Any News on more Horror Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
DB13

Any News on more Horror Mystery Minis

Postby DB13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Anyone heard any rumors of another wave of Horror Minis ??? I'm guessing not this year or it would of leaked by now....I guess the IT minis were there Horror ones for this year.
Pop!: 3005
Hikari: 10
Mystery mini: 274
Dorbz: 244
Wacky Wobbler: 8
Reaction: 1
Vinyl - 9
Plush - 30

ShyGuyPal

Re: Any News on more Horror Mystery Minis

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:05 am

Ah man, I so wish. All we got so far was the Jason mini that wasn't really tied to anything, and IT like you said. We still have a FNaF wave slated for mid October that has yet to be officially announced. Series 3 released within like two weeks of its annoucement, and sometimes we get surprised with stuff not announced at all. Could just be a big surprise waiting for us, but I'm not holding my breathe personally. Second best case is we get a tease for it at Toy Fair like Series 2.

I know Funko knows its a popular series (many fans asking for it on twitter, instagram, and here), so I am guessing if not this year next year for sure. They may just be waiting on pending license approvals too after what happened with Carrie and Bates in Series 3. I heard Universal and other companies can have expensive licensing so could be saving up funding for stuff like that too. Ah well.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 am

As of now, no. Like ShyGuyPal wrote, we're only getting a new FNaF later on this year. I'm not sure we'll ever get another Horror line, or Sci Fi for that matter. In fact, they're definitely shying away from mixed sets. It's such a shame though. Those were some of my favorites.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:42 am

I wish we'd get another line. They've got so many Horror characters yet to make (and that frankly should've been made instead of some of the ones in the last two sets).

The Horror set is what really got me into mystery minis, so I hope they're not giving up on it.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:50 am

There needs to be another set of these!

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:46 pm

They released that Jason mini from the hot topic horror box. But the art style is different.... I want more horror minis but with the same style as the older series

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:09 pm

I imagine it might be difficult to get the licenses for that many different characters.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:16 pm

RBlue30 wrote:They released that Jason mini from the hot topic horror box. But the art style is different.... I want more horror minis but with the same style as the older series

Yes! This style of MM is my favorite by far. Hopefully more are released with this look.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:49 pm

jagpop wrote:
RBlue30 wrote:They released that Jason mini from the hot topic horror box. But the art style is different.... I want more horror minis but with the same style as the older series

Yes! This style of MM is my favorite by far. Hopefully more are released with this look.

Same here, really hope they dont restart with the new art style (with eyes). I always worry FNaF will switch art styles one of these days and it would bug me to no end. I cant imagine how the Harry Potter mini collectors are feeling with the recent change.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

gyrofx
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby gyrofx » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Puppet Master MMs would be pretty epic... just sayin'
Name: Charles

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:34 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:I know Funko knows its a popular series (many fans asking for it on twitter, instagram, and here), so I am guessing if not this year next year for sure. They may just be waiting on pending license approvals too after what happened with Carrie and Bates in Series 3. I heard Universal and other companies can have expensive licensing so could be saving up funding for stuff like that too. Ah well.

I hope it is just a matter of lining up licenses. When you look at the Pops we've seen, we could get some killer minis. If Funko is running into an issue with so many combined licenses under one line, I'd happily buy Horror lines split up according to their IP's. Give us separate sets for the following:

-Alien v Predator (4 Alien movies, 2 Prometheus movies, 4 Predator movies, and 2 AvP movies)
-New Line Cinema Horror (Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Conjuring Universe, Critters, Se7en, The Cell)
-Universal Monsters (Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein, Phantom of the Opera, Invisible Man... heck, include the modern Universal adaptations, too! This one has TONS of possibilities.)

There are other characters I'd love to see as well, but we could get some pretty fantastic minis from these three subsets of Horror Classics even without getting into all of the others.
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:29 am

DB13 wrote:Anyone heard any rumors of another wave of Horror Minis ??? I'm guessing not this year or it would of leaked by now....I guess the IT minis were there Horror ones for this year.

Fingers crossed for next year. I know there were a few unused designs from series 3 that could definitely make series 4
950+ pops, dorbz, minis, psh, patches, and pins.
Follow my funko life on Instagram @macmill22 :freddy1:

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:09 pm

ZartansBro wrote:I hope it is just a matter of lining up licenses. When you look at the Pops we've seen, we could get some killer minis. If Funko is running into an issue with so many combined licenses under one line, I'd happily buy Horror lines split up according to their IP's. Give us separate sets for the following:

Same here, I'd be okay with them spread across several lines as long as they retained the same style of Series 1throgh 3. I'm a sucker for the white eyes now.

ZartansBro wrote:-Universal Monsters (Dracula, Bride of Frankenstein, Phantom of the Opera, Invisible Man... heck, include the modern Universal adaptations, too! This one has TONS of possibilities.)

Oh man, especially if they did this (again in same style)! We could get all the classics, variants of already released characters, and their interpretations of characters like Hunchback, Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde. I agree, tons of potential!

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:34 am

Hopefully next series of Horror come out soon. Is due for the next set.

Return to “Blind Bags”