The NEW Dream Pops Super-List!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Vinyl4Blood

Re: Funko lines you wish had more figures

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Cephus wrote:
o2thedbld5 wrote:
Cephus wrote:No, it won't sell because most people buying Funko are into pop culture, not animals. It's why Spastiks don't sell particularly well either. Now if they did animals from popular culture, that might be a thing, but Pops Pets just rotted on the shelves.

If you want to discuss what sells and what doesn't there are other threads for that. Collectors will buy what they love; it isn't based on what sells highest. This is a thread to write what lines we wish had more figures. It's purely opinion.

But people need to be realistic in their wishes and dreams. They tried Pets. It failed. It failed because it didn't appeal to a large enough swath of collectors. It is highly doubtful that Funko will ever try that again because it was a failed experiment. Sure, you can WANT them to do all kinds of things. You can WANT them to release Pops for free to everyone. It's just not going to happen.

If we were talking about almost any other company, producing the same boring lines of toys as everyone else just to please the mass market, then I would agree with you. However... if there is one thing I've learned about Funko over the past few years... is that they have a tendency to follow their hearts and release items they know and love and enjoyed as kids themselves. A prime example of this... are Hair Bears. Not a current pop-culture trend by any stretch of the imagination, however... as the sold out pops of them at SDCC will prove... there people out there that love them.

But,... if you only want to hear the same handful of ideas for current pop culture stuff that every other company is putting out, then fine. You don't have to listen. But I guarantee you... someone out there is.

Oh... one more thing.... Never ... ever... tell me that...
"...people need to be realistic in their wishes and dreams.
Because I'm a dreamer. An artist. A creator. An Engineer. A designer. An inventor.
And thinking outside the box, wanting something better and different is the only way to create something no one has ever done before.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Cephus wrote:
NCDS wrote:Still, want my Ash with the Delta. Guessing with the cancellation it's not happening.

It was cancelled because they want to make a final movie and perhaps a spin-off with the daughter as the new Ash. Bruce Campbell is done playing Ash.

It was canceled due to low ratings. However, they plan to continue the franchise because there is enough of a cult following to still make some money.

I can't blame Bruce for being done, he spent a year trying to save that show and fans didn't come through in that last season. I would be tired also and be ready to move on.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Michael Jackson

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:24 pm

I wish there were more Pops for Tron, specifically Tron Legacy. So many cool GITD Pops could be made from that, despite not being a huge hit in the box office!
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:32 pm

DipperDots wrote:I wish there were more Pops for Tron, specifically Tron Legacy. So many cool GITD Pops could be made from that, despite not being a huge hit in the box office!

I’m not sure about different characters but I would love a pop ride of the bikes for sure!
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:33 pm

DipperDots wrote:I wish there were more Pops for Tron, specifically Tron Legacy. So many cool GITD Pops could be made from that, despite not being a huge hit in the box office!

I’m not sure about different characters but I would love a pop ride of the bikes for sure!

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Cephus wrote:
o2thedbld5 wrote:
If you want to discuss what sells and what doesn't there are other threads for that. Collectors will buy what they love; it isn't based on what sells highest. This is a thread to write what lines we wish had more figures. It's purely opinion.

But people need to be realistic in their wishes and dreams. They tried Pets. It failed. It failed because it didn't appeal to a large enough swath of collectors. It is highly doubtful that Funko will ever try that again because it was a failed experiment. Sure, you can WANT them to do all kinds of things. You can WANT them to release Pops for free to everyone. It's just not going to happen.

If we were talking about almost any other company, producing the same boring lines of toys as everyone else just to please the mass market, then I would agree with you. However... if there is one thing I've learned about Funko over the past few years... is that they have a tendency to follow their hearts and release items they know and love and enjoyed as kids themselves. A prime example of this... are Hair Bears. Not a current pop-culture trend by any stretch of the imagination, however... as the sold out pops of them at SDCC will prove... there people out there that love them.

