The next Disney Treasures box @ Hot Topic (late November) - Lilo & Stitch

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
GuruGuy128

Re: The next Disney Treasures box @ Hot Topic (September?)

Postby GuruGuy128 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:04 pm

They might be going back to the bimonthly model, if i'm interpreting that "note" from earlier right, "another month or so after the previous Disney Treasures."
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

Mysta_Rabbit

Re: September Disney Treasures box (Hot Topic)

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:19 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:Okay, went back and watched the part, when she's answering the question about the tin she says, "The Next coming one there will be a tin inside of it" then she says, "then the one after that one, we got crazy not crazy bad but crazy unique." Then Nerdette referring to the next one says that its has a smell, a nice smell.

I rewatched it and you're right. Unfortunately it isn't unusual for them to have connection issues during Periscope, so it probably cut out temporarily which made me misinterpret this. I wish they would just come out and address exactly how this box is being handled so that we wouldn't be confused about this.

Transparency and clarification, indubitably. They shouldn't even be allowed to call these DT boxes anymore. It's not a subscription, and the DT exclusive sticker is gone. The Pops from the MCC boxes (plural bc there was a leaked image for the next box) still say Collector Corps on the sticker, and...hello...it's a subscription; as is/will be the SB box, also from Amazon. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pops that came in these, but these are just Hot Topic exclusive boxes with too much filler garbage and the normal hefty price tag for their exclusives. The hot cash mishap from the Under the Sea box was fortunate; as was my having $10 in rewards when the Villains box dropped too.

I think overall the sub boxes were just so fantastic that they left big shoes to fill, and my expectations are now too high.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:Okay, went back and watched the part, when she's answering the question about the tin she says, "The Next coming one there will be a tin inside of it" then she says, "then the one after that one, we got crazy not crazy bad but crazy unique." Then Nerdette referring to the next one says that its has a smell, a nice smell.

I rewatched it and you're right. Unfortunately it isn't unusual for them to have connection issues during Periscope, so it probably cut out temporarily which made me misinterpret this. I wish they would just come out and address exactly how this box is being handled so that we wouldn't be confused about this.

Transparency and clarification, indubitably. They shouldn't even be allowed to call these DT boxes anymore. It's not a subscription, and the DT exclusive sticker is gone. The Pops from the MCC boxes (plural bc there was a leaked image for the next box) still say Collector Corps on the sticker, and...hello...it's a subscription; as is/will be the SB box, also from Amazon. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pops that came in these, but these are just Hot Topic exclusive boxes with too much filler garbage and the normal hefty price tag for their exclusives. The hot cash mishap from the Under the Sea box was fortunate; as was my having $10 in rewards when the Villains box dropped too.

I think overall the sub boxes were just so fantastic that they left big shoes to fill, and my expectations are now too high.

It is nice that we don't have to pay shipping (if you are fortunate enough to have a store nearby for pickup). But I agree, I didn't pick up the Villains box yet (maybe I won't?) because I wasn't wowed by anything except the mini. And with other people who don't collect minis, it might be easier for me to just buy someone's extra on ebay since the Captain and Croc were cute but not 100% necessary for me.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:31 pm

The Amazon ones are fine, easy to control, I don't have to worry about it that much, and No shipping charge.
Hot Topic is okay, just a little random and unclear at times.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:48 am

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:

I agree that this doesn't feel like a subscription box anymore. It also shouldn't be called disney treasures as there s nothing indicating it is Disney treasures. I like how Amazon has taken over and seemingly maintained the old style. Not sure why Hot Topic has really done a big change to it.
Collecting since 2014

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:21 am

I'd like more Lilo & Stitch, but I want more than just a bunch of random Stitch variants... We got Angel, there's 625 more cousins they can choose from, as well as two TV spinoffs (which we sadly don't even get in the US which is dumb.. maybe with the Disney streaming service?) lol I'd need to know what's in the box before I drop that much on them though, do they always have photos of the contents on ht.com?

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Since the box has a Tropical theme and a scented item, I again I would like to pitch the idea Funko Fresheners a scented car ornament Funkofied

ethaneee22

Postby ethaneee22 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:09 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:Since the box has a Tropical theme and a scented item, I again I would like to pitch the idea Funko Fresheners a scented car ornament Funkofied

They have actually done air fresheners before

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:20 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:I rewatched it and you're right. Unfortunately it isn't unusual for them to have connection issues during Periscope, so it probably cut out temporarily which made me misinterpret this. I wish they would just come out and address exactly how this box is being handled so that we wouldn't be confused about this.

I agree that this doesn't feel like a subscription box anymore. It also shouldn't be called disney treasures as there s nothing indicating it is Disney treasures. I like how Amazon has taken over and seemingly maintained the old style. Not sure why Hot Topic has really done a big change to it.

I think all these statements are true. I think Funko made the Disney Treasures boxes too good that expectations were just too high when the subscriptions moved if they didn't stay the same or be better people would be disappointed. However, I don't see how they could stay the same or be better from a financial standpoint since another party is involved and now needs a cut of the profits.
However, Amazon seems to have done better in keeping the box more in line with what it was before than Hot Topic has. HT is really churning out the exclusives of all kinds, pops and the DT boxes. I hope with them doing that quality doesn't suffer and these boxes just become a bunch of random stuff so they can have a box come out each month.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Here's what I found out from HT Nerdette. This month’s box theme is horror and has a chase. The next Disney Box will release late October or early November. An item from it will have a tropical scent. The Disney box will be 4 times a year in the future.
I wish it was every month or was at least six times a year like it used to be.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:19 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:Here's what I found out from HT Nerdette. This month’s box theme is horror and has a chase. The next Disney Box will release late October or early November. An item from it will have a tropical scent. The Disney box will be 4 times a year in the future.

