Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Chase Variant » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm

bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
Gold leaf paint makes no sense, because it would produce a different effect from the Gold Hopper. Whether they used gold spray paint or gold leaf spray paint, you can find a can for $5-10, and it’s a relatively low effort custom job, so I don’t know where you are getting $100-300. I still get the feeling you are testing the waters to scam someone with a custom.

Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.

I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.

I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

That is why I didn’t want to post up mine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 am

Rice71 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.

Of course the person hasn’t posted back since the pic was uploaded.
Zach or Fisch

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:09 am

Chase Variant wrote:

They should shorten their domain name lol

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Just get a common hopper, mask it, spray paint it copper undercoat and a gold layer on top and for $25 you can have a 41 piece hopper exclusive. Not spend 2-$4,000 on something so ridiculous.

drehill

Postby drehill » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:52 pm

fischmioli wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

Of course the person hasn’t posted back since the pic was uploaded.

Oh snap we got played! Can’t wait to see this dude’s bootleg on eBay using that pic for authenticity.

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Man it hurt to be at table 23 and to be so close and not end up with him! I’m still mad jealous of all the people who got him/multiples lol.

Stranger Things will have to remain incomplete :(
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 pm

ImranC23 wrote:Man it hurt to be at table 23 and to be so close and not end up with him! I’m still mad jealous of all the people who got him/multiples lol.

I was at Table 19...Given there were 10 people per table, you had about 40 people closer to that table in your section closer than you.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:51 pm

The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.
Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

strezz_dout wrote:The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.

For now... I’ve seen some fake shadow troopers even copy date stamps. IMO the best way to show it’s real is actually opening the box to verify the stamp on the inside flap.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Gonzo206 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

They should shorten their domain name lol

For sure, it’s more effort to type the name then to fake the Pop.

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 pm

zaghawk wrote:
strezz_dout wrote:The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.

For now... I’ve seen some fake shadow troopers even copy date stamps. IMO the best way to show it’s real is actually opening the box to verify the stamp on the inside flap.

Good point! I'll have to remember that for verification purposes.
Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

If only I had a real one to get tricked with lol

But that makes sense too, he's hoping for more pics. I guess if anyone wants to post theirs, make sure to watermark it or something!

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 pm

I seen some youtubers on eBay making videos on how to make your own version lol people need to stop. He even got a fake sticker off eBay but is trying to act like he isn’t promoting that to his audience. Please guys don’t that to yourself and to top it off make a video of how you are ok with counterfeit product.
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:00 pm

jrocksphotos wrote:I seen some youtubers on eBay making videos on how to make your own version lol people need to stop. He even got a fake sticker off eBay but is trying to act like he isn’t promoting that to his audience. Please guys don’t that to yourself and to top it off make a video of how you are ok with counterfeit product.

The fake stickers are what get me. If you're going to make a custom for yourself or even to sell, you should be up front about it. I would not trust paying any money on ebay now, even if I was in the market to spend the thousands for a legit one. None of them can be trusted.

Ilurvfunko

Postby Ilurvfunko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:01 pm

I really wanted this piece. I think it look radd

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:

Can website names be that long? lol

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 pm

There are definitely a bunch of fakes/"customs" hitting ebay. Someone in our local Facebook group was trying to determine if one was legitimate that was starting bid $600, and we all said probably not :\
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 pm

zaghawk wrote:

The other way to verify is to have them show their table number lanyard.
ImageImage
ImageImage

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Rice71 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

The other way to verify is to have them show their table number lanyard.

Until you get the one guy with the lanyard selling off fakes.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 pm

kihou wrote:There are definitely a bunch of fakes/"customs" hitting ebay. Someone in our local Facebook group was trying to determine if one was legitimate that was starting bid $600, and we all said probably not :\

I saw that auction. This person was not selling the real one, in his descriptions it says 'custom'. Be careful if you plan to purchase any high price POP in the secondary market.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 am

zaghawk wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:Man it hurt to be at table 23 and to be so close and not end up with him! I’m still mad jealous of all the people who got him/multiples lol.

I was at Table 19...Given there were 10 people per table, you had about 40 people closer to that table in your section closer than you.

