Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Kickinittt

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Kickinittt » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:58 pm

thejanellybean wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
thejanellybean wrote:

I was supposed to be at table 20 but they somehow mixed our group up when they handed out the table badges. Even though we all lined up together. She wouldn’t let us trade either so our friend group could sit together. I guess I know why now ...

dang, I would be so salty if that happened to me :mad:

I just sat and stared when they announced it lol

It probably didn’t help that when I got mine, I stood on the chair so you guys could see me and kept pointing to the Hopper :X I wish our table wouldn’t have been separated and you guys would have been there with me!
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:01 pm

How i wish i was in table 20...
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 am

drehill wrote:The giveaways shouldn't get numbered in sequence, and Pops that are never offered for sale shouldn't' be considered part of the true line IMO.

i agree, and its up to every individual to decide what goes or doesnt go in their collection. people shouldn't feel forced to feel like they NEED gold hopper to complete their set, however some people definitely will. oh well!

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:49 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
drehill wrote:The giveaways shouldn't get numbered in sequence, and Pops that are never offered for sale shouldn't' be considered part of the true line IMO.

i agree, and its up to every individual to decide what goes or doesnt go in their collection. people shouldn't feel forced to feel like they NEED gold hopper to complete their set, however some people definitely will. oh well!

I feel like my collection won’t be complete until I get one. I know people who don’t care about getting variants and saying that they have a complete set. But for me personally, I need all th variants to say my set is complete
Zach or Fisch

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:20 pm

fischmioli wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:

I feel like my collection won’t be complete until I get one. I know people who don’t care about getting variants and saying that they have a complete set. But for me personally, I need all th variants to say my set is complete

I think the only way to get one at this point would be to either give your first born or hand over $3000 on ebay. I think you might be looking at not having a complete set. Sorry dude.

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:28 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
fischmioli wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:

I think the only way to get one at this point would be to either give your first born or hand over $3000 on ebay. I think you might be looking at not having a complete set. Sorry dude.

There’s always the custom route!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:44 pm

I've just resigned myself to the fact that I can't complete everything, its better for my health and wallet this way :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:14 pm

I received a gold Hopper in a mystery box. How do I know if it is one of the 40 or not. I personally am not a collector so I am looking to sell it, but if it is fake I dont want to sell it for the wrong price.

It has the 40 le sticker and the box is real, but I noticed that there is no SN on the foot and wondering if that means it is fake or if they are all like that. I'm checked with the company that sent the box and they confirmed that it was from the expo.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:34 pm

There are a lot of customs out there and a real one can run up to $4000.00 so I don't know why they would include it in a mystery box but you never know!!!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 pm

But how do I tell if it is real or not? It looks real enough to me and the seller says it is.

drehill

Postby drehill » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 pm

MisterDEADMAN wrote:I received a gold Hopper in a mystery box. How do I know if it is one of the 40 or not.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say there’s no freaking way a legit gold Hopper ends up in a mystery box.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:44 pm

drehill wrote:
MisterDEADMAN wrote:I received a gold Hopper in a mystery box. How do I know if it is one of the 40 or not.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say there’s no freaking way a legit gold Hopper ends up in a mystery box.

I would have to agree!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 pm

MisterDEADMAN wrote:I received a gold Hopper in a mystery box. How do I know if it is one of the 40 or not. I personally am not a collector so I am looking to sell it, but if it is fake I dont want to sell it for the wrong price.

It has the 40 le sticker and the box is real, but I noticed that there is no SN on the foot and wondering if that means it is fake or if they are all like that. I'm checked with the company that sent the box and they confirmed that it was from the expo.

Yeah this is suspicious - where did the 'mystery box' come from?

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Flyers179 wrote:
MisterDEADMAN wrote:I received a gold Hopper in a mystery box. How do I know if it is one of the 40 or not. I personally am not a collector so I am looking to sell it, but if it is fake I dont want to sell it for the wrong price.

It is from a toy company.

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm

MisterDEADMAN wrote:
Flyers179 wrote:

Are you being vague for a reason or are you simply trolling this thread?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
drehill wrote:

I would have to agree!

I'm going to have to agree with you all as well. Something fishy with his/her story that does not add up! If you are not a collector why are you on the funatics board. Also if you are on here most of us all know about the 40 gold hoppers given to all 4 table 20's at Fundays. So we all know they are rare and worth alot. This does not add up!

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:53 am

Flyers179 wrote:
MisterDEADMAN wrote:
Flyers179 wrote:

Are you being vague for a reason or are you simply trolling this thread?

Sorry, not trolling. I was with a toddler at the time so my response was limited. It was a box off of Big Boys Toys. Since no one seems to know the difference between the two, I will just wait for a response from the company. I'm just not sure what to expect.

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:57 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
drehill wrote:

I would have to agree!

I'm going to have to agree with you all as well. Something fishy with his/her story that does not add up! If you are not a collector why are you on the funatics board. Also if you are on here most of us all know about the 40 gold hoppers given to all 4 table 20's at Fundays. So we all know they are rare and worth alot. This does not add up!

