New Lord of the Rings Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
michael

Re: New Lord of the Rings Pops

Postby michael » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:55 pm

I agree, this really could have been GITD, but I like all the LOTR Pops either way. Can't wait to find out how to get the mystery box -- hoping at least one or two items in stay a mystery until I open.
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 pm

michael wrote:I agree, this really could have been GITD, but I like all the LOTR Pops either way. Can't wait to find out how to get the mystery box -- hoping at least one or two items in stay a mystery until I open.

There's probably a GITD chase - Funko's MO. But it does look awesome! This is also the first I've heard of the box but if I see anything at work I'll let y'all know! Hopefully it'll be like the box with Killer Croc in it and just be super abundant.

michael

Postby michael » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:44 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
michael wrote:I agree, this really could have been GITD, but I like all the LOTR Pops either way. Can't wait to find out how to get the mystery box -- hoping at least one or two items in stay a mystery until I open.

There's probably a GITD chase - Funko's MO. But it does look awesome! This is also the first I've heard of the box but if I see anything at work I'll let y'all know! Hopefully it'll be like the box with Killer Croc in it and just be super abundant.

Thank you! I hope so too..
North Jersey

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 am

michael wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Thank you! I hope so too..

2nd this
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

JuzUK79

Postby JuzUK79 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Wow that Galadriel Pop! Looks great.

Can’t wait to see glams for next wave

arakha

Postby arakha » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:13 am

I hope for Eowyn, Arwen in coronation gown, Faramir and LOTR Bilbo

Timeforcornflakes

Postby Timeforcornflakes » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm happy we're getting a new Legolas, couldn't stand the Hobbit version with it's Jersey Shore tan

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 am

Need them to add to my LOTR set also need the first Hobbit ones too
Image Image[/quote]

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Does anyone know what all will be included in the Barnes & Noble LOTR mystery box or a release date? I went to my Barnes and Noble store with the placeholder link to try to reserve one and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and was trying to tell me it must have already be released a while ago and they don't have any more/won't be getting any more. Same with the Galadriel exclusive pop. So I don't know if I didn't ask the right questions or what! lol lol
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Mystery Minis - Too many to count!
Keychains/Pocket Pops - 8
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 pm

I love Star Wars pops! So excited for all the ones in the near future
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

tuvok47

Postby tuvok47 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:56 pm

SunsetBeauty wrote:Does anyone know what all will be included in the Barnes & Noble LOTR mystery box or a release date? I went to my Barnes and Noble store with the placeholder link to try to reserve one and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and was trying to tell me it must have already be released a while ago and they don't have any more/won't be getting any more. Same with the Galadriel exclusive pop. So I don't know if I didn't ask the right questions or what! lol lol

It's frustrating when employees are so out of the loop that they throw out scenarios like that. Maybe ask a manager?

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

SunsetBeauty wrote:Does anyone know what all will be included in the Barnes & Noble LOTR mystery box or a release date? I went to my Barnes and Noble store with the placeholder link to try to reserve one and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and was trying to tell me it must have already be released a while ago and they don't have any more/won't be getting any more. Same with the Galadriel exclusive pop. So I don't know if I didn't ask the right questions or what! lol lol

We don't have any information about this, so unfortunately you will have to wait for Funko to announce it or for it to just pop up in stores. We don't get this info in advance usually and unless an employee is on these boards or an active part of Reddit, then they probably won't have a clue what's going on yet. I know a lot of my coworkers won't know something's coming out until a collector asks about it. Right now, it's just best to be patient.

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:51 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:

We don't have any information about this, so unfortunately you will have to wait for Funko to announce it or for it to just pop up in stores. We don't get this info in advance usually and unless an employee is on these boards or an active part of Reddit, then they probably won't have a clue what's going on yet. I know a lot of my coworkers won't know something's coming out until a collector asks about it. Right now, it's just best to be patient.

Oh, I'm very patient. Trust me! lol It's been a year and a 1/2 since I pre-orded the LOTR chase bundle (the one with the Frodo Chase) from a store and after no pops and very little communication, I just now got a refund for it finally. Now I have to track down those pops. Which will keep me busy for awhile! :D

I was just wondering if a release date was announced. There was another thread about the box (that has since disappeared) where someone said they were able to reserve a box in store. I've never done that before and thought as long as I was at Barnes & Noble anyway, I'd ask. Since I'd never reserved a Funko product before - that's why I wasn't sure if asked the right questions or showed her the right link, etc. LOTR is one of the few line I try to be complete on, so based on what the employee had said, I was afraid I missed out on both the box and Galadriel. But if the employee was mistaken and they actually haven't been released yet, then I'm good - less for me to track down on the secondary market! lol
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:45 am

