NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: NYCC Pop Exclusives 2018

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:06 pm

scholora wrote:How does the toy tokyo exclusives work?

If they sell stuff online they'll announce that they will have a sale sometime in the future and then make us sweat it out for several weeks before putting it up. They like the hype so you'll have plenty of time before you have to worry about those.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Got most what I wanted online last night...gonna swing by a few stores on my lunch break, hoping to find the Grady Twins Rock Candy.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Grex54 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:Anyone seeing some weird stuff with the barnes and noble hermoine order. I ordered mine got email confirmation and its in my order history, but in my order history under the pop name it says temporarily out of stock online will be available October 10. I really hope my order doesn't get cancelled.

I had the same issue, but I just check my order and now the out of stock/ Oct. 10 is no longer there.

Oh okay sweet!! I will have to check mine!!
Collecting since 2014

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:27 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

If they sell stuff online they'll announce that they will have a sale sometime in the future and then make us sweat it out for several weeks before putting it up. They like the hype so you'll have plenty of time before you have to worry about those.

If I remember correctly, last SDCC Toy Tokyo announced that they would be doing their online release "soon", but without a specific date attached. You'd literally have to glue yourself to the monitor in case the drop happens all of a sudden lol
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:54 pm

My Hot Topic was SO smooth. They opened early, posted what was available (including how many...we had a snowstorm that delayed some of their shipments) and the rules... you got a number in line and could purchase one of every item and then go back in line if you wanted more...up to 5 max. Perfect!

Got the Vashta Nerada (my #1 want), Captain Rex and Great Ape Vegeta. In and out! Well...after waiting an hour and 15 minutes before hand... :drunken:
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:20 pm

I can’t multi-reply from my phone, but I just wanted to say thank you to those who provided some kind words and mojo to my son. Who is milking the fact that he is sick. lol.

I was able to snag Dum Dum, Baba Looey, and Jabber Jaw on the Pop up Shop this morning. My wife took a half day today so when she came home, around 1pm, I ran to the nearest Target. Popfindr showed they still had some items left. I found 3 dino zords. The boxes on two of them were beyond crushed. The one I grabbed only had a slight cut on the top due to a box cutter. But I didnt have time to go to another target so I grabbed it I also grabbed a Prince Akeem, Stoned Goliath, An Aubrey, a flocked Baloo. They didnt have the Venomized Loki, so i grabbed a Genji hopeing to trade him later. I was super stoked. I bought a bottle of wine for the wife and had to rush home.

I just hope I can score on TT, and all I am looking for is one thing at GameStop, one at B&N and one at FYE. Hopefully they still have them at the store this weekend.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Nothing for me so far, still working!

VoorheesRulez

Postby VoorheesRulez » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Anyone when the target online only items will be available? Grady twins and married with children pack are the only things I really want.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:54 pm

VoorheesRulez wrote:Anyone when the target online only items will be available? Grady twins and married with children pack are the only things I really want.

Also waiting on the Grady Twins. Our stores didn't get any of them.

VoorheesRulez

Postby VoorheesRulez » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:32 pm

I dont think any stores got them noted as an online only item

nikkadaniella

Postby nikkadaniella » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Anyone know the password for TT launch site?
IG: @iheartfunko
Image Image

lrienaeds

Postby lrienaeds » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm

I was at Hot Topic a few minutes before 10AM. They had opened early and I saw several people walking around with some big bags. I got the last Vashta Nerada which is the only thing I wanted.

Diabetesx03

Postby Diabetesx03 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:44 pm

tigsabud1 wrote:
RoboFist wrote:Anyone else feel super uncomfortable waiting in line and listening to the people in front of you talking about Pops the same way guys on Wall Street talk about trading stocks?

"Oh my dude I spent seven hours driving all over the state picking up every Walgreens Jason I could find. Already have a $75 bid on eBay this morning, gonna make mint with these before November."

"First quarter, no joke, I sold 3 Chase Twinkie the Kids for close to a Benjamin each. Still waiting for that Pikachu restock."

"I got my boy down at the con this weekend camping out outside the Toy Tokyo booth to secure that Biggie. Brought his two kids so he could buy extra, gonna make $200 each EASY."

Meanwhile, like, I'm just waiting for the Vashta Nerada Pop so I can go back to sleep lol It must be bizarre investing so much time and energy and financial dependency on these things.

