.
I’ll be at headquarters soon, and I’m really hoping there’s bigger size shirts to buy. *fingers crossed *

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 pm

geoffdude wrote:It shouldn't be random. This kind of business prejudice is a huge pet peeve of mine .. not everyone is 5'5" - 6'2" and skinny or a subjective "average" body-size these days.

I'm 6'8" and there are plenty of 6'4" and 6'6", or maybe a bit less, but also 6'10" people out there. We shouldn't be excluded on our ability to purchase and wear these items based upon our size. Many of us can't control that.

How cool would it be if Funko ONLY made shirts for 6'8" people? No shirts, or clothing, for anyone under 6'8".. not too cool a prospect for many here I would think, and yet that's the world many folks (like myself and others here) live in. It makes no sense to drastically limit the size availability of these shirts towards a group of people who have no way of controlling how tall/big they are. It's quite frankly a biased view, and problem, within many clothing companies, not just Funko. However, Funko should be more in tune with their core customer base, and maybe adjust that business model.

If they need to charge more for bigger shirts, I get that, then do it and make bigger shirts more available and in greater quantities. That seems a fair and workable financial solution (for Funko) towards the cost issue, and it would be great for us too obviously.

C'mon Funko - throw us more XXX and XXXL bones here.

Best

very well said! Funko please take this advice, I know I'd be willing to pay a little extra to accommodate bigger sizes.

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Even 4X would be nice because they are slim tees and they fit a little smaller than the size
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Westlos420 wrote:Even 4X would be nice because they are slim tees and they fit a little smaller than the size

Agreed. It’s a 50/50 shot on the 3x fitting. Some do, some don’t. And they tend to shrink after a wash.

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:Revisiting this thread, so it doesn’t die lol.
I’ll be at headquarters soon, and I’m really hoping there’s bigger size shirts to buy. *fingers crossed *

Stopped by a couple weeks ago for the Funkast 100 meet up. HQ definitely has several of their HQ shirts at 3xl. I was able to pick up one.

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:20 pm

daOCHO wrote:

Stopped by a couple weeks ago for the Funkast 100 meet up. HQ definitely has several of their HQ shirts at 3xl. I was able to pick up one.

Nice, Thanks for the heads up. I’m hoping the ECCC crowd doesn’t buy them all, and some are left the day I go. But that’s promising to hear

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:29 pm

KryptonianRed wrote:
daOCHO wrote:

Nice, Thanks for the heads up. I’m hoping the ECCC crowd doesn’t buy them all, and some are left the day I go. But that’s promising to hear

Also I took my chances on some preorders that popped up for GS on 3xl/pop tee combos. Hopefully these reservations are true.

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 pm

As a large woman I agree! The women’s 2XL is like a toddlers large. I would like to see bigger sizes in those as well. I will be checking it out during ECCC! Can’t wait!
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

Bdubzbots

Postby Bdubzbots » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 am

i just want kool shirts that fit around my fat guts! i grabbed a few 2xl at funko Hq when i was there simply cause 3xl wasnt a choice, but the best place i found for bigger size pop tees was thinkgeek! every 1 i went into had at least 1 of the shirts i wanted in a 3 or 4xl.

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 am

I was at the HQ Sunday and found one 3xl shirt I liked. The rest were either too small, or a fandom I didn’t want. They had the jackets in 3x, but I passed since I live in AZ, and rarely need one.

Return to “Other Funko Products”