NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
hailmary25

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:24 pm

DubJay81 wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
They did not sell their exclusives last year and the same will be this year. The reason for that was the atrocity that occurred in 2016, it was really bad and since then there hasn't been much of the same issue. Not to mention other situations outside of the cons that led to it, but trust, its better this way.

I heard the stories, it was vicious... people pushed and shoved... cut lines. The line was wrapping outside the expo hall, so Funko selling it at their booth is 100 percent better.

Yeah I remember 2016 like it was yesterday I was in the first 100 and we still didn’t get our pops in hand till 11:30/12 noon it was draining and insane and after that I was like nope
Never again. Insane.

I remember that thursday. I got there at 5am. I was around the corner from entrance so I was pretty close. When we went downstairs to get the wristbands I was in first 50 maybe 100 too. They wernt even handing out wristbands when i got into that line. After a few minutes they started handing out badges. this is where to me it got weird. (2016 TT was in front left corner right up the stairs by the bathrooms) By time I got up stairs there was a couple 100 people in front of me and line wraped through the show floor. (Where the hell did all those people come from). This is then where things went wrong security came cause booths were complaining and moved the line and made it go off the floor and outside the big doors. People jumped line people went nuts. Then security came and said everyone who is on the show floor is good anyone outside the big hanger door has to come back later. That is when all hell broke loose. People jumping in line yelling arguing.

Still to this day I do not know how I went from first 50 to 100 downstairs to so many people in front of me so of course I was p***. But I just made the cutoff. The security holding a sign was pretty much over my head. From there yes it took forever.
Last edited by hailmary25 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

franzsy0519

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018 - Wave 16 - Game of Thrones

Postby franzsy0519 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:26 pm

VirulentVenom wrote:
Tany wrote:
VirulentVenom wrote:
For the majority of them they go live the night before the con starting around midnight through the middle of the night depending on the site. So if you need to take the rest of the day off, you should take off on Thursday October 4th.

Thank you both! I was leaning onto the 4th, but wasn't sure. :x

So apparently they threw a curve ball and a lot of retailers are doing the releases on the 5th instead of the 4th. I've seen HT and BN make announcements.

FYE too. If I'm not mistaken, I think all retailers have moved their releases to the 5th. Not sure if I missed any announcement.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:06 pm

I messaged my local BN on Monday night and they replied yesterday around 6pm and said it was Thursday, then today around 7am they messaged again and said the date was moved to Friday so maybe they just were informed of it on a regional level today. Now that my HT decided to open 30 minutes early, I'm definitely going to get a bad place in line at HT lol Guess I'll just buy online and try in store too, never know when HT will cancel your order or the store won't have it, better safe than sorry.

FYE is the one I'm going to have trouble with... it'll go live when I'm not around to try and buy it lol and physical store isn't an option with them (or BL but I don't want anything from BL this time)

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:13 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
DubJay81 wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
I heard the stories, it was vicious... people pushed and shoved... cut lines. The line was wrapping outside the expo hall, so Funko selling it at their booth is 100 percent better.

Yeah I remember 2016 like it was yesterday I was in the first 100 and we still didn’t get our pops in hand till 11:30/12 noon it was draining and insane and after that I was like nope
Never again. Insane.

I remember that thursday. I got there at 5am. I was around the corner from entrance so I was pretty close. When we went downstairs to get the wristbands I was in first 50 maybe 100 too. They wernt even handing out wristbands when i got into that line. After a few minutes they started handing out badges. this is where to me it got weird. (2016 TT was in front left corner right up the stairs by the bathrooms) By time I got up stairs there was a couple 100 people in front of me and line wraped through the show floor. (Where the hell did all those people come from). This is then where things went wrong security came cause booths were complaining and moved the line and made it go off the floor and outside the big doors. People jumped line people went nuts. Then security came and said everyone who is on the show floor is good anyone outside the big hanger door has to come back later. That is when all hell broke loose. People jumping in line yelling arguing.

Still to this day I do not know how I went from first 50 to 100 downstairs to so many people in front of me so of course I was p***. But I just made the cutoff. The security holding a sign was pretty much over my head. From there yes it took forever.

YESSSSS I REMEMBER THAT DAY VERY WELL!!! It was pure madness I ran like my life depended on it. Yes I was in that first batch and when they dropped the gate and we ran for the TT line down stairs then went upstairs. It was crazy. I got every pop they had except the Dorbs cereal pack. I was literally next literally sold out with the lady in front of me. Think they had 75 for each day.
Keep spreading that Funko Love... :freddy1:
New York Comic 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20(Virtual)
NYC Fugitive Event 2018/2019

fouxdafafa

Postby fouxdafafa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:11 pm

HBO just gave early access for email subscribers to their pops this afternoon. I'm at work and had my Gmail open in a tab, but didn't seem like I was receiving any new emails the past couple hours. I didn't realize until now that it wasn't loading. I'm pretty ticked off. There are 3 GOT exclusives that I wanted. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out forever. :(

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Missed Metallic Children of the Forest =(

fouxdafafa

Postby fouxdafafa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 pm

I just sent their Customer Service an email. I really, really wanted the Metallic Children of the Forest. I hope it was just a limited sale and they will post more later.