So this one coming in September is just a small unrelated Disney box.
Last edited by GuruGuy128 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:21 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:Here's what I found out from HT Nerdette. This month’s box theme is horror and has a chase. The next Disney Box will release late October or early November. An item from it will have a tropical scent. The Disney box will be 4 times a year in the future.

So this one coming in September is just a small unrelated Disney box.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 pm

So, does it really cost that much to manufacture that they are cutting back so much or do they just not want to do it very often? I don't really like how Hot Topic has taken over Disney Treasures. It needs to go to Amazon. Haha.
Melissa

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pm

lunarembrace wrote:

So, does it really cost that much to manufacture that they are cutting back so much or do they just not want to do it very often? I don't really like how Hot Topic has taken over Disney Treasures. It needs to go to Amazon. Haha.

I'm not sure who exactly decided on four, but HT Nerdette wants to do them more often than that and will be talking to Funko about it soon.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

GuruGuy128

Re: The next Disney Treasures box @ Hot Topic (late October/early November)

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:13 pm

This box has been good so far, i agree it could be more consistent with the term. I don't care if it's not a sub anymore, I just want a clear schedule.

mactds

Postby mactds » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Wonder if they will all be movie moments going forward.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:38 pm

I like how everyone doesn't comment on this month's box theme being horror and more importantly, having a chase. lol
My Name is Ernie

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Kaljor wrote:I like how everyone doesn't comment on this month's box theme being horror and more importantly, having a chase. lol

This isn't the Disney Treasures box though

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 am

That’s a bummer it’s only going to be 4 times a year. I liked every other month.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:52 pm

lunarembrace wrote:

It looks like they are going to have MULTIPLE Funko mystery boxes at HT, not just Disney treasures, which may be one reason why things have been so messy with their initial release. Hopefully as things get settled it will get better.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:45 am

dexiesmom wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

It looks like they are going to have MULTIPLE Funko mystery boxes at HT, not just Disney treasures, which may be one reason why things have been so messy with their initial release. Hopefully as things get settled it will get better.

We can only hope that it gets better over time.
Collecting since 2014

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:55 am

Kaljor wrote:I like how everyone doesn't comment on this month's box theme being horror and more importantly, having a chase. lol

I'm too busy trying to decide if I buy a few boxes to try and get the chase. No time for comments, except this one ;)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 am

nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:

We can only hope that it gets better over time.

I hope so. A more consistent release schedule would be great.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 am

HT has just changed their online order policy

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:HT has just changed their online order policy

With them having an additional mystery box (Horror) I can see them making this change. Especially since 45 days to hold something, when they storage area is so small in a mall space is limited anyways, makes sense.

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:57 am

Hmm this message seems to say there's only going to be 4 Disney Boxes a year, maybe it's quarterly?

I guess Hot Topic likes they got Treasures but it's clear that's not the only box they want to do, as evidenced by the Horror Box.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:Hmm this message seems to say there's only going to be 4 Disney Boxes a year, maybe it's quarterly?

I guess Hot Topic likes they got Treasures but it's clear that's not the only box they want to do, as evidenced by the Horror Box.

That's my post. I already posted that info earlier in this thread. HT Nerdette is working on getting more boxes made per year, but currently that is the agreement.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:Hmm this message seems to say there's only going to be 4 Disney Boxes a year, maybe it's quarterly?

A little disappointed that it is going to be quarterly rather than bimonthly like before. However, maybe they will be able to listen to fan feedback during that time to improve the boxes since we will have less of them.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:48 am

I wonder what it could be... what are your thoughts :freddy1:

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Always cool to see a new theme, hope next one is soon, sucks to wait till november for more info

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:36 am

dexiesmom wrote:

A little disappointed that it is going to be quarterly rather than bimonthly like before. However, maybe they will be able to listen to fan feedback during that time to improve the boxes since we will have less of them.

They are dropping the ball on the Disney box. Poor step child box.. :eek: :( :(
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:52 am

Shalee04 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

They are dropping the ball on the Disney box. Poor step child box.. :eek: :( :(

Which is too bad!! It was such an amazing box when Funko had all the decision making power over it!! It had some of the best stuff out of all of the boxes IMO.

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:15 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:The next Disney box will release late October or early November. An item from it will have a tropical scent. The Disney box will be 4 times a year in the future.

Wonder what’s the theme? Tropical scent doesn’t help me figure it out lol. More clues funko!! Lol
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Not too disappointed by the quarterly news, hoping this means better quality than what we have seen from HT so far
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:37 pm

No news on the Disney Treasures from the Periscope this week

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: The next Disney Treasures box @ Hot Topic (late November)

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm

The box's release date was pushed back and will now release at the end of November. It will only have one movie in the box unlike past releases.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:The box's release date was pushed back and will now release at the end of November. It will only have one movie in the box unlike past releases.

Meeeeeeh :-( I have $20 in rewards that expire mid month.

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:25 pm

End of November? Possibly a Wreck it Ralph themed one Im assuming
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Here's the full recap from Periscope

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 pm

I also have a pretty good idea what the box is going to be themed to with the hints of pineapples and "Aloha"

Return to “Powered by Funko”