SunsetBeauty wrote:Oh, I'm very patient. Trust me! lol It's been a year and a 1/2 since I pre-orded the LOTR chase bundle (the one with the Frodo Chase) from a store and after no pops and very little communication, I just now got a refund for it finally. Now I have to track down those pops. Which will keep me busy for awhile! :D

I was just wondering if a release date was announced. There was another thread about the box (that has since disappeared) where someone said they were able to reserve a box in store. I've never done that before and thought as long as I was at Barnes & Noble anyway, I'd ask. Since I'd never reserved a Funko product before - that's why I wasn't sure if asked the right questions or showed her the right link, etc. LOTR is one of the few line I try to be complete on, so based on what the employee had said, I was afraid I missed out on both the box and Galadriel. But if the employee was mistaken and they actually haven't been released yet, then I'm good - less for me to track down on the secondary market! lol

I would have not been able to handle that. But you should check your local BNs, I know personally I've still got a ton of Hobbitses just lazing about like it's nothing. But good luck on that hunt!

From what I've seen, a date hasn't been set. It could be soon if pictures have already surfaced though. We've also seen the supposed list so it's only a matter of time. I'm going to guess we'll see it closer to the holidays as BN plans to up their presence in the toy and collectible scene around that time. If you're going to reserve something in store, having an item number always helps, but sometimes even if an item shows up in our system, we just can't reserve it or even order it. This is usually either a really old item or something limited that's sold out. There hasn't been anything official so I think it's safe to say that employee wasn't sure what the deal was and probably came to the conclusion that it had come and gone.

I'll try to look it up next week when I go back in and see if I can find out anything more. :)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Not even the mystery box but the list with the new wave has been around forever and we haven't seen an announcement. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise as I need a break from NYCC
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 pm

This calls for a LOTR marathon.....extended cut editions of course...

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Code Violet wrote:This calls for a LOTR marathon.....extended cut editions of course...

The theatrical version pales before the extended editions. [-o<
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 pm

that way you can watch for a couple hours longer before returning to real like too haha or you could just add in the hobbit movies....

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 pm

I'm really wanting to see what the rest of the wave looks like.
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
SunsetBeauty wrote:Oh, I'm very patient. Trust me! lol It's been a year and a 1/2 since I pre-orded the LOTR chase bundle (the one with the Frodo Chase) from a store and after no pops and very little communication, I just now got a refund for it finally. Now I have to track down those pops. Which will keep me busy for awhile! :D

I would have not been able to handle that. But you should check your local BNs, I know personally I've still got a ton of Hobbitses just lazing about like it's nothing. But good luck on that hunt!

From what I've seen, a date hasn't been set. It could be soon if pictures have already surfaced though. We've also seen the supposed list so it's only a matter of time. I'm going to guess we'll see it closer to the holidays as BN plans to up their presence in the toy and collectible scene around that time. If you're going to reserve something in store, having an item number always helps, but sometimes even if an item shows up in our system, we just can't reserve it or even order it. This is usually either a really old item or something limited that's sold out. There hasn't been anything official so I think it's safe to say that employee wasn't sure what the deal was and probably came to the conclusion that it had come and gone.

I'll try to look it up next week when I go back in and see if I can find out anything more. :)

I was able to reserve the box in store, so that may have been my post you're referring to @SunsetBeauty. I can't find the post or the IG post that had the placeholder now though. Guessing my post was deleted, and I didn't save the placeholder, sorry. One page back on this thread though, from early August, is the placeholder for the other version of Galadriel, which I also reserved in store.

@JohnnyPOP since I did reserve in store, I could ask an associate to give me the UPC by looking up my res, correct?

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 am

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I was able to reserve the box in store, so that may have been my post you're referring to @SunsetBeauty. I can't find the post or the IG post that had the placeholder now though. Guessing my post was deleted, and I didn't save the placeholder, sorry. One page back on this thread though, from early August, is the placeholder for the other version of Galadriel, which I also reserved in store.

@JohnnyPOP since I did reserve in store, I could ask an associate to give me the UPC by looking up my res, correct?

It might have been your post, mysta_rabbit, I just remember there was a thread with the placeholder link for the box and someone posted in there they reserved it in stores. I saved the placeholder link for both the box and the other version of Galadriel, which I showed to the employee, but she wasn't able to reserve them for me. Said since they didn't have a release date on them, they had already been released/were old and were no longer available. But I'll just keep my eyes out on the forum and hopefully we'll get a release date on them soon! Maybe around the holidays like JohnnyPOP said (@JohnnyPOP, thanks in advance for any info you can find :D )! Now I just got to track down that Frodo Chase!
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 am

Code Violet wrote:This calls for a LOTR marathon.....extended cut editions of course...