I am on here to determine if the original seller is telling me the truth, but no one on here seems to know anything. But I guess that is to be expected on such a limited item.

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am

thejanellybean wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
thejanellybean wrote:

I was supposed to be at table 20 but they somehow mixed our group up when they handed out the table badges. Even though we all lined up together. She wouldn’t let us trade either so our friend group could sit together. I guess I know why now ...

dang, I would be so salty if that happened to me :mad:

I just sat and stared when they announced it lol

Sat and stared....I would have cried lol.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 am

If this Toy store really put a gold Hopper in a mystery box then they would have promoted it hard that they were doing that. Did you see such promotion before buying?

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:01 am

KidMarvel wrote:I've just resigned myself to the fact that I can't complete everything, its better for my health and wallet this way :D

Get what you can and call it good. Thsts what I do! lol

Instagram: whatthefunk206

ditbu13oi

Postby ditbu13oi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 am

jyc123 wrote:Just spray paint a common Hopper lol

I've seen this done with another gold figure. SMH. Beware!

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:03 am

There are so many customs of Gold Hopper running around that I feel no one should buy one without being able to trace its provenance to someone with a Table 20 badge or perhaps one of the BAC ones.

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:10 am

wolvie wrote:If this Toy store really put a gold Hopper in a mystery box then they would have promoted it hard that they were doing that. Did you see such promotion before buying?

I did not even know about the existance of a gold Hopper when I ordered the box. In fact I thought they screwed me until I looked it up online. I'll just wait until they respond. Just wanted to see if I could figure it out since they take like 3 days to respond.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:02 am

MisterDEADMAN wrote:
wolvie wrote:If this Toy store really put a gold Hopper in a mystery box then they would have promoted it hard that they were doing that. Did you see such promotion before buying?

I did not even know about the existance of a gold Hopper when I ordered the box. In fact I thought they screwed me until I looked it up online. I'll just wait until they respond. Just wanted to see if I could figure it out since they take like 3 days to respond.

It’s not that difficult to figure out. This item was selling for $2000 the day after they were given out. Unless you bought a $2000 mystery box, the idea that this was just stuck in a box as a surprise is both dubious and risible.

People in this thread were at Fundays and some own the actual figure. Just post a photo of what you have, or people will assume you are trolling.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:17 am

Saw this at fundays. Sucks when you collect stranger things. This will never be in the collection.

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:29 am

It’s probably a fake. They were only given out at Fundays to people at a table #20. Can you post a picture of it and the bottom of the box and sticker.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 am

Rice71 wrote:

It’s probably a fake. They were only given out at Fundays to people at a table #20. Can you post a picture of it and the bottom of the box and sticker.

I agree, it would be one crazy mystery box if it is real
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:12 am

Lovin the gold. But that is a small count.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Rice71 wrote:

The sticker would be a dead giveaway since it will be a replacement sticker and not the original. It is very difficult to match the sticker to the real hopper.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MisterDEADMAN

Postby MisterDEADMAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Ok, they just got back to me and confirmed it is one of 200 re-creations that they partnered with a custom pop shop to create. Still worth 100-300 as they used gold leaf paint though.

They were able to confirm that the SN should still be on the bottom of the foot for the real one. Thank you all for your comments and help.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 pm

this is the bottom of mine

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:57 pm

MisterDEADMAN wrote:Ok, they just got back to me and confirmed it is one of 200 re-creations that they partnered with a custom pop shop to create. Still worth 100-300 as they used gold leaf paint though.

They were able to confirm that the SN should still be on the bottom of the foot for the real one. Thank you all for your comments and help.

Well if it looks real, its a good pop to have. congrats!

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:05 pm

MisterDEADMAN wrote:Ok, they just got back to me and confirmed it is one of 200 re-creations that they partnered with a custom pop shop to create. Still worth 100-300 as they used gold leaf paint though.

Pretty tricky that they added a 40 LE sticker if it is a "custom".

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Gold leaf paint makes no sense, because it would produce a different effect from the Gold Hopper. Whether they used gold spray paint or gold leaf spray paint, you can find a can for $5-10, and it’s a relatively low effort custom job, so I don’t know where you are getting $100-300. I still get the feeling you are testing the waters to scam someone with a custom.

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Chase Variant wrote:

Gold leaf paint makes no sense, because it would produce a different effect from the Gold Hopper. Whether they used gold spray paint or gold leaf spray paint, you can find a can for $5-10, and it’s a relatively low effort custom job, so I don’t know where you are getting $100-300. I still get the feeling you are testing the waters to scam someone with a custom.

Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.
Zach or Fisch

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Can you post a picture of it and the bottom of the box. I just want to see it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:44 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
fischmioli wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:

A girl can dream :dontknow:
Zach or Fisch

Flyers179

Postby Flyers179 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:57 am

Lol @ 'still worth 100-200 because they used Gold Leaf paint' - jesus this sort of nonsense is what is going to help 'pop' the Funko collecting bubble. People are absolutely ridiculous.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:36 am

fischmioli wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.

Return to “Pop!”