Infinity war minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Woodyisasexybeast

Infinity war minis

Postby Woodyisasexybeast » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 pm

So I was just curious if anyone here knows if the infinity war minis are still being produced? I can't seem to find them anywhere at this point and I'd really love to complete the set. I've never seen any at hot topic and I've only ever seen one Target exclusive box which contained iron man, unfortunately. Sorry if this is the wrong way or place to post this, I'm new here.

GetLostYouPsycho

Re: Infinity war minis

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know that there will be any restocks on these. Hot Topic and Target haven't gotten in any new cases in several months. Target actually clearanced theirs out a few months ago. I've seen the occasional case at FYE and Barnes and Noble, but those are of course just the common cases.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Target is clearancing out theirs Its done. If your store has a case in the back, itll be clearanced with no more to come.

Woodyisasexybeast

Postby Woodyisasexybeast » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am

Geescube wrote:Target is clearancing out theirs Its done. If your store has a case in the back, itll be clearanced with no more to come.

Darn it :(

Woodyisasexybeast

Postby Woodyisasexybeast » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:41 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:Unfortunately, I don't know that there will be any restocks on these. Hot Topic and Target haven't gotten in any new cases in several months. Target actually clearanced theirs out a few months ago. I've seen the occasional case at FYE and Barnes and Noble, but those are of course just the common cases.

Maybe I was just really late to the party but I feel like they didn't last very long.

Ilurvfunko

Postby Ilurvfunko » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 am

This minis sounds dope but I think I wasn’t collecting minis when they came out. But this a good to know post. Thanks

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:41 am

Woodyisasexybeast wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:Unfortunately, I don't know that there will be any restocks on these. Hot Topic and Target haven't gotten in any new cases in several months. Target actually clearanced theirs out a few months ago. I've seen the occasional case at FYE and Barnes and Noble, but those are of course just the common cases.

Maybe I was just really late to the party but I feel like they didn't last very long.

Nope, they didn't. Most Targets only got in one, maybe two cases. I don't think HT restocked very much, either. Wal-Mart also never restocked them. It's like they were a one-and-done wave.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:52 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Woodyisasexybeast wrote:

Nope, they didn't. Most Targets only got in one, maybe two cases. I don't think HT restocked very much, either. Wal-Mart also never restocked them. It's like they were a one-and-done wave.

The only good thing about this set is that, since the ratios were so unkind to us, you can at least get the base set pretty inexpensively on evilbay. The exclusives though...that's a whole other issue! Good luck trying to track them down though!
Image ImageImage Image

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Katers wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Woodyisasexybeast wrote:Maybe I was just really late to the party but I feel like they didn't last very long.

The only good thing about this set is that, since the ratios were so unkind to us, you can at least get the base set pretty inexpensively on evilbay. The exclusives though...that's a whole other issue! Good luck trying to track them down though!

yeah, the base set is still easy to obtain.

I was lucky with the exclusives, for the most part. I never got the wal-mart Iron Man, or HT Bucky, but I got all of the Target ones, and the other HT and WM ones.

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Only missing the HT Cap to complete the set! Started a bit late to the party but did a few trades here and there, now I just need one more lol It was pretty difficult to nearly complete tbh.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
Katers wrote:
GetLostYouPsycho wrote:

yeah, the base set is still easy to obtain.

I was lucky with the exclusives, for the most part. I never got the wal-mart Iron Man, or HT Bucky, but I got all of the Target ones, and the other HT and WM ones.

That is absolutely lucky - 7/9 is a great ratio! I never did find a Falcon or Black Widow in the wild, had to make trades for them. That whole series was tough! Good luck keeping a look out for the last ones you need!
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:52 am

There were very few restocks for the Infinity War line, Target only got one restock and they were done for good, at least in my area. After hot cash period, when the IW line was still a thing, IW minis disappeared from Hot Topics as well. I saw a bunch at FYE though, long after they stopped showing up at Target and Hot Topic. Kinda sucks though cause the only hard ones to find in the common IW cases were Doctor Strange and Hulkbuster. As for walmart you might get lucky and see some there, but most of the ones i've been to have been pillaged by heathens that open them in store and steal the 1/72 Iron Man and 1/36 Falcon.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Woodyisasexybeast

Postby Woodyisasexybeast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am

TriFeckTa wrote:There were very few restocks for the Infinity War line, Target only got one restock and they were done for good, at least in my area. After hot cash period, when the IW line was still a thing, IW minis disappeared from Hot Topics as well. I saw a bunch at FYE though, long after they stopped showing up at Target and Hot Topic. Kinda sucks though cause the only hard ones to find in the common IW cases were Doctor Strange and Hulkbuster. As for walmart you might get lucky and see some there, but most of the ones i've been to have been pillaged by heathens that open them in store and steal the 1/72 Iron Man and 1/36 Falcon.