But,... if you only want to hear the same handful of ideas for current pop culture stuff that every other company is putting out, then fine. You don't have to listen. But I guarantee you... someone out there is.

Because I'm a dreamer. An artist. A creator. An Engineer. A designer. An inventor.
And thinking outside the box, wanting something better and different is the only way to create something no one has ever done before.

Sheesh, such hostility between two ideas, but I actually agree with both of you on this one. Funko works to go beyond expectations and to try out new ideas while working to please the audience at the same time. While the Pets line didn't so well, it's mainly due to how general the line was, nothing bad on Funko's part. Simple dog and cat breeds don't really sell well as toys or collectors items, unless they were based on specific animals in pop culture or history, like Former President Barack Obama's dogs.

As far as dreams go, it doesn't hurt for fans to express their ideas and wish for them to come true. Funko keeps an open line between their PR and their audience so that they can get a feel for what the general audience wants, such as the petition for a Nintendo line of Pops. What makes a dream a reality is the initiative to see it fulfilled, which is what fans like us do here by posting to these forums and sending letters/emails to Funko about our ideas. Stay positive, guys.

(Also, while Funko doesn't necessarily give free Pops to everyone on Earth, anyone with internet access and an address has a pretty good chance to win free Funko-merch if they participate in their giveaways that are hosted through several outlets!)

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Cephus wrote:
o2thedbld5 wrote:

Sheesh, such hostility between two ideas, but I actually agree with both of you on this one. Funko works to go beyond expectations and to try out new ideas while working to please the audience at the same time. While the Pets line didn't so well, it's mainly due to how general the line was, nothing bad on Funko's part. Simple dog and cat breeds don't really sell well as toys or collectors items, unless they were based on specific animals in pop culture or history, like Former President Barack Obama's dogs.

As far as dreams go, it doesn't hurt for fans to express their ideas and wish for them to come true. Funko keeps an open line between their PR and their audience so that they can get a feel for what the general audience wants, such as the petition for a Nintendo line of Pops. What makes a dream a reality is the initiative to see it fulfilled, which is what fans like us do here by posting to these forums and sending letters/emails to Funko about our ideas. Stay positive, guys.

(Also, while Funko doesn't necessarily give free Pops to everyone on Earth, anyone with internet access and an address has a pretty good chance to win free Funko-merch if they participate in their giveaways that are hosted through several outlets!)

LilThor

Re: Obscure Pops you want to see

Postby LilThor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
LilThor wrote:
LilThor wrote:
Lol!!!

Or they could start putting them in museum gift shops lol

Would definitely increase ticket purchases if they started having exclusives haha

Lol right!!! Maybe it would encourage people to go learn more ... but then again probably not lol

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:49 pm

LilThor wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
LilThor wrote:
Or they could start putting them in museum gift shops lol

Would definitely increase ticket purchases if they started having exclusives haha

Lol right!!! Maybe it would encourage people to go learn more ... but then again probably not lol

Just so long as museums are making money lol

LilThor

Postby LilThor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
LilThor wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Just so long as museums are making money lol

Agreed!!! Lol

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:33 pm

CyberSoySauce wrote:Community! Oh god, I would buy the entire set in a heartbeat!

Yes!!

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:If we were talking about almost any other company, producing the same boring lines of toys as everyone else just to please the mass market, then I would agree with you. However... if there is one thing I've learned about Funko over the past few years... is that they have a tendency to follow their hearts and release items they know and love and enjoyed as kids themselves. A prime example of this... are Hair Bears. Not a current pop-culture trend by any stretch of the imagination, however... as the sold out pops of them at SDCC will prove... there people out there that love them.

Or there are people who will buy any exclusive because they think it will be worth a lot of money. Plus, you don't see them making more Hair Bear Pops, it was a one time thing, it sold what it sold, it isn't a line that has any future to it. That's the point of this thread though, isn't it?

