DC PRIMAL AGE (Series 2 revealed on page 3!!!)

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
xmaldigolax

DC PRIMAL AGE (Series 2 revealed on page 3!!!)

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:06 am

DUDES look at that Batcave Castle!!! Can't wait to see pictures of it inside from nycc. I will post when i go tomorrow unless someone else has pictures today! THIS IS AAAAAAWWWESOME!

AND LOOK AT ACE THE BATHOUND!!!

Last edited by xmaldigolax on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

mohawkjones

Re: DC PRIMAL AGE

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:54 am

xmaldigolax wrote:DUDES look at that Batcave Castle!!! Can't wait to see pictures of it inside from nycc. I will post when i go tomorrow unless someone else has pictures today! THIS IS AAAAAAWWWESOME!

Your pictures posted pictures may not be doing them justice though... lol

These look way more bad a** than I ever imagined they would. At the very least I will be getting a Green Lantern (dig that Man-at-Arms armor nod).
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:56 am

xmaldigolax wrote:DUDES look at that Batcave Castle!!! Can't wait to see pictures of it inside from nycc. I will post when i go tomorrow unless someone else has pictures today! THIS IS AAAAAAWWWESOME!

You need to be there today for the DC panel & free Mr. Freeze! "Coin of protection!"

Last edited by mohawkjones on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:56 am

I’m no super big into horror so those I glanced over and forgot about. These are great, I definitely want Bats, Joker and Scarecrow plus that Batcave. I’m going to destroy those card backs.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:57 am

Last edited by mohawkjones on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:59 am

mohawkjones wrote:

You need to be there today! "Coin of protection!"

Con exlcusives for something that isn’t even out yet?! That’s cold.
ImageImageImage

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

mohawkjones wrote:

Your pictures posted pictures may not be doing them justice though... lol

These look way more bad a** than I ever imagined they would. At the very least I will be getting a Green Lantern (dig that Man-at-Arms armor nod).

I'm such a yutz! lol. thanks for fixing hahaha
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Valde wrote:I’m no super big into horror so those I glanced over and forgot about. These are great, I definitely want Bats, Joker and Scarecrow plus that Batcave. I’m going to destroy those card backs.

yeah i think they found the perfect license...
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm

ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:Have any of you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFU4DiwsO9c

Where’s that Superman figure at? Can’t wait for these.
ImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:36 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:Have any of you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFU4DiwsO9c

Had not seen that yet. That is so bad it's awesome.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 pm

These are cool and I can only dream about X-men but there will only be Justice League and Avengers.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm

wolvie wrote:These are cool and I can only dream about X-men but there will only be Justice League and Avengers.

after watching that cartoon, i feel like it is a mostly warner brothers things, i don't know if disney would let the license go that direction, but don't give up hope! if these sell well maybe funko can convince the other companies. i feel like warner brothers is more fun like that than disney
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Are these exclusive to Amazon? Or just being released on Amazon before later being released in stores? It's cool that amazon have a dedicated page for them: www.amazon.com/dcprimalage

I think they all look great. And I want to buy most of them, pretty much everything except for the villains and mounts, but I'd prefer to avoid having to pay (international) shipping, especially for the Batcave.

I look forward to seeing future releases, especially Superman (although I don't love the mace hand), Supergirl, Batgirl, Batwoman and Black Canary.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 pm

That Mr. Freeze looks really cool!
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 pm

These are weird, and not in the way I usually like. Glad to see you guys are receiving this well though.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:33 am

Agent 86 wrote:Are these exclusive to Amazon? Or just being released on Amazon before later being released in stores? It's cool that amazon have a dedicated page for them: http://www.amazon.com/dcprimalage

I think they all look great. And I want to buy most of them, pretty much everything except for the villains and mounts, but I'd prefer to avoid having to pay (international) shipping, especially for the Batcave.

I look forward to seeing future releases, especially Superman (although I don't love the mace hand), Supergirl, Batgirl, Batwoman and Black Canary.