FunkoHex

Postby FunkoHex » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:41 pm

fouxdafafa wrote:I just sent their Customer Service an email. I really, really wanted the Metallic Children of the Forest. I hope it was just a limited sale and they will post more later.

They will probably release more for the general public!
while (noSuccess) {
tryAgain();

if (dead){
break;
}
}
:freddy3:

Tany

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018 - Wave 16 - Game of Thrones

Postby Tany » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
VirulentVenom wrote:
Tany wrote:
Thank you both! I was leaning onto the 4th, but wasn't sure. :x

So apparently they threw a curve ball and a lot of retailers are doing the releases on the 5th instead of the 4th. I've seen HT and BN make announcements.

FYE too. If I'm not mistaken, I think all retailers have moved their releases to the 5th. Not sure if I missed any announcement.

Well dang. .___. I wish they'd announce these things sooner. I already used the time I had to take the 4th off. Rip me.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: moonlarkly // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: ECCC Haul // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

becca69

Postby becca69 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:49 pm

fouxdafafa wrote:HBO just gave early access for email subscribers to their pops this afternoon. I'm at work and had my Gmail open in a tab, but didn't seem like I was receiving any new emails the past couple hours. I didn't realize until now that it wasn't loading. I'm pretty ticked off. There are 3 GOT exclusives that I wanted. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out forever. :(

I got the email right away and everything was sold out. They added more around 5:30 and I had two in my cart that sold out before I was able to complete sale. So they either didn't post many of each Pop or there were that many people trying to buy at the same time. I was able to add Beric a few times but never able to check out. I was never able to add Metallic Children although it did refresh to show pre-order button. Just not fast enough.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:56 pm

MiniPop wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
MiniPop wrote:I'm not sure if I will try going to Target Friday morning or just trying for something on Funko shop. Decisions, decisions...

Surprisimgly I dont have any must haves from funko shop this time round (maybe a Jabberjaw but thay's it). Good luck on Target release day!

I'm hoping to get Huckleberry Hound & Snagglepuss Vynl pack from the funko shop, but that is probably it. As for Target there's a whole lot of want lol

October the 5th. God bless our souls and our wallets.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

FFNATIC

Postby FFNATIC » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm

:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: Thank you for this link! I was searching everywhere for this!
This is my signature, I know it's boring, I don't know how to add any badges #-o
Collection is OVER 9,000! honestly, I don't really know I've lost count after 3k!
I collect Funko, Lego, Hallmark, & Bombshells

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Loungefly Pins and Bags!

Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

Simplyee

Postby Simplyee » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:49 am

I missed the HBO pops was in class and the flew ☹️

Simplyee

Postby Simplyee » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:50 am

I missed the HBO pops was in class and the flew ☹️

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:10 am

The selection for NYCC is very weak overall, but I'm excited about Captain Rex. That's my one big must-have of the convention. There's only one Star Wars exclusive, but it's a great one. Fortunately HT almost always has my top want. The only other exclusives that I'm interested in are the Game of Thrones exclusives shared with B&N, but I'm undecided if I will get them or not. Beric Dondarrion I'm leaning towards yes, the 3-pack I'm leaning towards no, but mainly because of how expensive it will be. Also the fact that there will be a solo George release makes skipping the 3-pack much easier. Beric with his flaming sword and pose turned out great. It's exactly how I imagined it would look.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:24 am

That GPK is my big want from this. Hope i can get it.

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:26 am

Pleased to hear that the Doctor Who Pop is going to be sold in the UK by EMP so at least I know I'm going to get that one.

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:44 am

becca69 wrote:
fouxdafafa wrote:HBO just gave early access for email subscribers to their pops this afternoon. I'm at work and had my Gmail open in a tab, but didn't seem like I was receiving any new emails the past couple hours. I didn't realize until now that it wasn't loading. I'm pretty ticked off. There are 3 GOT exclusives that I wanted. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out forever. :(

I got the email right away and everything was sold out. They added more around 5:30 and I had two in my cart that sold out before I was able to complete sale. So they either didn't post many of each Pop or there were that many people trying to buy at the same time. I was able to add Beric a few times but never able to check out. I was never able to add Metallic Children although it did refresh to show pre-order button. Just not fast enough.

Aren't they more expensive in the HBO store than they will be from BnN?

Madddawg4

Postby Madddawg4 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 am

Super annoying that they moved these all to Friday. I had this morning open to go to FYE, but am booked tomorrow. Hope I get lucky online.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:45 am

Hoping I can get 2-3 of them tomorrow, since they aren't in stores today.

