No love for Naruto?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Re: No love for Naruto?

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
Kenjutsu763 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA.

I completely agree with you on this front.

I had a friend post that "My Hero Academia saved anime". Unfortunately this means that I'm reading it with extremely high expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying MHA, but it is extremely reminiscent to the beginning of Naruto for me. Back when it was a bit more grounded and not just giant energy blasts.

Yeah, the early episodes of Naruto is similar to how MHA is now with a little more depth. Living alone as a child, no parents but with great support, and diligent work ethic. Naruto created a world on its own.

I think because of it's depth, I relate with Naruto alot more and they have so much material to go nuts with the line. Dare I say, more so than DBZ.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:30 pm

I feel like the creator of MHA doesn't really know where he wants to go with his story and I remember reading somewhere that he prefers to show the experience of being a teenager more than the hero side.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:25 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
Kenjutsu763 wrote:
I completely agree with you on this front.

I had a friend post that "My Hero Academia saved anime". Unfortunately this means that I'm reading it with extremely high expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying MHA, but it is extremely reminiscent to the beginning of Naruto for me. Back when it was a bit more grounded and not just giant energy blasts.

Yeah, the early episodes of Naruto is similar to how MHA is now with a little more depth. Living alone as a child, no parents but with great support, and diligent work ethic. Naruto created a world on its own.

I think because of it's depth, I relate with Naruto alot more and they have so much material to go nuts with the line. Dare I say, more so than DBZ.

I defiantly agree with you. It's cool though. I just wish Funko would do more.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

CyberSoySauce

Postby CyberSoySauce » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes! I think about their lack of love for Naruto from time to time and the only thing I can think of it that maybe the hype for it has died down? Of course this is a personal opinion, because I haven't even watched it after Shippuden ended, but it would be awesome if the entire Akatsuki line were to be produced and their hologram could be exclusives or chases!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:

I defiantly agree with you. It's cool though. I just wish Funko would do more.

Sadly I think the craze has sort of died down after the entire manga and anime ended. I know I don't get excited the way I used to on a weekly basis for Boruto.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

Even though there is super hype around MHA and Dragonball Z this is only the second wave of MHA and Naruto has 2 waves that have been dropped as well. Dragonball Z is in a class of classic anime all by itself that is separate from Naruto. It is like the backbone of anime for those who grew up watching only a select few that were actually decent on Toonami or Cartoon Network at Midnight in the 90's.

I think you just need to play the patience card on this one. Bleach was a good Anime and it only has 2 characters and is finally getting another 2 after waiting 2 years for a new release.

I am excited that they are doing Full Metal Alchemists.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Schl0 wrote:Anyone who knows me understands my love for Naruto. Especially the pops. I really hope this line doesn’t die before I get a Rock Lee pop. The possibilities are endless. I hope this break from the series has been due to some awesome design work for the next wave! One can dream, right!?

I don't think this line will die and I think a Rock Lee and Might Guy would be an awesome 2 pack to come out together.

I would also like to see more villains as well. Madara, Itachi, Sasori, Hidan, Pain
Hulk Smash!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:07 am

BlackCloud79 wrote:I personally want all of the Toads, possibly either with Jiraya or Naruto in Sage mode. But at least 1 each of the giant toads as a 6 or 10 inch.

I would love to see a Giant Toad and also I have been asking for the other 8 Tailed Beast to be made as well.
Hulk Smash!

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:57 am

Just picked up a Naruto Dorbz chase today but still agreed it amazes me that there’s such a lack of Naruto pops.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:16 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I guess I'm just wondering. Why isn't there more Naruto pops? I mean it's a very long and popular show. One can argue that It has way better story than Dragon ball and first than MHA. With all the Dragon Ball and MHA (my hero academia) love, I'm just wondering why isn't there more Naruto pops? There so much potential out there with a huge variety of characters to choose from. Akatsuki, the legendary sanins, the hokages, and even all the beasts. Wow, I just keep going on and on. Come on Funko can you give me more Naruto pops? Please....

Even though there is super hype around MHA and Dragonball Z this is only the second wave of MHA and Naruto has 2 waves that have been dropped as well. Dragonball Z is in a class of classic anime all by itself that is separate from Naruto. It is like the backbone of anime for those who grew up watching only a select few that were actually decent on Toonami or Cartoon Network at Midnight in the 90's.

I think you just need to play the patience card on this one. Bleach was a good Anime and it only has 2 characters and is finally getting another 2 after waiting 2 years for a new release.