I got an email mentioned they were on Amazon, I didn't see anything about exclusive. I don't like the price on the Batcave.
ImageImageImage

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:47 am

FUNKO FUNKO FUNKO ---- You painted Green Lantern's boots/shoes wrong. Fix them please! ](*,) ](*,)

It's like painting Batman's boots yellow. #-o

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 am

geoffdude wrote:FUNKO FUNKO FUNKO ---- You painted Green Lantern's boots/shoes wrong. Fix them please! ](*,) ](*,)

It's like painting Batman's boots yellow. #-o

I don't think you quite understand the concept of this line. It's supposed to create cavemen-type figures INSPIRED by DC Comics Characters, not directly adapted from them. Mr. Freeze looks nothing like his Comic-Book counterpart at all and it's supposed to be that way. In my opinion, Funko can take all of the creative license they want with this line.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am

In the caveman days, the strongest was always the leader, so Superman should be in charge. lol
My Name is Ernie

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:08 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
I don't think you quite understand the concept of this line. It's supposed to create cavemen-type figures INSPIRED by DC Comics Characters, not directly adapted from them. Mr. Freeze looks nothing like his Comic-Book counterpart at all and it's supposed to be that way. In my opinion, Funko can take all of the creative license they want with this line.

Trust me .. I fully "understand the concept" :-k of this line. I've been collecting figures for over 45 years.

It's also a VERY common mistake by MANY toy/collectible companies to get Green Lantern's boots color wrong, and use white instead of green. Almost always it's NOT a purposeful design choice by the Toy Company/Designer as much as it's lazy attention to detail and in error.

I probably wouldn't have even brought it up but Batman's color scheme is correct, Aquaman and Wonder Woman too .. and it looks like Supes and Flash will be fairly close as well. All the villains change so much it's pointless to try and corner a specific look. But GL definitely has a specific color scheme and they got it wrong. I'll still buy him though.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:15 am

I ordered mine Friday. I bought the whole set and I won the con exclusive in an auction tonight. I just need the batcave now. I guess next pay check. I love these and the short cartoon.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:14 am

geoffdude wrote:It's also a VERY common mistake by MANY toy/collectible companies to get Green Lantern's boots color wrong, and use white instead of green. Almost always it's NOT a purposeful design choice by the Toy Company/Designer as much as it's lazy attention to detail and in error.

For being such a common and consistent error made by multiple toy companies, you'd think it'd be much easier to find an example.

I just did a quick scan through Google and eBay, and I saw dozens and dozens of different figures and statues from Hasbro, Mattel, Funko, MEGO, Ertl, Eaglemoss, Fisher Price, Playskool, DC Direct/DC Collectibles, Kenner, Art Asylum, DST, FTC, Schleich, Gund, Herocross, Quantum Mechanix, and others...and I saw zero figures of Hal Jordan with white boots.

I'm sure you'd be able to show us several examples that you've accumulated over forty-five years though.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:32 am

TheLastDude wrote:
geoffdude wrote:It's also a VERY common mistake by MANY toy/collectible companies to get Green Lantern's boots color wrong, and use white instead of green. Almost always it's NOT a purposeful design choice by the Toy Company/Designer as much as it's lazy attention to detail and in error.

For being such a common and consistent error made by multiple toy companies, you'd think it'd be much easier to find an example.

I just did a quick scan through Google and eBay, and I saw dozens and dozens of different figures and statues from Hasbro, Mattel, Funko, MEGO, Ertl, Eaglemoss, Fisher Price, Playskool, DC Direct/DC Collectibles, Kenner, Art Asylum, DST, FTC, Schleich, Gund, Herocross, Quantum Mechanix, and others...and I saw zero figures of Hal Jordan with white boots.

I'm sure you'd be able to show us several examples that you've accumulated over forty-five years though.

Well, you just spent your time proving my MAIN point thru your searching. Thx. =D> (Hals boots are/should be green as done correctly on most versions).

On the incorrect coloring .. I could probably scrounge a few up if I cared 'nuff .. but I don't, it's just toys, and at the end of the day Hal's boots have always been green, should have been green here too, but they're not.. which is ultimately incorrect.