Yes!! I have been dying to do a Hobbit/LOTR marathon! I'm thinking over my Christmas/New Year holiday....if I can wait that long! lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 am

I know Fellowship in on Netflix but I don't know where to watch the rest of them....

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 am

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:@JohnnyPOP since I did reserve in store, I could ask an associate to give me the UPC by looking up my res, correct?

Yes, it should give the UPC for any items that you reserve in the system. I wonder why it let some people do it and not others though. :-k I don't fully understand BookMaster all the time, it can be a little finicky. But thank you for correcting me! When I get to work next week, I'll see if I can find it on my own and hopefully get a better idea of what is going on. If you happen to get the UPC, could you message it to me?

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 am

Oh sweet thanks for sharing! I’m really excited now!

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 am

SunsetBeauty wrote:It might have been your post, mysta_rabbit, I just remember there was a thread with the placeholder link for the box and someone posted in there they reserved it in stores. I saved the placeholder link for both the box and the other version of Galadriel, which I showed to the employee, but she wasn't able to reserve them for me. Said since they didn't have a release date on them, they had already been released/were old and were no longer available. But I'll just keep my eyes out on the forum and hopefully we'll get a release date on them soon! Maybe around the holidays like JohnnyPOP said (@JohnnyPOP, thanks in advance for any info you can find :D )! Now I just got to track down that Frodo Chase!

JohnnyPOP wrote:Yes, it should give the UPC for any items that you reserve in the system. I wonder why it let some people do it and not others though. :-k I don't fully understand BookMaster all the time, it can be a little finicky. But thank you for correcting me! When I get to work next week, I'll see if I can find it on my own and hopefully get a better idea of what is going on. If you happen to get the UPC, could you message it to me?

My res for her alone has had an ETA of Nov since I placed it months ago. The box did not have an ETA yet. I'll pop in my local store in the next few days and see if there's any update.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am

Code Violet wrote:I know Fellowship in on Netflix but I don't know where to watch the rest of them....

there is a section in the store where they sell DVD/Blu rays lol I kidddddd

Hasu

Postby Hasu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 pm

This Next Wave is going to be amazing...I wonder who the Chase will be since they usually do 1 chase per wave

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:30 pm

I wonder if Boromir is going to be a common or a con-exclusive. They could do an exclusive where he's all shot up by the arrow from Lurtz. Poor Boromir... :-({|=
ImageImageImageImageImage

michael

Postby michael » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Every time I've reserved something Funko at B&N pre-release the order has been cancelled or just forgotten : (
North Jersey

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Code Violet wrote:I know Fellowship in on Netflix but I don't know where to watch the rest of them....

I'm trying to perfect the art of not having to leave my apartment for life lol amazon is actually amazing at delivery pretty much everything i need....but yes the library would be an easy place to start too lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Code Violet wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I'm trying to perfect the art of not having to leave my apartment for life lol amazon is actually amazing at delivery pretty much everything i need....but yes the library would be an easy place to start too lol

Good old.amazon helping introverts not leave their place

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:23 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Code Violet wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:there is a section in the store where they sell DVD/Blu rays lol I kidddddd

Good old.amazon helping introverts not leave their place

the worst part is I'm super extroverted just lazy af hahaha ok ok I'll hit the library this weekend....

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:04 am

I always look forward to new lord of the rings pops of characters that we haven’t gotten yet.

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm

I agree, the Balrog looks amazing.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am

A mystery box?!? OMG. **grabby hands** I’m just so Stoked for the next batch in general but oooo..

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:28 am

JuzUK79 wrote:Wow that Galadriel Pop! Looks great.

Can’t wait to see glams for next wave

I thought I saw the new Galadriel pop will be a BN exclusive? Hopefully it goes online because I can never find anything in store.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

atreyu2112

Postby atreyu2112 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm

You guys realize the B&N mystery box is a TRILOGY right? Meaning there will be THREE of them! And they will be $50/e. I received an email from B&N to sign up for updates when these will be released. Didn't anyone else get it?

I'm dying to see this next wave already!!!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 pm

atreyu2112 wrote:You guys realize the B&N mystery box is a TRILOGY right? Meaning there will be THREE of them! And they will be $50/e. I received an email from B&N to sign up for updates when these will be released. Didn't anyone else get it?

screenshot I haven't seen anything like that

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 pm

atreyu2112 wrote:You guys realize the B&N mystery box is a TRILOGY right? Meaning there will be THREE of them! And they will be $50/e. I received an email from B&N to sign up for updates when these will be released. Didn't anyone else get it?

Are you referring to the Loot Crate trilogy or the mystery box at Barnes?
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Return to “Pop!”