I started putting together a YouTube video recently regarding the infinity war mystery minis. My Walmart had a ton of them on clearance for 3 bucks so I bought 50 dollars worth and recorded the opening while simultaneously educating people on how these minis worked because I found the whole exclusive concept to be quite confusing when I first started collecting them. Especially with the multiple ratios on hulkbuster. I generally don't like those kinds of videos either because I feel that there's way too much uselessness in the video. Unboxing a case of minis shouldn't equate to a 20 minute long video. So I trimmed the crap out of it and sped up the moments where I was actually opening the boxes. I was thinking about posting that video here whenever I finally got around to finishing it. Maybe it'd be helpful to less experienced collectors. I know it would've been very helpful to me at least.

Anyways. I managed to snag corvus glaive in that run. I haven't finished the video just yet. I wanted to get some high res, close up video of the figures first. I think it's important for people to know what it is they're buying. I didn't realize how cool the minis were until my sister gave me one for my birthday. I had no idea what they were like and I definitely would've bought more if I did. I did manage to grab the Walmart exclusive iron Man and most of the base set. Excluding doctor strange, hulkbuster and cull obsidian. No luck on falcon either, unfortunately and as I said in my original post, I've never seen any at hot topic and only one box at Target.

That's terrible that people just take them though. Filthy animals.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 am

Woodyisasexybeast wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:There were very few restocks for the Infinity War line, Target only got one restock and they were done for good, at least in my area. After hot cash period, when the IW line was still a thing, IW minis disappeared from Hot Topics as well. I saw a bunch at FYE though, long after they stopped showing up at Target and Hot Topic. Kinda sucks though cause the only hard ones to find in the common IW cases were Doctor Strange and Hulkbuster. As for walmart you might get lucky and see some there, but most of the ones i've been to have been pillaged by heathens that open them in store and steal the 1/72 Iron Man and 1/36 Falcon.

I started putting together a YouTube video recently regarding the infinity war mystery minis. My Walmart had a ton of them on clearance for 3 bucks so I bought 50 dollars worth and recorded the opening while simultaneously educating people on how these minis worked because I found the whole exclusive concept to be quite confusing when I first started collecting them. Especially with the multiple ratios on hulkbuster. I generally don't like those kinds of videos either because I feel that there's way too much uselessness in the video. Unboxing a case of minis shouldn't equate to a 20 minute long video. So I trimmed the crap out of it and sped up the moments where I was actually opening the boxes. I was thinking about posting that video here whenever I finally got around to finishing it. Maybe it'd be helpful to less experienced collectors. I know it would've been very helpful to me at least.

Anyways. I managed to snag corvus glaive in that run. I haven't finished the video just yet. I wanted to get some high res, close up video of the figures first. I think it's important for people to know what it is they're buying. I didn't realize how cool the minis were until my sister gave me one for my birthday. I had no idea what they were like and I definitely would've bought more if I did. I did manage to grab the Walmart exclusive iron Man and most of the base set. Excluding doctor strange, hulkbuster and cull obsidian. No luck on falcon either, unfortunately and as I said in my original post, I've never seen any at hot topic and only one box at Target.

That's terrible that people just take them though. Filthy animals.

That's sucks that you weren't able to score the falcon, but luckily you did score the Iron Man which was the rarest one out of the Walmart exclusives. The aftermarket price on the walmart Iron Man dropped significantly too, which means the falcon should be even cheaper to get on the aftermarket. The target exclusive 1/72 and hot topic 1/72 will cost a lot though. I was lucky enough to score captain america at hot topic using hot cash. But i paid $100 for the groot and now he's worth even more. So this set will rough to complete especially now.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 pm

I saw Gamestop and Barnes and Noble got restocked with the non-exclusive sets a couple times, but the exclusives were only stocked once or twice (Target only once around here, HT twice). This set was extremely hard to complete.

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 am

I came across a full case of IW Walmart box yesterday. So there might be a few cases floating around out there, but a slim chance though.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:14 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I came across a full case of IW Walmart box yesterday. So there might be a few cases floating around out there, but a slim chance though.

Any good scores?

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:23 am

2 Walmarts in Socal got full cases recently of IW. I knew this because I was trying to hunt for Endgame minis and the UPCs are linked to IW but weird that they are now getting the IW cases a year later...ugh Walmart...
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:44 am

mongoose12 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:I came across a full case of IW Walmart box yesterday. So there might be a few cases floating around out there, but a slim chance though.

Any good scores?

It was a hulkbuster/spider-man case. Left them.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Return to “Blind Bags”