I feel like it's quickly become something that it was never (necessarily) intended to be. I know Mike and the gang have talked about intentionally producing chases and exclusives and such in limited quantities, but I also remember him saying on the Funkast that he wanted it to bring fans together and have them help each other out to try and get those hard to find pieces. It really saddens me with all the recent news about people getting attacked in parking lots and such. As a collector, I know what it's like to get my hands on that coveted piece and whatnot, but at the end of the day, it's just a piece of plastic. I'd gladly either leave an extra item for another collector to find, or buy it and resell it at retail to someone who couldn't get it. Because at the end of the day, that would make me feel better than draining someone's wallet. Don't these people have anything better to do than drive around and purposely mess with other collector's experiences? I suppose there's always someone who has to go and ruin a good thing for people, but I really do miss the early days when there was that true sense of community.

Collecting is something that is meant to be fun. I get just as much enjoyment seeing others get a cool piece as I do myself. For the Geoffrey pop I had my mom come with me to grab an extra one for a gift for a friend. Some people jumped the line and the people that were waiting well before the store opened ended up not getting one. I had my mom give up hers because I knew these people would appreciate them more than my buddy. It's awful that people would rather make a few extra bucks than make someone else's day.

fouxdafafa

Postby fouxdafafa » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Barnes & Noble Update:

Last night, my partner accidentally ordered a Beric, not knowing I had ordered it as well. He also ordered 2 other NFL pops. He just got notification they shipped, but not the Beric one. So I hope that it's still gonna get shipped.

I'm back from work and in a daze without much sleep last night, but super happy I was able to order 3 out of the 4 I wanted online. I really hope they get shipped, and not damaged. I'm also hoping my local comic book shop has a Metallic Children of the Forest for a decent price, but not holding my breath. But I'm really excited for this new GoT wave, with or without this metallic one.

Simplyee

Postby Simplyee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Anyone know when you Tokyo may release their exclusives? They did that random drop at 3am no one not nocturnal could get. Then they did that restock but barely announced it.

Madddawg4

Postby Madddawg4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:40 pm

I got everything I wanted in store (Quirrell, Hermione, Assaultron) My FYE only got 6 Quirell, and the first 6 people in line snagged those (luckily I was 2nd). My HT had everything but Great Ape left at lunch, and I stopped by BN after work and they had multiples of everything left so I got my Hermione.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:41 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Grex54 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:Anyone seeing some weird stuff with the barnes and noble hermoine order. I ordered mine got email confirmation and its in my order history, but in my order history under the pop name it says temporarily out of stock online will be available October 10. I really hope my order doesn't get cancelled.

I had the same issue, but I just check my order and now the out of stock/ Oct. 10 is no longer there.

Oh okay sweet!! I will have to check mine!!

I'm in the same boat - mine said out of stock when it let me order it. Now it says "In processing", still says out of stock/Oct. 10th. It's enough to make me nervous, but I'll keep monitoring it and see what happens. Hoping we all succeed on this one! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

JenPop

Postby JenPop » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:14 pm

I luckily was able to get almost everything I wanted in store. The only ones I had to get online were Cece, Professor Quirrel, and the Pizza Planet Truck. I can't wait for those to come in!

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:18 pm

So my B&N has 36 sorting hat Hermoines. Just putting that out there.
My Name is Ernie

TheDouble

Postby TheDouble » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 pm

I was fortunate to get everything I needed online. Didn't want to be disappointed if a store didn't have what I wanted in stock.
ImageImage

FunkoHex

Postby FunkoHex » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Just waiting on over9000 to see when itll release :(
while (noSuccess) {
tryAgain();

if (dead){
break;
}
}
:freddy3:

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:23 pm

I had a great NYCC Pop hunt today. The only bad thing about it was the cold, rainy weather. This is the first time I wasn't paying close attention to the details online throughout this process, so I actually showed up at the mall yesterday, not knowing that they pushed the release date back a day. I returned today, an hour late, but me and one other guy that was at the same stores at the same time appeared to be the first Pop hunters to buy anything. I got my top want at HT, Captain Rex, and he bought Rex and the 6-inch DBZ Pop. This is the first time my local HT received 6-inch convention Pops. They just simply never got any of the previous ones.

At B&N they had a table packed full again. They especially had a ton of Beric Dondarrion, my only other purchase. I chatted a little bit with the other hunter there about Game of Thrones and the Pops they had. We talked about how the 3-pack would of been something to consider at a lower price, but at the absurd price of $40, we both skipped it.

I decided to skip GS and FYE, since they had nothing I wanted.

I got both of the Pops I went there for, so it was a good day. :)

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:56 pm

I'm excited for the Toy Tokyo releases. I hope they do make it online to have a chance getting them.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:29 am

no info on the grady twins yet?
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 am

Jade-Rex wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:Got my twins no problem this morning and if I stay good and don't impulse buy anything else I'm done. Grabbing Beast Boy would be amazing but I'll have to be incredibly lucky to pull that off.