But,... if you only want to hear the same handful of ideas for current pop culture stuff that every other company is putting out, then fine. You don't have to listen. But I guarantee you... someone out there is.[/quote[

Someone isn't enough. It takes a lot of someones to make it worthwhile. It's really sad how many people have no clue how business actually works. It's not magic, it's hard work.

Dreamers, artists, creators and the line who don't think about the financial viability of their ideas don't tend to be very commercially successful. Funko is a business. They have bills to pay. They have employees to pay. It costs a lot of money to design, prototype and produce Pops, not to mention the considerable expense of buying licenses for all of this stuff. As such, they can't afford to just dream, they have to make sound business decisions. Their financial future relies on it. Their stock prices depend on it. If their shareholders don't like what Funko is doing, they can throw the CEO out on his ear. I kind of doubt Brian wants to go find another job.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:07 pm

I want more Batman Animated Series pops.....only because they haven't released Two-Face yet
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:

I would too. But we have to look at how the Tron Pops and other lines fared in the marketplace. Right now, none of the Pops are commanding much money in the secondary market. They didn't exactly fly off the shelves. Now I have them all and I love them all, but I have to look at the financial decision behind whether or not more figures or rides released in the line would be a sound decision on Funko's part and I don't know that it would. I don't even know if they still have the license for the figures anymore. I'd buy pretty much any more figures they put out for the line, but how many people would? How much would they make on it? That's the real deciding factor.

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:44 pm

These weird mascots

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Well this threads f*cking ruined...

oobcollector

Postby oobcollector » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:38 pm

SAGA, TMNT and Masters of the Universe. But the only problem with the MOTU line that they always release the nice ones as exclusive and the prices gets too high in the aftermarket place. :(

copfire

Postby copfire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:39 pm

John Carptenter's The Thing. Favorite movie of all time, would make some pretty good pops and i would buy the entire set in a heartbeat.

Lutzo1

Postby Lutzo1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Nooklin wrote:Along the lines of Directors and writers, I’d love a line of icons. Like Edgar Allen Poe, Abraham Lincoln, Nikola Tesla, Mark Twain, etc.

Ooooooo! I like the idea of historical figures!

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm

I requested this for so long, but I don't think this will ever happen. Chappelle Show Pops. [-o< [-o< [-o<

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:32 am

:D Sanrio characters!! Pochacco, Pekkle, Cinnamaroll, Purin, Monkichi, and Spottie Dottie are a few more options to expand on.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:56 am

We have Asian characters like Hello Kitty and Doremon already but there are a few other weird characters out there I'd be interested to see.

Shin Chan
Anpanman
...and a favorite!
Afro Ken
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:30 am

I'd like to see more in the Horror category.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:29 am

"Dreamers, artists, creators and the line who don't think about the financial viability of their ideas don't tend to be very commercially successful. Funko is a business. They have bills to pay. They have employees to pay. It costs a lot of money to design, prototype and produce Pops, not to mention the considerable expense of buying licenses for all of this stuff. As such, they can't afford to just dream, they have to make sound business decisions. Their financial future relies on it. Their stock prices depend on it. If their shareholders don't like what Funko is doing, they can throw the CEO out on his ear. I kind of doubt Brian wants to go find another job."

This can truly be posted somewhere else.

This thread is titled "Funko lines you wish had more figures"

A new thread can be made about what funko and dreamers need to do to be a viable and successful person or company. And then I won't click on it.

Back on topic. Wonder Years please.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 am

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Cephus wrote:
o2thedbld5 wrote:

***WES drops the mic***

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am

I hope they do more pops for Naruto.

LilThor

Postby LilThor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 am

Pikalopez wrote:Funko has had their hands in so many properties, but some of them they only made either 2 to 5 for that line. Are there any lines you wish they made more figures for? For me I wish they had made more for the Roger Rabbit line. They could have made all the weasels, Eddie Valiant, Judge Doom before his reveal, Baby Herman, Bongo the Gorilla, and a funko vehicle of Benny the cab. Maybe there could have been a chase figure of doom with his saw hand or a Eddie Valiant chase with the Pig mask.