Need:
Vashta Nerada
Supergirl

Maybe:
Carnage
Quirrell

Want but can't afford this weekend:
Chrome Superman 3 pack
Superman and Flash 2 pack

Hopefully I can get the last 2 packs at some point.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 am

The one I am concerned about is the Walgreens Movie Moment. I know I won't get the Funko Shop Jabberjaw so I won't even bother to try, there is no FYE near me so that means Quirrell is out, and I will just head to Hot Topic in the morning after leaving Target (where I only want Akeem, flocked Baloo, and the Golden Girls cereal so hopefully that's easy) for the Vashta Nerada.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

regetor

Postby regetor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am

Not much I am looking for this convention, just a couple for my classic animation collection:

Jabberjaw
Funky Phantom (ugh, why did this have to be limited... not holding out much hope, maybe he will be as easy to get on ebay as Pete Puma after SDCC)

And also Adam Bomb would be nice in the incredibly unlikely event I catch Toy Tokyo online.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Come on Hot Topic! Don't fail me now tonight!
:freddy1:

Njtree_82

Postby Njtree_82 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Was there a Lottery for over9000 booth? Or is it just a walk up?
85 funko pops
-2 chases

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Njtree_82 wrote:Was there a Lottery for over9000 booth? Or is it just a walk up?

Lottery only, that is what my brother told me when he visited the booth.

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Ther eis no way to buy the toytokyo release online, right? It would figure the only one my husband really wants is that one. LOL
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

fouxdafafa

Postby fouxdafafa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:30 pm

I have a major meeting at work tomorrow morning that I can't miss. I just hope nothing drops online between 7am-8am PST because I won't be able to purchase anything during that time. I am basically going to have to buy stuff online due to this meeting. This is the first time I don't actually want anything from Hot Topic. In the past, I've gotten lucky both with FYE and Barnes & Noble online, but it all depends on timing. Never had luck with HBO. Not sure how Amazon is gonna go. So here's hoping things work out. I really don't want to go through secondary sellers. I work to buy Funkos, and yet, my job is getting in the way of collecting these things. lol

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 pm

So I guess majin vegeta Will not be available online at all due to liscensing issues that's a bummer was hoping for a shot at getting him.

danman227460

Postby danman227460 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:52 pm

What a mess. The first pop that A LOT of fans wanted, commissioned by the voice actor and no one but flippers or people with deep pockets will get him. I did hear they plan on going to more cons with it but jeez. Worst than Whis.

perfectflaw00 wrote:So I guess majin vegeta Will not be available online at all due to liscensing issues that's a bummer was hoping for a shot at getting him.

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Good luck today/tonight/tomorrow everybody! Stay safe out there!
ImageImage

Afrofreddy

Postby Afrofreddy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:02 pm

I went in to our local target and they had the rick and Morty already out but nothing else so it's weird... tomorrow should be interesting
Hi, my name is Sean

Image ImageImageImageImage

FunkoDanTheMan

Postby FunkoDanTheMan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
becca69 wrote:

Aren't they more expensive in the HBO store than they will be from BnN?

That's correct.

I managed to get the metallic but nothing else since those are the shared, same as b&n

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Super disappointed about missing the HBO pops. I never even got to the checkout screen. Too much traffic
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:10 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:So I guess majin vegeta Will not be available online at all due to liscensing issues that's a bummer was hoping for a shot at getting him.

Definitely another source of disappointment for me.
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 pm

drachenfells wrote:Pleased to hear that the Doctor Who Pop is going to be sold in the UK by EMP so at least I know I'm going to get that one.

The Funko Europe twitter account announced that as exclusive to Forbidden Plant International. They also announced it as exclusive to emp.de (the German EMP) but didn't mention EMP.co.uk.

The facebook and instagram pages of Funko Pop UK announced the EMP.de exclusives as EMP.co.uk exclusive, I don't know if they are official pages or not and don't know if that is accurate.

EMP is owned by the same company that owns Hot Topic so it makes sense they get the same exclusives, but its a bit uncertain at the moment.

ReggieB78

Postby ReggieB78 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:14 pm

ebay craziness I swear seen some of these pops and not even the actual NYCC pops but shared exclusives going for 4 to 5 times their worth. I learned from the past just wait if I don't get what I want from NYCC at NYCC then i will wait for the hype to calm down and buy them or trade for them.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

badger

Postby badger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Can anyone inform me if the movie moment has been shared anywhere in the U.K. or Europe as it’s the only thing I need from this years con?
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:24 pm

ReggieB78 wrote:ebay craziness I swear seen some of these pops and not even the actual NYCC pops but shared exclusives going for 4 to 5 times their worth. I learned from the past just wait if I don't get what I want from NYCC at NYCC then i will wait for the hype to calm down and buy them or trade for them.

Yeah most of the time immediately post convention is a crazy time to buy any pop. Looking at how quickly the prices for gold vegeta tanked.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:57 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:Loungefly Pins and Bags!

I wish I could get the backpack, but it would be costly to have shipped to me with everything else I got. The person helping me did get me the Mickey pins. I can't wait to get all of this in hand.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Pop!”