But, I'll live .. so on to the next thing.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:58 am

Mister Freeze and GL look sick! Might have to start jumping into these.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

JediMike1128

Postby JediMike1128 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:44 am

Pre-ordered the day they went live on amazon! So excited for these to arrive just in time before my birthday! WOOHOO! :freddy2:
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:52 am

This line looks really cool, I can bring out my he mans out now to go along with with batman, mr freeze is awesone
:freddy3:

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am

I don't collect the primal age figures but I think that the batman and joker ones came out looking amazaing. I also noticed that the muscles on most of the primal age figures are quit exaggerated. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Cobrala Commander

Postby Cobrala Commander » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Are these exclusive to Amazon? Or just being released on Amazon before later being released in stores? It's cool that amazon have a dedicated page for them: http://www.amazon.com/dcprimalage

Target is carrying the comic book by Marv Wolfman.

They might be a time limited Amazon exclusive or maybe Target will get redecoes, a different wave 1, or two packs. You could very easily repaint that Batman a few ways (black and grey, dark blue with yellow accessories).

I doubt Target would carry a Target exclusive comic for a toyline they won’t at least get a version of.

I could see Target skipping the Batcave and maybe getting an abridged Wave 1. Like, say, alt. deco Batman, alt. deco WW, Superman, alt. deco Joker, and Lex Luthor as Target wave 1. If I were doing their planning, I’d probably be pushing for different vehicles too to maximize business. Like an Ace redeco’d as Krypto and maybe a Batwing as a big mutant bat with saddle.

Kfresh

Postby Kfresh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Got Mr Freeze from NYCC and it’s pretty dope!
Follow me on [ig]kfresh.thecollectorguy[/ig]

FL > CA > VA
:freddy2:

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:27 am

Cobrala Commander wrote:Target is carrying the comic book by Marv Wolfman.

THERE'S A PRIMAL AGE COMIC?!?!?

I hope Target gives this a full end cap treatment. It would make me so happy to see kids playing with toys that are pretty much what I played with as a kid. Pop overkill was causing my interest in the company to wane a little...this line is bringing me back full force.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:40 am

I need that Batcave! Very crew of Funko to pass out Mister Freeze at the Funkast show
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:I need that Batcave! Very crew of Funko to pass out Mister Freeze at the Funkast show

I wear that coin necklace every day! its so sweet!
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm

I already ordered them I just need to order the batcave.

ReggieB78

Postby ReggieB78 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 pm

they were giving out a bunch of mister freeze at NYCC i was able to get 3. I am so against this but I see people are for it so I can't hate on something I will just not collect them and leave them to the people who do love them. I do want the thundercats one though, lol.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 am

These are amazing but where's the Flash and Reverse Flash :(
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 am

Saw these at HQ when I was there the other day. I liked them more in person than I do the photos. The paint jobs were clean and consistent which is nice. The glue holding the bubble to the card was already failing though (ReAction figures had a big problem with this too) so anyone who intends on keeping them carded may have a struggle ahead of them. (Oh darn, guess people are just gonna have to open their toys ;-) ) Definitely curious to see where the line goes (and definitely needs more female characters!)
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 am

Like Batman and Heman had babies Hahaha
ImageImage

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 am

MadLove wrote:(and definitely needs more female characters!)

Yeah, that is the Funko way no? 8 male characters to every female...

Wonder Woman looks amazing, I hope that they do well and have more Femme for wave 2. Catwoman, Harley, Ivy, Cheetah, Black Canary...the teen titans
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 am

ReggieB78 wrote:they were giving out a bunch of mister freeze at NYCC i was able to get 3. I am so against this but I see people are for it so I can't hate on something I will just not collect them and leave them to the people who do love them. I do want the thundercats one though, lol.

i had two, was gonna stick the card to the wall and unbox the other, but then i saw someone that was sad to miss out so i gave them my extra. so now i just have the one OOB. since you don't want your 3 maybe do a giveaway!
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Return to “Action Figures”