So mine is kind of a weird answer in that I think there are lines they make too much of 1 mold with different variants and I wish theyd make new molds for. Example is megaman... I mean how many megaman pops do I need in different colors... let's get some of the bad guys made! Dragonball is kind of the same... there's so many characters that need to be made that haven't yet.

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:02 pm

challwsu wrote:The Muppets

I would love this, too.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Can we please get more Oswald pops?
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm

skillawashere wrote:Can we please get more Oswald pops?

Yes please. This.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:

Yes please. This.

in your dreams....
;-)

a hundred different colorway mickeys at nyc a close second? god i want those.....

:mickey2:

Lutzo1

Re: The NEW Dream Pops Super-List!

Postby Lutzo1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:25 pm

RSVHockeyDude wrote:I would love to see some Mcdonalds varitations of some characters and terminator Pops
These are customs other people made

Wow!!!! Love those Terminator ones!!!!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:Def need Terminator Pops!

Wassup LJ! I agree without the Terminator! I have Arnold’s Side Show resin so would be nice to go with that
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Cankleb

Postby Cankleb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am

RSVHockeyDude wrote:Flipper Porg!!!!!!!!!!!

lol that naked porg.

ryzombie619

Postby ryzombie619 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Don't even get me started here. I am addicted to Funko Pops (at least the lines I really like) but they have really half a**ed it with some lines.

I think the worst is Star Trek. It's a major franchise and they've started and quit now with both The Original Series and TNG. We don't have a TOS Dr. McCoy, Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Khan, Romulan, etc. And TNG...no Dr. Crusher, no Guinan, no Wesley, no Q, no Borg Queen. Come on. A wasted opportunity for Funko here. Lots of Star Trek fans out there and they've completely given up on it with two teases.

Batman the Animated Series. (Any news?) No Two Face, no Riddler, no Penguin, no Alfred, no Nightwing, no Gordon, no Bullock, no Ra's al Ghul, no Killer Croc, no Mad Hatter.

X-Men. Still...no flipping Gambit. No Nightcrawler, Rogue, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Sentinel, Omega Red, etc.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Cephus wrote:Honestly, I just want Funko to make BETTER figures. At the moment, it's all low-hanging fruit, repaints, different chrome colors, things made to appeal to the lowest of the possible denominators. Instead of being "this guy with a different hat" or "this girl with a different shirt color", they need to be creative and make innovative sculpts, entirely different characters, something other than "we've seen that a billion times before" Pops. But it's cheap and easy and unfortunately, Pop collectors aren't all that picky. It's kind of sad.

I will say one thing that I wish that Funko would consider at this point - is chroming out PORTIONS of POP! - you know like not the entire pop .. but just a PORTION of it. So like a Iron man with just the Red Part Chrome or a Wolverine where just the Claws are Chrome. I think that would be a really dope and innovative idea. Although I don't know how they would categorize it or if it would be specially stickered.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:

Yes please. This.

in your dreams....
;-)

a hundred different colorway mickeys at nyc a close second? god i want those.....

If Mickey can get a million variants (which makes sense), Oswald can get one to two more pops.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:54 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:

Yes please. This.

in your dreams....
;-)

If Mickey can get a million variants (which makes sense), Oswald can get one to two more pops.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:25 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I will say one thing that I wish that Funko would consider at this point - is chroming out PORTIONS of POP! - you know like not the entire pop .. but just a PORTION of it. So like a Iron man with just the Red Part Chrome or a Wolverine where just the Claws are Chrome. I think that would be a really dope and innovative idea. Although I don't know how they would categorize it or if it would be specially stickered.

looks like you might have just gotten your wish with the new genie.

:cheers:

Return to “Pop!”