Yeah it just sucked, our group got split up so I fell back so we would all get to sit together. Still crazy to be so close! One day I’ll have that gold hopper!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:50 am

wsm10 wrote:I saw that somehow big apple collectibles got three of these and sold them for about $2k each. So ridiculous. I really wonder how they got any, let alone three.

Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 am

supertoygiant wrote:
wsm10 wrote:I saw that somehow big apple collectibles got three of these and sold them for about $2k each. So ridiculous. I really wonder how they got any, let alone three.

Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

RockdrigoDc

Postby RockdrigoDc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 am

=D> congrats! :wwe12:

ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:45 am

I seen a few fakes, scary!

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 pm

bakivali wrote:
jrocksphotos wrote:I seen some youtubers on eBay making videos on how to make your own version lol people need to stop. He even got a fake sticker off eBay but is trying to act like he isn’t promoting that to his audience. Please guys don’t that to yourself and to top it off make a video of how you are ok with counterfeit product.

The fake stickers are what get me. If you're going to make a custom for yourself or even to sell, you should be up front about it. I would not trust paying any money on ebay now, even if I was in the market to spend the thousands for a legit one. None of them can be trusted.

Completely agree, I’m down for a DIY or custom. But I personally would not feel comfortable selling or trading it without it saying “fake” or “Not authentic” on it somewhere.

I wouldn’t even put a sticker on it unless it says fake or NA on it somewhere.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.

Wow! yeah maybe they got them that way but I would be very nervous buying one.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Wow! yeah maybe they got them that way but I would be very nervous buying one.

I wouldn't be concerned at all. They get most of their Pops directly from Funko, they've had their own store exclusive, and I doubt they'd risk any of that by selling fakes.

Kickinittt

Postby Kickinittt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Same here! I had a guy run up before the event even ended offering $1000 cash or a whole stack of pops from SDCC for it. im happy to say I still have mine :) If I ever were to sell it, I would feel obligated to include the table 20 team gremlins lanyard to help establish its provenance. Until people start faking those, I feel it would be the only way to put a potential buyer at ease.
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Kickinittt wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Same here! I had a guy run up before the event even ended offering $1000 cash or a whole stack of pops from SDCC for it. im happy to say I still have mine :) If I ever were to sell it, I would feel obligated to include the table 20 team gremlins lanyard to help establish its provenance. Until people start faking those, I feel it would be the only way to put a potential buyer at ease.

I wouldn't sell it for a 1000! Probably 2000 but most definitely not a thousand.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:58 pm

I would never sell it if I got one at Fundays and I wouldn't buy one for going price as well...you never know what you are getting!

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:04 pm

I’m positive i’d never sell if I was lucky enough to get one. With an edition this small I sure hope we don’t see too many pop up on eBay. But money definitely talks.
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

jerry_finklestein

Postby jerry_finklestein » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 am

Congrats to all the lucky winners !

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:52 am

supertoygiant wrote:I would never sell it if I got one at Fundays and I wouldn't buy one for going price as well...you never know what you are getting!

yep ! too many fake/customs
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:35 am

Not a fan.

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Joshua1117 wrote:Not a fan.

lol
Zach or Fisch

weird888

Postby weird888 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:01 am

fischmioli wrote:
Joshua1117 wrote:Not a fan.

lol

Brief and to the point I guess? lol

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:34 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Kickinittt wrote:
Rice71 wrote:They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.

I wouldn't sell it for a 1000! Probably 2000 but most definitely not a thousand.

I'd sell it for $1,000 (or close to going rate at least). That's a lot of money for a toy that I'd have to worry about my toddler getting ahold of. Plus, I don't watch the show and if I stop to think "would I buy it for $1,000?" and the answer is no, then why would I keep it if I don't put that value on it myself? I could get ten $100 Pop!s that I actually like instead. Either way, I wouldn't fault anyone for keeping it and not selling it. I'm sure I have lots of items that people would choose to sell, but I personally put a greater value on myself.
Poppin'

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:55 pm

lcarus83 wrote:$2,000 for a gold spraypainted common?! Holy cow! Thats insane.

Some people just have too much money.

Return to “Pop!”