Good luck to everyone! Hope the rest of the con goes well with restocks and the like!

Your Target had The Grady Twins? Yay! You give me hope. I've been stressing about it for the past hour cause it seems that some Targets don't have them.

Sorry! I meant the Scott Pilgrim 2 pack twins. I didn't go to Target at all today. I hope they have some for you! I think Rock candies aren't too hard to snag when they come out.

Oh whoops lol It's all good! And thank you, I hope I get them too! There was a problem with Target's NYCC shared exclusives not being in stores today, so I'm just gonna have to be ready for when they release (hopefully, it's soon).
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:34 am

mikechickenhead wrote:no info on the grady twins yet?

So far, I haven't heard anything. I called Target and the lady on the phone said something about it being online only. This might've been a mistake, though. Who knows.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:23 am

Toy Tokyo will most likely do there own Website release just a week after NYCC like they did with SDCC. There exclusives were once again made shared but were sold over seas as before to Europe and Aus. So to me was a great thing because is drives the prices down for flippers and on EBay. So be patient and you too will get that you want or need. Hey I’m glad I waited and snagged a Gold Chrome Vegeta off of EBay for the low $50. It can happen lol.
Keep spreading that Funko Love... :freddy1:
New York Comic 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20(Virtual)
NYC Fugitive Event 2018/2019

regetor

Postby regetor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Gemini just dropped some stuff...

25 Adam Bomb for $100 each
25 Notorious BIG for $125 each
25 Orange Batman for $100 each
20 some Funky Phantom for $200 each

Funky Phantom sold out the fastest, under 3 minutes I think, Adam Bomb lasted the longest around 10 to 15 minutes.

Sigh... had to pass on all of them, hopefully Funky Phantom will drop down in price on ebay like Pete Puma did after SDCC.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Hope everyone got what they wanted! I got almost everything i wanted this NYCC, so im a happy boi :)
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

jondru

Postby jondru » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:21 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:Hope everyone got what they wanted! I got almost everything i wanted this NYCC, so im a happy boi :)

:cheers: congrats
Andrew

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
mikechickenhead wrote:no info on the grady twins yet?

So far, I haven't heard anything. I called Target and the lady on the phone said something about it being online only. This might've been a mistake, though. Who knows.

been haunting the website for over 24hrs now.lol
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

NamesJay

Postby NamesJay » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 am

Only ones I wanted this year are the Notoriious B.I.G. and the Adam Bomb. I have never had success with Toy Tokyo, however, so I'm not holding out much hope.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am

Holy cow Funky Phantom prices are absurd. No way I'm gonna pay that. Can't imagine many other people paying that either. Flippers have gotten way out of hand. I got Unmasked Jason for $80 during the 2015 SDCC.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:58 am

Only ordered the Hulk and Hulkbuster 2 pack from Walgreens!

FunkoDanTheMan

Postby FunkoDanTheMan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Got almost everything I needed, that orange Batman is eluding me.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:07 pm

I didn't even get half of what I wanted. All the pops that I want most are from Toy Tokyo. So I hope I have luck on my side when they go online.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:Hope everyone got what they wanted! I got almost everything i wanted this NYCC, so im a happy boi :)

I got 6/6, just waiting for them all to arrive because I had to get them all online because my stores didn't get anything in lol Everything has shipped except for Professor Quirrell from FYE.

My B&N didn't get Hermione until Sunday, and Hot Topic only got Carnage, Arthur Curry, Captain Rex, Wonder Woman, Brook, Eto, and Great Ape Vegeta but not the only two I wanted (Killer Frost and Vashta Nerada).

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

lavery01 wrote:I didn't even get half of what I wanted. All the pops that I want most are from Toy Tokyo. So I hope I have luck on my side when they go online.

Wishing you the best of luck

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 pm

War19872002 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:I didn't even get half of what I wanted. All the pops that I want most are from Toy Tokyo. So I hope I have luck on my side when they go online.

Wishing you the best of luck

I thank you. :bounce:
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Jess55

Postby Jess55 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes Amazon and FYE to ship items? I ordered like right when they went live. According to Amazons site I am supposed to receive them tomorrow however it doesn’t even look like they’ve shipped yet. So I don’t think that’s happening (I have prime) and no indication that FYE has shipped either. I get they probably got a ton of orders. I’ve never ordered from FYE before so that’s the one I’m most worried about. Also I’m moving on Sunday, so I’m extra worried, I mean I’ll have my mail forwarded but still.

Return to “Pop!”