True, I feel that with anime Funko tend to go slow and really take the time to make it. I'm also excited for FMA just give me the brothers and I'm all set lol.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Khearts93

Postby Khearts93 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Funko could do many more Naruto pops like the members of the Akatsuki, and the Hokages!

KoukiS14

Postby KoukiS14 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 am

I agree there should definitely be additional Naruto Pops but, just like everyone else has mentioned, when it comes to anime, Funko is going after the latest cash cow. I’m pretty there will be an additional wave for Naruto but more for nostalgia.

There was definitely potential for the additional characters to become Pops.

Now only time will tell.
Longtime Funko Funatic

Funko HS Class of 2018 Graduate - Team Goonies “Best Dressed”

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 am

We love Naruto and are waiting for more Naruto Pops! Hopefully it is sooner than later!

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:53 am

Hqsdfan619 wrote:We love Naruto and are waiting for more Naruto Pops! Hopefully it is sooner than later!

Definitely have more than enough characters to make, I would love a Jiraiya pop!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:49 pm

They haven’t even really began to truly explore this property. Come on Funko, let’s get some more Naruto Pops! made!! lol

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

True, I feel that with anime Funko tend to go slow and really take the time to make it. I'm also excited for FMA just give me the brothers and I'm all set lol.

I am so excited for the FMA line. I have asked and requested Funko to make this Anime for at least 2 years. I am just glad to see that it is happening.
Hulk Smash!

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
BlackCloud79 wrote:I personally want all of the Toads, possibly either with Jiraya or Naruto in Sage mode. But at least 1 each of the giant toads as a 6 or 10 inch.

I would love to see a Giant Toad and also I have been asking for the other 8 Tailed Beast to be made as well.

I've been asking for Jiraiya on Giant Toad, Tsunade with Slug and Orichamruo with Snake...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Gottums wrote:I do wanna see more Naruto Pops but at least Funko is showing Naruto some love because they didn’t for Bleach with only Ichigo and Rukia with GameStop Exclusive Hollow Ichigo.

I believe I saw Renji and someone else is coming soon.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:45 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

I've been asking for Jiraiya on Giant Toad, Tsunade with Slug and Orichamruo with Snake...

That would be awesome I they made these into giant 6 inch 2pk Pops like they did with The MCC Classic Grey Hulk and Bruce Banner.
Hulk Smash!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:46 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Gottums wrote:I do wanna see more Naruto Pops but at least Funko is showing Naruto some love because they didn’t for Bleach with only Ichigo and Rukia with GameStop Exclusive Hollow Ichigo.

Renji and Grimmjow are coming out this year for the Bleach line.
Hulk Smash!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 pm

hailmary25 wrote:

I heard that Renji goint to have a common and one of his Chase. The Chase will be him with his Bankai and his sword as the giant snake.
Hulk Smash!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:03 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I heard that Renji goint to have a common and one of his Chase. The Chase will be him with his Bankai and his sword as the giant snake.

That sounds like an awesome chase!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I totally hope they make the common one and the chase. I would so be on the hunt for this chase.
Hulk Smash!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

I totally hope they make the common one and the chase. I would so be on the hunt for this chase.

You and me both

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:40 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

You and me both

There's no way they can make his Giant Snake Bankai the chase, its simply too big. If anything his Chase would be a slightly extended sword or the gear he wears while in Bankai.

Suntower11

Postby Suntower11 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am

It's very obvious that Naruto is loved in this community. I was watching the Funko Twitter live and I along with several other people were asking when they will release more Naruto pops. I know they can't really say anything about it anyways but I'm sure they saw everyone asking. Same with the Twitter Q/A.

ME
:mir1:
New Naruto Pops.
Sarah the Tangled collector!
ISO any Tangled Prototypes!
Follow Me on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/ssuntower11/

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:13 pm

It will eventually come but I think Boruto needs to blow up to push Funko to move quicker.

They had no DB stuff for a while until the new season of DBS and now it's coming at us non-stop.

I don't know how well the initial line of Naruto sold though - that may be a contributing factor.
Bobby

Image Image Image

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

You and me both

I guess I was partially correct, the common is his normal sword and the Gamestop exclusive is the Bankai Sword Snake which by the way is amazeballs!
Hulk Smash!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

You and me both

I guess I was partially correct, the common is his normal sword and the Gamestop exclusive is the Bankai Sword Snake which by the way is amazeballs!

