Nightmare Before Christmas Mystery Minis Series 3

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
SpastikGrl

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas Mystery Minis Series 3

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:29 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:I am noticing that these did not take off like they were supposed to. I wonder why. IT mystery minis were a hit.

IMO the style they used for this series was the biggest factor. I'm not really a fan of it for the most part. I've seen numerous comments expressing the same sentiment. I was complete up until this set and once I saw the images for these I decided I would no longer be a completist since I didn't like the third series that much. I think the style of Series 2 was by far the best. It also doesn't help that this series doesn't balance well and the heads don't turn. The latter is particularly disappointing when it comes to Mayor since the original's head does turn and it came out several years ago. It feels like they took a serious step back in quality for this series. There are also a number of repeat characters, which is fine for some of them like Zero since the original is so rare. For others though it's not since the original versions were better.

Yah I noticed the repeat characters. BIG TIME! I started scaling this set for the WG exclusives............. But then I got bored of it. It was almost to easy
Sking19 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:I am noticing that these did not take off like they were supposed to. I wonder why. IT mystery minis were a hit.

For me they look too "cute", if that makes sense? I only went after Zero and the Mayor - wasn't really interested in the others.

Yes I do agree with you. I gravitate towards other sets, but if these go on clearance................. then I'll buy them

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:48 pm

In our area, the Walgreens ones were all bought/picked over, which I think impacted the common cases that were sold at HT and GS and such. Also with them being 1/12, people didn't need to hunt them as much to complete the set, as opposed to IT which had 1/72 store exclusives.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:38 pm

I don't my have room for another set of NBC minis :eek:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Return to “Blind Bags”