Star Trek: Discovery Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
tuvok47

Star Trek: Discovery Pops?

Postby tuvok47 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:19 pm

I'd love to see a set or two of these. Michael Burnham in uniform, EV suit, chase prisoner garb. Mirror Universe characters. Saru with threat ganglia as a store exclusive. Clear glitter beaming exclusives like Funko did with the Gamestop Spock back in the day.

We need more Trek stuff!

katersatz

Re: Star Trek: Discovery Pops?

Postby katersatz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Definitely! I thought about that as I watched the first season...even if I don't have room in my collection. I mean, well...maybe just a few... 8-[

But I think they will...at some point.

(Lt. Stamets "Spore Drive" exclusive?)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 pm

No.. I need Voyager Pops. I'd buy the whole series

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Voyager, Discovery, Deep Space Nine. I'll buy them all!

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Oh man I would love to collect thes.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:53 am

Would love to see these. Definitely a buyer. Was so happy to meet the cast when they brought out donuts to us in line at SDCC. Wonderful people.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:03 am

I would be shocked if we don't eventually see these, but my most wanted Pop from the line would be Mirror Universe Tilly. I <3 her.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:04 am

runtodere wrote:Voyager, Discovery, Deep Space Nine. I'll buy them all!
Same here, along with more ST:TNG.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 am

I'd probably pass on Discovery, like I did the recent movie versions.

What I do need however is another full wave of TNG characters. I'd probably get some of the Voyager and DS9 characters too if they ever got made. Not sure about Enterprise, I'd have to see them first.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am

Jezter wrote:I'd probably pass on Discovery, like I did the recent movie versions.

What I do need however is another full wave of TNG characters. I'd probably get some of the Voyager and DS9 characters too if they ever got made. Not sure about Enterprise, I'd have to see them first.

I know I am in the minority but I actually really like Enterprise. If they did the full Star Trek universe I would need an extra room

Marquetry

Postby Marquetry » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:12 pm

runtodere wrote:
Jezter wrote:I'd probably pass on Discovery, like I did the recent movie versions.

I know I am in the minority but I actually really like Enterprise. If they did the full Star Trek universe I would need an extra room

You're not alone- Enterprise and Voyager are my favorite of the original Trek series! I'm also really enjoying Discovery. But I'll take any Trek pops made! :)

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Marquetry wrote:
runtodere wrote:

You're not alone- Enterprise and Voyager are my favorite of the original Trek series! I'm also really enjoying Discovery. But I'll take any Trek pops made! :)

I feel much better that I'm not alone! lol

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:21 am

runtodere wrote:
Marquetry wrote:
runtodere wrote:I know I am in the minority but I actually really like Enterprise. If they did the full Star Trek universe I would need an extra room

Enterprise wasn't bad, but you have to ignore that it was a prequel and they did some weird things instead of using the massive amount of first contacts they could have done.

Discovery is enjoyable, I hate the Klingons, their look and the way they talk, but otherwise the show isn't bad, I wish they had done a future show instead of a prequel but not the end of the world.

Hopefully the upcoming show with Picard will be good!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:22 am

I am really limiting the lines I collect now so I’d pass on these, even though I enjoyed the first season. I do hope that those that want these pops will eventually get them.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Jezter wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Marquetry wrote:

Enterprise wasn't bad, but you have to ignore that it was a prequel and they did some weird things instead of using the massive amount of first contacts they could have done.

Discovery is enjoyable, I hate the Klingons, their look and the way they talk, but otherwise the show isn't bad, I wish they had done a future show instead of a prequel but not the end of the world.

Hopefully the upcoming show with Picard will be good!

Yeah looking forward to that new Picard show! I do have an issue with the Klingons's speaking also - hard to listen to and I have to read too much lol It's gotten progressively worse over time which hurts

tuvok47

Postby tuvok47 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:02 pm

I feel like we need to complete the TOS cast. We only have Kirk, Spock and Scotty. Let's see the other 4 released as Funko Shop exclusives or Specialty Series. Could even do translucent glitter "beaming" versions. I wouldn't turn down the TOS crew in their maroon movie uniforms. Or a Khaaaaaan?!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:53 pm

agree the Star Trek cast for not complete for either show
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 am

I am shocked these aren't out yet. I wouldn't buy them all, but I would get Saru and Tilly for sure (and Mirror Tilly is a must).
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

N POP

Postby N POP » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:15 am

scullysdad wrote:I am shocked these aren't out yet. I wouldn't buy them all, but I would get Saru and Tilly for sure (and Mirror Tilly is a must).

So much potential for star trek pops! I’m surprised by how few they’ve made. There are so many characters they could pop! It would be interesting to know about how Funko chooses what to pop and what to not for a given license.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm

scullysdad wrote:I am shocked these aren't out yet. I wouldn't buy them all, but I would get Saru and Tilly for sure (and Mirror Tilly is a must).

Ooh man - Tilly? Definitely would get one

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

N POP wrote:

So much potential for star trek pops! I’m surprised by how few they’ve made. There are so many characters they could pop! It would be interesting to know about how Funko chooses what to pop and what to not for a given license.

Crazy -went to NYCC and picked up a Deanna Troi proto. I'm so psyched.

tuvok47

Postby tuvok47 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 pm

runtodere wrote:
N POP wrote:

That's awesome! I met Marina Sirtis at a local toy con last month and had her sign my Troi Pop. She was super nice.

I understand that some Trek releases might seem too random to do well right now (DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) but there are SO many iconic characters from TOS and the movies that could be explored. Obviously Discovery would be a *sick* set (what I wouldn't do for a Mirror Georgiou!) and with the new Picard series and other content in the works this seems like a prime time for Funko to revisit Trek.

N POP

Postby N POP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 am

tuvok47 wrote:I understand that some Trek releases might seem too random to do well right now (DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) but there are SO many iconic characters from TOS and the movies that could be explored. Obviously Discovery would be a *sick* set (what I wouldn't do for a Mirror Georgiou!) and with the new Picard series and other content in the works this seems like a prime time for Funko to revisit Trek.

Hands down Mirror Georgiou would be the one must have from Discovery for me.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 am

I don't want Discovery. I want more ST:TNG and Voyager.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:49 am

I think I'd end up not buying them, just like the TNG and TOS sets. I only ended up with Jaylah, Orion Slave Girl and the Andorian. I guess I'm only a fan of the aliens who don't have normal human skin colors heh. Like I might end up buying a Saru or the partially synthetic bridge officer, though I'd guess she's unlikely to get a Pop anyway. Too many other strong characters.

Now if there's a Captain Sisko in the works, shut up and take my money!
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 pm

tuvok47 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
N POP wrote:

That's awesome! I met Marina Sirtis at a local toy con last month and had her sign my Troi Pop. She was super nice.

I understand that some Trek releases might seem too random to do well right now (DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) but there are SO many iconic characters from TOS and the movies that could be explored. Obviously Discovery would be a *sick* set (what I wouldn't do for a Mirror Georgiou!) and with the new Picard series and other content in the works this seems like a prime time for Funko to revisit Trek.

I would buy all the Star Trek. that would be my only complete set I think. Mirror Georgiou - oh man. I'd also like Mirror T'Pal from Enterprise

RogerDuckDodgers

Postby RogerDuckDodgers » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 pm

More Star Trek pops are a good thing!!

evanbeans100

Postby evanbeans100 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:29 pm

RogerDuckDodgers wrote:More Star Trek pops are a good thing!!

Heck yeah!

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 pm

They can even make ridez.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Batz31 wrote:They can even make ridez.

Hello U.S.S. Discovery! \:D/
:freddy1:

Return to “Pop!”