Easier to get although I admit I canceled my preorder I am just not a fan of GS right now after the crap they pulled with the HP advent calendar. long story short never called me on my preorder and decided who cares lets sell it to someone else.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:30 pm

KoukiS14 wrote:I agree there should definitely be additional Naruto Pops but, just like everyone else has mentioned, when it comes to anime, Funko is going after the latest cash cow. I’m pretty there will be an additional wave for Naruto but more for nostalgia.

There was definitely potential for the additional characters to become Pops.

Now only time will tell.

I agree. Funko finally realizes that BD sells and they keep releasing new pops. It's really getting saturated. I appreciate the pops as it's my main line but hope they spread it out a bit in the future.
Bobby

Image Image Image

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:17 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
You and me both

Easier to get although I admit I canceled my preorder I am just not a fan of GS right now after the crap they pulled with the HP advent calendar. long story short never called me on my preorder and decided who cares lets sell it to someone else.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with Gamestop. I too have had that issue where a pre order I purchased got mailed to my local store and they sold my item to the general public before I was able to come into the store to pick up. I think if this seems to be a common trend with store locations that Gamestop should just make it mandatory that pre orders get mailed to the customers home directly instead of leaving it up to the store employee if they are going to hold my item or if they put it on the shelf for sale to the public.

I did pre order the Renji and I am hoping that I do not have the issue that we have been speaking about. I hope your future dealings with pre orders go better.
Hulk Smash!

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:10 am

Def rock lee and the sabin! The summer movie outfits were cool too

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:29 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with Gamestop. I too have had that issue where a pre order I purchased got mailed to my local store and they sold my item to the general public before I was able to come into the store to pick up. I think if this seems to be a common trend with store locations that Gamestop should just make it mandatory that pre orders get mailed to the customers home directly instead of leaving it up to the store employee if they are going to hold my item or if they put it on the shelf for sale to the public.

I did pre order the Renji and I am hoping that I do not have the issue that we have been speaking about. I hope your future dealings with pre orders go better.

I just preordered online and was able to get free ship to home so I am good to go.

Suntower11

Postby Suntower11 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 am

Hot topic is getting Flocked Kurama sometime in December.
I'm not that excited for it but I need it...
Sarah the Tangled collector!
ISO any Tangled Prototypes!
Follow Me on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/ssuntower11/

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Suntower11 wrote:Hot topic is getting Flocked Kurama sometime in December.
I'm not that excited for it but I need it...

Why did it take Funko almost 3 years to make this variant? lol
Checkmate.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 pm

maybe licensing issues?

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 am

Haha we already have two Kuramas, need Jiraya and Rock Lee now!

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:11 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Easier to get although I admit I canceled my preorder I am just not a fan of GS right now after the crap they pulled with the HP advent calendar. long story short never called me on my preorder and decided who cares lets sell it to someone else.

I just preordered online and was able to get free ship to home so I am good to go.

I didn't pre order the Super Saiyan Gooku 3 and Super Sayian 2 Gohan from Gamestop and I cannot seem to locate them anywhere at local stores. It seems that more these days if you don't pre order a Gamestop exclusive itis almost impossible to find them. The stores used to carry at least 4-10 exclusives at the first release but they do not do this anymore which I find weird.

Does anyone notice or have this issue with Gamestop and their Exclusives ?
Hulk Smash!

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Hauckbuster007 wrote:I didn't pre order the Super Saiyan Gooku 3 and Super Sayian 2 Gohan from Gamestop and I cannot seem to locate them anywhere at local stores. It seems that more these days if you don't pre order a Gamestop exclusive itis almost impossible to find them. The stores used to carry at least 4-10 exclusives at the first release but they do not do this anymore which I find weird.

Technically SS3 Goku and SS2 Gohan don't release until the 5th. The only recent DB pop Gamestop has released was young Goku. The only people I know with SS3 Goku already ordered him with young Goku and I guess got both when they picked up young Goku?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

I didn't pre order the Super Saiyan Gooku 3 and Super Sayian 2 Gohan from Gamestop and I cannot seem to locate them anywhere at local stores. It seems that more these days if you don't pre order a Gamestop exclusive itis almost impossible to find them. The stores used to carry at least 4-10 exclusives at the first release but they do not do this anymore which I find weird.

I noticed this with my stores, I haven't seen the flocked Hedwig anywhere.

Return to “Pop!”